Webster

janjo1874

Fermit the Krog

FWIW, training has been very enjoyable, lots and LOTS of passing drills. He had the group huddled together at one point talking to them about what he expected and he certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly. Templeton, Driver, Sutton and Rudi all given a stern talking to at one point or another, although it was constructive and it's certainly evident that the players respect him.

His two assistants were more involved with warm ups and drills whilst Lockie took a step back.

Not going to have a go at JJ's methods but there is a big difference between the two styles.

jamboinglasgow

FWIW, training has been very enjoyable, lots and LOTS of passing drills. He had the group huddled together at one point talking to them about what he expected and he certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly. Templeton, Driver, Sutton and Rudi all given a stern talking to at one point or another, although it was constructive and it's certainly evident that the players respect him.

His two assistants were more involved with warm ups and drills whilst Lockie took a step back.

Not going to have a go at JJ's methods but there is a big difference between the two styles.

I sound like a broken record, but were a few youngsters training with the first team?

Good to hear that training is enjoyable.

Hamill, Elliott and Suso all training, albeit Suso quite heavily bandaged.

Were these three training with the rest of the squad or seperately ?

Fermit the Krog

Were these three training with the rest of the squad or seperately ?

With the squad.

Obua and Taouil were doing some light stuff on their own.

Tommy Wiseau

Without having a go at Mr Jim, then, what are the main differences in Mr Sergio and Mr Jim's approaches would you say, as I've never watched training under either coach?

More passing drills now, I gather, but what else?

Fermit the Krog

I sound like a broken record, but were a few youngsters training with the first team?

Good to hear that training is enjoyable.

I think just the usual that have been involved recently.

Smith has impressed most in front of goal.

Gregory House M.D.

I think just the usual that have been involved recently.

Smith has impressed most in front of goal.

Pogo or David?

Fermit the Krog

Without having a go at Mr Jim, then, what are the main differences in Mr Sergio and Mr Jim's approaches would you say, as I've never watched training under either coach?

More passing drills now, I gather, but what else?

Maybe it's just because it's new that it seems so different but under JJ the players would warm up, have a mini game (two touches?)and then some shooting drills, obviously there was more to it but that was the basic structure when I seen them last season.

Today other than the passing drills, the biggest difference has been, dare I say it, professionalism. As I say, he doesn't suffer fools and your reputaion means nothing to him, or so it would appear. The man knows what he wants.

Good to hear in Paulo's interview after the Motherwell game last week that he quickly identified that our players struggle to pass and move and now appears to be addressing it in training. Seems like a basic thing to notice, but it has been a problem for us since the 05/06 season imo.

Hamill, Elliott and Suso all training, albeit Suso quite heavily bandaged.

Good about Elliott because it said he was going to be defo out yesterday. :thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

Good about Elliott because it said he was going to be defo out yesterday. :thumbsup:

He was definately training, whether he starts tomorrow, I have no idea.

We_are_the_Hearts

Am I right in thinking that the only players missing altogether were Kyle and Webster then?

jamboinglasgow

Am I right in thinking that the only players missing altogether were Kyle and Webster then?

Calum Elliot. Not sure about Gary Glen.

RoussetsShorts

One of the first things Jose Mourinho organised when he arrived at Chelsea was an early team meeting and a session with each player. His unique methods of preparation were immediately apparent to the individual players. "It's like an interview more or less," Mourinho reveals, "an interview where they can also put me questions. But I try to prepare, I tried to identify the points where I want to touch, what I want to hear. I want to show them immediately what I am and that I'm open, that I can be a sweetheart but at the same time I can be very nasty in my questions.

"The philosophy's more about playing football. The football element of training is the most important element, not the physical element. If you do the football early and correctly, the physical element follows. It's automatic. There's no fitness testing, there's no strict diet - obviously, players at that level know what they can and can't eat and drink. They know how to prepare for a match. So you take all these things on trust. When they're together as a group, they have to eat what's put there, but It's not like dried chicken or dried fish or rice - there's a little bit more flexibility."

Gregory House M.D.

Gordon. (I take it thats Pogo?)

Yeah. Hopefully he'll get a start soon.

Archived