Highlights up.

Johanes de Silentio

Malinga the Swinga

Lasley's tackle, as was McCullochs at Ibrox in first game of the season, was a lot worse than Black's, but Black now has the reputation, through people like Chick Young, Craig Paterson and Richard Gordon, that means one tackle and off.

Richard Gordon, in particular, has never got over the fact the Miko dived against Scotland and won a penalty, and ever after, he has bleated like one of his beloved sheep about averything and anything to do with Hearts. Much like most things connected with Aberdeen, they are a bitter breed of person, who cannot get over the fact, that they are not a big club and are slowly declining.

As for Craigan, he has now reached the stage of his career, that he can do as he wants, and he is beyond criticism. Yes, it was soft, but it was a foul and a penalty, yet nothing is done, said or even hinted at by the media, as he, Craigan, is now considered one of them, especially by BBC Radio Scotland.

We don't create enough, but from the highlights shown, we were easily the equal of Motherwell and had the best chances. Honestly don't think we are far away from winning games.

Tommy Wiseau

Sorry. I recollect wrong but it was not as bad or reckless as Black put in.

:lol:

You're at the wind up.

First time i've seen the Black tackle. No way thats a red or Lasleys, both yellows and get on with it. Honestly the way some were going on here never mind the media yesterday you would think Black had killed someone, have a word.

Got to be fair. I was holding off commenting until I watched it as I was ready to give Black pelters because he is capable of some good awful tacking and it's a miracle yesterday was his first ever red in a Hearts shirt.

From the refs angle and first viewing it does look a straight red. But from other angles, it would be very difficult to say he did it on purpose. So I think we should appeal. Whether we get anywhere is a different matter.

However he has got a reputation and you could argue he's been really lucky not to have been sent off in other games. Successful appeals however, are also no good when you are already down to 10 men. Frankly, Black can't tackle as his yellow card count shows. Every time Black goes to ground in either training or game time he should be fined until he gets it into that not too bright head of his how to play modern day football. (Although I do think his quick short passing game would suit Sergio's tactics)

Other points from the highlights:-

- Lasley's tackle on Mrowiec was by far the worst tackle in the game.

- Mrowiec's first touch in the lead up too the tackle - oh dear. I'll state it again - he should be playing football on a Sunday, but at 11am, unpaid, and with a stinking hangover.

Jonsson was unfairly chastised for being at fault for the goal

1) Even game up to sending off - prob Hearts having a slight edge on chances.

2) Lasley's first tackle was as much a red as Black's.

3) If Lasley's tackle was a yellow then so was Black's.

4) How lucky was the boy for the goal?

5) We really need to sharpen up in front of goal.

6) Mini shout for pen on Stevenson. Stokes or Jelavic would have got it.

scottish_chicP

A lot of people I have spoke to seem to think Black was hard done by, I would say that was a red any day of the week :down:

I do agree Lasley could have received a red for his first challenge as well though.

Berry on Wright was considerably worse than Ian Blacks tackle.

Chuck only got a yellow.

:verysmug:

Nowt wrong with Berry's tackle imo.

The worst tackle I've ever seen by a Hearts player was Tosh Mckinlays at Celtic Park JJ the cup. You had to do something special to get a straight red in those days.

kingantti1874

A lot of people I have spoke to seem to think Black was hard done by, I would say that was a red any day of the week :down:

I do agree Lasley could have received a red for his first challenge as well though.

Not for me, it's the angle of his body and the reaction that look bad... His foot never left the ground so can't be accused of jumping in, and it wasn't 2 footed...

If he had made that exact same tackle on his arse as opposed to his knees it would never have been given...

Even Stuart mcall didn't think it was that bad on reflection...

Never a red unless the refs looked at it as a retaliation challenge. Even then **** those pricks

Defo a pen aswell, same old same old

jambos are go!

a97d71f1e4fe60a834c3f7d51e20f196.gif

Dont recall the media saying the Berry challenge was amongst the worst they had ever seen. Seriously.

Dont recall the media saying the Berry challenge was amongst the worst they had ever seen. Seriously.

Maybe the media were less thick in those days. I could think of dozens of worse tackles every season than Black's.

Drylaw Hearts

Bedtime.

Sleep tight.

jambos are go!

Maybe the media were less thick in those days. I could think of dozens of worse tackles every season than Black's.

name them

Tommy Wiseau

Gets better. So you need Dicky Gordon and Chico Young to tell you what your opinion is?

The media are talking shite if they said that. Seriously.

jambos are go!

Gets better. So you need Dicky Gordon and Chico Young to tell you what your opinion is?

The media are talking shite if they said that. Seriously.

They said it was amongst the worst tackles they had ever seen. I said it was the worst I had seen from a Hearts player for decades. I was therefore more moderate than them to be serious

They said it was amongst the worst tackles they had ever seen. I said it was the worst I had seen from a Hearts player for decades. I was therefore more moderate than them to be serious

Stay away from the pipe. Black's tackle was borderline the worst in that one game!!

Archived