40 tickets

scottg71

In today's Daily Star Ryan Stevenson says he managed to get 40 tickets for tonights game for family and friends. Seems a bit excessive.

PauloSergioBentoBrito

Maybe each player was allocated 20 tickets plus 10 extra for every goal against Paks?

LOL but seriously.

40 is a bit much surely!

I would imagine that each first team player gets about 5-10 tickets for each game.. Stevenson will have his tickets plus he will have got the tickets from players not using theirs such as Obua, Zaliukas, Novikovas, Kello etc..

heartsfc_fan

I would imagine that each first team player gets about 5-10 tickets for each game.. Stevenson will have his tickets plus he will have got the tickets from players not using theirs such as Obua, Zaliukas, Novikovas, Kello etc..

I would imagine this is the case

******* joke.

He says they are all for his mates. 40 tickets for boys from Ayrshire who've probably never been to Tynie before and almost definitely not Jambos.

He should've kept his mouth shut IMO.

We_are_the_Hearts

They would need to come in a corpse to create less atmosphere than most of our ST holders :whistling::P

Radioactive Mince

Wonder if it's the same script for the away game?

Definitely something not right with the allocation/points threshold balance. Player & staff perks = 500 tickets or more IMO.

Hate hearing that.well thats 40 less people singing tonight.

So they will all be sitting on their hands all night and not joining in with the sing song? Doubt it

They would need to come in a corpse to create less atmosphere than most of our ST holders :whistling::P

Exactly.

Dont get the seethe.

Players getting free tickets shock!

Stevo's mates will likely make more noise than 70% of our ST holders. :lol:

Well they certainly couldn't make less!

Mr Brightside

I think you are right Ryan Stevenson will have taken the comps from players not using their allocation. Gary Locke was renowned for doing this for big games when he was a Hearts player.

Part time fans who only want to go tonight because it's Spurs will be seething that they cant get a ticket. :pleasing:

What is the point in complaining about these tickets.. If you are going to complain then here is something to compain about..

Hearts fans have used a variety of excused for not renewing season tickets/stopping going to Hearts games including reasons such as: I will never go back as long as Romanov is there/Rix is there/we are playing rubbish football/Thompson etc.. They then use that as a good excuse not to go every week..

Now we have a big game they have come out the woodwork and got themselves a ticket.. Either that or they dont have a ticket and complain saying that they used to be a season ticket holder but are not now but they deserve a ticket because they are a huge hearts fan..

They should have just done it at the ticket office that every season ticket holder is entitled to 2 tickets for the game.. they are the ones that put their money into the club no matter the product on the pitch.. Any unsold after that can go to non season ticket holders depending on loyalty points..

Mr Brightside

They should have just done it at the ticket office that every season ticket holder is entitled to 2 tickets for the game.. they are the ones that put their money into the club no matter the product on the pitch.. Any unsold after that can go to non season ticket holders depending on loyalty points.

Its a nice idea but unlike some wee teams we have too many season ticket holders for everyone to bring a mate.

I think for a game of this stature every season ticket holder knows someone who wants to go who can't get a ticket.

Its a nice idea but unlike some wee teams we have too many season ticket holders for everyone to bring a mate.

I think for a game of this stature every season ticket holder knows someone who wants to go who can't get a ticket.

I reckon you would be surprised.. quite possibly a group of mates all have season tickets together and dont need the extra tickets.. other than that you could start with platinum then move your way down to bronze.. maybe bronze would only be able to get their own seat depending on how the sales went..

Part time fans who only want to go tonight because it's Spurs will be seething that they cant get a ticket. :pleasing:

Not really as I will be in the Hearts end for the grand finale at WHL. :verysmug:

The Treasurer

Even if they're not Hearts fans I would imagine that, being family or friends of Stevenson then they will be getting right behind him and therefore right behind the team.

And as pointed out they can't any quieter than some of the existing ST holders.

Speaking of which....

I just hope that they arrive at least 30 minutes before kick off, don't need the toilet and stay in their seats for at least an hour after the game :whistling:

Either he got other players comp's or shock horror he actually paid for them himself, i think you will find the later is true.

Exactly.

Dont get the seethe.

Players getting free tickets shock!

Stevo's mates will likely make more noise than 70% of our ST holders. :lol:

Well they certainly couldn't make less!

Yea God Damn those useless ST holders, putting money into the club every year.

Yea God Damn those useless ST holders, putting money into the club every year.

ST holders were gaurenteed their brief.

As Hannibal says, the only people raging are the part timers.

How Ironic.

rossthejambo

:lol:

People getting worried that 40 (you heard me right folks, 40!!!) fans might not sing along with a crowd of 16,000+ need to have a word.

ST holders were gaurenteed their brief.

As Hannibal says, the only people raging are the part timers.

How Ironic.

I just meant the usual digs of ST holders not making enough noise (sh*t fans etc)

So what? You could have got tickets for 6 or 10! Player who scores goals wants to take his mates to see him play Spurs? I would as well, cut the drama!

Dean Winchester

I really don't have a problem with this TBH. It's their (the players) big game as much as it is ours. Why shouldn't they have their family and friends watch them against the big guns?

What is the point in complaining about these tickets.. If you are going to complain then here is something to compain about..

Hearts fans have used a variety of excused for not renewing season tickets/stopping going to Hearts games including reasons such as: I will never go back as long as Romanov is there/Rix is there/we are playing rubbish football/Thompson etc.. They then use that as a good excuse not to go every week..

Now we have a big game they have come out the woodwork and got themselves a ticket.. Either that or they dont have a ticket and complain saying that they used to be a season ticket holder but are not now but they deserve a ticket because they are a huge hearts fan..

They should have just done it at the ticket office that every season ticket holder is entitled to 2 tickets for the game.. they are the ones that put their money into the club no matter the product on the pitch.. Any unsold after that can go to non season ticket holders depending on loyalty points..

Spot on. It seems the pitch fork brigade only want to boycott the wee games.

Gods a Jambo

To be honest, some of the excuses getting trotted out by those who cant get tickets are laughable. I find it amazing that all these people with all these commitments always manage to get time off for the big games. My old man has bought a season ticket for years, and due to his shifts could only make a handful of games, he would sell his ticket on the games he couldnt go. Surprise, surprise, he could never get rid of the games against st mirren etc.

People will come out with a million excuse, yet these same excuses never apply to big games. Its funny how they manage to remember their Jambo credentials when tickets are in short supply, yet never appear to bust a gut to get to the "wee" games. If you have a season ticket and follow the club, you deserve your place at these games.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

In today's Daily Star Ryan Stevenson says he managed to get 40 tickets for tonights game for family and friends. Seems a bit excessive.

Outrageous .

Fozzyonthefence

So you would rather have Ayr United fans there, or worse, Rangers or Celtic fans than part time Hearts fans that might add a bit to the atmosphere? You're warped.

Dr. Bapswent

Totally, id imagine all of Ryan's family and friends will be stoney faced and down right morose watching him play the biggest game of his life in a European match.

They might even boo or ask other to quite down too.

:facepalm:

Gregory House M.D.

How do you know that? For all you know, 30 of them could be Jambos

Gregory House M.D.

Outrageous .

Not really... As someones previously said, he'll be using team-mates whose family isn't in Scotlands Tickets.

To be honest, some of the excuses getting trotted out by those who cant get tickets are laughable. I find it amazing that all these people with all these commitments always manage to get time off for the big games. My old man has bought a season ticket for years, and due to his shifts could only make a handful of games, he would sell his ticket on the games he couldnt go. Surprise, surprise, he could never get rid of the games against st mirren etc.

People will come out with a million excuse, yet these same excuses never apply to big games. Its funny how they manage to remember their Jambo credentials when tickets are in short supply, yet never appear to bust a gut to get to the "wee" games. If you have a season ticket and follow the club, you deserve your place at these games.

While I agree with what your saying, of course if you have a season ticket you are more entitled to get the big games than someone who doesnt if tickets are in short supply. I dont think anyone would argue that

I am one of those people who has probably put more effort travelling up tonight from Newcastle (not a million miles away and I am sure there are people further away than I am travelling up) than I would St Mirren on a Wednesday night. When I am in Edinburgh I will go to the match, not bothered who it is against. If I was to listen to half the majority of the people down here I am aswell chucking my money down the toilet but I genuinely believe that we can do something special and I would love nothing more than walking back into work tomorrow morning with a huge smile on my face!!

I dont post that often but people who get wound up for 'part time' fans coming out the woodwork for what is a massive game is just irritating. I dont see myself as a 'part time' fan, just a genuine Hearts fan. I might not give Hearts my money on the gate but the Hearts shop still does alright from me.

Enjoy the match, dont stress about the part timers, they will just want to see Hearts win as much as you!!

Gods a Jambo

While I agree with what your saying, of course if you have a season ticket you are more entitled to get the big games than someone who doesnt if tickets are in short supply. I dont think anyone would argue that

I am one of those people who has probably put more effort travelling up tonight from Newcastle (not a million miles away and I am sure there are people further away than I am travelling up) than I would St Mirren on a Wednesday night. When I am in Edinburgh I will go to the match, not bothered who it is against. If I was to listen to half the majority of the people down here I am aswell chucking my money down the toilet but I genuinely believe that we can do something special and I would love nothing more than walking back into work tomorrow morning with a huge smile on my face!!

I dont post that often but people who get wound up for 'part time' fans coming out the woodwork for what is a massive game is just irritating. I dont see myself as a 'part time' fan, just a genuine Hearts fan. I might not give Hearts my money on the gate but the Hearts shop still does alright from me.

Enjoy the match, dont stress about the part timers, they will just want to see Hearts win as much as you!!

I would say your the exception to the rule, you dont stay in Edinburgh, so its hard to have a go. I see your point and it seems to me you would accept it, if you never managed to get a ticket. Iam not stresssed at all about it pal, I find it funny that the people I speak of, are stressed trying to get a ticket.

So you would rather have Ayr United fans there, or worse, Rangers or Celtic fans than part time Hearts fans that might add a bit to the atmosphere? You're warped.

If I come home from the match tonight with the sad empty feeling that we were exactly 40 singing voices short of a perfect atmosphere, I will issue a full and sincere apology. Until then, anyone who has a problem with Stevo's friends and family coming along to support him and the rest of the team can sook my dandersthumbsup.gif

They will be easy to identify - covered head to toe in "tramp stamps"

I suppose the main issue here is, did the players pay for their own tickets? Probably not!

If that's the case, then it's no surprise that the club is ?30m + in debt, if that how it does its business normally. We have people (real fans) queuing up to buy tickets at ?30+ a skull and we appear to be giving them away as freebies. Makes good economic sense, eh?

:unsure:

Dr. Bapswent

It is a bit shit of him tbh.

Do you think any 1 of those tickets were ever potentially going to be allocated to paying supporters?

Archived