Pass and move

seib

This is how spurs beat us tonight. Fitter, faster, more intelligent players who passed the ball and found space with ease.

TBF they were faster, bigger and more skillful.

Men against boys.

And yet Scottish teams will still insist on fielding small, unfit players..........where's the logic or are we just

so crap at football now it's beyond us all.

This is how spurs beat us tonight. Fitter, faster, more intelligent players who passed the ball and found space with ease.

Spot on. Can't be that difficult to ingrain that into Scottish players can it? Also one point in the second half can't remember who was on the ball, but he was just outside the box. All our players hung back waiting for a square ball instead of running into the box to receive a pass and the move broke down. Poor.

CavySlaveJambo

Also SIZE doesn't matter.

Using the head, and improving fitness has to be the next step forward

Thank god we never got them a few games into their season.

this is some proper inspector cluso shit here!

That's the point Sherlock. We are allegedly aiming to play the passing game. It's a simple game and spurs gave us an exhibition in it tonight. We had no movement. No confidence in each other that if we passed the ball and made space we might actually get the return pass and start to put together an attack. It's the most basic stuff but we don't do it

Their movement for me was the most obvious difference between the sides. Every player in that side was moving into space for a pass and playing neat one touch football.

The main difference was the movement off the ball.

Every time a Spurs player received the ball they were in space - due to their movement off the ball,

Every time a Spurs player received the ball they had options - due to their teammates movement off the ball.

That's the main reason. Sure, they're big and fast and skillful, but the main difference is the speed of thought and quality of movement off the ball.

I don't see how it is so hard for Scottish and SPL players to comprehend how to move off the ball in the correct fashion,

It really is not rocket science

scott herbertson

The main difference was the movement off the ball.

Every time a Spurs player received the ball they were in space - due to their movement off the ball,

Every time a Spurs player received the ball they had options - due to their teammates movement off the ball.

That's the main reason. Sure, they're big and fast and skillful, but the main difference is the speed of thought and quality of movement off the ball.

I don't see how it is so hard for Scottish and SPL players to comprehend how to move off the ball in the correct fashion,

It really is not rocket science

It is if your thick

Why are these players all better than Scottish players?

Coaching. It can not be that difficult to get kids to play for the team and move off the ball intelligently.

Bad habits picked up early are impossible to get rid of. Good habits picked up early are contagious.

Something has to change at grass roots level.

Our basic ball control from Black, Mrowiec and Stevenson was absolutely dire, especially in the first half.

We don't have the most basic fundamentals mastered to be honest.

JamboAberdeen

One aspect is that, while we kept chasing their back, their movement was often faster than our passing.

Movement off the ball, simple one-two, pace of the passing.

The difference looked totally different sports.

delpieroismagic

Just don't have the quality of players now. I think we would have got a bit closer with the players of 2006 although they come at a price as documented in the last 5 accounts. Hopefully the players will have learned a bit tonight of what is required to be a good team.

Coaching. It can not be that difficult to get kids to play for the team and move off the ball intelligently.

Bad habits picked up early are impossible to get rid of. Good habits picked up early are contagious.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Kneejerking bandwagon...

It's money ya ers. Nothing else.

This. Craig Levein seems to realise this too but I can't say I'm hopeful as long as we carry on down the usual route, employing "journeyman" ex-players to "coach" our developing youngsters. Unless there is a serious injection of foreign coaches and players I can't see anything changing in Scottish football and we'll probably be doomed to repeating the same-old, ad nauseum. All IMO of course.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Kneejerking bandwagon...

It's money ya ers. Nothing else.

A bit harsh I think eh?. However, it is a given that money is the main key to attracting the foreign players who influence the game so much in England. Also, it's easy to remember the effect that a few players with real ability made in the early days of Romanov's reign. Of course it's also possible to throw money at a problem and not cure it. That's why I'm sure you didn't mean it when you said "nothing else". That would have been just too naive.

Archived