Tynie Atmosphere

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

If you were the guys singing non-stop in Section G, you were cringe inducing.

The top three or four rows in G are cringe inducing in general. Do you listen to yourselves? huh.gif

Also, why is it the 'left wing's' fault? laugh.gif Didn't know you had to sit centre-right to be able to enjoy a decent atmosphere.

Gregory House M.D.

The top three or four rows in G are cringe inducing in general. Do you listen to yourselves? huh.gif

Also, why is it the 'left wing's' fault? laugh.gif Didn't know you had to sit centre-right to be able to enjoy a decent atmosphere.

Yourselves? :interesting:

i said the same after the paksi game...i was seated in section g and the atmosphere was good but as soon as i turned my head to the right and looked directly along the whole of the wheatfield it was like a morgue nobody even standing nobody singing....tynecastle is terrible for any kind of atmosphere these days sad but true !!!

Yeah and we have the best stadium for it with the towering stands but the fans dont seem to use it to their advantage.

Yourselves? :interesting:

Always got the impression you were part of that lot.

Gregory House M.D.

Why?

Making the assumption of which row i sit in. I actually sit slap bang in the middle.

Right i am going to get shot down for this i know but here goes......... I think we need something like "the green brigade" at Celtic. As much as I hate the scum they actually make some noise something which we are lacking at tynecastle. I dont really know the difference between hibs "12th Man" and "the green brigade" but i find the hibs fans alot more cringeworthy :unsure: So if we are to create a singing section or something similair we need to have fans that dont just sing (eg 12th Man) we need fans that are actually passionate about the club and even if they are not singing they still get behind the team. :thumbsup:

:ninja:

portobellojambo1

Quite interesting, in an uninteresting sort of way I suppose (depending on what people class as interesting, and there are varied tastes in this world)

We have this thread where people are saying there is no atmosphere within Tynecastle, and we have another thread running where some are trying to convince Spurs fans that one of the things we will have in our favour is Tynecastle is a 'rocking' stadium and will scare their players shitless.

Think truth is it is somewhere in between. The last time I can remember real noise from all stands in Tynecastle was in May 2006, when we beat Aberdeen 1-0 to secure a place in the Champions League qualifiers. As a stadium it has the potential to be 'rocking' but if we are brutally honest it has the potential to be very quiet and if the team aren't playing well more intimidating to the HMFC players than the opposition.

I'm guessing on the other thread we are trying to conivnce the Spurs fans their team are in for a shock when they arrive (reality is I think what will shock the Spurs team most is the size of the away dressing room, in most homes it would be referred to as a wardrobe :lol:).

Harry Palmer

Crap...tried to go all Left Wing for the derby but ended up being Right Wing..... could have been Left Wing but wouldn't be able to see the goals.... fecking Wheatfield...

Not sure I agree it's up to the players to put on a show before we start singing. Of course the crowd will respond to exciting moments in a match, goes without saying. But I remember when we used to make more noise than the opposition after losing a goal, in an attempt to lift the players and get us back into it. Now, it will be a cacophony of howls and boos.

I've seen us back the players many times to the point they get a huge lift from the crowd, not the other way round.

As has been noted, though, the combination of all-seated stadia, the quest to eradicate bigoted/sectarian singing and over-zealous stewards have affected the atmosphere. We've lost that sense of collective defiance that would ripple through the crowd under the shed, instead we just get frustrated and often that frustration is taken out on individual players. Rightly or wrongly, that rarely spurs a player on.

I suppose in our sterile, health & safety obsessed, nanny state we won't ever get standing areas back. I'd still love to see Hearts try to re-introduce them as part of plans for a new stadium (if that, as it seems, is the route we go down), just to see how strong the political opposition and red tape is.

Arthur Morgan

I doubt you are as bad as Hibs...I was at the Celtic game a few weeks ago at Easter Road and it was comparable in the home end to a library. And I was sat in the end that the supposed die hards sit in the East Stand.

I've been to many Hibs Dundee games at Easter Road over the years and always thought it had a great atmosphere - how things have changed.

Mate, nobody are as bad as hibs when it comes to atmosphere! :lol:

I doubt you are as bad as Hibs...I was at the Celtic game a few weeks ago at Easter Road and it was comparable in the home end to a library. And I was sat in the end that the supposed die hards sit in the East Stand.

I've been to many Hibs Dundee games at Easter Road over the years and always thought it had a great atmosphere - how things have changed.

Appart from singing about what they can afford for their dinner there ain't any atmosphere at Easter Road!

Now, how's it go again...... oh aye...."Heinz beanz, heinz beanz!"

scots civil war

the cops with their video cameras were out yesterday tracking some aberdeen kids having a go,think it was when eggert got injured

those kids were getting a bit boisterous

my point is tho ,there is a bit paranoia creeps in when the cameras are out scanning

behaviour has changed over the years because of all of this orwellian shit

what about the grass the punter campaign that hmfc had going n all....

it seems like the authorities are winning in the way they want the punters to behave

Copying Spurs with the slow "Oh when the Hearts"

Singing "Kello sing us The Sash"

Copying Liverpool with "ring of fire"

Singing Hello, Hello with all the extras

Well that is absolute bullshit, i genuinely dont even know what the sash is, and only sung hello hello when the rest of the crowd behind us started it after suttons second.

I've been going to Hearts games at Tynecastle since the eighties and all this stuff about the atmosphere being worse now just doesn't ring true with me I am afraid. I do not remember a period where we used to sing non-stop for ninety minutes at every game. We get more behind the team when the product is entertaining and that is the same as all teams at home. Tynecastle has it's moments like it always has and when they come they are first rate and memorable... Maybe that is it? Like when you look back at childhood and always remember it being sunny. People just forget the flatter days and remember the really good ones.

SPOT ON IMO mate. The Shed was the biz and on BIG games the buzz rang along the Wheatfield benches and out behind the goals though I'm saying this rememebering the 'good games'. Games a plenty it could be dire though you would head back week in week out and that's what it;s about. Loved the Shed and I actually do think the atmosphere was better before now though mainly due to the terracing. I'd have The Shed back in minute as I would EVERY away ground visited when standing. It's magic you know......

Gregory House M.D.

Well that is absolute bullshit, i genuinely dont even know what the sash is, and only sung hello hello when the rest of the crowd behind us started it after suttons second.

Well this proves that you weren't in G because it was only sung once and it was when the people i mentioned sang it.

Well this proves that you weren't in G because it was only sung once and it was when the people i mentioned sang it.

Section G row 14 seats 32,33,34.

You act like section G is an exclusive club , its diabolical for atmosphere. You're accusations are pathetic. Me and my cousin would never sing sectarian songs or anything distasteful. And that accusation that we werent in G is pathetic. I take it your one of these people who spend their lives on JKB getting on the backs of the fans who go along to tynie?

Gregory House M.D.

Section G row 14 seats 32,33,34.

You act like section G is an exclusive club , its diabolical for atmosphere. You're accusations are pathetic. Me and my cousin would never sing sectarian songs or anything distasteful. And that accusation that we werent in G is pathetic. I take it your one of these people who spend their lives on JKB getting on the backs of the fans who go along to tynie?

Row 14? That's where I sit. Are you a season ticket holder? There was nobody I can remember being told to sit down. Was this before or during the game?

Clerry Jambo

SPOT ON IMO mate. The Shed was the biz and on BIG games the buzz rang along the Wheatfield benches and out behind the goals though I'm saying this rememebering the 'good games'. Games a plenty it could be dire though you would head back week in week out and that's what it;s about. Loved the Shed and I actually do think the atmosphere was better before now though mainly due to the terracing. I'd have The Shed back in minute as I would EVERY away ground visited when standing. It's magic you know......

:thumbsup:

Row 14? That's where I sit. Are you a season ticket holder? There was nobody I can remember being told to sit down. Was this before or during the game?

It was during the game, the guy was an older man he was in section F though just at the other side of the aisle. The lad who came over and said well done lads you's sang the whole game was also on row 14 but i dont know how far along in G.

Gregory House M.D.

It was during the game, the guy was an older man he was in section F though just at the other side of the aisle. The lad who came over and said well done lads you's sang the whole game was also on row 14 but i dont know how far along in G.

This isn't a dig, but I didn't hear you TBH. If you've got a Spurs ticket in Section G, you'll see how good the atmosphere is. Yesterday was probably the poorest it's been since Dunfermline in the cup. I'd advise you to get a seat up the back next time if you want to stand. The back 4 or 5 rows stand throughout most games. It can get very cringey up there though.

This isn't a dig, but I didn't hear you TBH. If you've got a Spurs ticket in Section G, you'll see how good the atmosphere is. Yesterday was probably the poorest it's been since Dunfermline in the cup. I'd advise you to get a seat up the back next time if you want to stand. The back 4 or 5 rows stand throughout most games. It can get very cringey up there though.

I couldnt get a ticket for the Spurs game and i usually sit up the back. TBH i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt hear us as there was only 2 of us. I wasnt even wanting this to turn into a debate and all that its just that i was shocked that someone would tell you to shut up at a football match for singing songs. Last week at motherwell we outsung the home support by miles.

Gregory House M.D.

I couldnt get a ticket for the Spurs game and i usually sit up the back. TBH i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt hear us as there was only 2 of us. I wasnt even wanting this to turn into a debate and all that its just that i was shocked that someone would tell you to shut up at a football match for singing songs. Last week at motherwell we outsung the home support by miles.

It really depends what happens during the game. If it's particularly dirty or entertaining, you get a good atmosphere. It was neither yesterday though. If the guy was a season ticket holder, sitting so close to G and expecting no noise is quite frankly bizarre.

Does that big bloke with the heavy south coast accent still stand up the back of G? Andy I think.

The crowd feed off the team - fast free flowing football with shots on target and the team showing controlled aggressive football gets the fans involved!

Sideways passing and slowing down the game, as happened yesterday and against ******* will never motivate the crowd!

Exciting Football = Excited Fans......

How, in the name of the wee monkey, did we make so much noise in the 70's then?

Bleeding post-modernism is screwing up football along with everything else!

If old Adolph turned up at the Channel tomorrow, this generation would be fighting among themselves to wave the white flag!

Gregory House M.D.

the opposition our songs died out half way through Aberdeen were noiser imo till they went behind :verymad:

:unsure:

You hear so much about the "Tynecastle Atmosphere" and section G and section N, and yesterday the atmosphere was an absolute embarrasment. Me and my cousin were told to "sit down and shut up or get out" by a fellow supporter just for trying to get the crowd behind the team. There was nothing sectarian and nothing abusive we sang general hearts songs for the entire 90 minutes and were looked at as if we were singing through a minute silence.

One lad came up at half time and at the end and said "good effort lads, you were the 12th man", but the rest of the support looked disgusted.

Whats happened to the atmosphere and passion??

3 guys sitting a few rows in front of me all wearing heatrts tops singing non stop where brillant ......and where enjoying thenselves ..good on them ,, looked pretty oiled thou.. respect... might have been you

Tynie is also a symptom of the modern phenomenon that fans at football should 'come in, sit down, shut up, watch, then go home'. This is what the police and stewards strive for and it works.

Not often i agree with you but i do here. I watched a bit of the Newcastle-Arsenal game and there was very little atmosphere for a 50 odd thousand crowd. Newcastle fans used to burst at the seams in big matches......

I think football in general is suffering really though. Anfield, TOD, The Emirates....if it isn`t a real signficant game there isn`t any real buzz about the crowds.

Tynecastle is just the same. I think away days at Easter Road is only time you get a taste of what Jam Tarts used to be like quite often 20-30 years ago(or finals).

3 guys sitting a few rows in front of me all wearing heatrts tops singing non stop where brillant ......and where enjoying thenselves ..good on them ,, looked pretty oiled thou.. respect... might have been you

yeh it would have been mate we sang for 90 minutes, and yeah we were in the pub from 11 ! :teehee:

Arthur Morgan

yeh it would have been mate we sang for 90 minutes, and yeah we were in the pub from 11 ! :teehee:

Yeah, I seen & heard you too. I sit in Row 7 of G. The singing sounded terrible though because you were hammered :lol:

Credit to you though, at least you were having a good time and trying to create a bit of atmosphere.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you haven't got a clue what post-modernism is, do you?

Hang on tight!

It's not so much the philosophy, which is like every other fad and will eventually disappear up its own plug hole, as the virulent effect it anyway has on attitudes and standards, decision making and life choices. At least with modernism there were a some parameters for debate based on more than what "I" feel is right or wrong! And really, I suppose we're into post-post modernism, because that kack couldn't have lasted for long anyway!!!

To be fair mate I have my season ticket at the back of G, row 28 and I could hear you and your mate(s) singing the whole game, fair play!

Probably no one sang along because you were absolutely wrecked, your singing was off tune and your clapping was out of sync.

Well done for not singing Hello Hello the whole game though. When this is sung though like it was at Motherwell last week by a small minority, it quickly dies out which is how it should be; this was the case yesterday.

Next time come up the back of G, don't be too pissed and people will sing along :thumbsup:

Archived