To the good people of Tottenham

david mcgee

The way to deal with these feral ****nuggets is to use the only language they understand...landmines

As for bringing in the army, that takes things to a whole new level, something that's approaching martial law. It will also set a precedent for future disturbance that I think we would do well to avoid. The army is trained for many things, including peacekeeping, but deploying them into a civil disturbance in their home country is not one of them. Anyone remember a little trip that the Para's had into Ireland one day way back when?

Much better to let the police deal with it as they see fit, if that's horses and water cannons, or armoured cars, tear gas and rubber bullets then so be it. Give them Carte Blanche and let them knock seven shades of shit out of these arseholes.

graeme

Feckin vermin. :verymad:

Why are these idiots not being shot in the street?

Do they have to start killing folk before the police start doing something?

Given the UK gov has been lecturing the Arab countries on how to deal with their protesters then I would imagine they will be doing feck all beyond containment with these rioters.

The cynical in me also wonders if with police cuts whether they may be doing as much as they can or saying...if we had more money, we could have sorted this out.

Nookie Bear

Used to live in Brixton mate (Tulse Hill then Gresham Road). Scary stuff. As much as it looks a bit hairy at times, Brixton's a great place full of real people. This shit is horrific.

It's what you get when a nation of people are constantly shat on. 99% of people don't give a shit about the nation's "economy". They just want to be able to live. Bankers and politicians bumming people in the ass at every turn is only going to lead to resentment to the establishment. And then the fuse wire is lit, just waiting for the bang. Lats week's shooting has done it.

The rioters are the scum of the earth, but jump up a few classes and we're all being looted.

As for those gloating about how lovely Edinburgh is. The feeling is spreading and can you guarantee that Glasgow and Eindburgh won't see some action? Grow up. It's funny saying funny things on the internet. Go on, say something really racist, go on, it'll be funny.

(caveat: Borat's post was funny)

I agree. So why not attack banks and the establishment buildings?

Are Greggs part of the establishment? Family-run grocers?

I agree there is resentment (and I can sympathise with their anger) and some of the protestors can probably articulate their feelings, but lets not try and turn these chavs into political warriors.

p.s. the 'Edinburgh is lovely' stuff is just banter......we all know about the sh1tty parts of Edinburgh and we all know how amazing London can be.

portobellojambo1

Last week's shooting has done it.

Last week's shooting, whether justified or not, is being used as nothing more than an excuse for what they are doing. The actions that have taken place since Thursday have got feck all connection with someone getting shot in Tottenham. Those carrying out this mindless violence don't have the brain capacity to realise that, hence they use it as an excuse in the hope some will show them pity, which they don't deserve.

Life is hard, it has always been hard, normal people deal with it and move on. Only mindless thugs act in this way, and mindless thugs should be dealt with accordingly.

I wonder how many of them actually know who Mark Duggan was?

Bunch of arseholes the lot of them, hopefully David will lift whatever is stopping the police from taking more serious action.

ernie winchester

And if you could chuck us a free telly when we get down to Tottenham, that'd be great ta :thumbsup:

:4_1_72: ...class!

I agree. So why not attack banks and the establishment buildings?

Are Greggs part of the establishment? Family-run grocers?

I agree there is resentment (and I can sympathise with their anger) and some of the protestors can probably articulate their feelings, but lets not try and turn these chavs into political warriors.

p.s. the 'Edinburgh is lovely' stuff is just banter......we all know about the sh1tty parts of Edinburgh and we all know how amazing London can be.

Last week's shooting, whether justified or not, is being used as nothing more than an excuse for what they are doing. The actions that have taken place since Thursday have got feck all connection with someone getting shot in Tottenham. Those carrying out this mindless violence don't have the brain capacity to realise that, hence they use it as an excuse in the hope some will show them pity, which they don't deserve.

Life is hard, it has always been hard, normal people deal with it and move on. Only mindless thugs act in this way, and mindless thugs should be dealt with accordingly.

Lads, you are both 100% spot on. I'm not excusing a thing.

These people are idiots, pure and simple. They aren't warriors, they aren't even politically charged. What I'm saying is that government (they let the banks etc do as they do) created a powderkeg. It was never going to go off in the right direction as those likely to go off don't have the brain capacity to either organise or understand that type of thing. All I'm doing is putting together (as much in my own head as anything) what can lead to such disgusting scenes.

edit: And they aren't protesting a police shooting - but that was what lit the touch paper.

Nookie Bear

Lads, you are both 100% spot on. I'm not excusing a thing.

These people are idiots, pure and simple. They aren't warriors, they aren't even politically charged. What I'm saying is that government (they let the banks etc do as they do) created a powderkeg. It was never going to go off in the right direction as those likely to go off don't have the brain capacity to either organise or understand that type of thing. All I'm doing is putting together (as much in my own head as anything) what can lead to such disgusting scenes.

edit: And they aren't protesting a police shooting - but that was what lit the touch paper.

Fair point - the government - or perhaps more correctly, a succession of governments - has created the environment where certain political groups (BNP) can thrive and try to mobilise those who want an outlet for their anger.

Gregory House M.D.

Passin through Auld Reekie this very minute, not a Tipped bin, Fire, Policeman, broken window or masked hoody to be seen. :verysmug: :verysmug:

Buffalo Bill

Instead of punishing the looters, I think we should hug a hoodie, form focus groups and encourage them to talk about their feelings.

Fair point - the government - or perhaps more correctly, a succession of governments - has created the environment where certain political groups (BNP) can thrive and try to mobilise those who want an outlet for their anger.

The news would indicate the rioters are from ethnic groups that the BNP wouldn't be too fond of.

christ ,my old shop tescos on bethnal green road been done now.....

davids a big softy back there,but we do wish you all the best lads

i think we know who it is that are at it,dont we

get the fakn water cannons on em

Unfortunately, unless they wander into Belfast, water cannons aren't licensed to be used on the mainland.

Gregory House M.D.

Unfortunately, unless they wander into Belfast, water cannons aren't licensed to be used on the mainland.

Let the army practice on moving targets. None of this water cannon shite.

Passin through Auld Reekie this very minute, not a Tipped bin, Fire, Policeman, broken window or masked hoody to be seen. :verysmug: :verysmug:

This smug pish is wearing thin.

Nookie Bear

The news would indicate the rioters are from ethnic groups that the BNP wouldn't be too fond of.

Aye, I wasn't suggesting the BNP are involved in this, I just meant that extremist groups seize on times like this tp whip up support.

whats teh point of sending troops to Afghanistan when they could be shooting these morans here

No put the aunts in the Army and send them to Aghanistan!

Instead of punishing the looters, I think we should hug a hoodie, form focus groups and encourage them to talk about their feelings.

It's a Proctologists dream place down there....

Gregory House M.D.

This smug pish is wearing thin.

:verysmug::ninja::lol:

The Hearts were coming down to have a great party and i hope it still can be.

The mindless vandalism, fireraising and anarchy must be scaring you shitless.

Even watching it from afar is scary.

I hope you all stay safe and look forward to sharing a beer with you, i am sure the Hearts fans will show you the respect you deserve.

great post

maroonshrew

:verysmug::ninja::lol:

A post with absolutely no meaning. Brilliant. Im guessing you dont like London? Or youre enjoying their plight? either way, very classy.

Exactly BB, the public are the reason why our own police force cannot deal with these animals in the way they should be dealt with, we have created a society where what is expected is we should show pity for those who commit mindless crimes, not offend them in any way. What should be done cannot be done because then the PC public would complain, and more laws would be passed to protect the shit of society.

I was part of the PC public that horrified when a police dog mauled an innocent football fan and his fellow officers covered it up. Careful what you wish for when you give the Met carte Blanche. Teresa May's statement this morning was a joke, I'm guessing people in NI are somewhat confused.

Gregory House M.D.

A post with absolutely no meaning. Brilliant. Im guessing you dont like London? Or youre enjoying their plight? either way, very classy.

:lol: Try reading the posts. I have nothing against London it's just a joke.

Londons plight :vrface:

maroonshrew

:lol: Try reading the posts. I have nothing against London it's just a joke.

Londons plight :vrface:

Yes plight. Not the city but the people in it. I dont think its dramatic to say that. People are scared to leave work or to go out their front door. Local businesses being destroyed.

Someone mentioning a free telly is a joke. I laughed. You are just coming across pretty poorly in this thread.

Seeing as this thread has feck all to do with football, the Terrace isn't the place for it.

linkin- hearts

are we joining celtic in some kind of solidarity / mourning / sympathy / victim event?

Well if sympathising with fellow human beings who are enduring night after night of mindless thuggery means i'm a celtic supporter then paint me ginger and call me Lennon :yucky:

maroonshrew

Seeing as this thread has feck all to do with football, the Terrace isn't the place for it.

very true. Difficult not to reply though.

Gregory House M.D.

Yes plight. Not the city but the people in it. I dont think its dramatic to say that. People are scared to leave work or to go out their front door. Local businesses being destroyed.

Someone mentioning a free telly is a joke. I laughed. You are just coming across pretty poorly in this thread.

I was having a laugh! The only person coming across badly is you, Piling in as if i've just shat on someones memory when in all reality I posted a few pictures and said Edinburgh looked nice.

[mod edit]

The Hearts were coming down to have a great party and i hope it still can be.

The mindless vandalism, fireraising and anarchy must be scaring you shitless.

Even watching it from afar is scary.

I hope you all stay safe and look forward to sharing a beer with you, i am sure the Hearts fans will show you the respect you deserve.

Nice sentiment from the OP.

I'll still be coming to London, let's hope it's back to business as usual for Tottenham by then. thumbsup.gif

Well if sympathising with fellow human beings who are enduring night after night of mindless thuggery means i'm a celtic supporter then paint me ginger and call me Lennon :yucky:

Stop now please!...just STOP!!

is any1 really surprised that this is happening im not quite sure why people are shocked this was always going to happen this thread better not turn into a who can be the most morally outraged yes its shocking whats happening the police should just be given permission to go in and beat the shite outta them

Hector Riva

26 extra forces helping out in London tonight.

I think its gonna kick off elsewhere bigtime.

Watchout Birmingham im thinking.

Gotta catch these guys above ^^^^^^^^^^^ Scum!

As a serving cop i can tell you how much officers down there want to deal with this situation. However unlike the feral stealing violent little neds we have to deal with, the Police are drowning in a mire of human rights legislation, rules and regulations and a complaints culture. Hopefully its all sorted out in time for thousands of happy jambos to descend on London and show people how to have a good time :-)

is any1 really surprised that this is happening im not quite sure why people are shocked this was always going to happen this thread better not turn into a who can be the most morally outraged yes its shocking whats happening the police should just be given permission to go in and beat the shite outta them

That's the problem, we've just had the Home Secretary say they won't use the Army, water cannons etc, because in this country we police by consent. WTF!!!

Are these hooligans gonna sit down to tea and biscuits with their local police officer and listen to the error of their ways?

A short, sharp shock is what's needed to restore public order (and confidence) or these thugs will continue to to endanger the lives of ordinary people knowing the politicians and MET are to afraid of negative public opinion to use the necessary force to re-claim the streets.

That's the problem, we've just had the Home Secretary say they won't use the Army, water cannons etc, because in this country we police by consent. WTF!!!

Are these hooligans gonna sit down to tea and biscuits with their local police officer and listen to the error of their ways?

A short, sharp shock is what's needed to restore public order (and confidence) or these thugs will continue to to endanger the lives of ordinary people knowing the politicians and MET are to afraid of negative public opinion to use the necessary force to re-claim the streets.

this is spot on ffs the system is far too pc

linkin- hearts

If my previous post in this thread appeared frivolous I'm sorry as it wasn't intended to be, I really do sympathise with the people these riots are affecting, and I hope a swift and suitable outcome follows soon. Just one thing I'd like to ask which may seem a bit callous under the circumstances but if Hearts cannot play the Spurs game because of these riots would we be awarded the tie or would Uefa let them postpone the game and play it at a later date?

Fozzyonthefence

If my previous post in this thread appeared frivolous I'm sorry as it wasn't intended to be, I really do sympathise with the people these riots are affecting, and I hope a swift and suitable outcome follows soon. Just one thing I'd like to ask which may seem a bit callous under the circumstances but if Hearts cannot play the Spurs game because of these riots would we be awarded the tie or would Uefa let them postpone the game and play it at a later date?

I would imagine that if the circumstances don't improve the game may have to get moved to somewhere else in England. Sounds like the local police force doesn't have the resources at the moment to deal with a football match on top of all the shit that is going on there. Don't know if there will be scope for a postponement - how long til the next round after the 2nd leg?

RoussetsShorts

oh for gods sake, man up. This isn' t the end of the world, this isn't the end of humanity. It's a few hundred bams going wild for a few days. In the grand scheme of things its utterly meaningless. By next week the media will have forgotten it even happened and get back on Murdoch's case again.

Don't worry, you are safe and you can leave the house.

Bunch of pant wetters on here the day.

coatbridgejambo

whats teh point of sending troops to Afghanistan when they could be shooting these morans here

fu**** A thumbsup.gif

babertonjambo

Im pretty sure we could cherry pick some horrific photos of Edinburgh too

Like this do you mean? ...

post-1853-0-40358300-1312900900_thumb.jpg

Archived