Highlights up.

Johanes de Silentio

Hearts of Vladland

That was a 50/50 with Black and Lasley and Lasley got there first never a sending off. Infact what is different between Lasleys on Mrowiec? Nothing really.

Drylaw Hearts

That was a 50/50 with Black and Lasley and Lasley got there first never a sending off. Infact what is different between Lasleys on Mrowiec? Nothing really.

Black had no chance of getting anywhere near that ball.

jambos are go!

When you go flying in high with your studs showing its a no complaints red card. Disgraceful challenge IMO. MacGowan seriously posted missing on their top player for the goal. Early on Driver looked OK and I suspect the Manager thinks he will only get fit for the first team paying in the first team.

Black's challenge was bad, but on the radio they were making out as though it was the worst they had ever seen!

When I watched it I was really surprised at how tame it was in comparison to what I'd heard.

jambos are go!

Black's challenge was bad, but on the radio they were making out as though it was the worst they had ever seen!

When I watched it I was really surprised at how tame it was in comparison to what I'd heard.

I think I saw Jim Townsend put in worse tackle in a Hearts Jersey in the late 1960s. Thats the worse since.

When you go flying in high with your studs showing its a no complaints red card. Disgraceful challenge IMO. MacGowan seriously posted missing on their top player for the goal. Early on Driver looked OK and I suspect the Manager thinks he will only get fit for the first team paying in the first team.

McGowan did lose Murphy for the goal but recovered and for some reason put no challenge in when he'd recovered

what is different between Lasleys on Mrowiec? Nothing really.

Both very similar and should have had same result IMO.

Francis Albert

Me too. Richard Gordon at the end of the match commentary was going on as if it was one of the worst career-threatening tackles he'd ever seen.

If that was a straight red we'll see at least two every game.

Francis Albert

High? He wasn't 6 inches above the ground.

Hearts of Vladland

Capture25.png?t=1312755943

He wasn't favourite but he is certainly close to getting it.

jambos are go!

A clear picture of going over the top of a ball that was on the ground with both feet off the ground. Shocking!!

jambos are go!

High? He wasn't 6 inches above the ground.

See the still frame and say you still think so.

Drylaw Hearts

2 feet off the ground, the ball gone and although he hasn't fully connected it was a shockingly timed lunge.

He actually hits Lasley in the back and lands on him.

quincy adams wagstaff

I think I saw Jim Townsend put in worse tackle in a Hearts Jersey in the late 1960s. Thats the worse since.

football's changed since the 1960s,you dont get away with tackles like that now,unfortunatly. :yucky:

Not according to Stuart McColl, he saw it as two players going for the ball.

Never a red in my book, as quoted earlier Lasley's 1st tackle was just as bad and he only got a yella fella.

Francis Albert

The worst tackle by a Hearts player (I assume you don't mean any player) in 50 years?

I mean, there is silly and then there is just plain ridiculous.

jambos are go!

See it and still think so.

So you think the Diameter of a football is less than 6 inches. Or do not think he is above the ball ?

Magic Numbers

My initial thought after seeing the highlights was that Lasley was the one diving in, Black was rushing to get there, saw Lasley lunging & kind of shat out of it a bit, which caused the mistimed tackle, I don't think he was intending to nail Lasley, I actually thought Lasley was the more aggressive of that moment.

The reverse view where the commentator says maybe it didn't look so bad was a better angle than the ref's.

Black has had that coming for a while though, he needs to shape up, plenty of ability but next to no discipline. Fast becoming the new Michael Stewart for me.

Francis Albert

So you think the Diameter of a football is less than 6 inches. Or do not think he is above the ball ?

Can't tell from the still frame. On the non-still footage, I didn't think he was above the ball. Even the BBC commentators didn't think it was a high challenge.

And really, the worst challenge in 50 years?

Hearts of Vladland

Watch the second angle it isn't over the ball.

Black is shaping to pass the ball, Lasley slides in....Black wasnt even attempting to make a tackle and is very unlucky to see red. His reputation and an incompetant ref has cost Hearts the game. Hopefully the club will appeal.

Walter Bishop

Ian Black`s tackle was almost identical to Joe Ledleys at Tynecastle in December imo, red card every day of the week. Keith Lasleys was a straight red aswell. I also think the nudge in the back of our "non-recognised" striker Stevenson was a penalty. Mcgowan for the Motherwell goal, :vrface:

At the game it looked pretty bad... after seeing it on the telly it didn't look too bad.

If you look, his trailing leg was the one that caught the guy and his front leg missed him completely. The Motherwell player overreacted and the fact Black has a reputation of dangerous, mistimed challenges; probably swung the referee's decision towards a sending off.

Have a word Anderson,Murray,Busby Mauchlen,Bruno,Brelier all have committed worse tackles I don't see how everyone reckons he was flying through the air.

Defending for the goal was absolutely appalling. Looked like we more than matched them with 11 on the pitch.

Not great by any means, but not the horror show I was expecting to be honest.

Their RB (Hateley?) looks very strong and direct and they looked a lot quicker breaking than us - perhaps we look laboured at times because of a lack of pace?

JamboAberdeen

Black is shaping to pass the ball, Lasley slides in....Black wasnt even attempting to make a tackle and is very unlucky to see red. His reputation and an incompetant ref has cost Hearts the game. Hopefully the club will appeal.

Agreed.

He was trying to control the ball when Lasley's sliding came underneath of his foot.

Unluckily his left foot, not right, landed on Lasley's back, but totally accidental.

How did that contact hurt him so hard?

Purely over-reaction.

It wasn't challenge to the player at all. (He was even trying to avoid contact)

Lasley could have been booked instead of Black on the other day.

Hearts probably has good ground of appeal for this red card.

Also Stevo's penalty appeal could have been given if at home.

Maybe we played badly, but were also quite unlucky IMO.

jambos are go!

Have a word Anderson,Murray,Busby Mauchlen,Bruno,Brelier all have committed worse tackles I don't see how everyone reckons he was flying through the air.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I.

jambos are go!

Can't tell from the still frame. On the non-still footage, I didn't think he was above the ball. Even the BBC commentators didn't think it was a high challenge.

And really, the worst challenge in 50 years?

The worst I can recall and thats an honest opinion. Alex Macdonald put in a few choice ones and Peter Shields had a terrible challenge on Danny McGrain at Parkhead that the ref McGinlay let him completely off with . Dont think quite as bad but happy to hear other nominations that I may have seen but forgotten. There is a big difference between clattering into a player ala Brellier and going over the top IMO.

Thunderstruck

The worst I can recall and thats an honest opinion. Alex Macdonald put in a few choice ones and Peter Shields had a terrible challenge on Danny McGrain at Parkhead that the ref McGinlay let him completely off with . Dont think quite as bad but happy to hear other nominations that I may have seen but forgotten. There is a big difference between clattering into a player ala Brellier and going over the top IMO.

Would that be the tackle that resulted in McGrain exacting revenge by breaking his ankle and ending his career? I recall that McGrain went unpunished.

Francis Albert

Come on. Watch it again. The worst tackle in 50years?

jambos are go!

The worst I can recall. Nominate another you observed.

jambos are go!

Would that be the tackle that resulted in McGrain exacting revenge by breaking his ankle and ending his career? I recall that McGrain went unpunished.

Yes. It was also in the game that included the infamous Willie Johnston sending off due to Davie Provan.

Thunderstruck

If that was the worst tackle by a Hearts player in 50 years, we really have had some powder-puff players.

Surely a team with our disciplinary record is committing such heinous crimes every other week.

Kirky Jambo

I seem to be in a minority but to me its a ridiculous sending off - its not even a tackle! When you see it from behind its clear there is no way it could ever hurt Lasley. He just kind of goofily jumps out of the pass he was never going to make. Bleating Motherwell players and over zealous ref.

Remember Brellier on Scott Brown - broke his leg I think. Far more dangerous tackle than this. Only saw yellow and he was treated like a hero for it. Black is a bit of a raj but tends to pick up bookings rather than reds, kind of like Suso. I'm not gonna be too hard on him for this

somakeanoise

I agree but if you think about the view the ref would have had probably looked worse other side with left leg off the ground before right is extended. Unfortunate I think but can easily understand the decision and I don't think reputation will have entered referee's mind. Probably looked shocking from his view.

Black was correctly sent off.

Lasley should have been sent off for his first tackle too. Studs up towards the Hearts player - very dangerous.

bean counter

Me too. Richard Gordon at the end of the match commentary was going on as if it was one of the worst career-threatening tackles he'd ever seen.

Agree with these. Richard Gordon called it a cowardly tackle. I was expecting something a lot worse

JamboRossi79

Black was correctly sent off.

Lasley should have been sent off for his first tackle too. Studs up towards the Hearts player - very dangerous.

You are wrong as if the first happens and Lasley is correctly sent off then Black can't make the same tackle on Lasley and be sent off. :)

BTW certainly not a stick on red card and if it was the Lasley should have walked earlier so I agree.

Tommy Wiseau

:rofl:

I'll crack the jokes.

jambos are go!

:rofl:

I'll crack the jokes.

Did you see Townsends tackle? These tackles are no joke and can end up with a crack. On someones leg!!!

Its easy to look at the tackle several times and pondor on whether or not you think it was a red card or not.The ref has to make a decision there and then.

Whether the "victim" makes more of it than it really is,is difficult as well.

My reaction in the split-second after he went in was "he's off!" and i'm sure many others,in fact the majority,agreed.

Blackie has to get a grip of this because he is an even more marked man now.No ref is going to openly admit that because its Black it might influence their decision but we all know it does.

The thing is i feel he can reel it in a bit and still be as competetive.He has the skill and can be a very good player for us....got to be on the park to do that though,Blackie!

Drylaw Hearts

Berry on Wright was considerably worse than Ian Blacks tackle.

Chuck only got a yellow.

:verysmug:

jambos are go!

Berry on Wright was considerably worse than Ian Blacks tackle.

Chuck only got a yellow.

:verysmug

Berry played the ball IiRC

Had an awful view of it at the game, but watching that he isn't even trying to tackle. He's put his foot out to control the ball, and that ***** Lasley (who should've been off for an actual tackle on Mrowiec earlier on) has slid in and won it. Because he's been quicker and braver, he's been caught with the leg Black stuck out to control the ball.

Watching that has made me angry as ****. That ******* prick of a ref couldn't wait to get the red out. What an actual joke.

Archived