All London football matches cancelled (merged threads)

Cow

J Cheever Loophole

Met Police have ordered clubs to cancel all games for time being

Guest juvehearts

we should all riot till our key players are fit worth doing five years in jail for imo

no just no

go to bed son

we should all riot till our key players are fit worth doing five years in jail for imo

Read your post again in the morning & then apologize for your stupidity.

Only a Game

how many games is that gonae affect?

juve

None until Saturday according to Sky Sports Live fixture list. Then Spurs, QPR and Fulham all due to be at home in the EPL.

If Spurs is off on Saturday, Tynecastle will be their first competitive game of the season. Every little advantage helps I suppose.

No chance of the second leg, not going ahead surely ( And if it does get cancelled, whats the position with the tie - if anyone knows)

its to late for analyzing my post im out in the street with a bottle in my hand lets have it :verymad:

Don't do it.....face it, our players will never be fit.

J Cheever Loophole

how many games is that gonae affect?

juve

Never stated how many games this would affect,it maybe a measure to prevent gatherings of Youths in even greater numbers.

Footballfirst

London area games on Saturday

The League 1 and 2 games shouldn't be a problem, but if police resources are stretched then and there are concerns about the overtime bills then we may see more postponements

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Barclays Premier League

Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00

QPR v Bolton, 15:00

Tottenham v Everton, 15:00

Npower Championship

Crystal Palace v Burnley, 15:00

Millwall v Nott'm Forest, 15:00

Watford v Derby, 15:00

Npower League One

Leyton Orient v Tranmere, 15:00

Npower League Two

Barnet v Port Vale, 15:00

Crawley Town v Macclesfield, 15:00

Dag & Red v AFC Wimbledon, 15:00

London area games on Saturday

The League 1 and 2 games shouldn't be a problem, but if police resources are stretched then and there are concerns about the overtime bills then we may see more postponements

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Barclays Premier League

Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00

QPR v Bolton, 15:00

Tottenham v Everton, 15:00

Npower Championship

Crystal Palace v Burnley, 15:00

Millwall v Nott'm Forest, 15:00

Watford v Derby, 15:00

Npower League One

Leyton Orient v Tranmere, 15:00

Npower League Two

Barnet v Port Vale, 15:00

Crawley Town v Macclesfield, 15:00

Dag & Red v AFC Wimbledon, 15:00

Carling cup this midweek as well

Not sure what London clubs are at home , i know West Ham is off

Footballfirst

Three games on Tuesday

Crystal Palace v Crawley

Charlton v Reading

West ham v Aldershot

CavySlaveJambo

Charlton-Reading is off, so that leaves Crystal Palace yet to declare if the match is off.

Also potentially off is England-Netherlands on Weds.

Ecce Romanov

None until Saturday according to Sky Sports Live fixture list. Then Spurs, QPR and Fulham all due to be at home in the EPL.

If Spurs is off on Saturday, Tynecastle will be their first competitive game of the season. Every little advantage helps I suppose.

No chance of the second leg, not going ahead surely ( And if it does get cancelled, whats the position with the tie - if anyone knows)

That's an advantage I wouldn't want. I'd far rather it stops and the Sat games can go ahead. All very depressing

Never stated how many games this would affect,it maybe a measure to prevent gatherings of Youths in even greater numbers.

I think its more likely to be the fact that they wont have any spare police to cover the games as they will be dealing with the rioting.

Wonder if it will get worse tonight and keep spreading. Unbelievable scenes watching Sky news last night.

maroonshrew

That's an advantage I wouldn't want. I'd far rather it stops and the Sat games can go ahead. All very depressing

Agreed but even if it stops, the clean up, fall out, post arrests and aftermath will be felt by the police for some time

It will depend on what happens next couple of nights and whether Cameron decides on curfu/troops. Highly unlikely that game in two weeks time will be affected. You never know, may play at neutral venue.

Fort Vallance

Wish last Sunday's had been off !

Francis Albert

Why just football? Will rugby and cricket matches be affected? Cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, bars? Major shopping centres?

Why just football? Will rugby and cricket matches be affected? Cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, bars? Major shopping centres?

It'll be as much a resources thing as a large groups of people thing. Football takes up a lot of manpower and I'd imagine they'd want extra policing at games and around groung should they go ahead. It just doesn't seem viable.

Rugby seems less likely to attract that type of thing and I'd imagine generaly police numbers present at rugby matches is dwarfed by football. Police numbers in general will be much much higher across the city, and that will cover population centres such as shopping centres, cinema comlpexes etc.

This isn't football being victimised.

Francis Albert

It'll be as much a resources thing as a large groups of people thing. Football takes up a lot of manpower and I'd imagine they'd want extra policing at games and around groung should they go ahead. It just doesn't seem viable.

Rugby seems less likely to attract that type of thing and I'd imagine generaly police numbers present at rugby matches is dwarfed by football. Police numbers in general will be much much higher across the city, and that will cover population centres such as shopping centres, cinema comlpexes etc.

This isn't football being victimised.

Sorry, but football always seems to me to be the knee jerk target. If there is a bit of ice on the pavements, cancel the football.

It sets a terrible precedent for the Olympics. A few hundred anarchists and yobs can toss a few bricks through windows and set fire to a bus and a couple of cars in Stratford next July and the multi-billion pound investment goes phut?

Sorry, but football always seems to me to be the knee jerk target. If there is a bit of ice on the pavements, cancel the football.

It sets a terrible precedent for the Olympics. A few hundred anarchists and yobs can toss a few bricks through windows and set fire to a bus and a couple of cars in Stratford next July and the multi-billion pound investment goes phut?

They can't afford police numbers for the games, FA. It can't have been a hard decision for a massively stretched force.

London will welcome the money 4-5000 outsiders will spend when we are down. London will want to show it is business as usual after things calm down especially with the olympics on the horizon. Think a lot of foreign tourists will be rethinking their plans just now.

Francis Albert

Take this back. London is in full scale retreat in face of the thugs and looters. Local shops in leafy suburbia being closed and removing their stock on police advice, restaurants and bars closing on police advice. Of course no police presence whatsoever (except a fat Community Police officer dishing out leaflets) in these supposedly threatened streets. What the Luftwaffe failed to do seems to have been achieved by a bunch of hoodies.

Archived