2 or 3 new signings

Swanny17

Jamboscanbevicius

Haven't seen this but on the face of it Caneira would be a good signing. Tons of top level experience and can play anywhere across the back 4.

Not keen on Maniche but you've got to think he could stroll the SPL. Pedro Mendes is a player I always liked - would defnitely improve us through the middle.

I don't want to see a huge influx though - it will hinder the development of some talented youngsters (Robinson, Prychenko, Holt, McGowan, Smith, Novikovas)

2 or 3 experienced players who can play Sergio's way and teach the young lads how to play rather than just scrap would be ideal... cautiously optimistic to see what transpires in the next couple of weeks!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caneira would be a cracking signing. He also played against us when he was at Bordeaux.

Would have been in contention for a Portugal NT spot but Coentrao has now very much made that position his own.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Sunday Mail (so it must be right) were recently linking us with Marco Caniero who is a CD or FB and I think still unattached after expiry of his Sporting contract. At 5ft 10in he seems a bit small for a CD.

• DarrenBarr_2508667.jpg
    <( OI!! )

• DarrenBarr_2508667.jpg
    <( OI!! )

I am not really worried by a lack of height - only when the opposition bombard us with high balls.

Walter Bishop

Wonder who's cupping the baws while speccy works the shaft :interesting:

Just a thought......._47139555_craig_thomson_poster.jpg:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Caneira would be a cracking signing. He also played against us when he was at Bordeaux.

Would have been in contention for a Portugal NT spot but Coentrao has now very much made that position his own.

Would arguably have the best pedigree of any player to sign for us since Janny.

He's not gay now too is he? :blink:

no, just a little 'career insecure' right now.

baw handling might be acceptable at the mo... plus it keep him of the net.

Walter Bishop

no, just a little 'career insecure' right now.

baw handling might be acceptable at the mo... plus it keep him of the net.

:rofl: :rofl:

Haven't seen this but on the face of it Caneira would be a good signing. Tons of top level experience and can play anywhere across the back 4.

Not keen on Maniche but you've got to think he could stroll the SPL. Pedro Mendes is a player I always liked - would defnitely improve us through the middle.

I don't want to see a huge influx though - it will hinder the development of some talented youngsters (Robinson, Prychenko, Holt, McGowan, Smith, Novikovas)

2 or 3 experienced players who can play Sergio's way and teach the young lads how to play rather than just scrap would be ideal... cautiously optimistic to see what transpires in the next couple of weeks!

Totally agree. Not sure why there is so much doom and gloom tbh. We have a decent core of players - getting them all fit at one time is a problem though - and all we need to add is a ball playing CH, a midfield playmaker and perhaps another forward with a bit of pace. However it is important we leave space for younger players to come through. I also hope we get rid of a few - I would move on Barr, Mrowiec, Obua, Glenn and Stephen Elliott (and Calum when he gets fit) as we still have a bit too much quantity over quality.

We badly need players with quality and experience in the centre of midfield and the centre of defence.

We need guys who can walk into the first team and hit the ground running as we're struggling terribly for quality at the moment.

I can't believe JJ and BB never addressed these issues as a priority given our awful form at the end of last season. Maybe if they had, they'd still be in a job.

Totally agree. Not sure why there is so much doom and gloom tbh. We have a decent core of players - getting them all fit at one time is a problem though - and all we need to add is a ball playing CH, a midfield playmaker and perhaps another forward with a bit of pace. However it is important we leave space for younger players to come through. I also hope we get rid of a few - I would move on Barr, Mrowiec, Obua, Glenn and Stephen Elliott (and Calum when he gets fit) as we still have a bit too much quantity over quality.

Other than a few shocking misses in the Dundee United game, why have people gone off S Elliott so quickly? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHow8Vf082A&feature=player_detailpage

From 2:45 if you don't want to see that goal again. But why wouldn't you?

Hawick Jambo

3 quality players - a decent defender, creative midfielder and someone who can score goals and we'll challenge for the league.

Like others have said we do need to move on some players who have tried but failed to leave some room for the youngsters to get a chance. The likes of Barr, Calum E etc

The Sunday Mail (so it must be right) were recently linking us with Marco Caniero who is a CD or FB and I think still unattached after expiry of his Sporting contract. At 5ft 10in he seems a bit small for a CD.

Hope this is true. would be just what we need. If Davie Weir can play till he is 40 we've still got years left in this guy for the SPL.

Sporting_Marco_Caneira_200609121633399370_afp.jpg

Bordeux, Valencia, Sporting CP... Heart of Midlothian. You know it makes sense.

Hearts of Vladland

Hope this is true. would be just what we need. If Davie Weir can play till he is 40 we've still got years left in this guy for the SPL.

Sporting_Marco_Caneira_200609121633399370_afp.jpg

Bordeux, Valencia, Sporting CP... Heart of Midlothian. You know it makes sense.

Inter, Sporting CP...

:pinilla:

Hearts of Vladland

... mere feeder clubs for the mighty Heart of Midlothian.

0,,10289~2713370,00.jpg

Le Juge agrees.

Mad Dog Frazer

WTF is the blurred out focus thing pointing at camera in the gloved hand?

hopefully someone holding a club about to batter vlad all over the place

Tommy Wiseau

hopefully someone holding a club about to batter vlad all over the place

So you condone physical violence against elderly men, now, eh?

I think I preferred you when you were picking fights with 19 year olds. <_<

Other than a few shocking misses in the Dundee United game, why have people gone off S Elliott so quickly? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHow8Vf082A&feature=player_detailpage

From 2:45 if you don't want to see that goal again. But why wouldn't you?

I think SE is a decent enough player and maybe he just needs a run playing up front with a regular supply but I watched him closely against DU and his movement wasn't that great and for me he lacks a burst of pace which KK and Sutton def don't have.

I am just not convinced by him as a regular starter and given that he will be on a decent wage I feel we could do better and would like to see us sign someone who could pull defences around a bit more. Maybe I am being too harsh on him but scoring against Hibs isn't enough for me.

We will see Mikey back in a hearts shirt next season could be in as early as Tottenham he does score for us in Europe :thumbsup:

I think SE is a decent enough player and maybe he just needs a run playing up front with a regular supply but I watched him closely against DU and his movement wasn't that great and for me he lacks a burst of pace which KK and Sutton def don't have.

I am just not convinced by him as a regular starter and given that he will be on a decent wage I feel we could do better and would like to see us sign someone who could pull defences around a bit more. Maybe I am being too harsh on him but scoring against Hibs isn't enough for me.

It depends on what we want. SE seems to be a penalty box player. He looks like he has good technique and with a bit of confidence and a run playing as a genuine centre forward I think he will do very well for us. I think he was signed to get on the knock downs that Kyle would create and I'm sure he would do well off that were Kyle back in the team.

The issue might be playing him alongside Sutton. Sutton looks like he needs a pacey player willing to overlap and hang on the last shoulder. Sutton appears better with ball to feet bringing in other people. We don't really have that pacey striker (unless G Smith fits the bill?).

It depends on what we want. SE seems to be a penalty box player. He looks like he has good technique and with a bit of confidence and a run playing as a genuine centre forward I think he will do very well for us. I think he was signed to get on the knock downs that Kyle would create and I'm sure he would do well off that were Kyle back in the team.

The issue might be playing him alongside Sutton. Sutton looks like he needs a pacey player willing to overlap and hang on the last shoulder. Sutton appears better with ball to feet bringing in other people. We don't really have that pacey striker (unless G Smith fits the bill?).

The big thing is, we haven`t knitted together yet. But that seems weird to me given most of the squad are the same from last season.

It`s also about service. The wingers need to be more forceful and in turn they need a better midfield up their erse...so to speak.

Alot happens in 90 minutes, sometimes the forwards need to do a bit donkey work outside the area but ours do too much imo...i want to see them lurking in and around the box more and this requires the players around them to produce better play.

The big thing is, we haven`t knitted together yet. But that seems weird to me given most of the squad are the same from last season.

It`s also about service. The wingers need to be more forceful and in turn they need a better midfield up their erse...so to speak.

Alot happens in 90 minutes, sometimes the forwards need to do a bit donkey work outside the area but ours do too much imo...i want to see them lurking in and around the box more and this requires the players around them to produce better play.

Completely agree DB4. I really hope Sergio is telling our wingers to HIT THE ******* BYLINE once in a while. I've been telling them this since Burley left, but they don't seem to listen. We scored a lot of our goals from cutbacks that season. Not really happened since. We need to stop playing our wingers on the wrong side and hoping they will score.

Clerry Jambo

Completely agree DB4. I really hope Sergio is telling our wingers to HIT THE ******* BYLINE once in a while. I've been telling them this since Burley left, but they don't seem to listen. We scored a lot of our goals from cutbacks that season. Not really happened since. We need to stop playing our wingers on the wrong side and hoping they will score.

You know fitba is an easy gemme and the bit you highlight is spot on

When I was a flying winger beating full backs for fun, many many years ago, it was drummed into you about getting to that byeline, as it's the hardest ball for a defender to defend. You wonder what they coach nowadays :P

Sick o watching balls lumped into the box for the goalie to easily come and collect :angry:

Drylaw Hearts

Why not? VR's already brought back Skacel & Webster, we've had talks with Stewart so why not Karipidis & Aguiar as well? :)

I'm sure they would suit the new managers preferred playing style and they already familiar with Hearts & the SPL - why take risks on new foreign players having to adapt and settling in? These guys could hit the ground running! :thumbsup:

But what about the youth players CB ?

:rolleyes:

Gregory House M.D.

Kello

Caniero Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Driver NEW SIGNING Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton NEW SIGNING

I leave the rest to The Suave One.

Were you not just telling me a wee while ago on another thread the exact opposite of your last sentence?

Hawick Jambo

I think a lot of the recent posters on here are spot on, we need our wingers to get to the by line to get balls across and to an extent we need our forwards to poach a bit more. For one, I think Suttton is trying to hard to impress. Get balls flying into him and he will score a barrowload.

Anyone remember the old, old days of JC hitting the by line for a ball over to Robbo for a tap in, or a great cross to the likes of Sandy Clark

Kello

Skacel

Sutton NEW SIGNING

jesting??Tackling no longer allowed in midfield and shoulder height limit?

Were you not just telling me a wee while ago on another thread the exact opposite of your last sentence?

Not recapped but off the top of my head i said i didn`t rate MS? My last sentence on my previous post suggests we need our midfield to be better and provide far more chances more often for our forwards so they aren`t doing all their work outside the box.

So i don`t know what you are getting at?

Gregory House M.D.

jesting??Tackling no longer allowed in midfield and shoulder height limit?

Novikovas and Driver are playing on the wings.

Gregory House M.D.

Better hope the new guy is really shit hot then!rolleyes.gif

Playing 2 CDM's is ridiculous against the shite we play. 1 CDM and 1 CAM will do.

Kello

Skacel

Sutton NEW SIGNING

2 wingers, 2 strikers and Rudi Skacel?

No chance.

Gregory House M.D.

2 wingers, 2 strikers and Rudi Skacel?

No chance.

We'd tear teams apart and entertain... Don't see the problem.

We'd tear teams apart and entertain... Don't see the problem.

The problem is we'd get overrun in midfield and all the attacking players you've mentioned would be no more than passengers.

Gregory House M.D.

The problem is we'd get overrun in midfield and all the attacking players you've mentioned would be no more than passengers.

Okay, Okay, This then:

Kello

NEW SIGNING Mroweic NEW SIGNING

Driver Skacel Novikovas

Drylaw Hearts

Okay, Okay, This then:

Kello

Driver Skacel Novikovas

A team with no strikers ?

Good one.

Okay, Okay, This then:

Kello

Driver Skacel Novikovas

Rudi at centre forward?

Drylaw Hearts

HGW after the Scotland job

He's daft.

He doesn't want to play 2 CDM'ers against the poorer teams but he'll quite happily play them with no natural strikers.

:blink:

Malcolm Tucker

Okay, Okay, This then:

Kello

Driver Skacel Novikovas

Sare yin Temps.

And centre forwards.

And all the fans.

Gregory House M.D.

Rudi as Striker yes. He scores poachers goals, can score from anywhere, he's more mobile than KK & Sutton.

I'm surprised at peoples surprise at Templeton's non-inclusion.

Archived