How can you be embarrassed to be a Hearts fan?

Craigieboy

john brownlee

Well I see embarrassing in its full glory, as I have a pratt that works beside me. He is an embarrassment to every Hearts fan I just hope that no other Hearts fan has this embarrassment.

Let me explain. He proclaims to be a Hearts supporter, When he does go the a match, a freebie I might add, he sit about three rows in front of me.

At work on friday morning as the men strolled in for work he could not wait to say to every hobo or rantic that came into the office how bad are WE and asking me to verify that said statement, After about ten attempts I turned to him and said use the word WE again and I'll put your lights out. It stopped him using the word WE but for most of the day he keep up how bad were Hearts. Next home game I will go to the person that give him her ticket and -plead with her.its better having an empty seat than that pratt sitting there

NOW THATS EMBARRASING

Rant over

J Cheever Loophole

No shame in getting a spanking with the football we got from Spurs IMO.Embarrassed?No,but I do feel we were let down by all the players (Kello excluded).

I personally felt worse after the '96 cup final,the St Mirren and the Airdrie semis.If we were looking on as neutrals on Thursday we would be talking about the skill and craft on show!But instead we are bitchin' about anything and everything regarding on and off field issues.Is it because we are Heart of Midlothian that makes us so?If that is the case that would be embarrassing!

We got pumped,it wasn't the first time and won't be the last,that is the game and the club we love.

The players have a great deal to prove in the next few games starting with Killie and I do believe the team will be up for it.

Re:Certain songs,don't sing them and they will disappear.

FTH

Had fate been cruel and I'd went down the Hibs route as a youngster, I wouldn't be a football fan by this stage of life. Hearts low points are usually quickly overcome. Hibs are just flatline all of the time (with the very odd defibulator induced flicker of life).

Though we sometimes go down, we'll aye come back up.

There have been occasions over the years when I have been embarrassed by the actions of fellow supporters, and maybe on occasions some of my actions might have embaresed some of them.

There have been occasions over the years when I have been embarrassed by actions taken in the name of my Club.

There have been occasions over the years when I have felt embarrassed by a performance/result, though last night was not one of them.

I am a Hearts fan, I have never been embarrassed to say that I'm a Hearts fan, and I am proud to be a Hearts fan. :thumb:

Great post. :thumbsup:

john brownlee

Well I see embarrassing in its full glory, as I have a pratt that works beside me. He is an embarrassment to every Hearts fan I just hope that no other Hearts fan has this embarrassment.

Let me explain. He proclaims to be a Hearts supporter, When he does go the a match, a freebie I might add, he sit about three rows in front of me.

At work on friday morning as the men strolled in for work he could not wait to say to every hobo or rantic that came into the office how bad are WE and asking me to verify that said statement, After about ten attempts I turned to him and said use the word WE again and I'll put your lights out. It stopped him using the word WE but for most of the day he keep up how bad were Hearts. Next home game I will go to the person that give him her ticket and -plead with her.its better having an empty seat than that pratt sitting there

NOW THATS EMBARRASING

Rant over

Forgot to mention and it is probably the most important part of the embarrasment is he sits through the whole game with out as much as a clap or a cheer. when asked about that point his uaual answer is that it was a boring game and not much to cheer about PS and he always leaves early.

And I know he reads KB but does not post, maybe now he will.......

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

It does hurt being absolutely humiliated by a Spurs XI and have their fans rip the pish out of us and having most of the nation laughing at us.

Not happy tbh but then again what's new? laugh.gif

Being a Hearts fan is all about taking the kicks in the bollocks,the many lows and the many highs.The disappointments over the years make it easier to get over for those amongst us with more years in the bag.Some of our younger fans need to "keep the heid" with some of the over-reactions especially on here.My advice would be "get used to the disappointments because there will be shed loads of them".

Jamboman1512

Just yesterday i had the window cleaner round to collect his money while i was wearing my Hearts top, 'you no embarrassed to be wearing that he said', never i replied, we got beat by a team that played some really good football, though we could have put up more of a fight i think. Even if we got heavily beat by a third division team, yes i would be gutted and p####d off but never embarrassed or ashamed to be a Hearts fan, NEVER.

J Cheever Loophole

Being a Hearts fan is all about taking the kicks in the bollocks,the many lows and the many highs.The disappointments over the years make it easier to get over for those amongst us with more years in the bag.Some of our younger fans need to "keep the heid" with some of the over-reactions especially on here.My advice would be "get used to the disappointments because there will be shed loads of them".

And it's the disappointments that make the successes all the more sweeter when they do finally come our way.thumbsup.gif

I got the rip taken out me at work by all the Celtic & Rangers fans but it is better to be put out by a top class side who were irresistable at times rather than a no mark team that the other two might get put out by.

I love Hearts. Always have since I was a boy and when I go on holiday next week I will proudly wear my Hearts shirt for all to see

Getintaethem

That's funny because from what I remember Zico had him in his back pocket for most of the game and wound him up so much that he took a kick at him, got booked and Souness hooked him before he was sent off.

(I may be mashing several games together in my dodgy memory...)

Na mate, Walters was outstanding that day, tore us apart.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can't say I've ever been embarrassed to support HMFC - even on the Walters bananas day. Totally out of order but it was down to a set of c u next Tuesday's, of which I wasn't one

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Being a Hearts supporter is a privilege and a privilege only a tiny proportion of the living world will ever be lucky enough to appreciate.

"embarrassed" to be a Hearts supporter ?

Never have been and never will.

Archived