Trafalgar Square 25/8/11 3pm

Eggo

That's Arsenal territory!!!

Trafalgar Sq is generally the 'take over spot' for visiting fans I thought.

I even saw the French take it over once during France 98, and they weren't even playing over here! I remember one bloke being really pissed off about it and shouting "Remember Agincourt!"

For kilted idiots.

Packing your kilt?

As a lowlander you'll never see me in a kilt.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tiberius Stinkfinger

Wont see you then :thumbs_down:

People come to meet me, not the other way about!

I will buy you a pint.:D

chester copperpot

I will buy you a pint.:D

See you there then :lol:

Sister wants to go around Soho, so Leicester square might be the plan.

J Cheever Loophole

For kilted idiots.

As a lowlander you'll never see me in a kilt.

We are the Happy Hooligans o' Wembley

Ah Memories!

chester copperpot

Will you buy me a pint?

I will (guess the saddo travelling down on his own) :peepwall:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Christ, buy me one and I'm there big boy.

Will you be able to go that far without your heid exploding or summit ?

I will buy you 2 Pints SG, if you don't get sectioned 1st of course..:thumbsup:

bean counter

I thought someone had suggested Russell Square ( it's closer to Kings Cross )then the Wootherspoons at Liverpool Street station ?

These.

**** this small-time pish.

:lol: :lol: :lol: no doubt youll be in some nice cafe with the rest of the girls. :thumbsup:

There are much better areas to have a few (or more) pre match pints than either Trafalgar Square or Leicester Square which are both heavily populated by tourists but for those who are thinking of doing that the latter is virtually closed at the moment due to it being renovated for the Olympics.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

:lol: :lol: :lol: no doubt youll be in some nice cafe with the rest of the girls. :thumbsup:

Don't you worry what I'm up to in London, sweetheart.

Just you concentrate on keeping your maroon kilt and replica shirt clean and shouting "WHO ARE YA" and "EASY EASY" nice and clearly at the locals. thumbsup.gif

Where do London Hearts drink can they not lay on a spread for us, a couple of sannys and a sausage roll each should do the trick ?

J Cheever Loophole

Why is it a hassle?

Two minute walk down Villiers St - Circle line from Embankment to Liverpool St - overground 22 mins to WHL.

You are an embarassment to all those famous Scottish explorers that went before you (but whose names I can't remember). ;-)

I was part of the rather large Scottish Expedition that shut down your underground and got passed the Wembley ticket allocation,70,000 strong,Alf.

And a good shout there.

Back to 2005

Hate the idea of hearts being seen up by tartan wearing jakies drinking carry outs in the street.

Why would you travel all that way to stand in the street drinking bottles/cans of beer? Why would you do that when there are a million different places you can go for beer?

Just, why?

I was part of the rather large Scottish Expedition that shut down your underground and got passed the Wembley ticket allocation,70,000 strong,Alf.

And a good shout there.

Ah, the good old days....

Can you bring those goal-posts back?

Don't you worry what I'm up to in London, sweetheart.

Just you concentrate on keeping your maroon kilt and replica shirt clean and shouting "WHO ARE YA" and "EASY EASY" nice and clearly at the locals. thumbsup.gif

You really dont know me do you? Kilts and strips are just not me dear. At 53 I'll hardly be chanting the above said :lol:

Will you be able to go that far without your heid exploding or summit ?

I will buy you 2 Pints SG, if you don't get sectioned 1st of course..:thumbsup:

What you saying likes. :seething:

:lol:

Aww man, I really hope I get a ticket. :(

rambothejambo

You really dont know me do you? Kilts and strips are just not me dear. At 53 I'll hardly be chanting the above said :lol:

Eggo,

Who are you trying to kid with the "it's no me chanting that offensive song officer" routine!! Hope your'e keeping well, is the likes of Scott h

and that going down as well? I'm still waiting on a potentially good ticket source so hopefully see you down there.

Gaz Kellet.

scott herbertson

Where do London Hearts drink can they not lay on a spread for us, a couple of sannys and a sausage roll each should do the trick ?

prawn sarnies darn sarth, mate

We meet anywhere there is alcohol to be found

Find it funny that some are mocking the idea of fans congregating together for a few beers and a sing song. It's exactly what happens on every away Euro tie. Braga, Bordeaux, and Prague most recently spring to mind!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

eh? Edumacate this Englisher please.

He means that if he partakes in a few to many Shandy's, he may fall over and reveal his tiny little tallywacker so he won't be wearing a Kilt !

Why would you travel all that way to stand in the street drinking bottles/cans of beer? Why would you do that when there are a million different places you can go for beer?

Just, why?

Never had a pint inside a boozer pre match on a european trip, inside the boozer is for day before and day after. All imo.

Find it funny that some are mocking the idea of fans congregating together for a few beers and a sing song. It's exactly what happens on every away Euro tie. Braga, Bordeaux, and Prague most recently spring to mind!

Just what I was thinking. No idea why people are so concerned it's going to turn into some sort of "jock-fest" when that's never happened before.

A few thousand Hearts fans in London? We'll be singing Hearts songs most likely.

A meeting place will probably evolve naturally as it did in Zagreb and even last summer when we were down in the other capital for the Millwall game. Trafalgar Square will presumably be mobbed with tourists in the height of summer so we'd be better finding a collection of boozers near to whatever trainline will get us to WHL.

Eggo,

Who are you trying to kid with the "it's no me chanting that offensive song officer" routine!! Hope your'e keeping well, is the likes of Scott h

and that going down as well? I'm still waiting on a potentially good ticket source so hopefully see you down there.

Gaz Kellet.

Im fine Gary, not spoke to Scott yet..get me a ticket and ill buy your drink all day and im no jokin :thumbsup:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Just what I was thinking. No idea why people are so concerned it's going to turn into some sort of "jock-fest" when that's never happened before.

A few thousand Hearts fans in London? We'll be singing Hearts songs most likely.

A meeting place will probably evolve naturally as it did in Zagreb and even last summer when we were down in the other capital for the Millwall game. Trafalgar Square will presumably be mobbed with tourists in the height of summer so we'd be better finding a collection of boozers near to whatever trainline will get us to WHL.

too senseable and boring , ye take a carry oot

or would you rather go to Albert Square

Correctamundo...to many knitting club members going :whistling:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Correctamundo...to many knitting club members going :whistling:

& whisper it ( wimen )

winston churchill

Having been on 15 european trips watching the hearts.I have never once hung around outside some fake plastic irish pub or any daft square.

watching grown men in football tops and a skirt is just not on.

I'm a grown man who will proudly be wearing his Hearts shirt. I've been on 17 away Euro trips and NEVER see more than a handful of guys with kilts on so these kilt wearers must have been only on those trips I couldn't make!

If we are lucky enough to get a lovely sunny day then inside a boozer is the last place I want to be. Having an ice cold beer outside in the sunshine it will be for me.

I'll be at Trafalgar.

Police will be fine as they were when the TA was down for the Brazil game. As long as the UJ brigade don't show up and try to turn into a 'lets be havin' you' event then it'll be fine.

Find a pub, with space to spill outside and an off licence close, just like Basil, one of the best prematch European get togethers.

I'd much rather find somewhere without the need to queue for an hour to get a beer, whilst still with enough Hearts fans to create some atmosphere.

Mr Loverman

I'd much rather find somewhere without the need to queue for an hour to get a beer, whilst still with enough Hearts fans to create some atmosphere.

I wholeheartedly agree! :thumbsup:

Find a pub, with space to spill outside and an off licence close, just like Basil, one of the best prematch European get togethers.

Twas a wee bit chilly though.

:woot:

These two together pretty much sum it up.

An area with a few pubs, an off licence, some outdoor space and Hearts fans!

These two together pretty much sum it up.

An area with a few pubs, an off licence, some outdoor space and Hearts fans!

Preferably with enough room to kick a ball about.

Some pished boy trying to be clever with one outside the Bulldog, before falling flat on his arse in front of everybody was one of the highlights of Dinamo Zagreb.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Hearts strip, hearts tartan kilt and a pair of white converse, slick mick!

chester copperpot

Preferably with enough room to kick a ball about.

Some pished boy trying to be clever with one outside the Bulldog, before falling flat on his arse in front of everybody was one of the highlights of Dinamo Zagreb.

:lol:

Same thing happened in Old Town square in Prague IIRC.

Archived