Some of the pish posted in the last 12 hours!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

:vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

Get real people, Gareth Bale is worth more than our whole club combined, Rafael Van Der Vaart earns more in a month than it cost to put our squad together! These players weren't any fitter than ours, they were technically far far superior, our players were blowing out their erses because we were chasing shadows that's what happens when clubs like this meet.

Im glad we tried to play and never done a "Walter Smith" and parked the bus for 90 minutes, and i agree 100% with Paulo aswell our boys were in awe of the players they faced last night and that cost us 30 minutes however this match was always all about cold hard cash and hopefully we earned a fortune last night.

Man Utd v Barcelona champions league final wasn't much different to last night (other than scoreline)

Get real people, Gareth Bale is worth more than our whole club combined, Rafael Van Der Vaart earns more in a month than it cost to put our squad together! These players weren't any fitter than ours, they were technically far far superior, our players were blowing out their erses because we were chasing shadows that's what happens when clubs like this meet.

Im glad we tried to play and never done a "Walter Smith" and parked the bus for 90 minutes, and i agree 100% with Paulo aswell our boys were in awe of the players they faced last night and that cost us 30 minutes however this match was always all about cold hard cash and hopefully we earned a fortune last night.

Man Utd v Barcelona champions league final wasn't much different to last night (other than scoreline)

Who were we? Man United or Barcelona

good post.

hearts and scottish football were both taught a viciously hard lesson last night. a real call to sober up and realise just how utterly shambolic scottish football is.

spurs showed us what quality football is all about, but the real embarrassment for me is how massive a gap there is between us and them in terms of athleticism.

proper athletes versus a bunch of sunday league builder's labourers and white van men.

scottish football is living in the dark ages when it comes to this.

ernie winchester

Spot on!

Sexton Hardcastle

Wasn't expecting any miracles last night but it kind of makes you aware just how good a job Celtic have done over the past few years to compete with Milan/Arsenal etc.

Just a bit gutting we couldn't rise to the occasion. Minnows often produce great results in the fa cup. Just a shame we couldn't have kept it tight for 15-20 minutes.

kingantti1874

we should definately have done a walter smith, guys spurs only got 5 because they wanted to only get 5 - they actually could quite easily have had as many as they wanted... double figures easily... i pray to god they go easy on us in the second leg.. im all for showing up the inadequiacies in the scottish game but would have far preferred to have walked out of there last night with head held high... outclassed but not embarassed... regardless of the mitigating circumstances that was embarassing, i hated every second of it from about 3 mins in...

The Old Tolbooth

I agree with you mate, the gulf in class between the two sides is unbelievable, and you don't realise just how far in front of us they are until you actually see them in the flesh. Spurs were a joy to watch last night and gave us a total lesson in how to play football, but then I can't believe people were expecting anything different really considering their richness, and our poorness.

Money in football has effectively ruined it for the 'smaller' club these days, and it's quite sad that the UEFA seeding system for the Europa League effectively means that the smaller clubs cup finals are going to happen before the Europa League even gets into first gear and reaches the group stages. The best we can hope for is a money spinning tie like last night to stave off some of our crippling debt because all five of the clubs we could have faced in this round would have battered us silly.

I can't wait to get back to our pishy little league games :lol:

Like i said in the fitness thread:

i say it's more about ability than fitness levels. Face it, we've become accustomed to shite football, we think we should be able to compete to some extent, but the harsh reality is the gulf between our football and that found elsewhere in Europe is akin to Hearts playing a junior team here in Scotland.

Most of us think our players are better than they actually are. And when players like Rudi appear on the scene we think we have a worldclass player in our mist, yet when they move down South they are shown up for what they are - average at best as most toil to even make an impact in Div 1 never mind the Prem.

Not too disheartened by last night's result, as it was always on the cards and my only worry is the amount of confidence that's been knocked from the team and really hope it doesn't have a knock on effect in the league.

I think last night also highlights the difference between us and the OF unfortunately.

I think Spurs would defeat the OF but i`m not so sure if it would be so emphatic.

But that doesn`t mean our game is fine.

Passing, movement, perception, awareness, strength and anything else you can think of is just on another level.

Yes, we could have done better in that opening spell but no matter how much we gave we still would`ve been well beaten.

That`s not defeatist, because im certainly not that and i agree with PS`s post match comments, but sometimes its glaringly obvious when the opposition are just too good no matter how much you give.

Charlie-Brown

According to football finances Spurs total income for the last 5 years is over ?400M+ compared to Hearts scraping in at just under ?40M - that's a ?360M DIFFERENCE or ?70M+ per season and the gap is growing with Spurs earning far more in recent years and they aren't even in the top 5 richest clubs in England.

Scottish football is backward to an extent but also the SPL is very much poorer with clubs earning 90% less than their English Premier League counterparts.

I think last night also highlights the difference between us and the OF unfortunately.

I think Spurs would defeat the OF but i`m not so sure if it would be so emphatic.

But that doesn`t mean our game is fine.

Passing, movement, perception, awareness, strength and anything else you can think of is just on another level.

Yes, we could have done better in that opening spell but no matter how much we gave we still would`ve been well beaten.

That`s not defeatist, because im certainly not that and i agree with PS`s post match comments, but sometimes its glaringly obvious when the opposition are just too good no matter how much you give.

celtic fan at my work proudly declared that celtic would have matched spurs like-for-like last night. dean pan faced, he said that celtic are as good as them.

he was being serious as well.

it was pointed out to him that spurs reached the QF of the CL league last season and beat both milan teams on the way... AND still managed to finish 5th in the EPL at the same time.

didn't matter though. celtic are still as good and will play them in the final apparently.

:vrface:

Clerry Jambo

good post.

hearts and scottish football were both taught a viciously hard lesson last night. a real call to sober up and realise just how utterly shambolic scottish football is.

spurs showed us what quality football is all about, but the real embarrassment for me is how massive a gap there is between us and them in terms of athleticism.

proper athletes versus a bunch of sunday league builder's labourers and white van men.

Unfortunately THIS

celtic fan at my work proudly declared that celtic would have matched spurs like-for-like last night. dean pan faced, he said that celtic are as good as them.

it was pointed out to him that spurs reached the QF of the CL league last season and beat both milan teams on the way... AND still managed to finish 5th in the EPL at the same time.

didn't matter though. celtic are still as good and will play them in the final apparently.

Mate, it's no worse than some of the people on here that are still deluding themselves into thinking it's more to do with fitness levels than it is to do with ability.

Mate, it's no worse than some of the people on here that are still deluding themselves into thinking it's more to do with fitness levels than it is to do with ability.

it's both really. probably more to do with ability but the fitness thing is harder to stomach.

This from a team that might not even get through the tie they are in after a 0-0 draw at home to Sion.

The only difference with either of the old firm playing spurs last night would be that the old firm players wouldn't have been intimidated, spurs would have beaten either off them but rangers and Celtic wouldn't have given their players the level of respect that our players gave them.

it's both really. probably more to do with ability but the fitness thing is harder to stomach.

Even though we were beaten hands down by a far better side its still hard to take, yer pride takes a hammering.

HR said it as much in his press conference....about English teams always having great Scottish players years ago......its utter shi te the way our standards have dropped.

We`re meant to be a proud footballing nation but they ar seholes in the West think they know how to run the game.

kingantti1874

i genuinely hope celtic or rangers do meet them in the group, saying that - no way they will be hammered like we were as they will play to their respective strengths...

i have never seen a side do that to us... spurs were on another planet - we dominated rangers for 45 minutes on the opening day of the season, thats not to say we are a better side but on a one off we are definately in and around the same level.... i can never envisage a scenario where we could possibly get the better of spurs...

Charlie-Brown

We were beaten hands down on ability, fitness, belief, confidence, tactical-ability, financial resources etc etc. Our guys tried their best particularly in the 2nd half but we still looked like conceding goals and being carved open by them.

I wouldn't agree with there being no difference between both teams fitness. Defoe probably broke more of a sweat looting last week than he did last night ;)

Charlie-Brown

Even though we were beaten hands down by a far better side its still hard to take, yer pride takes a hammering.

HR said it as much in his press conference....about English teams always having great Scottish players years ago......its utter shi te the way our standards have dropped.

We`re meant to be a proud footballing nation but they ar seholes in the West think they know how to run the game.

The amount of Scottish players playing at top clubs in England is increasing again in recent years indeed Darren Fletcher, Alan Hutton and Charlie Adams are playing at the highest level in England, what is detrimental to our game and harming our club sides though is the way the that richer clubs in the English Premier League, Championship and even top of League One are stripping our clubs of many of our better SPL players every transfer window.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Absolutely spot on.

kingantti1874

The amount of Scottish players playing at top clubs in England is increasing again in recent years indeed Darren Fletcher, Alan Hutton and Charlie Adams are playing at the highest level in England, what is detrimental to our game and harming our club sides though is the way the that richer clubs in the English Premier League, Championship and even top of League One are stripping our clubs many of our better SPL players every transfer window.

definately, lets face it for 90% of the players in the spl if a league 1 club comes calling they will go... whats sickening is its actually our money in part which makes this happen as sky take your money and re-invest it in the english game...

A little stage fright, a little too much respect for the opponents but to be honest there wasn't a lot to fault Hearts for.

I thought we played better against Spurs than we did against Aberdeen.

Yes there was and is a huge gulf in class between the teams last night and generally between the EPL and SPL and Spurs would have demolished any SPL team on that form.

The isuue for me is that and Andy Townsend alluded to this that they were surprised at how much space we allowed them to play their natural passing game.

The suggestion was that the manager got his tactics totally wrong or perhaps the players did not do what was asked of them.

Either way we have to hope that the players can take some positives from last night which will not be easy but it will be intersteing to see how we fare against Killie on Sunday.

kingantti1874

A little stage fright, a little too much respect for the opponents but to be honest there wasn't a lot to fault Hearts for.

this is my only consolation, funniliy i havent had a hard time from anyone at work, sheep - hobos, credit to them they are seeing the bigger picture and realise we are a better side than them at the minute so not a lot to gloat about - just a lot of worry about the scottish game now that the gulf in class has been laid bare for all to see

Bale is actually worth more than our CLUB.

Buying Hearts would cost less.

He's actually worth more than 10 of the SPL clubs together and he is worth more than the Rangers and Celtic squads.

Thunderstruck

There is no shame in losing to a team like Spurs and I very much doubt if either of the Old Firm would have made much headway last night - particularly when their performances last night against mediocre European teams are considered.

Losing 5-0 to Artmedia Bratislava - that is properly embarrassing as is getting rutted out of Champs League by Kaunas.

The Old Firm is a major cause of what is wrong in Scotland as they stifle competition. This, in turn, leads to lack of attractive, competitive fixtures which leads to poorer product that nobody wants pay to watch or attend which leads to lower income...... and so on in a vicious circle.

Vlad has come in, put a small fortune into Scottish football - you would think this would be embraced with open arms. Not a bit of it, he is viewed as a threat to the cosy duopoly by the backward, parochial and corrupt figures at the head of the game in this country.

Spurs weren't any fitter than us?

Lawl.

I know spurs looked lazy as they whipped up a pace and left our players for dead.

This has been going on for years in Scotland - certain clubs don't understand that

you have to be athletic, strong & fast in the modern era as well as being good at

football. Webster, Zaliukas & Mrowiec can lay claim to NONE of the above.

Scotland Carried out the Henry Mcleish Report!, at least get someone with a Football Background to Investigate the ever more visible gulf in Scottish Football in comparison to English Football. The Most conclusive evidence was clearly evident last night, that Scottish Football needs a mass overhaul now, by people who are experienced enough to turn the sport around. I also have to say that alot of Rubbish has been posted in regards to Hearts Fans applauding class Football, regardless of who thinks hearts played badly,Indifferently or Mince, I will and will always applaud good football when I see it and I witnessed some class football last night.

good post.

True that! :thumbsup:

hearts_crazy

i genuinely hope celtic or rangers do meet them in the group, saying that - no way they will be hammered like we were as they will play to their respective strengths...

i have never seen a side do that to us... spurs were on another planet - we dominated rangers for 45 minutes on the opening day of the season, thats not to say we are a better side but on a one off we are definately in and around the same level.... i can never envisage a scenario where we could possibly get the better of spurs...

I genuinely hope Rangers and Celtic progress no further in the competition.

That qualifies as in the top 2 pashest statements on here. :teehee:

definately, lets face it for 90% of the players in the spl if a league 1 club comes calling they will go... whats sickening is its actually our money in part which makes this happen as sky take your money and re-invest it in the english game...

spot on mate if sky pull out english fitba will be fecked whole of scotland should cancel sky

kingantti1874

spot on mate if sky pull out english fitba will be fecked whole of scotland should cancel sky

Yes completely agree... unfortunately it will never happen - too much apathy...

re the post a above - yes of course your right it would be better if they get horsed out, but if they get through id like them to get spurs

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Yes completely agree... unfortunately it will never happen - too much apathy...

re the post a above - yes of course your right it would be better if they get horsed out, but if they get through id like them to get spurs

I'd love the OF to get spurs as well if they go through.

Will put Scottish football into perspective for the deluded hordes when they get horsed by Spurs.

You are not being serious mate are you? I stopped reading your post when I got to that statement because you do not know what you are talking about. If you thought our players were as fit as the Spurs players then you were not watching the same game as me last night.

Said the same to the guy next to me at the end. If that had been us against any of the non-OF SPL teams, we would have been happy with the performance and done enough to finish with 3 points. At the same time the defending at their goals was just a continuation of the way we have been getting opened up in the middle.

Walter Bishop

That qualifies as in the top 2 pashest statements on here. :teehee:

You think so ? I think fitness and athleticism are completely different, it all comes down to how you use your fitness. Our players worked alot harder than spurs players last night, fitness was not the issue.

rossthejambo

I genuinely hope Rangers and Celtic progress no further in the competition.

As do I, and I'm fairly confident that they won't, barring Sion getting kicked out of Europe for the whole player registration fiasco.

chester copperpot

There is no shame in losing to a team like Spurs and I very much doubt if either of the Old Firm would have made much headway last night - particularly when their performances last night against mediocre European teams are considered.

Losing 5-0 to Artmedia Bratislava - that is properly embarrassing as is getting rutted out of Champs League by Kaunas.

The Old Firm is a major cause of what is wrong in Scotland as they stifle competition. This, in turn, leads to lack of attractive, competitive fixtures which leads to poorer product that nobody wants pay to watch or attend which leads to lower income...... and so on in a vicious circle.

Vlad has come in, put a small fortune into Scottish football - you would think this would be embraced with open arms. Not a bit of it, he is viewed as a threat to the cosy duopoly by the backward, parochial and corrupt figures at the head of the game in this country.

Quite simply, a brilliant post.

Put it better than I ever could. :clap:

Seymour M Hersh

So is someone suggesting the defeat was only due to them being fitter?

No, thought not.

They were fitter than us which cannot be denied.

While their ability was lightyears ahead of us along with their better footballing brains we should at least be able to be as physically fit and strong as them (after all our mob are meant to be professional athletes as well) but we are nowhere near their level of professionalism. And, imho, that's go feck all to do with having loads of dosh and not having it.

I hear what you are saying, but they WERE fitter than us.

im sorry but saying that we were the same level of fitness is just mad, i mean are you blind even 4ft arron lennon was built like a house, and huddlestone was like a block of sky rise flats, made templeton look like justin bieber out there!

Walter Bishop

I hear what you are saying, but they WERE fitter than us.

I hear what you are saying aswell, however i still think in terms of overall fitness most teams professional teams will match each other in terms of ability to run for long periods etc. As for strength etc then yes they were much stronger, however lets not kid ourselves on we were not beaten because they were fitter.

Spurs players are athletic.

Ours aren't.

Yes, there is a huge gulf in ability, but Scottish teams in the past have managed to overcome this through hard work, desire and passion.

Problem is that nowadays, this isn't enough as there is now not only a gulf in ability but a huge gulf physically.

Spurs players are physical specimens. They treat their bodies like athletes. Players in Sotland simply do no and never have. The attitude and culture of football clubs and footballers in our country needs to change.

The only player in the whole of Scotland who could possibly play for Spurs is Izaguerrie at Celtic. Nobody else comes even close.

Archived