Celtic v Man Utd

Edit my English team are Cardiff

As in the Cardiff from Wales?!

I dunno about having them down here, they come with a lot of shite, but I have to say their inclusion would give the Prem another lift.

I suppose its all irrelevant anyway, they wont be coming down here.

If England thinks they are having trouble now, try including the Old Firm into the mix

tottenham dave

:rolleyes::blink:

These days Arsenal have a lot more johnnie come lately fans, but probably overall I'd say they just edge Spurs in London numbers. Chelsea are third in the list, I couldn't give a many chinese fans Chelsea stories or

It would appear that I started talking gibberish at the end there.

So I'm going to completely re-do it, and hopefully make some sense.

Arsenal have a lot of jonnie come lately fans, jumping on the bandwagon, revelling in the glory. It's inevitable, when you add more than 20,000 seats to your home gate over night (with the move to the Emirates from Highbury) you are going to get a few new 'hanger ons'.

I would say that Arsenal are the most popular London team with Spurs a close second. For years though Spurs and Arsenal worked on a level playing field, similar attendances, similar aspirations, and for most of the 80s and 90s each would get similar rewards (albeit with very different footballing styles).

Then the professor turned up in about '97 and to be fair to him (because I do hate him, oh yes) he took a semi decent Arsenal team and won the title in his first poxy year.

Not content with that, he added to the squad and over the next 8 or 9 years they carried on, cups here, doubles there all the time putting a bit of light between themselves and the getting left behind Spurs. What made it all the worse was they were doing it all playing attractive football, something missing from Arsenal since the thirties.

My final point was on Chelsea. What I wanted to say was that they might not like it, but Chelsea will always be London's 3rd team, regardless of their superstars. They might make a lot of money from new Chinese fans that Spurs don't have, but on the ground, in London they are number 3, always have been, always will be.

Gregory House M.D.

My opinion is that most Hearts fans hate Rangers and Celtic equally. Its a bit of a myth that Hearts have a problem with Catholics. For those that do hate Celtic its more about what they stand for in football terms rather than religion, for the vast majority of fans anyway...its impossible to be 100% bigot free in Scotland sadly....

I hate Celtic more than Hibs and Rangers. They're just vile. Their spitting and booing at British soldiers, The anti-poppy banner and the IRA supporting, ensured that I'd despise them.

Their singing at the Emirates made me sick. I even sometimes avoid talking to some Celtic supporting mates. They just repulse me. It has nothing to do with religion.

celtic - rangers - hibs

In that order for me and probably most.

.d

Edit my English team are Cardiff

:)

My english team are CARDIFF......OK.?...

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Would it be fair to say that after Hibs, Celtic are your next rivals/hated team??

Just trying to get my head into the nuances of the Scottish game.

For the record, my Scots team is Alloa :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: mon the Wasps! Is that because of former player John White? Or are you actually only kidding? :lol:

For me, Hibs are third most hated, after Celtic and Rangers, in that order.

I dunno about having them down here, they come with a lot of shite, but I have to say their inclusion would give the Prem another lift.

I suppose its all irrelevant anyway, they wont be coming down here.

They ain't good enough for the Prem, there was talk of them joining at Championship level, but they were not happy about it. Besides, you don't want their sectarian bile, we are stuck with them.

Can only hope that Rangers go bust though, would love to see Her Majesties Customs go in and close them down, little bit of irony.

tottenham dave

:thumbsup: mon the Wasps! Is that because of former player John White? Or are you actually only kidding? :lol:

No I'm not kidding. When I was a kid I often stayed with family in Tillicoultry so it seemed the logical local choice.

I'm obviously not a die hard, but I remember to check their result on a Saturday.

Would it be fair to say that after Hibs, Celtic are your next rivals/hated team??

Just trying to get my head into the nuances of the Scottish game.

For the record, my Scots team is Alloa :thumbsup:

Tottenham Dave,You are probably aware that John White played for Alloa and that his brother Tom played for Hearts.a third brother Edwin was also at Alloa(I think)Hes still alive and well living in Tranent.

Gregory House M.D.

Tottenham Dave,You are probably aware that John White played for Alloa and that his brother Tom played for Hearts.a third brother Edwin was also at Alloa(I think)Hes still alive and well living in Tranent.

Knew it! He's my old coaches dad/grandad.

Archived