Call of Duty 4

The Merse

New maps available for download.

Woohoo, is it wrong that this excites me?

:)

Not at all.

How do you download them?

Not at all.

How do you download them?

Well I'm on X-box 360, when you log-in it says new download available for game then when you get to the live menu in the game the option to download maps is there. Costs 8 quid though, should be good though as had been getting slighlty bored of playing the same maps so regularly!

Download at 30%, wish it would hurry up!

:P

Dear oh dear, not another PS3 fool?

;)

However did you guess? :P

Nah - I don't have the same militant attitude towards which console is the best; all I know is that CoD4 on the PS3 is absolutely fantastic. Online works like a dream, and it's free. ;) Hope the PS3 gets new maps too; I reckon they'll be the winners of the "design your own map" contest that IW held.

Just got 36 for 4 on Creek, I just camped and got chopper after chopper. Even so, am I the only one that thinks COD4 is all about who can spray the best?

Even so, am I the only one that thinks COD4 is all about who can spray the best?

When I started, I was keen on being a decent sniper, but I've found that it's actually much more fun to infiltrate sniper positions (especially in Bloc) and...*ahem*...spray them from behind. ;)

When I started, I was keen on being a decent sniper, but I've found that it's actually much more fun to infiltrate sniper positions (especially in Bloc) and...*ahem*...spray them from behind. ;)

:laugh:

I've got no right to be moaning about people spraying when my main weapon is a P90. Disappointed COD4 wasn't a World War 2 game, the rifles were the best.

Gears of War is still the best online game for me.

:laugh:

I've got no right to be moaning about people spraying when my main weapon is a P90. Disappointed COD4 wasn't a World War 2 game, the rifles were the best.

Gears of War is still the best online game for me.

Can't wait til I unlock the P90! :dribble: Stuck with the AK-47u just now, which is still quite good.

How many WW2 games do you want? There're millions of 'em! ;)

Just got 36 for 4 on Creek, I just camped and got chopper after chopper. Even so, am I the only one that thinks COD4 is all about who can spray the best?

Creek is horrible. I hate sniping levels!!!

Creek is horrible. I hate sniping levels!!!

Everyone I've spoken to hates the new maps :confused:

Creek is pretty good actually, everyone spawns close together which is good for air strikes. Just run into the ditch at the bottom and lob 3 grenades over the hill, I get quite a few kills that way.

It'll take time to get used to them, Chinatown has been taken from Carentan on COD2 so I'm used to that already. What's everyone's worst map? It's Bog or Overgrown for me.

Creek is pretty good actually, everyone spawns close together which is good for air strikes. Just run into the ditch at the bottom and lob 3 grenades over the hill, I get quite a few kills that way.

It'll take time to get used to them, Chinatown has been taken from Carentan on COD2 so I'm used to that already. What's everyone's worst map? It's Bog or Overgrown for me.

I hate Wet Works and that other daft wee square one. with the statue.

I love Crash.

I hate Wet Works and that other daft wee square one. with the statue.

I love Crash.

Wet Work is just a map for throwing random grenades and hoping it gets someone. The only decent original maps are Crash, Vacant and Bloc at a push.

Least favourite is Bloc, by a distance.

Favourites are Crash, Showdown and don't mind District all that much.

Quite like Chinatown and Broadcast out of the new ones.

Bloc is hit-and-miss; I get lost far too easily when I stray out of the main square!

Favourites: Vacant (love it), Overgrown, Crash, Crossfire(?) and I'm quite good at Bog and Showdown.

Least favourites: Backlot(?), and I'm abysmal at Pipeline.

Archived