Travelodge Tips

Diane

I know there's lots of folks booked up for Travelodges - mainly the Royal Scot - so thought I would share my top tips from Travelodge experience. Forewarned is forearmed, or something.

- Check in time is not until 2.30pm and they enforce this strictly. Doesn't matter if your room is ready or not - you cannot get in until 2.30pm unless you pay ?10 extra for early check in. I'm not sure what the earliest is for this option.

- Travelodges will not store your luggage under any circumstances, either prior to check in time or after you have checked out. So if you're on that 6.50am train, you'll be lugging your bag for a bit. There is no "dump your bag at the hotel until the room is ready" option.

- The bathrooms have one tiny bar of soap. They do not provide shower gel or anything (unlike another well known budget chain).

- Those of you that are three to a room had better know each other very, very well.

Jambof3tornado

Its one night,who needs soap for that!!!!yucky.gif

How many bog rolls coz I really fancy getting a decent kebab for once?????woot.gifwoot.gifwoot.gifwoot.gif

Mine said 3 PM check in... I get to Gatwick at 8.50 am... Be travelling light.. Not taking straighteners or anything for one night. Shower gel, deodorant,toothpaste, toothbrush ( all travel size )pants, socks, tops (2) all in a Aldi bag :whistling:

chester copperpot

I wont be checking in to mines until after the game, so I don't care what time check in's at.

**** travelling from City centre to North of London and back just to check in and stick my rucksack in my room.

Dean Winchester

Midday check-in for the ?10 charge. And they do have luggage drop offs but they charge you ?10 for the use. My train gets in at Midday so I'll just get the early checkin anyway :thumbsup:

Midday check-in for the ?10 charge. And they do have luggage drop offs but they charge you ?10 for the use. My train gets in at Midday so I'll just get the early checkin anyway :thumbsup:

how much did people pay to stay in this shithole? Is the TV coin operated as well!

I wont be checking in to mines until after the game, so I don't care what time check in's at.

**** travelling from City centre to North of London and back just to check in and stick my rucksack in my room.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Wasn't planning on checking in until the early hours of Fri 26th!!

I assume if you have paid the room up front or even just secured with a CC they won't give the thing away if you've not pitched up by midnight or whenever?

I am planning on travelling down on the 25th with just my ticket, toothbrush and maybe a clean pair of scunters for the next day!

Carl Fredrickson

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Wasn't planning on checking in until the early hours of Fri 26th!!

I assume if you have paid the room up front or even just secured with a CC they won't give the thing away if you've not pitched up by midnight or whenever?

I am planning on travelling down on the 25th with just my ticket, toothbrush and maybe a clean pair of scunters for the next day!

:lol:

Dean Winchester

how much did people pay to stay in this shithole? Is the TV coin operated as well!

:lol: I'm going to be out on the pish all day Thurs and Friday... I really couldn't care less as long as the beds clean

Mine said 3 PM check in... I get to Gatwick at 8.50 am... Be travelling light.. Not taking straighteners or anything for one night. Shower gel, deodorant,toothpaste, toothbrush ( all travel size )pants, socks, tops (2) all in a Aldi bag :whistling:

Just loot everything else when you're down there! :whistling:

Me, SJH1874 and 2 others don't roll in to Kings Cross until about 1pm so i'm sure we'll be able to keep ourselves out of mischief in a local boozer before heading off to start the pre-match proper!

Good that so many Jambos are staying in the Royal Scot Kings Cross as we'll no doubt end up boozing together throughout the day. I remember being in Athens and the 5 of us were drinking on our own the night before the game in a huge city with a few hundred Jambos all spread across it.

Any travelodge I have stayed in has had a good bed,clean toilet,basic clean room.Do not see any reason for any in London being different.

I will give you this tip that I found out to my cost recently, Travelodge operate an over booking policy on all their hotels.

So if you don't get their early enough there might not be a room for you, even though you have paid for it upfront.

They will find you a room at an alternative Travelodge but that may be miles away.

My advice is, if you are going to be checking in quite late in the day, take a note of the hotels phone number and give them a call to keep a room aside for you, as you will be arriving later than planned.

Any travelodge I have stayed in has had a good bed,clean toilet,basic clean room.Do not see any reason for any in London being different.

Dean Winchester

I will give you this tip that I found out to my cost recently, Travelodge operate an over booking policy on all their hotels.

So if you don't get their early enough there might not be a room for you, even though you have paid for it upfront.

They will find you a room at an alternative Travelodge but that may be miles away.

My advice is, if you are going to be checking in quite late in the day, take a note of the hotels phone number and give them a call to keep a room aside for you, as you will be arriving later than planned.

I'd go flipping mental if that where the case :lol:

chester copperpot

anyone staying at the Travelodge on Kings Cross Road? about 1/4 mile away from station

Is that the Royal Scott one,

haven't seen anyone posting anything about that one myself likes.

chester copperpot

I am going to call them when I arrive on the Thursday to advise them of the script.

I will go along when I arrive then.. Then off sightseeing of all the burnt out buildings :ninja:

I will go along when I arrive then.. Then off sightseeing of all the burnt out buildings :ninja:

Hearty Harry

Is that the Royal Scott one,

haven't seen anyone posting anything about that one myself likes.

No The Royal Scot one is at the station. this other one is 10 mins walk down the Kings Cross road

anyone staying at the Travelodge on Kings Cross Road? about 1/4 mile away from station

Stayed there a couple of months ago mate. It's like a knocking shop. Central though.

No The Royal Scot one is at the station. this other one is 10 mins walk down the Kings Cross road

According to their website, the Royal Scot Travelodge is 8 mins walk away from the station and it's address is indeed 100 Kings Cross Road.

Me and my mate will be getting in just before 3. Dump the bags and find a boozer, get back in the early hours to grab a couple of hours sleep, up, on the train for 11 home for work at 6.

Something will go wrong. <_<

I had the misfortune of staying in one near Wembley for the CL final. What an absolute disgrace of a place. Disgusting.

Im posh I have 2 hotels book. One that came with the package so seems no one else round London City area, so booked Royal Scot as well...

Victor Meldrew

This - it happened to me not so long ago.

To make matters worse, when we arrived at the second Travelodge, there was no-one at reception and we had to wait on the street (at midnight) for 10 minutes.

Christian Nades sister worked in this travelodge about a year and a bit ago (she works on reception and her name is yolande). Had a terrible experience there, had took my brother down for his birthday and we'd been at the florence and the machine concert, got back and our key cards didn't work. All out stuff was in the room but they wouldn't let us in. Stood around for half an hour while someone 'checked' the room. Eventually we were allowed in. Next day when we were leaving my brother realised he had left his ipod in the drawer beside his bed. Needless to say it wasn't there when he went back even though there was no one staying in the room. We were refunded the cost of our stay though after several angry emails from my dad to the manager. Stayed there before that though and was fine.

Quite disappointed to see this was a serious thread. Was expecting something quite witty like the stuff that does the rounds on emails.

The Old Tolbooth

Thank feck I booked a real hotel :verysmug:

Ah! You think you've booked a decent one :whistling:

We thought that too when we went to London last year for the Millwall game, we got there and there were sockets hanging off the wall, sinks away from the wall, damp and mould patches over then ceiling, wallpaper hanging off the walls, the door wouldn't fit into the door frame properly, the sheets weren't clean, the pillows were manky and uncomfortable, and the curtains wouldn't shut so I had to cut the strings on them at the top to get them to close, oh, and the missus managed to lock herself in the bathroom (which was shared) :lol:

Apart from that it was fine :rolleyes:

The pictures on the website made this place look like a really good hotel, and the reviews were obviously put there by the people who owned it as they were good, but it was a proper little shit tip and made Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz! :wacko:

The name of this hotel........

The Lonsdale, very close to Kings Cross, and I guarantee that some Jambos will have the unpleasant experience of staying here thinking they have decent accommodation close to the station, poor buggers! :( Gimme a Travel Lodge over pish like that any day of the week! :thumbsup:

Stayed there a couple of months ago mate. It's like a knocking shop. Central though.

Nothing like about it - it IS a knocking shop - Kings Cross is one big sleeze fest. Also take care with pick pockets (some of whom double up as hookers) when your mashed on the bevy it's dodgy round there. Unless of course you fancy getting your rocks off and robbed at the same time as some sort of mad fetish.

Ah! You think you've booked a decent one :whistling:

We thought that too when we went to London last year for the Millwall game, we got there and there were sockets hanging off the wall, sinks away from the wall, damp and mould patches over then ceiling, wallpaper hanging off the walls, the door wouldn't fit into the door frame properly, the sheets weren't clean, the pillows were manky and uncomfortable, and the curtains wouldn't shut so I had to cut the strings on them at the top to get them to close, oh, and the missus managed to lock herself in the bathroom (which was shared) :lol:

Apart from that it was fine :rolleyes:

The pictures on the website made this place look like a really good hotel, and the reviews were obviously put there by the people who owned it as they were good, but it was a proper little shit tip and made Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz! :wacko:

The name of this hotel........

The Lonsdale, very close to Kings Cross, and I guarantee that some Jambos will have the unpleasant experience of staying here thinking they have decent accommodation close to the station, poor buggers! :( Gimme a Travel Lodge over pish like that any day of the week! :thumbsup:

you seem to have previous about picking bad hotels :whistling:

When i went to Milan my Mrs asked me 'where is your luggage'?

'I'm wearing it' i replied.

Went in the clothes i stood up in.

Had a hotel booked booked (?90) but i had to go straight to the San Siro to get my ticket as i was in the home end - not with the official Spurs fans & then i had to pass a club on the way back from the game.... left there at 3.00am. Asked the hotel receptionist if we (found a couple of my mates in the club) could doss in reception until 4.00am as our train to the airport left at 4:30am...........

Never even saw the inside of the room. I must have looked & smelled pretty nasty by the time i got back to London!!

:lol:

Only if there's room in my pocket you understand. If it's between the scunters and an extra tin of Stella then the scunters get ditched!

:P

Me, SJH1874 and 2 others don't roll in to Kings Cross until about 1pm so i'm sure we'll be able to keep ourselves out of mischief in a local boozer before heading off to start the pre-match proper!

Good that so many Jambos are staying in the Royal Scot Kings Cross as we'll no doubt end up boozing together throughout the day. I remember being in Athens and the 5 of us were drinking on our own the night before the game in a huge city with a few hundred Jambos all spread across it.

com out of KX and take a right up the main street, you'll find a bar called The Rocket - cracking wee place. Also, almost directly opposite KX on the other side of the main street theres an Irish Bar which we took over when down for the Scotland - Brazil game. There's another one on the street on the right hand side of Euston Station as you face it (about 400m up the road from KX) that served cracking beers.

HTH

graeme

Stayed in the Liverpool Street one last year for the Millwall game. It's not too bad, you get what you pay for essentially.

If anyone's staying around there then there's a few boozers but mostly shops like Tesco express, McDonalds etc.

Is it only my group staying in Farringdon Travel Lodge, everyone else seems to be at the Royal Scot(I think)??

Prenticeonthewing

Jings I thought I had logged in to trip advisor by mistake - had to do a double check.

And sadly I'm in the Royal Scot as well - but arrive the Wednesday so hopefully according to this thread I might just get my room!!!!

When i went to Milan my Mrs asked me 'where is your luggage'?

'I'm wearing it' i replied.

Went in the clothes i stood up in.

Had a hotel booked booked (?90) but i had to go straight to the San Siro to get my ticket as i was in the home end - not with the official Spurs fans & then i had to pass a club on the way back from the game.... left there at 3.00am. Asked the hotel receptionist if we (found a couple of my mates in the club) could doss in reception until 4.00am as our train to the airport left at 4:30am...........

Never even saw the inside of the room. I must have looked & smelled pretty nasty by the time i got back to London!!

Is that this double-booking people are talking about ?

I Have booked travelodge in Edinburgh for the game. Not much accomadation available in town i have been told you have a popular festival taking place!

I was ccoming with my mates, but as soon as the wife found out we were playing in Edinburgh she jumped on board with my 4 year old son.

Travelodge was the only accomadation we could find with a family room in Edinburgh.

COYS

Hearty Harry

According to their website, the Royal Scot Travelodge is 8 mins walk away from the station and it's address is indeed 100 Kings Cross Road.

Sorry I stand corrected. The one I am staying at is Travelodge Farringdon which is 10 - 42 Kings Cross road. about 300 yards from the Royal Scott. Happy days.......Jambo central!!

Me and my mate are in the royal scott, only spending a few hours sleeping in it anyway, as long as there is a bed im fine, im sure i will have stayed in worse!!!

I Have booked travelodge in Edinburgh for the game. Not much accomadation available in town i have been told you have a popular festival taking place!

I was ccoming with my mates, but as soon as the wife found out we were playing in Edinburgh she jumped on board with my 4 year old son.

Travelodge was the only accomadation we could find with a family room in Edinburgh.

COYS

Is there something on in Edinburgh :verymad:

Your wife and son will love it.. Get them up the High Street/Royal Mile lots of free acts on...

Carl Fredrickson

COYS

Which one are you staying in?

Enjoy your trip to our wonderful city but I hope you have no happy memories of the game :whistling:

Nucky Thompson

COYS

What one are you in? we could keep you posted about how to get around Edinburgh etc

Archived