Webster had a mare !

Barney Rubble

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His game is suited to the hoof ball played in the SPL. Can't deal with pace. Hence when up against the likes of Defoe Lennon and Bale he's ######

At last. This thread has taken far longer than expected. Christ who would have been better tonight at centre half?

Bert Le Clos

How the **** did he get a start i do not know !

Agreed he was honking.

But in a European game who are you going to play ahead of him?

Barney Rubble

At last. This thread has taken far longer than expected. Christ who would have been better tonight at centre half?

No who would have been worse tonight ?

Webster was utter pish, so was Zal, I would seriously get rid of both!

nonsense, We don't come up against opposition like Spurs every week.

They are more than capable for the SPL, any attempt to say otherwise is total *****.

Tommy Wiseau

Wonder if he'll bother his arse to turn up on Sunday.

Oh, sorry, I mean I wonder if he'll be fit for Sunday.

Now the big game's out the road and all. :rolleyes:

Harry Palmer

I thought his vast EPL experience proved invaluable tonight. Top man again.

Got to love him.

Carl Spackler

And replace with two football players. I agree. In that game anyway. The SPL on the other hand they are pretty good, probably better than most which says everything about Scottish football.

portobellojambo1

What you need to do is sit down and look at the goals we conceded. Someone where we were drinking post game had the same attitude as you, why was Webster there. He was a bit alone because most people thought Webster had done not a lot wrong. The goals then came on the TV, goal 1, at fault Zaliukas, on two occasions, goal two, at fault, Zaliukas, goal three, at fault, Zaliukas, goal 4, caught out of position Zaliukas, he didn't want to watch goal 5, but realised Webster was nowhere near as bad as he had originally thought.

Tonight was all about professional football players playing against people who play in the SPL, and the difference in quality was immeasurable.

If Im being honest I would rather Eggy had started tonight and I hope that he and Gowzer get the chance next week, they may be no better but they couldnt be any worse.

Guys, Mrowiec was absolutely dire.

In fact, thats a massive understatement.

Webster was v poor also, but our DM forgot how to do the D part of his job which didn't help the defence at all.

Beggars belief that Johnsson didn't at least play the DM role. At least he has a bit of pace.

Also beggars belief that Rudi Skacel can't get a game for Hearts.

Thank god we're not going to play a team of Spurs quality in the SPL though.

Webster hides in every game when we need him most,for those who cant see it i suggest they watch highlight of tonights match.His mental issues have ensured that the player he should be is long gone.For me he can **** right off.

Christ who would have been better tonight at centre half?

I misread this and thought you said "Christ would have been better at centre half" !

I had this mental image of a man nailed to a cross winning tackles on the edge of the box !

Webster was dire. Shouldnt have started, was more interested in having a laugh with Hamill than defending properly. McGowan should have played tonight.

Johanes de Silentio

Temps was worse.

****sake!

Here's what we'll dae - we'll start a thread for every player that was outplayed by vastly superior opponents the night.

The team was outplayed - we win as a team, and we lose as a team - collective responsibility.

McDonald's best, JJ's best, and Burley's best might have made a better fist of it, but, let's be honest - they would have struggled.

They're (a lot) better than us - deal with it.

simple he declared himself fit, :whistling: i wonder what game he will choose to play in next :blink:

Barney Rubble

What you need to do is sit down and look at the goals we conceded. Someone where we were drinking post game had the same attitude as you, why was Webster there. he was a bit alone because most people thought Webster had done not a lot wrong. The goals then came on the TV, goal 1, at fault Zaliukas, on two occasions, goal two, at fault, Zaliukas, goal three, at fault, Zaliukas, goal 4, caught out of position Zaliukas, he didn't want to watch goal 5, but realised Webster was nowhere near as bad as he had originally thought.

Tonight was all about professional football players playing against people who play in the SPL, and the difference in quality was immeasurable.

In Zals defence he had to be there to make mistakes Webster is never at the races , kids on hes a good defender keeps it simple to almost ****** level get rid asap hes a waste of space .

****sake!

Here's what we'll dae - we'll start a thread for every player that was outplayed by vastly superior opponents the night.

The team was outplayed - we win as a team, and we lose as a team - collective responsibility.

McDonalds best, JJ's best, and Burley's best might have made a better fist of it, but, let's be honest - they would have struggled.

They're (a lot) better than us - deal with it.

Well said that man.

Too many seething roasters about!

portobellojambo1

Zaliukas was culpable for at least 3 of there goals, Webster was no worse than anyone else

Tonight was all about Scottish football fans waking up to the fact that the gulf between the SPL and EPL is a trillion miles wider than some probably believed.

Spurs made the difficult things look easy and the easy things were nothing to them. In the SPL the easy things are difficult for players to do and the difficult things impossible.

Tyrion Lannister

I'd be severely ****ed off if I was Eggert Johnson, that's for sure.

I thought Webster was no worse than Zaliukas/Mrowiec/Sutton/Templeton, though. Completely outplayed.

Thunderstruck

Was at the game and haven't seen replays and first goal as seen from behind goal was a clear hand-ball from which they got an advantage. The second was just good play by footballers who have an innate understanding of what their teammates will do. The third was like the second but would like to see if there was an offside in it.

I don't think we got started or got settled into the game before they were ahead.

Harry Palmer

I'd be severely ****ed off if I was Eggert Johnson, that's for sure.

I thought Webster was no worse than Zaliukas/Mrowiec/Sutton/Templeton, though. Completely outplayed.

Jonsson.

Edit: Thunderstruck, someone also said it was a handball for the 1st...not that it matters a jot.

portobellojambo1

In Zals defence he had to be there to make mistakes Webster is never at the races , kids on hes a good defender keeps it simple to almost ****** level get rid asap hes a waste of space .

If you are trying to offer any defence for Zaliukas one has to ask who is the ******, with all due respect. Zaliukas was as bad as he has always been for HMFC, pure and utter pish.

IMO there were mistakes with team selection tonight which might have improved things, and clearly the attitude was all wrong in the 1st half.

Van Der Vart even said on the radio he felt Hearts players looked afraid!

We needed more pace tonight and playing Johnsson instead of Mrowiec would have helped. Elliott has played in the EPL and might have been a better option up front. I wouldn't have played Stevo but in fairness he did quite well tonight and got stuck in.

But no matter what we did tonight we'd still have got beaten. It might just have been more respectable.

In hindsight, the only chance we had of a result was to play uber defensively and try and get a 0-0, but against quality like that I very much doubt we'd have succeeded.

Let's face facts, Spurs are s**t hot and we're not.

Toxteth O'Grady

Yes.

Stroller was miraculously "fit" for this game but really hasn't done anything since he returned to suggest he should get a game.

Captain bomscare has been consistantly gash for quite a while now.

If you are trying to offer any defence for Zaliukas one has to ask who is the ******, with all due respect. Zaliukas was as bad as he has always been for HMFC, pure and utter pish.

you are being kind how this guy is still on the pay roll is a mystery, lets hope the new manager has 9 portugueise players on his radar ASAP, all he seems to do is shake his head and scratch his chin as he watches the dross on the park.

RoussetsShorts

he was awful but at least he never fresh air swiped the ball off himself to set up van der vaart :blink:

Carl Spackler

That was obviously a real test and exposure of ability.

Stark light of day going player by player

Kello - You can't judge. Had no chance with any of the goals.

Hammill - Gave it a go. Worked hard, played not bad at all.

Zaliukas - Had not a clue. Couldn't mark his pants. Defoe made him look stupid.

Webster - If he has any idea then he would have at least have tightened the defence up. A player of his experience should be Captain material. Not even close.

Grainger - Hearts best player on the night.

Driver - Looked like the only man who wasn't phased. Did OK.

Mrowiec - Well I didn't notice him

Black - Not a class player but did what the rest should have been doing under the circumstances.

Templeton - Needs guided. Far more capable than he's currently letting on (not just tonight)

Sutton - Not a worker. Think he has goals in him though.

Stevenson - See Black.

Paulo Sergio - Tactico **** Upo First Halfo.

That was obviously a real test and exposure of ability.

Stark light of day going player by player

Kello - You can't judge. Had no chance with any of the goals.

Hammill - Gave it a go. Worked hard, played not bad at all.

Zaliukas - Had not a clue. Couldn't mark his pants. Defoe made him look stupid.

Webster - If he has any idea then he would have at least have tightened the defence up. A player of his experience should be Captain material. Not even close.

Grainger - Hearts best player on the night.

Driver - Looked like the only man who wasn't phased. Did OK.

Mrowiec - Well I didn't notice him

Black - Not a class player but did what the rest should have been doing under the circumstances.

Templeton - Needs guided. Far more capable than he's currently letting on (not just tonight)

Sutton - Not a worker. Think he has goals in him though.

Stevenson - See Black.

Paulo Sergio - Tactico **** Upo First Halfo.

its going to be a long not enjoyable season, unless the new manager has some Aces up his sleeve

Harry Palmer

Waster is shite and should never have been signed...still he's elevated above Zaliukas for some reason, which makes me laugh.

Sell him, get him off the wage bill.

Harry Palmer

Why did they drop Robinson and jonsson after a three nil win

Jonsson was a fitness doubt for this....should've stuck McGowan in.

Gregory House M.D.

Webster :vrface: Tried to stroll it like an SPL game. Failed miserably.

Archived