Two Travel Tips for White Hart Lane

Deodato

Okay, so I'm pasting below the official club website travel directions for reference. BUT, folks who are travelling down should note two things:

1. Taking the tube to Seven Sisters does NOT mean you are close to the ground. If you are cutting it fine, be well aware that the tube station is actually a fairly long walk away from the stadium. I've been before and it's a pain, at least 30 minutes.

2. Not sure if there are Edinburgh- Stanstead flights that work, but from Stanstead to Tottenham Hale is good, and from their into the stadium is not bad. Definitely worth looking into this option. If folks are on a tight time schedule, this might help.

Hope this helps. But to repeat - do NOT think that Seven Sisters means you are next to the stadium.

Also worth noting the next Spurs home game has now been cancelled due to the riots, more on that to follow.

Deodato.

Directions

By Train

White Hart Lane mainline station is four minutes walk from the stadium, which joins the Victoria Line tube service via Seven Sisters.

Northumberland Park mainline station is eight minutes walk from the stadium, which joins the Victoria line tube service at Tottenham Hale station.

There is an excellent bus service from Seven Sisters running past the stadium entrance. Trains run from both Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale to Liverpool Street Station and direct trains take about 20 minutes. A taxi rank is available at Tottenham Hale Station.

By Road

The stadium is located on the A1010 (TottenhamHigh Road) and is one mile south of the A406 (North Circular). You can easily join the A406 from the M25 (junction 25) and the A10. The M25 is 15-20 minutes from the stadium. From the City follow the A10 to Bruce Grove then straight on to the A1010.

By Bus

An extensive bus network operates around the stadium. For information on which bus route is most suitable for you, CLICK HERE.

By Air

Stansted Airport is approx 30 minutes away with direct access by train to Tottenham Hale.

scott herbertson

Done that walk many times and I'd say 20 minutes is fine if you're walking steadily, 30 minutes is pished timing. If you stop off for one of the yummy kebabs (they really are excellent) then make that 45 minutes

If just trying to get to the game quick then Tottenham Hale is definitely the place to alight

Dean Winchester

Tottenham Hale looks about the same distance on the map?

Nice straight road to follow from Seven Sisters and Victoria line will be perfect :thumbsup:

I've always just gone to Seven Sisters and got the bus along to the ground. Walking isn't really a problem though.

Not sure what it is like now but Seven Sisters station could be an interesting place late at night if you were on your own.

Taxi from hotel to stadium about 3pm. Was going to ask about pubs near the ground so might as well bring it up now...whats it like pub wise?

Taxi from hotel to stadium about 3pm. Was going to ask about pubs near the ground so might as well bring it up now...whats it like pub wise?

I've heard its a no no on other threads.

And you are not likely to get in anyway

So they say.

I've heard its a no no on other threads.

And you are not likely to get in anyway

So they say.

Did what I should have done (and what everyone should at times) and googled pubs near WHL.

Came up with this selection, mainly for away fans...

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/tottenham_hotspur/pubs.htm

Anyone that's been before any comments?

Man City fans reckon the only safe pub is the Haringey Irish Centre on Pretoria Road,Irish bit might put some of our fans off.:)

Man City fans reckon the only safe pub is the Haringey Irish Centre on Pretoria Road,Irish bit might put some of our fans off.:)

No me!

Done that walk many times and I'd say 20 minutes is fine if you're walking steadily, 30 minutes is pished timing. If you stop off for one of the yummy kebabs (they really are excellent) then make that 45 minutes

If just trying to get to the game quick then Tottenham Hale is definitely the place to alight

Agree with the Kebabs

But if you get a chance try a Turkish pizza :thumbsup:

At the risk of repeating myself

The easiest way to get to WHL is the overground from Liverpool Street station (which is obviously on the tube network)

Trains run regularly to WHL and take 22 mins and is then a 5 min walk.

On match days they also run to Northumberland Park which takes 15 mins and is then a 10 min walk.

As for Seven Sisters being a mere 20 min walk - mate you must have 5 foot long legs!

You will not get into a home pub anywhere in the vicinity of the ground. Most away drink in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street and jump on a train. Its a Wetherspoons so it is open from very early and is cheap.

scott herbertson

The easiest way to get to WHL is the overground from Liverpool Street station (which is obviously on the tube network)

On match days they also run to Northumberland Park which takes 15 mins and is then a 10 min walk.

As for Seven Sisters being a mere 20 min walk - mate you must have 5 foot long legs!

You will not get into a home pub anywhere in the vicinity of the ground. Most away drink in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street and jump on a train. Its a Wetherspoons so it is open from very early and is cheap.

lol - I go with a very long legged friend and we do push along a bit (usually cause we want to get a couple of drinks in - he is 'known' in obne of the pubs opposite the ground and we can always get in - the one with all the scarves and memorabilia on the ceiling). Agree though that the Hale is best. We go seven sisters because we are in south london and coming in from Surbiton Liverpool Streeet is a pain to get to

LOL I see

That will be the Bricklayers....

I drink in the Bell and Hare because it is the closest one to the ground and the staff look after us. We can always get a drink even when it is five deep at the bar!!

scott herbertson

LOL I see

That will be the Bricklayers....

I drink in the Bell and Hare because it is the closest one to the ground and the staff look after us. We can always get a drink even when it is five deep at the bar!!

Yep Bricklayers it is - service pretty good there too.

Are we likely to get kept in after the game? And, roughly, how long would it take from WHL to get back to the city centre after the match with the tube queues etc?

Sounds like the best option to me, been a while since I jumped of a train full of Jambos and walked straight to a ground.

I assume we'll be able to get drink in the stadium as well ??

On boozers, reprinting this post from another thread.

Arsenal fans will be very welcoming, especially if we pull off a result.

I'll answer that one.

The Lord Palmerston - otherwise known as "The Che", 10 Annette Road, Holloway, London, N7 6ET

Right next to the Emirates, basically. It's run by a Columbian who played the pan pipes on the mound for years, now runs a boozer which sells reasonably prices good lager (as opposed to overpriced shyete lager) and employs only stunning Latina models who wear next to feck all, and is surprisingly popular with Arsenal fans. I wonder why?

You will be in good company there, the Columbian gaffer has the very Latin name "William" and you can regroup with Jambo's after the game too.

Deodato

boabyarsebiscuit

I agree. I've done the trip a couple of times and Liverpool Street overground train to me is the best option. I've also done the walk to Seven Sisters which deffo felt longer than 20 minutes (although it's pretty much a straight line, and you can't really go wrong).

Victor Meldrew

If you get the tube to Seven Sisters, there should be loads of buses up Tottenham High Road to the ground.

One general point is that Tottenham is a complete hole: even before the riots it made Mogadishu look like Cramond. My advice would be to plan to go drinking elsewhere. Islington isn't a bad option: loads of decent bars and then a short hop on the tube from Highbury and Islington to Seven Sisters.

Are we likely to get kept in after the game? And, roughly, how long would it take from WHL to get back to the city centre after the match with the tube queues etc?

They don't usually bother holding away fans back. Does happen on occaison.

Will take easily under an hour to get back to cental London

Sounds like the best option to me, been a while since I jumped of a train full of Jambos and walked straight to a ground.

I assume we'll be able to get drink in the stadium as well ??

They dont sell booze in the grounds at CL games. I really can't remember about Europa games. I would assume not.

If you get the tube to Seven Sisters, there should be loads of buses up Tottenham High Road to the ground.

One general point is that Tottenham is a complete hole: even before the riots it made Mogadishu look like Cramond. My advice would be to plan to go drinking elsewhere. Islington isn't a bad option: loads of decent bars and then a short hop on the tube from Highbury and Islington to Seven Sisters.

Correct.

The People's Chimp

Sounds great. :)

If you are going to lower yourselves to drink with vermin make sure you have plenty of KY jelly with you.

Im told dry is very painful.

Also, it is very hard to get any food that is not crustacean related in that neck of the woods so bring your hampers down.

Lastly, if you get chatting with any Goons, just assume they are called Tarquin or Rupert & are investment bankers from Canary Wharf who have been die hard Goons since as far back as 2006.

***** to a man.

The People's Chimp

If you are going to lower yourselves to drink with vermin make sure you have plenty of KY jelly with you.

Also, it is very hard to get any food that is not crustacean related in that neck of the woods so bring your hampers down.

Lastly, if you get chatting with any Goons, just assume they are called Tarquin or Rupert & are investment bankers from Canary Wharf who have been die hard Goons since as far back as 2006.

***** to a man.

I see where you're coming from, and you spurs boys on here have been full of good info, but if we won't get in any "home pubs" then we have to go somewhere...

BTW

Before you get to cosy with the vermin their Jock 'affiliation' is Celtic (due to Charlie Nicholas/Irish players etc)

So make your own minds up.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

train liverpool st to WHL is best option

for those suggesting getting a taxi, there can be quite a lot of traffic congestion around WHL and its surrounding areas so give yourself good time

***** to a man.

:lol:

I love hearing the put-downs of other teams rivals.

Hibs bore me.

***** to a man.

I will be driving. Where is the best place to park? Will i enter the congestion charge zone?

The People's Chimp

BTW

Before you get to cosy with the vermin their Jock 'affiliation' is Celtic (due to Charlie Nicholas/Irish players etc)

I'm going to be perfectly honest and admit the only thing that interested me about the above suggestion was the fact it was staffed by a bevvy of stunning latinas!

BTW

Never liked Arseyawn, the fact they have an affiliation with Nicholarse let alone one of the Grim brothers is more than enough to put me off them.

boabyarsebiscuit

I prefer to make friends of our European opposition than enemies to be fair. Bordeaux closed their main street for Hearts fans to march en-masse to the game, and we drank long into the night with the Basel supporters after beating them in Switzerland. AEK Athens fans weren't really the cuddly type to be fair....

We had a brilliant time with the AEK fans. Seriously, no hassle at all. As long as everyone agreed Olympiacos were scum, they were fine.

I will be driving. Where is the best place to park? Will i enter the congestion charge zone?

Make sure your fire and theft insurance is up to date !!

You've taken me to that pub and I've seen the so called "Stunning Latina models who wear next to feck all, "

I'm not disputing that they're stunning but they're far too short to be models, more like (ahem) "dancers" if you ask me

CGZ is just the very centre of the city. If you're just driving as far as Tottenham you'll go nowhere near it.

Cheers. Do you know if there is good parking around the stadium?

boabyarsebiscuit

Cheers. Do you know if there is good parking around the stadium?

Yes - just park in the Broadwater Farm estate and walk to the ground. (!)

Seriously, if you are driving straight home after the game, you might want to consider parking at a station further North (say Enfield) for a quick getaway back up the road.

Seven Sisters to WHL is about the same as Haymarket to Tynecastle.

It's way, way longer.

I walked it for an Everton / Spurs game a couple of years ago and I walk fast and it took me 30 or 40 minutes each way.

I can walk from Haymarket to Tynecastle in 10 or 15 minutes.

The Old Tolbooth

***** to a man.

Loving it!!

I certainly won't be mixing with the enemy, that's for sure! Spurs fans are way better than Gooners, just a shame we won't be able to drink with many Spurs fans before the game as it would be a proper party atmosphere. :thumbsup:

***** to a man.

Can't blame you for being bitter.

Must be shit to see the Gooners celebrating St Totteringhams day year on year.

:pleasingao:

Can't blame you for being bitter.

Must be shit to see the Gooners celebrating St Totteringhams day year on year.

:pleasingao:

2-0 & you messed it up

3-1 & you messed it up.

Shouldn't you go & ask Sebastian if he wants extra sprinkles on his ChoccoMochaCinno?

2-0 & you messed it up

3-1 & you messed it up.

Shouldn't you go & ask Sebastian if he wants extra sprinkles on his ChoccoMochaCinno?

:seething:

Oh wait, Arsenal still finished above Spurs.

Again.

:seething:

Oh wait, Arsenal still finished above Spurs.

Again.

We had a St Arsewipe day for when we got further in the Chamions League than you at our first attempt. How embarassing for you.

Still, what is it it now? 15 straight attempts & the CL & you have STILL won fewer European trophies than us. Ha ha.

Naw, the guy was asking about the congestion charge, not controlled parking.

My mistake.

I thought he was asking about parking restrictions.

Apologies.

We had a St Arsewipe day for when we got further in the Chamions League than you at our first attempt. How embarassing for you.

Still, what is it it now? 15 straight attempts & the CL & you have STILL won fewer European trophies than us. Ha ha.

You think its embarrassing that Arsenal have made the CL 15 times and Spurs have made it just once?

imagine watching your rivals win the league on your home patch

imagine using pasta as a excuse why you don't finish above them in the league

imagine pretend to your fans that you have the same chance of winning the league as your rivals

imagine finishing below your rivals for pretty much all of the premier league

imagine having a crook as a manager

imagine pretending to be a big club

imagine having a go at your rival for getting beat be one goal off barcelona

imagine being a tramp with no class

imagine thinking anyone gives a feck about the carling cup

imagine trying to move you stadium 15 miles away from your home

imagine saying you can upgrade your shithole to make it better than your rivals and then finding out you can't afford it

imagine being in the shadows of your rivals since time began

imagine calling yourself the yid army

imagine being a spurs fan

imagine watching your rivals win the league on your home patch

imagine using pasta as a excuse why you don't finish above them in the league

imagine pretend to your fans that you have the same chance of winning the league as your rivals

imagine finishing below your rivals for pretty much all of the premier league

imagine having a crook as a manager

imagine pretending to be a big club

imagine having a go at your rival for getting beat be one goal off barcelona

imagine being a tramp with no class

imagine thinking anyone gives a feck about the carling cup

imagine trying to move you stadium 15 miles away from your home

imagine saying you can upgrade your shithole to make it better than your rivals and then finding out you can't afford it

imagine being in the shadows of your rivals since time began

imagine calling yourself the yid army

imagine being a spurs fan

Lovely big bite there!

Quality.

Imagine thinking you are so superior but still have to go to all that effort in a post to 'prove' it :lol: .

How sad.

They day i feel the need to have an arsehole like a windsock i'll go over to the dark side :o .

The Old Tolbooth

You think its embarrassing that Arsenal have made the CL 15 times and Spurs have made it just once?

I always thought you preferred Everton for some reason :unsure:

Anyway, leave poor Alfie alone you lot, he's been top notch with us since the draw, bloody bullies :D

Archived