keith lasley partial to a yellow card

kamac1

28 yellows in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, too many on kickback laid into blackie rather than lasley for getting a fellow professional sent off

Always rated him as a decent SPL player, but let's say he usually knows when to leave the boot in and take one for the team.

Gregory House M.D.

Ian Black is the most fouled player I've ever seen. Ian Black, contrary to poular belief, is NOT a dirty player. Ian Black has only ever been sent-off twice in the SPL. Ian Black, goes in hard once to make his opponent aware he's there, he very rarely does it twice. Think Paul Scholes, without the skill, technique, vision or passing range.

Dr. Bapswent

28 yellows in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, too many on kickback laid into blackie rather than lasley for getting a fellow professional sent off

Are you suggesting Blacks awful, dangerous and mistimed challenge was Lasleys fault....and somehow that because Lasley has a less that perfect record it somehow makes Blacks sending off (and the subsequent dropped points) more acceptable?

confused.jpg

Thunderstruck

Are you suggesting Blacks awful, dangerous and mistimed challenge was Lasleys fault....and somehow that because Lasley has a less that perfect record it somehow makes Blacks sending off (and the subsequent dropped points) more acceptable?

confused.jpg

Hyperbole at this time on a Monday morning! - "awful, dangerous and mistimed"? Really? Even now that you have had the benefit of alternative views and slo-mo?

I will grant you that opinion is divided but the majority of observers concede that "it looked a lot worse in real time".

A greater concern is that officials have still to provide consistency not just within games but also between games. The tackle on Mroviec was, in my view, considerably worse and did cause real hurt.

Dr. Bapswent

Hyperbole at this time on a Monday morning! - "awful, dangerous and mistimed"? Really? Even now that you have had the benefit of alternative views and slo-mo?

I will grant you that opinion is divided but the majority of observers concede that "it looked a lot worse in real time".

A greater concern is that officials have still to provide consistency not just within games but also between games. The tackle on Mroviec was, in my view, considerably worse and did cause real hurt.

Would have no complaints at them both being red cards.

The Old Tolbooth

Black's challenge was a disgrace, and even if it didn't merit a straight red (which is most definitely did), I'm sick of seeing his mistimed challenges like this one which tally up to us receiving yet another fine at the end of the season. Black isn't even clever about it, most hatchet men do things like that and use a bit of brain, Black clearly doesn't have any brain at all, and he most definitely is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

People sticking up for him are doing so through blind faith for anything in maroon, the lad's a liability and needs to screw the nut!

2010-11: 36 Games,7 yellows

2009-10: 23 Games,2 yellows

2008-09: 32 Games,8 yellows

2007-08: 38 Games,7 yellows

2006-07: 17 Games,6 yellows

Totals: 146 Games,30 yellows

So he picks up a booking about once every 5 games

Slightly more than the average rate (around 6) but hardly shocking

Jambof3tornado

Red card or not aside,he Black didn't need to make a challenge at all.

Having watched it several times I don't think its anywhere near as bad as was made out but I'm still unsure if it was a straight red or not.

confused.jpg

you have not seen the bbc highlights of yesterdays game to have made these comments, lasley has been at it for years.

Dr. Bapswent

you have not seen the bbc highlights of yesterdays game to have made these comments, lasley has been at it for years.

Why - did the highlights do a montage of all of Lasleys 'shocking' play acting?

Why - did the highlights do a montage of all of Lasleys 'shocking' play acting?

dr bapswent here are a few questions for you : Are you a hearts fan? are you a season ticket holder? have you ever travelled to games with a club from the federation?

It's just that in my opinion i would say that you write like chic young or alan preston or some bitter hibby who likes to wind up hearts fans on kickback but you can go one better and state where your seat is in tynie ..........but mind you some fans of ian black might give you some banter at the next home game

Dr. Bapswent

dr bapswent here are a few questions for you : Are you a hearts fan? are you a season ticket holder? have you ever travelled to games with a club from the federation?

It's just that in my opinion i would say that you write like chic young or alan preston or some bitter hibby who likes to wind up hearts fans on kickback but you can go one better and state where your seat is in tynie ..........but mind you some fans of ian black might give you some banter at the next home game

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

Archived