Banks Tell Everton No Money For Transfers.

benny

Worrying times for them,Kenwright announces that the bank will not give them money for transfers,could well be some transfers out now.Must be a worry that Moyes will move as well,then a relegation battle to follow.

Always wondered though why no one buys Everton.They are one of Englands biggish clubs with a great history but never seem to hear of anybody taking it off Kenwright,who in my opinion is a good chairman but has taken the club as far as he can.

rudi must stay

Worrying times for them,Kenwright announces that the bank will not give them money for transfers,could well be some transfers out now.Must be a worry that Moyes will move as well,then a relegation battle to follow.

Always wondered though why no one buys Everton.They are one of Englands biggish clubs with a great history but never seem to hear of anybody taking it off Kenwright,who in my opinion is a good chairman but has taken the club as far as he can.

Moyes leaving would be no bad thing IMO, the last few years they've made no real progress.

Moyes leaving would be no bad thing IMO, the last few years they've made no real progress.

Oh. My. God.

You are a wind up merchant, you have to be.

:facepalm:

heartsfc_fan

Oh come on!

It's difficult for Everton to really improve on what they already are. In the last 5 seasons they have finished 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th. Probably about right for a club like them, when you have the spending power of the Manchester teams, Chelsea, Arsenal (to some extent) and now Liverpool. Even Villa and Spurs have a bit of cash.

Fresh investment is needed if they want to really progress.

Do you honestly think that. :huh: :huh:

rudi must stay

Oh. My. God.

You are a wind up merchant, you have to be.

:facepalm:

haha. It's all about opinions, I just think Everton could do better. Every so often they have a great match which shows how well they can play, but they always fail to build on it.

Oh come on!

It's difficult for Everton to really improve on what they already are. In the last 5 seasons they have finished 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th. Probably about right for a club like them, when you have the spending power of the Manchester teams, Chelsea, Arsenal (to some extent) and now Liverpool. Even Villa and Spurs have a bit of cash.

Fresh investment is needed if they want to really progress.

Exactly.

If anything Everton have been punching above their weight the last few years with a severe lack of investment.

Without Moyes, Everton would be a bottom half side.

:(

That is awful judgement on your part.

I think they could have done a lot worse than cash in on Leighton Baines and sign Lee Wallace for sweeties.

haha. It's all about opinions, I just think Everton could do better. Every so often they have a great match which shows how well they can play, but they always fail to build on it.

Thats more down to Kenwright not being rich enough though.

rossthejambo

Exactly.

If anything Everton have been punching above their weight the last few years with a severe lack of investment.

Without Moyes, Everton would be a bottom half side.

:(

I think you're being generous saying bottom half. Everton would be flirting with relegation and more than likely in the Championship by now if Moyes wasn't there.

To have done what he's done with little or no budget on a yearly basis is remarkable.

rudi must stay

Thats more down to Kenwright not being rich enough though.

a bit of both. It's down to a lack of money, but it's down to a lack of energy from the manager. Which you can understand, because he has been there a long time.

Charlie-Brown

Surely they still get ?30M+ SKY money annually like all the other EPL teams do? What's the financial problem at Everton?

loughtonspurz

a bit of both. It's down to a lack of money, but it's down to a lack of energy from the manager. Which you can understand, because he has been there a long time.

Sorry mate but it has to be said, you really are talking complete and utter rubbish, Everton clearly don't have a pot to p**s in, they are actually overachieving taking into account the obvious lack of financial clout that they have in comparison to many other clubs in the EPL.

I think you're being generous saying bottom half. Everton would be flirting with relegation and more than likely in the Championship by now if Moyes wasn't there.

To have done what he's done with little or no budget on a yearly basis is remarkable.

I pretty much agree.

As an Evertonian though I couldn't really bring myself to say relegation.

Do not understand what you mean.He has turned down a few jobs the past couple of years.Going by your theory Ferguson should leave as well.

Part of the problem with Everton is the stadium.

Anyone buying into them will have to either totally rebuild over a couple of seasons, or build a new stadium.

So before they can spend big on the team they have to spend 10's (at least) of millions on the stadium.

Part of the problem with Everton is the stadium.

Anyone buying into them will have to either totally rebuild over a couple of seasons, or build a new stadium.

So before they can spend big on the team they have to spend 10's (at least) of millions on the stadium.

It seems both Merseyside teams have stadium problems.I take it they cannot work together to solve their problems.

Liverpool though have had a big takeover so at least they can spend money on players.Why not an Everton takeover,fanbase,history and good team structure there already.Seems an ideal club to buy.

rudi must stay

Do not understand what you mean.He has turned down a few jobs the past couple of years.Going by your theory Ferguson should leave as well.

maybe he's frightened to move, prefering to stay at a club where he has no chance of the sack. It's actually the same as Ferguson actually, but he's been far more succesful

maybe he's frightened to move, prefering to stay at a club where he has no chance of the sack. It's actually the same as Ferguson actually, but he's been far more succesful

Actually it isn't actually.

loughtonspurz

Surely they still get ?30M+ SKY money annually like all the other EPL teams do? What's the financial problem at Everton?

Firstly Everton get a lot more than ?30m a year from SKY, but there are many other factors to take into account, such as gate receipts, sponsorship deals, corporate sales, merchandise sales etc, Everton are weak in many of those areas, and Everton's stadium is old and has little in the way of corporate facilities, compared to Spurs for example Everton are miles behind financially, Everton generate about ?80m a year in annual turnover, in comparison to Spurs who will generate well over ?170m when their year end accounts are released in October, which puts Spurs amongst the top 10 richest clubs in the world.

Taking the above facts into account Everton really do remarkably well to finish as consistently high as they do in the EPL year after year.

heartsfc_fan

Firstly Everton get a lot more than ?30m a year from SKY, but there are many other factors to take into account, such as gate receipts, sponsorship deals, corporate sales, merchandise sales etc, Everton are weak in many of those areas, and Everton's stadium is old and has little in the way of corporate facilities, compared to Spurs for example Everton are miles behind financially, Everton generate about ?80m a year in annual turnover, in comparison to Spurs who will generate well over ?170m when their year end accounts are released in October, which puts Spurs amongst the top 10 richest clubs in the world.

Taking the above facts into account Everton really do remarkably well to finish as consistently high as they do in the EPL year after year.

I might sound like an idiot here, but Spurs and Everton get similar crowds. However, what do Spurs do on the corporate side that Everton don't? :unsure:

I might sound like an idiot here, but Spurs and Everton get similar crowds. However, what do Spurs do on the corporate side that Everton don't? :unsure:

Probably stuff like having private 'boxes' for ?10,000* a season, and a local clientele that can afford it.

*made up number, I've no idea how much a private box at WHL costs. I also don't know how many Spurs or Everton have, I also suspect Sours will have more tables in their lounges for corporate, and bigger/more lounges to accomodate them.

I am also aware that there a plenty of wealthy people in Liverpool and surounding areas, just not as many as in London and surrounds.

Check locations.....

I also think they have punched above their weight for a long long time which is down to Moyes, IMO.

I'd imagine it's not what they don't do but more what they can't do because of space and with having an older ground. Kind of like us in a way. New stadiums or well modernised ones are totally geared up for corporate guests who bring in far more cash. Also, would being in London not help teams like spurs? Everything is more expensive there.

loughtonspurz

Tottenham and Everton do currently get similar attendances that is true, but that is only down to the fact that WHL is not big enough for our needs, Tottenham have a much bigger fan base than Everton, and by the end of last season Spurs had around 45,000 fans on their paid for season ticket waiting list, and because of the demand for EPL games at WHL, Spurs can get away with charging exorbitant ticket prices, Evertons most expensive season tickets are approximately ?600 each, Spurs charge over ?1000 as an average, and up to ?1,800 each, and up to ?80 for a single ticket, as well as that Spurs don't allow concession prices in 3 of the 4 stands at WHL.

Spurs sell between 3/4x as many replica shirts as Everton do, as for corporate sales Everton are very limited by their much older stadium, the difference in sponsorship deals is vast Everton get ?3.5m per year where as Spurs get a minimum of ?12.5m a year, and Spurs have recently signed a new 5 year kit deal with Under Armour for ?10m a year.

See link below .........

http://www.djmick.co.uk/sport/football/footballs-ten-most-expensive-shirt-sponsorship-deals/

That's an impressive waiting list for a team that has had moderate success lately. No offence. What is the future for spurs at the lane? Are they still looking to get a bigger gaff? What size stadium do you think spurs could fill?

That's an impressive waiting list for a team that has had moderate success lately. No offence. What is the future for spurs at the lane? Are they still looking to get a bigger gaff? What size stadium do you think spurs could fill?

If they've got 45,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list and their capacity now is 35k then 80k definite, but why not go for 100k - even if they only got 90k some weeks it would still be one hell of a stadium.

loughtonspurz

No offence taken mate, Spurs are just coming out of one of their least successful periods for decades, but our fan base has held up remarkably well, and Daniel Levy is growing the club year on year, I think that Spurs will get their regeneration grant shortly, and then announce that they are going ahead with the NDP at WHL, Spurs should be able to fill a 60,000 stadium for EPL games, but some Cup games wont be sold out.

2nsnv2w.jpg

heartsfc_fan

Tottenham and Everton do currently get similar attendances that is true, but that is only down to the fact that WHL is not big enough for our needs, Tottenham have a much bigger fan base than Everton, and by the end of last season Spurs had around 45,000 fans on their paid for season ticket waiting list, and because of the demand for EPL games at WHL, Spurs can get away with charging exorbitant ticket prices, Evertons most expensive season tickets are approximately ?600 each, Spurs charge over ?1000 as an average, and up to ?1,800 each, and up to ?80 for a single ticket, as well as that Spurs don't allow concession prices in 3 of the 4 stands at WHL.

Spurs sell between 3/4x as many replica shirts as Everton do, as for corporate sales Everton are very limited by their much older stadium, the difference in sponsorship deals is vast Everton get ?3.5m per year where as Spurs get a minimum of ?12.5m a year, and Spurs have recently signed a new 5 year kit deal with Under Armour for ?10m a year.

See link below .........

http://www.djmick.co.uk/sport/football/footballs-ten-most-expensive-shirt-sponsorship-deals/

Thanks. Some decent information there.

I'm sure Spurs could do what Arsenal have done and fill a nice spanking new 60,000 seater.

Thanks. Some decent information there.

I'm sure Spurs could do what Arsenal have done and fill a nice spanking new 60,000 seater.

Then once you get the new stadium you get some stupid amount for naming rights like City done.

Could be wrong but it seems Spurs were like Everton,(bar London prices) seasons back.Once they got rid of Alan Sugar,see Kenwright they progressed as a club.

How close are they to a new ground,take it years away due to the arguing over the Olympic Stadium.

Tottenham and Everton do currently get similar attendances that is true, but that is only down to the fact that WHL is not big enough for our needs, Tottenham have a much bigger fan base than Everton, and by the end of last season Spurs had around 45,000 fans on their paid for season ticket waiting list, and because of the demand for EPL games Spurs can get away with charging exorbitant ticket prices, Evertons most expensive tickets are approximately ?600 each, Spurs charge over ?1000 as an average, and up to ?1,800 each, and up to ?80 for a single ticket, as well as that Spurs don't allow concession prices in 3 of the 4 stands at WHL.

See link below .........

http://www.djmick.co...nsorship-deals/

That's about the size of it

The North London Derby at White Hart Lane will cost you between ?47 and ?80

The Merseyside Derby at Goodison will cost ?34 to ?41

In terms of ticket sales a full house at Goodison is equivelant to White Hart Lane having 10,000 empty seats

rudi must stay

Actually it isn't actually.

very similar, 2 managers that can keep their job no matter how badly their team does.

very similar, 2 managers that can keep their job no matter how badly their team does.

Ferguson would be out that door if man utd finished anything other than fourth in my opinion.

Fans can be fickle.

It seems both Merseyside teams have stadium problems.I take it they cannot work together to solve their problems.

Liverpool though have had a big takeover so at least they can spend money on players.Why not an Everton takeover,fanbase,history and good team structure there already.Seems an ideal club to buy.

I remeber reading in the press a few years back that of the major clubs (which Everton were 4-5 years ago) theirs is by far the most parochial in that they have virtually no fans outisde of Liverpool ,. in fact the overwhelming majority of Evertonians live very close to that particular part of the city.

If you've ever been to Goodison you can see what straits they are in. Liverpool must be one of the few cities in the world where the two major clubs own vast areas of land that are worth next to nothing. Everton were planning to move out of the city (to Kirby ?) but the local council protested against the move as it was bad for the area. Anyone who has ever been to Kirby will know just how ridiculous that sounds.

Archived