Why We Can Still Hold Our Heads High

djf

Gareth Bale earns 36.4m a year. Our annual wage bill is just over 9m. No shame in any of what happened.

Plenty doe or skinto banko we should not be getting humped by anybody like we did on thursday and if you think that theres no shame in that then you are so out of touch with what being a Jambo is.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

seriously, that's what he earns???????

No. It was me reading the calculator wrong. It's 3.64m. I was hoping nobody would notice! :ninja:

:lol:

This is me:

:Vlad-Stupid:

hey its cool cos i can see some players looking for that now cos the world of football has gone so mad over the last 15 or so years...

i was just surprised i'd not head that he was on such a huge wage lol

still a forking travesty of a wage though IMO

Getintaethem

It was three years ago. Now it's ?4.9m. Hence why I wrote ?4.9m.

Where did you get that figure from?

I must agree. However, if by some chance Borthers is right, that would turn the dismissal of Jim Jefferies from a strange decision into an absolutely scandalous one. Also, if he's right, any expectations our owner has of anything more than what we've largely done over the past 15 or 20 years - good year/bad year/good year/bad year - are absolutely preposterous too.

Agree with that.

With regard to the supposed halving of the wage bill, that year saw presumably big earners leave in Kingston, Stewart, Nade at the end of the previous year. But we still had a huge squad and added to it were first team squad members on Bosmans such as Kyle, Elliott, Barr and Skacel. A small reduction was possible but given the 3rd place in the league (win bonuses etc) it looks impossible that there was a near halving.

All that said - the ?4.9m is much closer to a sustainable level for the wage bill of course.

Archived