Embarrassing!

Tenor

I am always looking on the bright side, but out of curiosity I wanted to see what every other team's stats were in terms of games without a win in the SPL, and it doesn't make pretty reading:

CELTIC 0

HIBS 0

MOTHERWELL 0

RANGERS 0

DUNDEE UTD 1

ST.MIRREN 1

ABERDEEN 3

INVERNESS CT 3

ST.JOHNSTONE 3

DUNFERMLINE 4

KILMARNOCK 10

HEARTS 11

You can dress it up any way you like, by saying it's all about the teams we've played etc. and playing top 6 opponents last season. But THAT is ******* embarrassing!

I still believe that we will finish 3rd this season, but with each game it's becoming even more difficult!

If YOU were Sergio, what would you do?

Charlie-Brown

Stop playing 3 defensively minded midfielders like Mrowiec, Black & Hamill as our central midfield as they will create next to nothing in an attacking sense. It should be one of these players as a degfensive midfielder with 2 more attacking or creative players beside them (from Skacel, Taouil, Stevenson, Holt, Robinson etc)

heartsfc_fan

I am always looking on the bright side, but out of curiosity I wanted to see what every other team's stats were in terms of games without a win in the SPL, and it doesn't make pretty reading:

CELTIC 0

HIBS 0

MOTHERWELL 0

RANGERS 0

DUNDEE UTD 1

ST.MIRREN 1

ABERDEEN 3

INVERNESS CT 3

ST.JOHNSTONE 3

DUNFERMLINE 4

KILMARNOCK 10

HEARTS 11

You can dress it up any way you like, by saying it's all about the teams we've played etc. and playing top 6 opponents last season. But THAT is ******* embarrassing!

I still believe that we will finish 3rd this season, but with each game it's becoming even more difficult!

Pretty shambolic really.

For the stattos out there. When was the last time we had a record like this?

mahgrassyshoes

Stop playing 3 defensively minded midfielders like Mrowiec, Black & Hamill as our central midfield as they will create next to nothing in an attacking sense. It should be one of these players as a degfensive midfielder with 2 more attacking or creative players beside them (from Skacel, Taouil, Stevenson, Holt, Robinson etc)

Absolutely agree. The centre of midfield is a long standing problem, and if Holt/ Robinson are not the solution to our lack of creativity then we have to look to bring someone in.

Steady petal, even more difficult?, we're 3 games into the bloody season

I can remember starting almost as poorly last season as anyone who was at Tynie when we got humped of Motherwell will agree and as I recall we still finished 3rd

If the form is still the same in October then it's a cause to be worried

The Old Tolbooth

The reason why we changed manager, give the new man some time and our season may well get back on track again. :thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt

I would hazard a guess at the 98/99 season - there was a period before Christmas we were all over the shop. Mind you, 11 games without a win is a shambles.

I just hope Mr Sergio is given a free reign to move on/bring in who he needs. By that I don't mean interference from above, but to move players on etc is easier said and done, as well as being very ballsy at this point of the season.

cardboardcutout

The main concern should be that for all the money the club spends on our squad we are no better than mwell/dutd or even as good as them!

There is a gulf between us and the rest in terms of budget and yet we look very ordinary, guys like jonsson and templeton look either dodgy or easily put out a game.

Black is a liability imo and we havent scored a goal from open play in the premier league in three games!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I'm not embarrassed at all.

When we get back on track and start playing again I wont be gloating either.

Its called Karma :thumbsup:

Have faith...Paulo has it sopt on. he has been here 5 minutes and identified a problem that has existed for a long time at hearts.

"When challenged with the question of what he feels his team is lacking the most, the gaffer was honest, saying: "We need more confidence with the ball. There has to be more mobility, more players wanting the ball. In the first half, we lost the ball so much, and no one wanted the ball. Our players are running all around the pitch, but with no ball. The basic things in football are what we must improve on"

Put your foot on the ball and look up?

Too many times we panic, run about like headless chickens and make rash decisions. I think it sounds like paulo can see this and he's right. It's basic football. The players need to learn the basics. If they can adapt to what Paulo wants then we can play most teams of the park as SPL team generally can't handle a slick passing footballing team but then again do we have the player to implement this type of football? I think we have a few but need some new blood otherwise some good slick football will only be available in patches.

Not give a **** about the opinions of a bunch of no-marks on the internet.

There is no 3rd force in Scottish football. and hasn't been for a long time.

Apart from:

3rd highest attendances

3rd highest league position

3rd highest wage pill

3rd best attraction to any player

:)

Do agree with the embarrassing part though, and unless we win on Saturday it's going to get a lot worse, frustrations from the sidelines will kick in and no we a complete lack of professionals at the club who can get us through it. We desperately need Kyle. Players who won't hide or make rash challenges.

Apart from:

3rd highest attendances

3rd highest league position

3rd highest wage pill

3rd best attraction to any player

:)

Do agree with the embarrassing part though, and unless we win on Saturday it's going to get a lot worse, frustrations from the sidelines will kick in and no we a complete lack of professionals at the club who can get us through it. We desperately need Kyle. Players who won't hide or make rash challenges.

they're all correct. but a 3rd 'Force' wouldn't have won 2 trophies in 50 years. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd (to a lesser extent)were the last teams to be a regular challenge outside of Glasgow, and that was nearly 30 years ago.

we're no more a force than anyone outside the OF.

Dr. Bapswent

they're all correct. but a 3rd 'Force' wouldn't have won 2 trophies in 50 years. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd (to a lesser extent)were the last teams to be a regular challenge outside of Glasgow, and that was nearly 30 years ago.

Ok, were not a 3rd Force.....were 10th worst in the SPL.

The main concern should be that for all the money the club spends on our squad we are no better than mwell/dutd or even as good as them!

There is a gulf between us and the rest in terms of budget and yet we look very ordinary, guys like jonsson and templeton look either dodgy or easily put out a game.

Black is a liability imo and we havent scored a goal from open play in the premier league in three games!

I've been saying similar for a long time. For the last 4 seasons Utd have been a better side than us ever since Levein was in charge. They've just sold Goodwillie and they have a replacement ready to step in and another new lad who scored against us last week. Motherwell always seem to be able to find/produce some good players and both pay nowhere near the salaries that Hearts players get. They also know how to get players on loan, something we rarely do. We've no attack from midfield, we also need an out-and-out right-back, competition at left-back a centre-half (or two) and maybe a penalty box striker. Our players generally come through the ranks and stagnate. Look at Elliot, Mole, Hamill(Joe), Glen etc.. All are first division level at best so coaching, scouting and the like are pretty useless. Goodwillie gets a transfer,came into their team later than the likes of Elliot yet we're still stuck with him and others no better than him.

Dr. Bapswent

I've been saying similar for a long time. For the last 4 seasons Utd have been a better side than us ever since Levein was in charge. They've just sold Goodwillie and they have a replacement ready to step in and another new lad who scored against us last week. Motherwell always seem to be able to find/produce some good players and both pay nowhere near the salaries that Hearts players get. They also know how to get players on loan, something we rarely do. We've no attack from midfield, we also need an out-and-out right-back, competition at left-back a centre-half (or two) and maybe a penalty box striker. Our players generally come through the ranks and stagnate. Look at Elliot, Mole, Hamill(Joe), Glen etc.. All are first division level at best so coaching, scouting and the like are pretty useless. Goodwillie gets a transfer,came into their team later than the likes of Elliot yet we're still stuck with him and others no better than him.

We have had a succession of temporary and SPL unfamiliar managers who have underestimated the SPL.

They have believed they can take the SPL with meagre signings - such as Obua.

Not since Janny, Fyssas and Brellier did we sign players who actually were able to outplay the rest of the SPL opposition.

We need a manager who has an eye for such players and the guile to be able to get them and get them playing to their potential...with support of a transfer chest that can afford it.

Without that, we are not much more than slightly better than the rest of the SPL...nothing more.

Hopefully, PS has those attributes...

jamboinglasgow

A new lad at united scored against us last week? Do you mean Jon Daly, the guy who scored in that game and signed for United....in 2007.

Agree and disagree. We haven`t won nearly enough trophies for a club our size...but i`d say we are third strongest because recent history says we are the most consistent outside the OF when it comes to league position. A clear third.....

Maybe we aren`t overly convincing as third strongest like the OF are when it comes to top 2 but we generally end up 3rd more times than anyone else. Its there in black and white.

Levein finished in 9th, 5th and 5th in his time at Dundee United. In those years we were 4th, 8th and 3rd. Despite the nonsense going on at the time at the club.

Agree and disagree. We haven`t won nearly enough trophies for a club our size...but i`d say we are third strongest because recent history says we are the most consistent outside the OF when it comes to league position. A clear third.....

Maybe we aren`t overly convincing as third strongest like the OF are when it comes to top 2 but we generally end up 3rd more times than anyone else. Its there in black and white.

I'm not disputing we're the third biggest team in Scotland. I'm questioning the relative merit of the title. it's on a par with being Dolly Parton's third best asset.

we are not, and have not been since the 50's/60's, a force in Scottish football.

Levein finished in 9th, 5th and 5th in his time at Dundee United. In those years we were 4th, 8th and 3rd. Despite the nonsense going on at the time at the club.

Correct, but its just like Hearts fans to over react a little. You`d think we finished 11th last year by the way some are dissecting the club.

Im not ignoring our problems but it`s borne more out of that i want to see us be better, and at worst, replicate last seasons finish.

And ultimately lift a trophy.

You get Hearts fans raving about Motherwell and Killie(last season) but where did they finish?

I'm not disputing we're the third biggest team in Scotland. I'm questioning the relative merit of the title. it's on a par with being Dolly Parton's third best asset.

we are not, and have not been since the 50's/60's, a force in Scottish football.

agree, but the 3rd `force` phrase was started by the media. I said strongest ;)

Levein was given time, funds and backing from the board at Dundee Utd.

They showed patience and why have won a cup since having spent a lot less money than we have. They have also been a lot more consistent in the past 4 years than we have.

I know I'm banging on about it but what we need is patience and consistency. We need to find a manager, be that Sergio to let come in and develop a side and a legacy.

Sacking managers time after time wipes away all of the good work done by managers. What is the point in letting JJ bring in more players over the summer then work on the team and it's shape for the coming season then completely scrap all this and not expect to be inconsistent?

Rangers have been the most successful side not only in the 90s but in the last 5 years and that is down to finding the correct manager to build a team long term. Manchester United in England equally.

Barca in Spain the same.

Yes but it was him that brought in the likes of Gomis, Bauben, Daly etc and brought through Goodwillie and a few of the other younger players at the time that are now regulars in the 1st team, Houston just took over from him and introduced a few signings that have fitted into the team and made them an enjoyable team to watch in live games.

A new lad at united scored against us last week? Do you mean Jon Daly, the guy who scored in that game and signed for United....in 2007.

Daly scored...correction. I was thinking of the players that Houston said were very good players ready for the 1st team, Jonny Russell and he also raved about Scott Allan. The point is that they bring players through and they seem to progress rather quickly in comparison to some of our lot, same with Motherwell.

To tell the truth this "3rd force" stuff means absolutely HEE HAW and to me being the 1st Force in my own home city means much much more than something that other teams will claim is theirs if they have a good season and finish 3rd.

KillieMitch

I speak as a fan of the team second bottom in that list :whistling: BUT...

I'm never a fan of numbers like that when it comes to football. They can add a lot of unnecessary pressure. When you discuss the numbers alone it sucks all the context out of situations. How many of those games would you have won but for a dodgy penalty, a wonder-goal or some freak mistake. And what about injuries etc? Both Killie and Hearts can put a lot of those stats down to fairly meaningless games and to injuries - you lot were safe in third, we were safe in top six and both teams had huge injury problems.

Its been interesting this week on Sportsound that quite a few of the BBC reporters have revised their opinions on the JJ situation - saying that once they learned about that 14 games without a win run they understood Vlad. I think, personally, that is in fact a wrong approach. Prior to that they were basing their opinion on watching Hearts, on the games this season and the players you have brought in. Suddenly the numbers give an easy explanation. Maybes I'm wrong and JJ was in a complete downward spiral - but I thought he would come good and had put together a decent squad to play his type of football.

maroonlegions

If its the case that has been mentioned on this thread that players "need to learn,grasp or realise the "BASICS"of football then is that not fecking embarrassing enough;"these players are supposed to be professionals for fecks sake and are paid a professional wage;I cannot think in any other line of work where one would get away with not knowing the BASICS of ones fecking job and still get paid and employed as a professional.mind boggling;

unsure.gif

Archived