Predictions/Hopes for the big FA Cup Semi Finals

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Pompey v Baggies

Bluebirds v Tykes

Fantastic, tense games guaranteed. I?m really looking forward to watching the second game on Sunday. What a truly great season it?s been for the FA Cup.

So who do you think will triumph?

Who do you want to win?

For their great fans, I?d like to see Pompey win it, but I think West Brom will beat them in the semi; although I hope I?m wrong.

In the other tie, I can?t see past clever Cardiff, although gutsy Barnsley didn?t beat Liverpool and Chelsea for nothing.

Either way, it?s going to be fascinating to watch.

Thoughts?

Buffalo Bill

rudi must stay
Pompey v Baggies

Bluebirds v Tykes

Fantastic, tense games guaranteed. I?m really looking forward to watching the second game on Sunday. What a truly great season it?s been for the FA Cup.

So who do you think will triumph?

Who do you want to win?

For their great fans, I?d like to see Pompey win it, but I think West Brom will beat them in the semi; although I hope I?m wrong.

In the other tie, I can?t see past clever Cardiff, although gutsy Barnsley didn?t beat Liverpool and Chelsea for nothing.

Either way, it?s going to be fascinating to watch.

Thoughts?

Buffalo Bill

The Pompey West Brom game could be a bit of a classic, two high scoring teams who can't defend. Can't see any shocks though

Say What Again

Looking forward to the games as well BB and like yourself, would like to see Portsmouth win it.

Because they knocked out Liverpool and Chelsea, I'd like Barnsley to win the other semi final. (thus also denying Gavin Rae an FA Cup Final appearance ;))

Looking forward to the games as well BB and like yourself, would like to see Portsmouth win it.

Because they knocked out Liverpool and Chelsea, I'd like Barnsley to win the other semi final. (thus also denying Gavin Rae an FA Cup Final appearance ;))

Don't forget Steven Thompson. That big huddy's with them too isn't he ?

Like you I'd like to see a Pompey v Barnsley final with Pompey winning it but think we'll get a Pompey v Cardiff final. With Pompey winning it.

CF11JamTart

Should be a big weekend for sport here in the Principality.

Toulouse v Cardiff Blues in the quarter-final of the Heineken Cup

Barnsley v Cardiff City in the semi-final of the FACup

Strangely though, things seem a bit calm. Or at least, there isn't the buzz that there is for a Six Nations weekend.

Jeez... it's not like City get to the FA Cup semi-final every year. And it's been a long time since they won the FA Cup. 1927.

Maybe this place is more rugby focused, and everyone are Liverpool fans.

Prediction?

Cardiff to play Portsmouth in the final.

Nae luck, Monkeyheid.

The Old Tolbooth

I want a West Brom v Barnsley final with Barnsley winning the trophy, I have a right soft spot for the Tykes.

West Brom 2 Pompey 2 (West Brom to win on pens)

Cardiff 1 Barnsley 2

Dirk Diggler

I'd quite like Mowbray to lift the FA cup with a sh*tey (in FA cup terms) English team after failing so miserably to lift the equivalent trophy up here with H*bs.

Anything that gets them wondering 'what if' is fine in my book.

J.T.F.Robertson
I want a West Brom v Barnsley final with Barnsley winning the trophy, I have a right soft spot for the Tykes.

West Brom 2 Pompey 2 (West Brom to win on pens)

Cardiff 1 Barnsley 2

Me anaw!! Especially so for Barnsley, in light of what they've accomplished so far.

That'll be it then, Pompey / Cardiff it is. :o

Commander Harris

play up pompey, pompey play up!

pompey to beat west brom 3-2

kennygarland1
I want a WBA v Barnsley final.

I fully expect a Pompey v Cardiff final!

What he said

Dr Ian Malcolm

Its wierd, but I actually think its easier for teams like Barnsley to 'cause upsets against the really big sides than the likes of Cardiff. No matter what they say, when the draws were made and Barnsley came out, the Liverpool/Chelsea players would have naturally thought "peice of ****" even just sunconciuously.

Teams like Cardiff know that by avoiding the big guns (especially as the tournament goes on) then they have a real chance and are focused enough to make sure they take care of the so-called wasier ties. They expect to be the underdogs going in to the competition so are possibly more wary when they come up against a side they're expected to beat.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Archived