dazajmbo

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Punks No Deid

Wattie Buchan, The Exploited.

:thumbsup: seen the main man many a time at Tynie :rolleyes:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

David Tanner of sky sports. Couple years ago he wa at tynie summarising the match and Laurence Brodie said on HW that he was a jambo

a safe pair of sells

Commander Montgomerie Scott , Chief Engineer aboard NCC1701 USS Enterprise!

In the case of U2, three albums, a lot of faith from Chris Blackwell, the best manager in the history of rock and incredible song writing talent.

In today's business, no one would have the patience. Hence we have the dominance of X-Factor and heritage acts.

Breakthrough bands are at an all time low now - and the term breakthrough officially means 100,000+ sales.

Ten years ago, you would of been dropped for doing "only" 100,000. Sign of the times indeed.

With Frabbit - they already have broken through in the US, they owned SXSW in Austin!

Deodato

Saw them at Williamsburg Music Hall a couple of weeks back and it was close to a sell-out. I'm surprised they don't get more radio time in the UK.

Havent a clue about Hendry but Ronnie Corbett mentions in a tv documentry that he went to see hearts as a kid and on occasion when he visits scotland has a house in east lothian (isnt he 80 or something now ) cant see what benifit he would have making that up .

He is also a regular at Selhurst park for Crystal palace which given his long time living south is more his team now i would imagine .

Most kids used to get lifted over the turnstile but Ronnie could walk under it. :lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Commander Montgomerie Scott , Chief Engineer aboard NCC1701 USS Enterprise!

Good to know the famous will still be around in a few thousand years :thumbsup: Scottie will be able to sing: Youv'e no one the big cup for ten thousand years :whistling:

So who are you then? Do I know you?

You sure do, there ain't a lot of Jambos in/from Selkirk, all the under achievers support the old filth.

You sure do, there ain't a lot of Jambos in/from Selkirk, all the under achievers support the old filth.

You're right there.

So I know you. A Jambo postie. I'll need a clue.

Jimmy K?

Selkirk/Gala those borders towns all roll into one in my head

If you said that in those borders towns, your head would roll across the English border.

Especially Hawick and Gala - those folks don't mix.

Finlay Calder and John Jeffrey from the Scotland rugby team that beat Ingerlaand in 1990

You can land grab all the Calders who played for Scotland with confidence.

And, add to that Gavin Hastings.

Stew Mel is all Jambo.

SRU is pretty much Jambo.

We are the team.

We are the people.

/

Aye martin geisler goes to a lot of the games.I had my season ticket right in front of him and his mates for a few years before i came out to spain.

Where in Alicante are you> My wife is from a village behind the hills of Benidorm (although a million miles from Benidorm, culturally). It's good down there. Love the culture and life style - eat, drink, siesta and start all over again. I got lucky with my in-laws, unlike Top Cat - sorry bro.

There is a Scottish guy who does the morning phone in on Talk Radio over there called Steve Gilmore. He's a Celtic fan but I think he's worked in Edinburgh a LOT as he was at S&N - his accent makes you homesick and he's actually a top radio presenter. Very skilled at interviewing guests. Maybe some folks here know him.

Deotino.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

If you look in the 'thank you' section of Frightened Rabbit's first album, the drummer thanks H.E.A.R.T.S

:thumbsup: seen the main man many a time at Tynie :rolleyes:

wattie had the hearts wristband on at the blackpool gig last weekend :thumbsup:

Patrick Bateman

Her majesty the queen.

I've heard she's a hun. If the glove fits... :ninja:

wattie had the hearts wristband on at the blackpool gig last weekend :thumbsup:

I knew you'd be there. :thumbsup:

The legend that is Mark E Smith (The Fall).

Man City and Hearts. Stayed in The Capital and urge everyone to listen to Edinburgh Man (from Shiftwork) which says it all. Class aahh.

We are The Fall and we are from the first world ahh

Eric Milligan and David McLetchie.

:thumbsup:

I was going to add...if you include polititians, so as well as Ex Lord Provost Eric Miligan and Ex Scottish tory leader David McLetchie MSP there are a couple of new MSP's who are Jambos. Colin Keir, Edinburgh Western and John Finnie, Highlands. Plus Deputy leader of Edinburgh council Steve Cardownie is a season ticket holder and there are a few councillors who are Jambos.

Hendry is a Hearts fan ffs(not having a pop at you mate) maybe he doesn`t frequent Tynie these days but its been well documented for years where his allegiance lies.

Some folk must have been locked up in Josef Fritzl`s basement not to know!

He goes tae Ibrox.

Hows it going Jimmy? No seen you for a while.

Do you know who I am? :whistling:

There is a little known Spanish/German band based in Berlin called Frogcircus, the lead singer Stone lived in Edinburgh in 1998 when his then girlfriend, now wife, studied at Heriot Watt, he was converted in the year he lived in the toon (year we won the cup), and even has a song titled Gorgie Rd on the Allergic album from 2005. So not so famous but another for the list.

He is also a member of Stockholm Hearts, as is.... Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and her husband Daniel (honorary members and never been to a match but who's counting)

http://www.youtube.com/user/frogcircus#p/u/22/7onBw9BpRsU

Cold room without heat

Scottish winter froze your feet

First snow so take care

Christmas trees and icy air

And catch the bus

To Gorgie Road

Sleep for a while

And dream my life away

And dream my life away

In Gorgie Road I spent my time

Dreaming my life away

Tried hard, got bleached

Orange freak at the university

Rose Street at dusk

Busking loud and getting a cold arse

And catch the bus

To Gorgie Road

Sleep for a while

And dream my life away

And dream my life away

Dreaming my life away

Highlands, raw meat

Had my share of therapy

And catch the bus

To Gorgie Road

Sleep for a while

And dream my life away

And dream my life away

Dreaming my life away

Spot on mate. :thumbsup:

Where are you these days?

Buckstone Hearts

Did we not have one of the Wurzels at Tynecastle not that long ago?

I believe one of them is from Penicuik and indeed a Hearts fan, like most of the good folk from the 'cuik!

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

It's not all of Frightened Rabbit that are Hearts fans. A mate asked Scott Hutchinson if he was a Hearts fan at Brewdog a few weeks back and he laughed and said no. Clearly just the drummer?

Stephen Hendry, Chris Hoy, Graeme Souness, Sean Connery.

According to wikipedia.

He presently supports Rangers FC having previously been a Celtic FC fan. Commenting on his change of allegiance, Connery stated "I've always supported the team I thought played the best soccer...religious affiliations in sport mean nothing to me."

I thought he was always a jambo. Wikipedia can be wrong with alot of things though.

Still what an arsehole of a statement that is, basically Sir Sean you ain't a fan of any football team.

According to wikipedia.

He presently supports Rangers FC having previously been a Celtic FC fan. Commenting on his change of allegiance, Connery stated "I've always supported the team I thought played the best soccer...religious affiliations in sport mean nothing to me."

I thought he was always a jambo. Wikipedia can be wrong with alot of things though.

Still what an arsehole of a statement that is, basically Sir Sean you ain't a fan of any football team.

Guy is an idiot,will support whoever is giving him hospitality

Ken Buchannan Scotlands best ever boxer is a hearts fan,

He's a Hibs fan mate.. See him alot behind the goals before the games.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

It's not all of Frightened Rabbit that are Hearts fans. A mate asked Scott Hutchinson if he was a Hearts fan at Brewdog a few weeks back and he laughed and said no. Clearly just the drummer?

I don't think he likes sports in general.

The guitarist/bassist Billy is a Jambo. Don't think the other two are bothered.

Archived