La Liga Strike

Gregory House M.D.

Gregory House M.D.

Players in La Liga are taking strike action in a mass wage dispute. 80% of players in the first and second tier have been paid late and haven't received their bonuses from last season.

Players in La Liga are taking strike action in a mass wage dispute. 80% of players in the first and second tier have been paid late and haven't received their bonuses from last season.

F***** hell do you ever sleep! :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

F***** hell do you ever sleep! :lol:

:lol: I fell asleep at 5 yesterday and woke up at 2!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I blame 'Mad Vlad'... He must have something to do with this. :angry:

80% is a hell of a lot of football players at a hell of a lot of different clubs. Is it a problem with the banks in Spain?

Seems the problem is not restricted to one or two clubs, which suggest its not the actual clubs who are in the wrong on this?

Gregory House M.D.

80% is a hell of a lot of football players at a hell of a lot of different clubs. Is it a problem with the banks in Spain?

Seems the problem is not restricted to one or two clubs, which suggest its not the actual clubs who are in the wrong on this?

It's the Clubs GA, according to players representative, They've been dodging the subject for a few years. Spanish Football was hit hard during the recession.

The thing that was odd was that Real Madrids Spanish players were at the conference. Aren't Madrid state-owned?

It's the Clubs GA, according to players representative, They've been dodging the subject for a few years. Spanish Football was hit hard during the recession.

The thing that was odd was that Real Madrids Spanish players were at the conference. Aren't Madrid state-owned?

Not quite sure of the in's and out's of how Madrid is owned tbh.

Spain had something over playing in England due (I think) to its lower tax rates on players wages, if this is not cleared up, it could possibly sway players away from plying their trade in Spain.

Was it not Italy a season or so back who threatened to go on striker? Or did it for a couple of games?

Small signs that football may be about to take a reality check on wages they are paying.

I blame 'Mad Vlad'... He must have something to do with this. :angry:

Has to be and, while we're at it, why has Vlad not paid Rangers' tax bill?

It's all his fault, I tell you!!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Spain's ecconomy taking a hit would surely effect a 'state-run clubs'. Is this true about Real though? I know very little about Real and Spain but... Were they not originally state run in the days of Franco but now are only ... Er... 'Favoured' when it comes to land deals, borrowing and official state or government assistance? Like the OF in this country.

itsnomarooned

Spain had something over playing in England due (I think) to its lower tax rates on players wages, if this is not cleared up, it could possibly sway players away from plying their trade in Spain.

Was it not Italy a season or so back who threatened to go on striker? Or did it for a couple of games?

Small signs that football may be about to take a reality check on wages they are paying.

.......... or perhaps not!

Gregory House M.D.

I'll give it a look up. I think that most leagues will be forced to lower wages soon. The recession may turn out to be good for football if all leagues are forced into re-thinking the ludicrous wages. Then again, England would just carry on regardless.

Gregory House M.D.

Real Madrid are owned by The Real Madrid Operating Company, which is a supporter owned, not-for-profit company. Excuse my talking pish :lol: they're only "favoured" these days.

Archived