watch the spurs game in new york/bermuda

twjambo

am traveling from next week. any new york/bermuda based jambos able to reccomend where to watch the spurs game. new york for home game. bermuda for away game.

Ecce Romanov

am traveling from next week. any new york/bermuda based jambos able to reccomend where to watch the spurs game. new york for home game. bermuda for away game.

See bar advisor thread in important topics

alwaysthereinspirit

Just got back from Bermuda 2 weeks ago.

The Frog and Onion or the Somerset County will be showing the game. Not so sure about the exact name of the Somerset.

NewYorkJambo

I live in New York and so far, I've been unable to find a bar definitely showing it.

Through a friend here who is a Spurs fan I have met some of the NYC Spurs supporters club and they have forum - just google NYC Spurs. They HOPE a bar called Perdition may have it.

Nevada Smith's in NYC may also show it but the spurs lads don't go there (unless it's the only place showing it) as it's an arsenal bar a lot of the time. So if perdition shows it I'll be there and would appreciate a few more Jambos to balance out the support a bit!

And Marty - as the game is during the day you would get into a bar to watch it. Just don't try and order a pint. If they throw you out - and they likely would - it's not like you can just walk into another bar and show it as few will be showing it. And I assume seeing the game will be more important than a pint!

Im in New york for the Home leg, shame i am only 20 :(

Go to any irish bar. Tell the barman you are from ireland, no need to affect any accent. Order a pint and act dumb when told about drinking age.

It'll work.

Sonesta Beach Resort/Pompana Beach Club

NewYorkJambo

FYI - anyone in New York

The game will be shown at Perdition 692 10th Ave (Between 48th Street and 49th Street).

So far, this is the ONLY place in the city showing it. The NYC Spurs supporters club have invited us to join them there to watch it.

I reckon there will be about 10-12 Spurs fans and me and one Jambo mate. So if you are in the city and want to watch it, please make an effort to come along and balance things out a bit!

FYI - anyone in New York

The game will be shown at Perdition 692 10th Ave (Between 48th Street and 49th Street).

So far, this is the ONLY place in the city showing it. The NYC Spurs supporters club have invited us to join them there to watch it.

I reckon there will be about 10-12 Spurs fans and me and one Jambo mate. So if you are in the city and want to watch it, please make an effort to come along and balance things out a bit!

What channel is it on?

NewYorkJambo

What channel is it on?

It doesn't look like it's on any channel at the moment - hence no other bar showing it.

NYC Spurs are streaming it onto big screens. Similar to what Nevada Smiths does for certain Scotland games.

gorgieroad85

Jambo in PA here...was in Bermuda for the Arse/Birmingham Cup final at Robin Hood in Hamilton and it was packed (and a big fight broke out between two sets of Arsenal supporters which started when one group angrily yelled how upset they were...because they were the most loyal Arsenal supporters in Bermuda...which upset the other angry group of greetin' Gooners). Anyway, give Robin Hood a shout when you get there.

And if not on TV...always on the net. Try:

http://atdhe.tv/

Some pubs in NYC have been known to risk streaming net feeds.

FYI - anyone in New York

Oooft - sounds like a job for JKB BarAdvisor !

Spent a month in Bermuda in 1971 - my brother worked there at the time - and the Frog and Onion rings a bell ... crikey!

FYI - anyone in New York

Just seen this - should be along if I can get the afternoon off. thumbsup.gif

NewYorkJambo

Just seen this - should be along if I can get the afternoon off. thumbsup.gif

I'll post on this thread the day before or day of the game with the latest update from the NYC Spurs lads. Although if you google NYC Spurs you will find the info as well.

As for "getting time off". Don't you have a doctor's appointment at 2.30 on Thursday? :whistling:

It doesn't look like it's on any channel at the moment - hence no other bar showing it.

NYC Spurs are streaming it onto big screens. Similar to what Nevada Smiths does for certain Scotland games.

Im currently staying in the Roosvelt Hotel on 45th st. I am definately going to make the effort to come along. I will be on my own though :thumbsup:

I'll post on this thread the day before or day of the game with the latest update from the NYC Spurs lads. Although if you google NYC Spurs you will find the info as well.

As for "getting time off". Don't you have a doctor's appointment at 2.30 on Thursday? :whistling:

*Googles arm break scene in Escape to Victory. Fails to find it*.

I'm away in Cyprus (paphos) for the 2nd leg.. Will be trekking the family round all the bars to see which one will show it... Happy days eh

Tried to put the Bermuda pub on the JKB BarAdvisor but the Bermudian postcode system does not compute with BatchGeo mapping ... 1st failure ...

Im in New york for the Home leg, shame i am only 20 :(

You should be alright,had plenty nights out in NYC when i was even younger than you,never had a problem(Though iam 6'3 and always have heavy stubble). Irish bars are the best to get away with it,if you are unsure get someone else to go up to the bar.

Archived