British Airways

Tams bird

Do you need to show a passport for an internal flight ?

I think Easyjet etc does but I thing BA is different ... Different class of passenger :whistling:

Thanks. My driving licence is the old paper style... My nephew dosnt have anything with his photo ( I dont think )..Dont want to trail a passport next week...

chester copperpot

I have flown many times to London, and it's a bit hit or miss whether they ask you for photographic ID or not.

Especially if you book yourself in online.

I'd always take ID though, as you're better safe than sorry. I believe all internal flights require photographic ID, but not every flight I've been on asks for it.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

You do not get asked for photo ID with BA under normal circumstances, but when I have had a problem with tickets not scanning or me being late and having to lie through my teeth to get on they have always asked for ID.

As Caster Chickenpot says, I always take my driving licence, better safe than sorry...:thumbsup:

I took the prudent step of asking my missus who works for BA and she says you need photo ID. She says officially they should check it but sometimes dont probably out of laziness! Better safe than sorry I reckon

chester copperpot

I took the prudent step of asking my missus who works for BA and she says you need photo ID. She says officially they should check it but sometimes dont probably out of laziness! Better safe than sorry I reckon

So basically, confirming what I said. wink.gif

As most people have said, internal flights only require a photo ID not passport, howver for kids its different, i know Easyjet/RyanAir does not need photo ID for uner 12s for internal flights

This from the easyjet website!

"Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult."

As most people have said, internal flights only require a photo ID not passport, howver for kids its different, i know Easyjet/RyanAir does not need photo ID for uner 12s for internal flights

This from the easyjet website!

"Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult."

Still think it would be mental to go to the airport without some kind of photo ID for all parties. Why take the risk?

I washed my passport the other day. Is there anywhere I could take it to make sure its still usable or is will i have to make a trip to the airport?

chester copperpot

I washed my passport the other day. Is there anywhere I could take it to make sure its still usable or is will i have to make a trip to the airport?

Depends how damaged it is.

My mate got on his honeymoon to the Dominican Republic with a washed passport in June.

I think Easyjet etc does but I thing BA is different ... Different class of passenger terrorist. :whistling:

:woot:

Depends how damaged it is.

My mate got on his honeymoon to the Dominican Republic with a washed passport in June.

Well it looks ok to me. Wanted to know if there was anywhere i could check it in case i do need to get a new one before going away.

I think Easyjet etc does but I thing BA is different ... Different class of passenger :whistling:

biennale20.jpg

Archived