Stevie Frail defense of Calum elliot

Marooned In Oz

Marooned In Oz

Why do people constantly bring this up?

Seriously - Coach in defending under pressure home grown young player shocker.

Get a grip and get off "clum's" back for maybe a day or two. Even after he put in a good shift up at Inverness and scored 2 goals you still had the usual suspects on here spouting how he's ****e, instead of maybe giving him a little bit of encouragement in the hope he can push on from that.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world but for god sake you'd think he was the anti Christ.

Some people come across on here (not mentioning names) as if they wait for Calum Elliot's name to be announced and, (c*ck in hand) Boooooooooooo until they climax all over the guy in front of them.

News flash, Calum Elliot is not at fault for all the worlds? problems. He did not shoot Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand to cause World War 1.

He was not responsible for the holocaust.

He did not cause the titanic to sink.

Here's a question that I put to the KB masses and answer with reasoning - who would you play in front of Calum Elliot?

Do you see the youth and reserves week in week out to make a valid judgement on youth players who should be playing in front of "Clum"?

Do you see the group of players in training day in day out?

Direct your anger if you must at someone whose fault it is that players like Calum Elliot are the best we have to offer.

I'm not saying Calum is good enough, but for feck sake booing him is hardly going to lift his game is it?

Good post m8.

I personaly do not rate him and I think shaggy has to decide if he wants to play calum to atleast play him in a role suited to him. same with Nade....why play him up front on his own when he clearly can not play that system....Nade and clum up front with clum doing the leg work and the chasing....if that does not work....never mind it will soon be the summer and we can punt them both!

Well, why did you bring this up????????:confused:

sorry mate the boy is no good wish he was better but he aint and people are with in there rights to give him pelters when they feel they are being short changed.As for Shaggy he cant dig his way out of it now he destroyed clums confidence by playing him when his form was well below par

its frails fault for playing him all the time when he clearly has not got it

Precisely and I think the reason many Hearts fans have now decided SF is not the man for the job. Clum aint good enough and everyone but Frail can see that yet we have to listen to him bigging him up all the time. I personally have never booed him or anyone else in a Hearts jersey but he has been put in a very arkward position by his manager who would have known better if up to the job. Nice guy yes good coach I dont think so

Nelly Terraces
Elliot should do his talking on the park.

Sadly for us, he does. And he talks utter pash.

Walter Bishop

Get a grip and get off "clum's" back for maybe a day or two. Even after he put in a good shift up at Inverness and scored 2 goals you still had the usual suspects on here spouting how he's ****e, instead of maybe giving him a little bit of encouragement in the hope he can push on from that.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world but for god sake you'd think he was the anti Christ.

Some people come across on here (not mentioning names) as if they wait for Calum Elliot's name to be announced and, (c*ck in hand) Boooooooooooo until they climax all over the guy in front of them.

News flash, Calum Elliot is not at fault for all the worlds? problems. He did not shoot Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand to cause World War 1.

Here's a question that I put to the KB masses and answer with reasoning - who would you play in front of Calum Elliot?

Do you see the youth and reserves week in week out to make a valid judgement on youth players who should be playing in front of "Clum"?

Direct your anger if you must at someone whose fault it is that players like Calum Elliot are the best we have to offer.

I'm not saying Calum is good enough, but for feck sake booing him is hardly going to lift his game is it?

Mate, he is being played in one of the worst hearts teams for years and is still nowhere near good enough!

"Shaggy" as Clum calls him is totally embarassing himself with his continued defending and blaming of others for his poor displays!

The boy imo has been hung out to dry, he is not a footballer yet Shaggy constantly plays him or defends him he should at best be playing lower league or junior football!!!

sorry mate the boy is no good wish he was better but he aint and people are with in there rights to give him pelters when they feel they are being short changed.As for Shaggy he cant dig his way out of it now he destroyed clums confidence by playing him when his form was well below par

How exactly are people 'within their rights to give him pelters'?

Guest JamboRobbo

How aren't they? What law do you feel people are breaking by expressing their opinion?

you pay your money your entitled to your opinion surely ?

Ray Winstone

Because we pay our money to go along to the games only to see an arogant to$$er srut around the pitch like Billy Bigtime even though he is utterly gash, lazy, and does not give a flying ****!

He is a wage bandit pure and simple and now he comes out in the press saying he wants to leave!

Really good attitude.

As for Shaggy defending him every week - its embarassing!

Dr. Bapswent
you pay your money your entitled to your opinion surely ?

There is a difference between opinion and deliberate abuse.

Ray Winstone
There is a difference between opinion and deliberate abuse.

Most of it is a venting of opinions.

And as far as Elliot is concerned opinions are not too good.

Dr. Bapswent
Most of it is a venting of opinions.

And as far as Elliot is concerned opinions are not too good.

Im not disagreeing with that.

Ray Winstone
I agree its a very fine line though

Best way to put it I suppose.

Some people perhaps do take it a bit far.

But as said, if you pay your money I suppose you feel entitled to dish it out!

Billy Bigtime

Surely the question here is why has Callum not progressed in the last 3 years? Indeed why have none of our players progressed in terms of stamina, build, skills, awareness etc. I would look at the coach!

Oh yeah...That would be "Shaggy" then.

JamboJoker98

He needs to keep his gob shut. He obviously thinks hes gods gift to football. He is total tom kite. He thinks we owe him. You can see where the problem arises.

The boy obviously has an attitude problem and needs to gtf imo and it's getting everyone's backs up. As is Frail and his constant motor mouth nonsense. I'll never boo a Hearts player but I honestly can say I dislike this guy more and more each week and so can see why people take the action they do at games.

And as for who I would paly ahead of him I'd play Makela or Glen, who would run all day long to prove their worth to the team. Anyone else for that matter would show a bit more enthusiasm and effort and that is what we need right now. Elliot obviously think's he's too good to have to run.

Rant. Over.

How aren't they? What law do you feel people are breaking by expressing their opinion?

Depends what you mean by giving him pelters really. Of course there's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but giving the lad earfuls of abuse everytime he appears on the pitch is quite another. There's no justification for that, he didn't ever promise us anything he isn't delivering.

Depends what you mean by giving him pelters really. Of course there's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but giving the lad earfuls of abuse everytime he appears on the pitch is quite another. There's no justification for that, he didn't ever promise us anything he isn't delivering.

I do think that the "abuse" is directed more towards Frail for letting Clum(p) on the pitch in the first place!

Ok.

I would play Pinilla, Makkela or Nade ahead of him. Possibly Miko who apperently sees himself as a striker. All of these players have an infinitely better goals to games ratio than Callum. Miko has done it from midfield. Makkela for all the talk of being rubbish can run about like a headless chicken as well as Callum and puts the ball in the net whether it is against Alloa (?) or Barcelona. He is also only a year or two older than Callum and should be capable of developing with a bit of coaching.

I think the booing problem with callum is the same as with Miko a while back. People at first were booing the coach for putting him in ahead of a player the crowd felt was more capable. After a while people forget that this is why they boo and just give him the pantomime villan treatment.

My final point is about Frail. Pinilla is always credited with a bad attitude but has never once said "play me or I am off". Callum has. If he had tried this last year he would have come down with a heavy and well deserved case of Vlad flu which would have seen him bed ridden until raith rovers decided to come and pick him up and take him home from school. Frail undermines his criticism of the "primadonas" in the squad by defending Callum and Mikey Stewarts attitude. Dare I suggest a touch of "good honest scottish laddy" in here? Thoughts?

bigbryanthejambo

This is possibly one of the most melodramatic posts I have ever read on Kickback. What a load of garbage!

Until Elliot shows more than a brief, fleeting glimpse of having ANY footballing skill AT ALL, then his doubters will continue to doubt. It's up to him to consisently prove us wrong.

Those of us who have boo-ed Elliot in the past DID NOT start the holocaust and neither are we to blame for the Titanic hitting that Iceberg.

Tube!

Guest JamboRobbo

If he can't take the heat, then he chose the wrong profession deciding to become a professional footballer.

Oooo, check you. Whilst i am not one of those booing him week in week out, I have to say the guys a liability, the bookings, the red cards, the glaring wasted oppotunities, 4 goals in 24 games, it speaks volumes. if he were on the apprentice he'd have been fired before the series started.

Dr. Bapswent
This is possibly one of the most melodramatic posts I have ever read on Kickback. What a load of garbage!

Until Elliot shows more than a brief, fleeting glimpse of having ANY footballing skill AT ALL, then his doubters will continue to doubt. It's up to him to consisently prove us wrong.

Those of us who have boo-ed Elliot in the past DID NOT start the holocaust and neither are we to blame for the Titanic hitting that Iceberg.

Tube!

Talk about drama!

ha ha. ;)

bigbryanthejambo
Talk about photos!

ha ha ;)

Funny that always shuts you up Bapswent!

"Sit Down Shut Up.....Sit Down Shut up" !!!

Frail is right to talk up the player if he thinks that is the way to build Elliot's confidence. More confidence might just mean a better player on the park.

I suspect that Frail thinks that Elliot has done okay for him since he took over as manager. Has been a positive contributor in our good run of form in the last 6 weeks or so. And that the booing from the fans is utterly counterproductive.

It is not just about Elliot - a player I don't think will make it at Hearts - it is also about how all our young players are treated. The young players need to know that they will be supported by the management - or else we will not get the best from them.

Guest JamboRobbo
Frail is right to talk up the player if he thinks that is the way to build Elliot's confidence. More confidence might just mean a better player on the park.

I suspect that Frail thinks that Elliot has done okay for him since he took over as manager. Has been a positive contributor in our good run of form in the last 6 weeks or so. And that the booing from the fans is utterly counterproductive.

It is not just about Elliot - a player I don't think will make it at Hearts - it is also about how all our young players are treated. The young players need to know that they will be supported by the management - or else we will not get the best from them.

The fans need to know they have competent management picking the team, else they won't have enough faith in the managers decisions to back his decisions.

Mr Quagmire

Forrest Gump Is Gash.

And do you know the one thing that is annoying me most about his play just now, WHY does he always feel the need to bend over when someone is jumping at the back of him.

The fans need to know they have competent management picking the team, else they won't have enough faith in the managers decisions to back his decisions.

So far - with the exception of the Romanov pandering side put out against Dundee United, the cup games and the OF games (which have a huge handicap before we start given their strengthening and our weakening) - Frail has been competent.

Unbeaten in our last 8 against nonOF in the league - 1 goal (Karipidis cowardice) in that time. 20 points! It is a very good record for someone who still doesn't have control of squad recruitment/discipline etc.

Given that he has done this - and that we can't get any new players til the summer - he should logically try to build the confidence of the ones we have and who have been doing the business for him so far. Elliot is one of those - whether the hysterical on here think it or not.

Say What Again
they wait for Calum Elliot's name to be announced and, (c*ck in hand) Boooooooooooo until they climax all over the guy in front of them.

:dramaqueen::dramaqueen:

Guest JamboRobbo
So far - with the exception of the Romanov pandering side put out against Dundee United, the cup games and the OF games (which have a huge handicap before we start given their strengthening and our weakening) - Frail has been competent.

Just about. I think certain decisions have suggested otherwise - but it could be put down to his learning curve (learning from mistakes he should've made at a lower club than HMFC).

Unbeaten in our last 8 against nonOF in the league - 1 goal (Karipidis cowardice) in that time. 20 points! It is a very good record for someone who still doesn't have control of squad recruitment/discipline etc.

Agree to an extent, but then stats can say anything. You could also say he hasn't won a single cup match, and has only beaten the diddy teams in the league. ;)

Given that he has done this - and that we can't get any new players til the summer - he should logically try to build the confidence of the ones we have and who have been doing the business for him so far. Elliot is one of those - whether the hysterical on here think it or not.

I don't really have an opinion either way on Elliot. I just think folks have the right to express an opinion, and Frail doesn't inspire the confidence that anything he says would change my opinion, if I had one, which I don't particulary when it comes to Elliot.

Dr. Bapswent
Funny that always shuts you up Bapswent!

"Sit Down Shut Up.....Sit Down Shut up" !!!

Youv lost me?

Metal-Jambo

Although I rarely 'boo', I do give Elliot dog's abuse fairly frequently.

Not only is he inept, but he's a stupid, moany b*stard as well.

His goals against ICT were his first in a 90 mins game all season.

When everyone that was there agrees that Nade had a better game, Frail comes out and claims 'Nade got all the plaudits'.

Yes he did, and deservidly so. Frail's comments are getting a bit boring to be honest, and plus, what's Christian Nade meant to think when he hears Frail claiming Elliot should have got more credit than him?

Frail hinted at younger guys being given a chance a few weeks ago, but the closest he's come is putting Gary Glenn on the bench, and he didn't even get on. He'd rather play Elliot in the hope he will one day play well, and then reward him by feeling him up afterwards.

I like Frail, but he is not a manager.

If he can't take the heat, then he chose the wrong profession deciding to become a professional footballer.

If it was reasonable levels of 'heat' then I'd totally agree, but what he's been subjected to is pretty ridiculous. There are times that he can barely get near the ball before the boos, sighs and jeers start - what good does that do anyone? It certainly doesn't help him do anything which might prove us wrong, and I doubt it makes the fans feel much better for doing it.

I'm not defending his ability, I don't really think he's got what it takes at this level....but I am (trying!) to defend the comments made about the abuse he's had. You can't boo a player into being more skilled...but you can probably boo a player into being even worse than he was before.

Guest JamboRobbo
If it was reasonable levels of 'heat' then I'd totally agree, but what he's been subjected to is pretty ridiculous. There are times that he can barely get near the ball before the boos, sighs and jeers start - what good does that do anyone? It certainly doesn't help him do anything which might prove us wrong, and I doubt it makes the fans feel much better for doing it.

I'm not defending his ability, I don't really think he's got what it takes at this level....but I am (trying!) to defend the comments made about the abuse he's had. You can't boo a player into being more skilled...but you can probably boo a player into being even worse than he was before.

Equally, you can't cheer a player into being a footballer.

If he has what it takes (and part of that is having the character to take the stick), then he'll make it. If not, he won't.

Either way, it won't be the fans fault if he doesn't make it, and it won't be the fans who caused him to make it he does make it.

It'll be down to his football ability, his fitness, and his mental attitude.

On the subject of Elliot, I think he could well surprise a lot of people. IMO, he justs needs to get a yard bigger, faster and stronger, and his abilty will shine through. I expect we'll see him take a huge leap forward either this summer or next. If he doesn't, we can forget him IMO.

joshmorris1874

Exactly!

Since when did all JKBers become Jose Mourihno or Alex Ferguson?

If you think hes not goood enough, I personally would love to see you all who boo him to try and do better!

Exactly!

If you think hes not goood enough, I personally would love to see you all who boo him to try and do better!

You don't have to be Mourihno or Ferguson to see that Clum(p) is PISH!

PS. I don't think that the guys who boo him are in the EEN every week demanding a first team start! :rolleyes:

peebles jambo
Exactly!

i'd love to get useless bas***ds wages, then i'd give it a shot:mad:

wee eckyfump

Clum is a first division player at best he should shut his puss with his threats of leaving cos no player is bigger than the club.

As for Frail he will get the boot when the new manager comes in once he has served his purpose.

They two would be better shutting the france up :mad:as the saying goes Clum if you don`t like it then leave.

And don`t forget to shut the door behind you.

Archived