Alex Macdonald

Cliffundo

Alex Macdonald for Manager  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alex Macdonald for Manager

• Yes please!
    • No thanks

Could not resist this after discussing AM on Nelly terraces thread

Considering he is only 60 this year and has probably forgot more than most managers in the spl know...would you like to see him back for another stint as manager.

Personally I would love this. regardless how long he has been out of management, he would still know how to get the bunch of non triers we have up to scratch and performing for the club!

Nelly Terraces

Haha, it'll never happen in a million years, but just for a laugh I voted Yes anyway.

Bring back Jimmy Bone as centre forward while yer at it!

Walter Kidd

He'd give the overpaid mercenaries we have now a fright that's for sure.

Yes for me.

Haha, it'll never happen in a million years, but just for a laugh I voted Yes anyway.

Bring back Jimmy Bone as centre forward while yer at it!

what about Robbo and Sandy Clark...! :)

He'd give the overpaid mercenaries we have now a fright that's for sure.

Yes for me.

Damn sure he would.... I actually think Vlad would like that side of him... would remind him of a coherent Mallowthief...obviously one with knowlledge and football acumen!

Only if these scally wag players we have get to call him Doddie,it's the norm down Tynecastle way now, dont you know.

I can see where you're coming from, but he's been out of the game for a long time and if I recall correctly Sandy Jardine was always regarded as the better of the partnership. Most Jambo's were surprised when he got the bullet first and I don't think he ever managed again. Doddies record at Airdrie was not great either, he was never able to replicate what he did in 85/86.

Damn sure he would.... I actually think Vlad would like that side of him... would remind him of a coherent Mallowthief...obviously one with knowlledge and football acumen!

But then again Vlad wouldn't like the fact he would tell him too "feck off" as soon as he decided some piece off shet was to get a game.

Walter Kidd
I can see where you're coming from, but he's been out of the game for a long time and if I recall correctly Sandy Jardine was always regarded as the better of the partnership. Most Jambo's were surprised when he got the bullet first and I don't think he ever managed again. Doddies record at Airdrie was not great either, he was never able to replicate what he did in 85/86.

Are you having a giraffe? He got Airdrie on crowds of about 4,000 into Europe, Cup Finals and constantly high in the league.

If that is not a great record what is?

Guest JamboRobbo

Considering he is only 60 this year and has probably forgot more than most managers in the spl know...would you like to see him back for another stint as manager.

He'll certainly have forgotton more than anyone currently at HMFC has ever known about management.

He'll certainly have forgotton more than anyone currently at HMFC has ever known about management.

FFS my wife knows more about football managment than most at HMFC just now.

I think what happned in 86 was enough to knock the stuffing out a hmm..

but going on what you said, why not get them both in :)

you know it makes sense. if Charlie Man is reading this... tell Vlad to watch tonights documentary on the 85/86 season and then after he has witnessed the passion and the feeling for the club and the fans...get right on the blower to Alex Mcadonald and Sandy Jardine and make them both offers they can not refuse.

I think what happned in 86 was enough to knock the stuffing out a hmm..

but going on what you said, why not get them both in :)

you know it makes sense. if Charlie Man is reading this... tell Vlad to watch tonights documentary on the 85/86 season and then after he has witnessed the passion and the feeling for the club and the fans...get right on the blower to Alex Mcadonald and Sandy Jardine and make them both offers they can not refuse.

Not a chance,he's making a fortune from RFC and still might be raking it in from S&N.

He was absolutely brilliant at Airdrie ... including beating us!

londonjambo

Maybe not as manager but not even to have been nominated for the Hall of Fame seems to me to be disgraceful when compared with some who have been ;)

Cant imagine your campaign to have him as manager will have a snowball's chance but you might well get him into the Hall of Fame with a well targeted campaign

GC

You what?

Walter Kidd

Robbie f'n Neilson or Alex MacDonald?

You are right. A shocking oversight by the new Pieman Lawrence Broadie.

Guest JamboRobbo
FFS my wife knows more about football managment than most at HMFC just now.

Why didn't you say so before? Get her CV sent in. ;)

Robbie f'n Neilson or Alex MacDonald?

You are right. A shocking oversight by the new Pieman Lawrence Broadie.

Theres just no way on earth you could leave out what AM done when he was here!

he gave thousands hope, joy and memories that will last forever!

RN well, he will give nightmares for a while...but thats it!

Nelly Terraces

Would I be right in saying that Doddie never lost versus the hobos, or at least had one of the best records against the lochend beasts that a man could ask for?

NT

Actually, now think he did lose maybe one in a friendly when we were in Div 1 and they were in the Prem, around '82 - the game we smashed Fester Rd to bits afterwards.

Walter Kidd
Would I be right in saying that Doddie never lost versus the hobos, or at least had one of the best records against the lochend beasts that a man could ask for?

NT

Actually, now think he did lose maybe one in a friendly when we were in Div 1 and they were in the Prem, around '82 - the game we smashed Fester Rd to bits afterwards.

Tom Hart memorial was it? Jenners windows were "dressed" that night as well if I remember rightly.

Used to be fun watching Hearts, this season has been a chore.

Nelly Terraces
Tom Hart memorial was it? Jenners windows were "dressed" that night as well if I remember rightly.

Used to be fun watching Hearts, this season has been a chore.

That's the fellae. A fun evening. Glaziers in Edinburgh must've made a fortune.

Skinheids running down the road wi stolen video recorders I seem to remember.

Happy days. :)

Walter Kidd
That's the fellae. A fun evening. Glaziers in Edinburgh must've made a fortune.

Skinheids running down the road wi stolen video recorders I seem to remember.

Happy days. :)

I was terrified of Skinheads as a kid. Those doc martens and pilot jackets used to give me nightmares.

The Livvy Skins in the Old Shed were a particular band of nut nuts. One had NF tatooed on his napper but had obviously done it in a mirror so it was the wrong way round. That lot would have done Genghis Khan and his armies easy.

NT

Unfortunately not Nelly.

I'm sure they beat us season 87/88 at Fester Rd, and then there was the game at Tynie when Archibald scored and Alan Moore missed a chance at the end to make it 2-2.

I was terrified of Skinheads as a kid. Those doc martens and pilot jackets used to give me nightmares.

The Livvy Skins in the Old Shed were a particular band of nut nuts. One had NF tatooed on his napper but had obviously done it in a mirror so it was the wrong way round. That lot would have done Genghis Khan and his armies easy.

PMSL bet he felt like a ***** when he realised he done that!

Walter Kidd
PMSL bet he felt like a ***** when he realised he done that!

I don't think he actually knew! It probably looked right in the mirror every morning so he was well chuffed.

Nutter.

I don't think he actually knew! It probably looked right in the mirror every morning so he was well chuffed.

Nutter.

whahaha...good point!!

He did a great job at Airdrie who were lucky to have a fan base of 5,000.

Also did the business on Hearts in TWO Scottish Cup semis!!!

I'm sure I've heard Jim Traynor or the like saying it's a disgrace that 'Doddie' isn't involved in football anymore.

I vote yes too.

NT

It's strange how things pan out: wee Doddie doing next to nothing and his Hibs doormat counterpart Alex Miller sitting on the Liverpool bench alongside Rafa Beneitez :huh:

Are you having a giraffe? He got Airdrie on crowds of about 4,000 into Europe, Cup Finals and constantly high in the league.

If that is not a great record what is?

glad you said it i was about to have to google airdrie as i too thought he done a amazing job there

portobellojambo1
Could not resist this after discussing AM on Nelly terraces thread

Personally I would love this. regardless how long he has been out of management, he would still know how to get the bunch of non triers we have up to scratch and performing for the club!

While I have nothing but total respect, total admiration for AM, I actually think part of what you say is the main reason not to bring him back to the club Meth. And that is he has been away from the huff and puff of day to day management too long, football has changed dramatically in the time he has been out of management. I would also doubt he would actually come back, again having been out of that part of the game for so long. It was for similar reasons I didn't get excited when hearing about names, such as former international managers, being linked with us in the last couple of seasons, whether those links were real or fabricated we will never know.

I think we have seen, first hand, the problems that can be encountered when employing someone who built up their reputation many many years ago, some punter called Malofeev who apparently had been a bit of a whizz in Communist Russia back in the 70's/80's.

Getting him (AM, not Malofeev) inducted into the Hall of Fame, now that is a different matter, that is a position he not only deserves, but which the club should have ensured had already occurred.

Ok, I'm man enough to admit that from a certain point of view I may have been wrong about the Airdrie thing, although quite why you think beating Hearts in two semi finals is a good thing I don't know.

Apart from getting Airdrie into two cup finals, europe, crowds of 4000+, playing regularly in the top division etc. what did he ever do for them?

(I stand by the rest though, Jardine was considered the better of the two by most Jambos at the time and he's been out of football management for a long time, so on balance I wouldn't want him.)

Imeantasong

No chance.

Just give the man a freebie entry to Tynie any time he wants.

Total gentleman. Spoke to him in Buchanan Street on way through for a Hearts V Porto friendly years ago. He was brilliant.

One of Wallace Mercer's few mistakes making Jardine co-manager put an end to things eventually. Pity.

rudi must stay

no. Doesn't work bringing managers back who have been out the game, Keegan being the perfect example imo

Voted yes for sentimental reasons, but had a discussion with a workmate who also posts on here (but must remain nameless due to board rules!) and we were saying that instead of being taken off to some fancy resort in the German Alps they should have them back here for the whole pre-season doing the dunes at Gulllane a la 85-86. I always remember the Back from the Brink video and all the players talking about how running up and down the sands set them up for that season.

Stick yer wheel barrows up yer arse!

Unfortunately not Nelly.

I'm sure they beat us season 87/88 at Fester Rd, and then there was the game at Tynie when Archibald scored and Alan Moore missed a chance at the end to make it 2-2.

Spot on mate. Also Jan 89 - Eddie May scored - their last win before the 22

Archived