Celtic v Man Utd

Im watching it as well.

I had a lump in my throat when John Hartson went off after 2 minutes after all he has has to go through..

Gerald Butler is playing as is somebody ftom the view ... A band I assume.. :blink:

ITV 4 NOT channel 5

coatbridgejambo

Noticed this was on,End.

[/quoe]

not a bad we game ,i'v seen worse premiership matches . for anyone wanting to watch its on ITV 4

Im watching it as well.

I had a lump in my throat when John Hartson went off after 2 minutes after all he has has to go through..

Gerald Butler is playing as is somebody ftom the view ... A band I assume.. :blink:

ITV 4 NOT channel 5

Wonder whats on channel 5 then?

tottenham dave

I switched over just in time to see Larsson score and then the strangest thing happened.

Over the tannoy system they started playing cowboy music.

They surely don't play that cowboy song every time Celtic score do they? Surely its just because this is a charity match.

I switched over just in time to see Larsson score and then the strangest thing happened.

Over the tannoy system they started playing cowboy music.

They surely don't play that cowboy song every time Celtic score do they? Surely its just because this is a charity match.

It's the Magnificent Seven music chief. Larsons number when he played for them. One of countless annoying things Celtic have done over the years.

Just interviewed Gerard Butler the now.

"I was a St Mirren fan until I was about 6, then I saw the light and I've been with Celtic ever since."

So you're a gloryhunting ******* then, Gerard?

tottenham dave

It's the Magnificent Seven music chief. Larsons number when he played for them. One of countless annoying things Celtic have done over the years.

So it was just reserved for him then.

I feel a strange sense of relief at that.

Just interviewed Gerard Butler the now.

"I was a St Mirren fan until I was about 6, then I saw the light and I've been with Celtic ever since."

So you're a gloryhunting ******* then, Gerard?

Aye supported that good st midden team in about 79 until celtic and aberdeen chored the good players then changed.

So it was just reserved for him then.

I feel a strange sense of relief at that.

Ach to be fair, he single handedly demolished every single team up here at one point. Would probably still score 20 a season. A wee jingle for the guy cannae hurt I suppose.

Interestly enough I was at a bbq in Glasgow at weekend and a girl and her husband were there and both worked at Celtic. Never met them before, but he was facilities guy and had to go and fix floodlights for this game. She then went on to say that this was originally supposed to be a testimonial for Kennedy, but when it was originally scheduled after the Lennon incident they had only sold 3000 tickets. The reason being that there had been a backlash from Celtic fans who didin't think he deserved a tetimonial as he was given about 1mil compensation and has a job at celtic. And here was me thinking they cancelled the game originally because of the attack on Lenon and Celtic in general. Sums the club up for me. Sneaky sc*m

Holiday money boosted.

Really not sure why they were such long odds.

Thanks Henrik.

Interestly enough I was at a bbq in Glasgow at weekend and a girl and her husband were there and both worked at Celtic. Never met them before, but he was facilities guy and had to go and fix floodlights for this game. She then went on to say that this was originally supposed to be a testimonial for Kennedy, but when it was originally scheduled after the Lennon incident they had only sold 3000 tickets. The reason being that there had been a backlash from Celtic fans who didin't think he deserved a tetimonial as he was given about 1mil compensation and has a job at celtic. And here was me thinking they cancelled the game originally because of the attack on Lenon and Celtic in general. Sums the club up for me. Sneaky sc*m

As much as I detest that club, I don't believe there is anything other than sympathy and respect for John Kennedy at Celtic. Would also point out that it was still his testimonial tonight and he donated the entire gate receipts from the game to charity last week. One of the good guys I reckon. Exception to the Celtic rule.

I dislike Celtic as much as the next man, but 5/1 when they've got Larsson and Sutton up front and the opposing team has Patrick Kielty in goals is just ridiculous. Just wish I'd put more on it now!

As much as I detest that club, I don't believe there is anything other than sympathy and respect for John Kennedy at Celtic. Would also point out that it was still his testimonial tonight and he donated the entire gate receipts from the game to charity last week. One of the good guys I reckon. Exception to the Celtic rule.

That may be the case, but for the original tribute match he was supposed to be getting the money and they obviously felt that he had already been suitably compensated, coupled with losing the league. The incident with Lenon was an ideal opportunity to reschedule and it was then decided that the money should go to charity. My point really was that when this was postponed Celtic used the excuse of the Lennon incident, making it look like we were partly responsible, when in fact it was more to do with poor tickets sales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13417992.stm

tottenham dave

Would it be fair to say that after Hibs, Celtic are your next rivals/hated team??

Just trying to get my head into the nuances of the Scottish game.

For the record, my Scots team is Alloa :thumbsup:

Would it be fair to say that after Hibs, Celtic are your next rivals/hated team??

Opinion on this matter is very much divided.

Everyone hates both halves of the Old Firm, some of us hate Celtic more and some of us hate Rangers more.

It's very much like choosing between West Ham and Fulham.

My opinion is that most Hearts fans hate Rangers and Celtic equally. Its a bit of a myth that Hearts have a problem with Catholics. For those that do hate Celtic its more about what they stand for in football terms rather than religion, for the vast majority of fans anyway...its impossible to be 100% bigot free in Scotland sadly....

Ryan Gosling

Had Celtic at 13/5 during the match. Ridiculous odds.

Larsson is still an immense footballer. Gerard Butler is not.

tottenham dave

It's very much like choosing between West Ham and Fulham.

In terms of who to dislike more? That's an easy one, it's West Ham.

So, its a toss up between Rangers and Celtic? Interesting.

I suppose they are pretty much universally disliked up there with all the shite that comes baggaged with 'em.

Do they have any allies?

celtic - rangers - hibs

In that order for me and probably most.

Edit my English team are Cardiff

:)

tottenham dave

celtic - rangers - hibs

In that order for me and probably most.

I'm quite shocked by that. Hibs not number 1??

I suppose they are pretty much universally disliked up there with all the shite that comes baggaged with 'em.

Do they have any allies?

No, the entire country is essentially united against them.

Apart from Shaint Mhirren FC (!877-1986).

Hibs are there to be laughed at.

They are so small time it's unreal.

Its Edinburgh v glasgow / sfa / media thing for me

All in cahoots to the detrement of scottish football

:(

hibs are just hibs

tottenham dave

So do you think the majority of fans (non OF) would be happy to see them leave the league?

No, the entire country is essentially united against them.

Apart from Shaint Mhirren FC (!877-1986).

Tottenham Dave - I'm sure every team, including Spurs, has that one other team that ruined something for them once. Lost a game they had to won, won a game you needed them to lose, and you'll never forget it.

St Mirren (1986) is ours. It's a sorry tale of woe that not many care to talk about, but a hatred of St Mirren has been essential from that point onwards, or St Liedown as they're known.

So do you think the majority of fans (non OF) would be happy to see them leave the league?

Undoubtedly.

We don't want them and you don't want them.

So we're stuck with them :(

Interesting.. Financially it would be disastrous, for the good of football it would be wonderful. I'd rather see them stay and us one day reach the level where we can compete with them season in season out. That would be alot more enjoyable than seeing them get the move that all their fans want anyway!

They have threatened ( promised ) a few times but no one wants them,

Best thing that could happen to scottish football.

Rick Grimes

Do they have any allies?

each other - they're not called the Old Firm for nothing. two cheeks on the same shitty arse.

tottenham dave

I dunno about having them down here, they come with a lot of shite, but I have to say their inclusion would give the Prem another lift.

I suppose its all irrelevant anyway, they wont be coming down here.

I dunno about having them down here, they come with a lot of shite, but I have to say their inclusion would give the Prem another lift.

I suppose its all irrelevant anyway, they wont be coming down here.

Trust me you dont want them anywhere near you.

Scotlands shame.

Do they have any allies?

The SFA

Tottenham Dave, I quite like the way you've got involved with JKB these last few days. It's good to see u commenting on other threads, not just ones relating to Spurs.

Hope u stick around.....and adopt the Hearts as your Scottish team of course!!

Celtic number one hated team by far for me mate. Most other Jambos I know are the same.

Hibs are from the same city, there fans support their local team and most Hibs fans are decent guys who you can have a pint with and discuss football.

Celtic on the other hand are just vile in every way possible, real pondlife, who are so bitter and believe they are some sort of victims and that everyone hates them because there Catholic (which is not true)

FWIW feelings between Hearts and Celtic are mutual with many Tims hating us as much as Rangers, if not more. Rangers and Celtic fans have a love/hate relationship whereas Celtic feel pure hate towards us :D

Are Arsenal Spurs most hated team I guess?

Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham in that order.

Which club in London would you say has the biggest support and what is the the demographic make-up of the London clubs like? Is north London split between Spurs and Arsenal pretty evenly?

tottenham dave

Tottenham Dave, I quite like the way you've got involved with JKB these last few days. It's good to see u commenting on other threads, not just ones relating to Spurs.

Hope u stick around.....and adopt the Hearts as your Scottish team of course!!

I actually really like this forum to be honest. Eveyone's been top notch since day one for me.

Alloa is my team up there, but I suppose I could adopt an SPL side. After the match of course!

I remember a couple of years back when you had that amazing start to your season getting quite excited that someone was finally going to break the monopoly and I started following

I hope Khan gets a decent match up next

jamboinglasgow

A Celtic fan trying to take the high ground when Ewan Murray praises the old firm.

mrewanmurray Ewan Murray

For all those who castigate the Old Firm.. Near full-house for terrific cause at Celtic tonight, 47k at Ibrox on Sat for a friendly.

2 hours ago

_thecelticblog Kevin

@

@mrewanmurray Two completely different set of circumstances. Completely uncompairable.

2 hours ago

mrewanmurray Ewan Murray

@

@_thecelticblog I referred to different games, in praise of 'pull'. Is this a major point for objection?! Odd.

2 hours ago

_thecelticblog Kevin

@

@mrewanmurray What did I object too? Just pointing out that both games had completely different circumstances hence can't be compared.

2 hours ago

mrewanmurray Ewan Murray

@

@_thecelticblog I was saying the attendances at both were v good. Highlights pull of each club. I'm aware of c'stances of each game!

2 hours ago

_thecelticblog Kevin

@

@mrewanmurray Link and a charity game played on a school night. I was not arguing the pull factor just the differences.

2 hours ago

in reply to ?

@mrewanmurray

Ewan Murray

@_thecelticblog I'm aware of the differences, of course. My point was genuinely about crowds, thot that clear. Didn't see controversy?!

Ryan Gosling

I actually really like this forum to be honest. Eveyone's been top notch since day one for me.

Alloa is my team up there, but I suppose I could adopt an SPL side. After the match of course!

I remember a couple of years back when you had that amazing start to your season getting quite excited that someone was finally going to break the monopoly and I started following

I hope Khan gets a decent match up next

We all like Alloa too.

249940-paul-hartley-to-take-up-alloa-athletic-post-410x230.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

tottenham dave

:rolleyes::blink:

Which club in London would you say has the biggest support and what is the the demographic make-up of the London clubs like? Is north London split between Spurs and Arsenal pretty evenly?

These days Arsenal have a lot more johnnie come lately fans, but probably overall I'd say they just edge Spurs it in London numbers. Chelsea are third in the list, I couldn't give a many chinese fans Chelsea stories or

Archived