Two Travel Tips for White Hart Lane

Deodato

You think its embarrassing that Arsenal have made the CL 15 times and Spurs have made it just once?

:lol:

Not at all. You are never going to win it so i couldn't care less.

Don't put those dusters away just yet fellas.

I thought this was a Hearts site.

Didn't realise it was a haven for closet Goons.

Learn something new everyday.

I always thought you preferred Everton for some reason :unsure:

Anyway, leave poor Alfie alone you lot, he's been top notch with us since the draw, bloody bullies :D

I am a Toffee.

I'm just winding Alfie up.

All good fun.

:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I thought this was a Hearts site.

Didn't realise it was a haven for closet Goons.

Learn something new everyday.

It's not, there are a few however as there are a few followers of other English sides too. Personally I'm a long suffering Liverpool sympathiser for my sins, it's no fun having two shit teams to follow lately :lol:

The Old Tolbooth

I am a Toffee.

All good fun.

Thank feck for that mate, I thought I was losing my marbles for a minute there :wacko:

(ya wee shite!) :D

I am a Toffee.

All good fun.

To be fair mate, i enjoy a good bit of banter.

Loads of Goons where i work so it is pretty much relentless back and forth.

I am a Toffee.

All good fun.

Ah! - one of the Mickey Mousers who got this weekend's game against Spurs postponed, after refusing to go down to Tottenham.....

.....'cause all the decent stuff had already been nicked..!

:whistling:

Francis Albert

It's way, way longer.

I walked it for an Everton / Spurs game a couple of years ago and I walk fast and it took me 30 or 40 minutes each way.

I can walk from Haymarket to Tynecastle in 10 or 15 minutes.

It's that spring in your step as you head for Tynie!

But you are probably right - more like the West End or Mound to Tynecastle. Still walkable, with the bonus now of some riot wreckage tourism on the way. .

Going off topic (since the thread already has) it always amazes me to see fit youngsters (in trainers) waiting for a bus for Tynecastle at Haymarket or even closer. Last time there was a bunch getting on a No 1 at the western end of Strevenson Road, which is all of ten minutes stroll away.

Anybody who supports Hearts and Arsenal must be too young to remember black and white TV. Surely no Hearts fan who first saw Arsenal on black and white TV would support a team that wore dark shirts with white sleeves?

Got to laugh at a Hearts fan having a pop at a Yid for not being as successful as the Woolwich Wanderers.

I should just pretend i am Rangers or Celtic & do the same back :lol:

Matthew Le Tissier

Redknob is a dirty bassa with a twitch. Anyone have any idea what time kick off is for the two games?

Nice one man, that's really heartening to hear. We didn't really have that experience, unfortunately :(

Having a bottle lobbed at my head even after they won didnt really make me feeling like bonding with them.

Redknob is a dirty bassa with a twitch. Anyone have any idea what time kick off is for the two games?

I believe our ticket office has stated 19.45 at Tynecastle. Spurs e-tickets page states 20.00 for WHL. Happy if these are correct. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Anybody who supports Hearts and Arsenal must be too young to remember black and white TV. Surely no Hearts fan who first saw Arsenal on black and white TV would support a team that wore dark shirts with white sleeves?

Strangely, that is exactly the reason I used to go to WHL and (sort of) support Spurs when I first moved to London decades ago.

Well maybe also the Dave Mackay connection.

Nice one man, that's really heartening to hear. We didn't really have that experience, unfortunately :(

I can't recall meeting any of them?

Basel fans were so nice... got a bit of trouble in Zurich..... a lot of verbal abuse and an elderly "gent" hit my 11 year old nephew as he was wearing the Basel strip.Croatian's were also fantastic.... and we were in the BBB HQ. So now have a hatred for Zurich.

Seven Sisters to WHL is about the same as Haymarket to Tynecastle.

More like West End (Frasers corner) to Tynecastle. Fecking slog when you are tight for time on mid week matches.

chester copperpot

we beat Arsenal 3-2 at Tynecastle with Walter Kidd scoring a raker.

For our spurs fans out there. :thumbsup:

imagine trying to move you stadium 15 miles away from your home

It's hard to fault them for wanting to move away from Tottenham, harder still after recent events. Stratford would be a huge move upmarket

Arsenal of course famously moved to Highbury in 1913 having previously been formed in Woolwich (which wasn't even part of London at the time)

this kind of invalidates your other following point

imagine being in the shadows of your rivals since time began

It's hard to fault them for wanting to move away from Tottenham, harder still after recent events. Stratford would be a huge move upmarket

Arsenal of course famously moved to Highbury in 1913 having previously been formed in Woolwich (which wasn't even part of London at the time)

this kind of invalidates your other following point

I couldn't really be bothered to shoot down all of the Goons carefully worked out 'insults' that cut me to the quick :lol:

But, 1, it is 5 miles (but no old school Yids want it anyway) & 2) coming from a Woolwich Wander - POT/KETTLE

& YID ARMY is infinitely better than 'The Herd' which i can only think is Cockney Rhyming slang..... :lol:

scott herbertson

Just to show what a nerd I am I checked on gopoglemap and the distance from seven sisters to the match is 1.5 miles - brisk walking pace is 4 miles per hour, 3 miles an hour is average 2 miles an hour is pished and 1 mile an hour is reekin

So do a breathalyser as you come out of the tube and you should be able to do it in between 20 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes

Hail a black cab , Job done

End of thread

Correct :thumbsup: All this nannying about on tube trains is doing my head in :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Correct :thumbsup: All this nannying about on tube trains is doing my head in :thumbsup:

In rush hour traffic (and rush hour is from about 3 till 8) you'll waste at least half an hour of good drinking time in a cab vs the tube.

How many loyalty points do I need to get the train from Liverpool St to White Hart Lane?

Err.... come again?

portobellojambo1

BTW

Before you get to cosy with the vermin their Jock 'affiliation' is Celtic (due to Charlie Nicholas/Irish players etc)

So make your own minds up.

We''ll happily take drink in their pubs, and then knock feck out them when it is time to go to the game. :teehee:

What's the Finsbury Park area like drink wise AC, I realise it is possibly a bit close to Arsenal land, but a drink is a drink, wherever one may be, it all comes back out a few hours later as piss.

Sorry Alfie, a wee joke, after the last few days my whole life revolves around HMFC loyalty points!

:down:

I am SO slow on the uptake today

Its is about ?3.5 return BTW :thumbsup:

We''ll happily take drink in their pubs, and then knock feck out them when it is time to go to the game.

What's the Finsbury Park area like drink wise AC, I realise it is possibly a bit close to Arsenal land, but a drink is a drink, wherever one may be, it all comes back out a few hours later as piss.

To be honest i dont drink much around there but you are never far from a pub in London.

Are we likely to get kept in after the game? And, roughly, how long would it take from WHL to get back to the city centre after the match with the tube queues etc?

Thats what i was thinking about... I want to get back to Kings Cross... I havnt a clue where to go...

I dont want to go to any pubs up that way before of after...

Thats what i was thinking about... I want to get back to Kings Cross... I havnt a clue where to go...

I dont want to go to any pubs up that way before of after...

Does not take long. Under an hour.

Three stops on the Victoria Line from Seven Sisters or 4 from Tottenham Hale.

Just follow the YIDS to WHL - overground is 2 stops to 7 sisters

or to Northumberland Park - overground 1 stop to Tottenham Hale

Having a bottle lobbed at my head even after they won didnt really make me feeling like bonding with them.

A drop short water bottle......bemused :whistling:

We got reekin with a bunch of Panathinaikos fans (one who owned the boozer) until about 4am and sang Takis Fysass and Panathinaikos at every round : ) Was a great night. Worst hangover ever though, left for airport at 5:30am and got home after a fight to Heathrow and train from KX

At the risk of repeating myself

The easiest way to get to WHL is the overground from Liverpool Street station (which is obviously on the tube network)

Trains run regularly to WHL and take 22 mins and is then a 5 min walk.

On match days they also run to Northumberland Park which takes 15 mins and is then a 10 min walk.

As for Seven Sisters being a mere 20 min walk - mate you must have 5 foot long legs!

You will not get into a home pub anywhere in the vicinity of the ground. Most away drink in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street and jump on a train. Its a Wetherspoons so it is open from very early and is cheap.

Like the sound of this.....could be a wee spot of Gorgie in London :thumbsup:

The Shed Floodlight

we beat Arsenal 3-2 at Tynecastle with Walter Kidd scoring a raker.

For our spurs fans out there. :thumbsup:

i was at that match and seem to remember Paul Mariner or Champagne Chaz given the old 'V' sign to the Shed after being abused whole game.

chester copperpot

i was at that match and seem to remember Paul Mariner or Champagne Chaz given the old 'V' sign to the Shed after being abused whole game.

I was just a nipper, but seem to remember thinking how we could win the English Division 1 because we beat the 'Famous' Arsenal.

So it seems that the masses are heading by tube to seven sisters whilst those in the know are nipping to Liverpool st station for the overground to White Hart Lane. Which to do?? :confused::laugh:

Hamilton Hall is the best pub located at Liverpool street.

Ten jump on the train to WHL or Northumberland Park.

COYS

Archived