Train Travel Tomorrow

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

Just to let anyone travelling train know, your cheapest option is getting seperate tickets from edinburgh to glasgow, and then glasgow to kilmarnock. This works out at about ?15 i think.

If your travelling in a group you can get friends fares as well. It ends up costing ?12 each in a group of 3 people, or about ?10.35 each in a group of 4 people. You get a friends fare to glasgow for all of you, and then individual cheap day returns to kilmarnock

MON THE HEARTS

John Findlay

If you are in groups of 3 or 4 you can also get the group savers From Kilmarnock to Glasgow return as, well as from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Also remember if you are an adult going with children 15 and under then you can get a family fun day ticket to Kilmarnock where you just pay for the adult only. Minimum is 1 adult 1 child. Maximum is 2 adults 4 children paying for the adults only. You can also get 1 adult and 4 children.

The best way by train this weekend is EDB-GLQST and then the wee walk to central for the train to Killie. REMEMBER THERE ARE NOT DIRECT TRAINS FROM EDINBURGH TO GLASGOW CENTRAL TOMORROW.

John

Romanov Stole My Pension

Sorry, i was getting confused between friends fares and groupsave. I've had a wee look on the first scotrail website but couldnt see any group discounts from glasgow to kilmarnock. Are you sure they're available?

John Findlay
Sorry, i was getting confused between friends fares and groupsave. I've had a wee look on the first scotrail website but couldnt see any group discounts from glasgow to kilmarnock. Are you sure they're available?

Yep.

John

Yep.

John

John , you are a star turn giving good travel advise to fellow Jambos well done mate :thumb:

Archived