Lasley should have been booked not Black thread

Hambone

Sorry, but if you saw that, get your eyes tested. Go on the bbc Highlights and pause it at 2.44m, you can clearly see that black has opened up his body to side foot the ball, not once does he go in with a straight leg. People saying this pish need to give it a rest.

He does look like he is going to pass and gets hacked down.:whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqdL4D8yWc

should be ok now :rolleyes:

FFS Thats the 1st time i have seen that,

Couldnt watch the highlights

That was Blacks ball all the way , only one player slid in and it wasnt Black

:(

Lasley rolled about like someone had bitten off his left bollock, what a cheating ******.

J Cheever Loophole

Your hardly going in to "do" someone with your eye on the ball and your leading foot shaped for a pass!

"Free the Fir Park One"

Johanes de Silentio

To the blinkered, it looks like Black goes over the ball to foul Lasley.

What actually happens is that Black goes to play the ball with the inside of his foot, but Lasley slides in, and gets to the ball first.

Accidental collision - no action required.

But, from the referee's angle, it looks bad, and he makes a decision that arguably costs us (at least) a point.

However, by 5 O'Clock, Richard Gordon has made up his mind that it's a disgraceful challenge by Black, and broadcasts this to the nation.

Therefore, Black is guilty - bang to rights.

What actually happens is that Black goes to play the ball with the inside of his foot, but Lasley slides in, and gets to the ball first.

But, from the referee's angle, it looks bad, and he makes a decision that arguably costs us (at least) a point.

However, by 5 O'Clock, Richard Gordon has made up his mind that it's a disgraceful challenge by Black, and broadcasts this to the nation.

Yeah i heard that muppet SCREAMING !! about it on Sunday

:angry:

WeeToonJambo

That clip shows exactly what I saw from my vantage point. When I saw the red card coming out I was sure it was for Lasley. I was astounded when Black was sent off. The fact that Lasley feigned serious injury, supported admirably by his team mates calling for urgent medical attention, helped the referee make up his mind. Of course, Lasley then got to his feet and walked to the by-line without even a semblance of a limp. The ref was conned and I don't understand why we are not appealing.

I think it was possibly a tad harsh.

I dont think its as 'obvious' as some folk are making out.

I do think its one of those that could really have gone either way.

I dont think its a blatant enough error by the ref to warrant an appeal - mostly due to the fact its entirely open to interpretation.

I do think it was a 'silly' challenge to make.

I dont think Black does himself any favours.

I do think his reputation IS starting to precede him in the same way Miko was tarred with the diving brush.

yeah and sandy clark also saying black had no intention going for the ball ..what a prat

The Treasurer

I think it was possibly a tad harsh.

I dont think its as 'obvious' as some folk are making out.

I do think its one of those that could really have gone either way.

I dont think its a blatant enough error by the ref to warrant an appeal - mostly due to the fact its entirely open to interpretation.

I do think it was a 'silly' challenge to make.

I dont think Black does himself any favours.

I do think his reputation IS starting to precede him in the same way Miko was tarred with the diving brush.

Agree with all of this.

In fairness to the ref, from his angle it probably looked worse than it was and Lasley's reaction didn't help.

Black hasn't helped himself over the years but since he dared to tackle Jelvic he has been changed from a "tough tackling commited player" to being labelled a thug.

This will undoubtably have influenced the ref.

The OF fans in my office were convinced of his guilt without having even seen the incident based purely on the fact that it was Black

Never a card not even a yellow, how anyone can see any sending off offence from this excellent video clip would need a strong imagination. Definate appeal and possibly ask for an apology as well.

Mac_fae_Gillie

tHat has got to be appealed,

Its another mark on Blacks name if nothing else so dragging past the refs eyes should clear his name.

From that angle the question is what has Black done wrong at all except get taken out by a lunging attack on the ball.

Can't even seen how he could fall differently to avoid landing on laskey.If anything Black could of ended up with bad twist on knee or ankle.

I don't think it was a red but a booking for Lasley is pushing it! Doesn't matter what Blackie was going in to do, he got there late and therefore caught Lasley. It's a yellow card. I agree Lasley's reaction and that of the Well players was disgraceful but it seems the done thing against us. I've no doubt managers tell their sides to get on the ref's side against us as they know there is some prejudice when it comes to us.

That said, I think the biggest factor in the red card was the ref's angle. It probably looked like Black did Lasley with his left foot. Totally wrong as Blackie, if anything, does his utmost to keep his left away from contact.

The most important thing when talking about this decision, for me, is Lasley's yellow card for the foul on Mrowiec at 2m50s in the below video. This is as bad - maybe worse - than Black's challenge. What I like, and I think this is important, is the reaction of our players to it. The ref is allowed to get on with the decision. How often do you see our players surround a ref?? For the team with the worst discipline in the SPL, I actually think we're very restrained. We've seen teams do it to us all the time. Generally when our players are fouled (and some of the fouls on Temps and Black in particular are mingin), we let the ref do his job. When our players commit a foul, the refs seem under great pressure to do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuUGVZB9shM&feature=player_detailpage

I don't think it was a red but a booking for Lasley is pushing it! Doesn't matter what Blackie was going in to do, he got there late and therefore caught Lasley. It's a yellow card. I agree Lasley's reaction and that of the Well players was disgraceful but it seems the done thing against us. I've no doubt managers tell their sides to get on the ref's side against us as they know there is some prejudice when it comes to us.

That said, I think the biggest factor in the red card was the ref's angle. It probably looked like Black did Lasley with his left foot. Totally wrong as Blackie, if anything, does his utmost to keep his left away from contact.

The most important thing when talking about this decision, for me, is Lasley's yellow card for the foul on Mrowiec at 2m50s in the below video. This is as bad - maybe worse - than Black's challenge. What I like, and I think this is important, is the reaction of our players to it. The ref is allowed to get on with the decision. How often do you see our players surround a ref?? For the team with the worst discipline in the SPL, I actually think we're very restrained. We've seen teams do it to us all the time. Generally when our players are fouled (and some of the fouls on Temps and Black in particular are mingin), we let the ref do his job. When our players commit a foul, the refs seem under great pressure to do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuUGVZB9shM&feature=player_detailpage

Just watched the Beeb highlights for the first time and the initial thing that struck me is precisely what you point out i.e Blacks offence looked no worse than the one Lasley did on Mrowiec.

Alas Black has gained this rep with officials and opposing fans and while he does deserve much not all the cautions he gets. He is a victim of his reputation but also a player who is offended against with frequent regularity but doesnt squeel like some.

I thought the ref had a good first half but the Lasley decision at the end aside gave them almost everything therafter, Black certainly looks to be set to pass until Lasley launches himself and creates the collison IMO

is that really the tackle black got sent off for. (i've refused to watch the low high lights from the game). If so the ref should be very embarrassed at that

heartsfc_fan

After watching the footage again and again. I'd agree. It was very harsh.

Lasleys play acting and his team mates reaction got Black sent off.

Francis Albert

The ref clearly made a mistake, if an understandable one from his angle.

Yet based on the hysterical BBC over-reaction (Richard Gordon's was particularly awful), JKB'ers were queuing up to lynch Black, and accusing anyone who expressed a desire to actually see the incident before condemning him of defending the indefensible.

Morgaro Gomis

The ref clearly made a mistake, if an understandable one from his angle.

Yet based on the hysterical BBC over-reaction (Richard Gordon's was particularly awful), JKB'ers were queuing up to lynch Black, and accusing anyone who expressed a desire to actually see the incident before condemning him of defending the indefensible.

Correct. I was one of these people who wanted to wait and see the incident before trying to lynch Black. Now that I have, I can safely say that although I feel it was the incorrect decision - taking into account the speed of the challenge, the slippery surface, Blacks reputation and Lasleys play acting - I can understand why the ref sent him off, therefore, I dont think we should appeal.

Pretty sure I was accused of being one of Black's 'clients' because I wouldnt join the "Black GTF" bandwagon before witnessing the incident for myself. :lol:

Red card handed out to wrong player!

Absolutely agree the wrong player received the red card. Even from my position in the top tier, I thought the card was for Lasley.

I look forward to his apology for engineering the dismissal of a fellow professional.

This weekend, Richard Gordon will surely clarify his mistake and rescind his over the top comments and reaction ? yeah.

Hearts should appeal.

Boab Mugabe

The hysteria towards Black's tackle would not have been present if it was Scott Brown who had made the exact same challenge.

The hysteria towards Black's tackle would not have been present if it was Scott Brown who had made the exact same challenge.

Oh there would have been plenty hysteria. All aimed at the ref and he'd never have reffed Celtic again.

I've just emailed RIchard Gordon via Sportsound :

"For Richard Gordon

Richard - do you still believe Ian Black's red card was totally justified, along with no action against Lasley, when you see the incident from this angle ?

Does Black look as if he is going to tackle, foul or pass ?

Thanks"

(I know, I know ... won't reply ... so what ... too late ... blah blah. I fear Blackie is the new Miko)

Where is the contact with Lasleys left leg, after all that is the one he is holding . The reaction of the Well players added but the refs angle didnt help.

I dont understand why a panel dont look at every red card awarded and deceide at a later date if it is warranted. Although even that wouldnt help us going by past appeals.

It would also be interesting to see how many times Black is fouled and how many times he is the culprit. He has been on the end of a few bad ones. The jellyfoot incident has given him most of the rep and although it was bad it wasnt the worst tackle we have seen.

Archived