Player ratings v 'Well

Gambo

Kello 7 Did nothing wrong on a quiet day for him.

McGowan 4 Young and still easing his way into first team and right back but today he was slow and poor.

Zaliukas 6 Nothing wrong today, must despair at the lack of movement in front of him though.

Jonsson 6 As Zal

Grainger 6 Stood off his man a bit but did ok

Mroweic 6 Only one who showed for a ball from defence. Makes the odd howler but CAN make a pass.

Black 0 And that is not for his sending off (need to see it again as it looked harsh), but the zero is for what he actually offers the team. He was pushed further forward beside Hammil today but created heehaw and offered even less.

Hammil 1 Only slightly better than Black, not been impressed with him so far.

Driver 4 Decent shot first half but a passenger for most part, still feeling his way back in.

Temps 3 Just did not happen for him at all today but kept trying.

Stevenson 3 Run around.

Subs

Sutton 2 Nade puts in a harder shift than him says it all. Does not look intersted.

Skacel 4 Hardly touched the ball but had drive and energy.

Novikovas 7 MOTM and he was only on ten mins. Did more in ten mins that the rest put altogether.

Game changed on sending off. If Sergio wants us to play this way he must get central midfielders in pronto or give the likes of Robinson and Holt a go. Black, Hammil do not give the team anything.

Sergio must also be shaking his head at our lack of simple basics.

Out of JJ's 4 summer signings only Grainger has looked the part (i will give Taouil more time) but Sutton and certainly Hammil have not impressed me one bit.

Kello - 7

McGowan - 4

Jonsson - 5

Zaliukas - 6

Grainger - 6

Hamill - 7 (MOTM)

Mrowiec - 5

Black - 4

Templeton - 5

Driver - 4

Stevenson - 6

Sutton - 5

Skacel - 5

Novikovas - 6

We've not got the players to play the way Sergio wanted us to play. Kello was obviously told to play it short at every opportunity which is fine, but you need the midfield to actually want the ball for that to work.

I'd like to see us go back to 4-2-3-1 next week with Hamill and Robinson in the middle, Templeton and Novikovas out wide and Skacel in behind the forward. Not been impressed with Sutton so far so I'd persevere with Stevenson up front.

Thought Hamill was our best player.

:huh:

What did he do to merit that valuation?

Make himself available for a pass? (No imo)

Make good use of ball when he had it? (Cant remember a pass)

Make good use of deadballs? (he was dire imo)

Open up then with brilliant runs, defence splitting passes? (not that i can remember)

Cover every blade of grass? (Yep, but so did everyone else apart from Sutton, but does that make you man of the match, are you not supposed toproduce more?)

Get stuck in? (Yep but with no real reward, others got 'stuck in' with better results imo).

We all have opinions,just interested in why you think he was MOTM

My top 5 from today

Novikovas - Reasonable has his games

Hamill - Did ok a few misplaced passes

Grainger - Did well against Humphrey no delivery went low every time

Mroweic - Was his usual self got stuck in when needed

Kello - Did ok cant remember a good save he made

Kello 6 Quiet game for him but not impressed with his distribution at times

McGowan 6 Didn't do much wrong although not as impressive as previous games

Zaliukas 5 Too often he opts for the wrong pass, not suited to the slow defensive passing game. Always looked liable for a blunder today

Jonsson 6 As Zal except slightly more composed with the ball

Grainger 7 Did as well as he could. Kept busy with Humprhies pace even if Humprhies final play was useless

Mroweic 6 Some poor passing

Black 2 Even if the sending off was harsh poor game. too slow at this level and caught out a lot

Hammil 8 Best player by far

Driver 4 One decent break but otherwise quiet. Seems to be lacking pace or desire to chase things down.

Temps 5 Nothing came off but always looked most likely to create something.

Stevenson 2 Headless chicken. Yes he tries hard but too often its not very good.

Subs

Sutton 2 Not a long ball man

Skacel 2 Skacel is not the solution to our problems

Novikovas 6 Got the ball down and tried to create. Should be getting a start.

The tactics simply don't work, furthermore we are far too predictable. You can set your watch by the substitutions.

Kello - Did OK

McGowan - Poor

Eggert - Poor

Zaliukas - No too bad

Grainger - Disappointing but not too bad

Temps - Poor

Moroviec - Crap

Black - Poor

Hamill - OK

Driver - Not ready yet

Stevenson - Not his day

Subs

Rudi - Did nothing

Sutton - Poor

Arvey - Looked sharp

Bad day at the office.

The Old Tolbooth

Kello - 7 - Virtually nothing to do but made a couple of fine stops, not at fault for the goal.

McGowan - 3 - Poorest display yet, and didn't look like a footballer, although too early to slate the lad as he's turned in some good displays.

Eggert - 5 - Nothing special, but then no one was.

Zaliukas - 4 - Was doing reasonable until he completely lost his man which led to the goal, his usual 'mistake a game' cost us today, and will cost us in future too.

Grainger - 6 - Was given a tough time from Humphrey's but played fairly well, probably our best outfield player.

Temps - 2 - Nothing he tried came off, very little support for him too though.

Moroviec - 5 - Broke up their midfield attacks very well, but that's about it, there really is nothing else to this guys game!

Black - 0 - He was utter pish before his two footed lunge, and this guy needs emptied asap, I'm sick and tired of this little ned letting us down, shocking challenge, deserved red, waste of space!!!

Hamill - 5 - Gets stuck in, but doesn't have much of an end product, I'd like to see him at right back with a proper right midfield player in the side.

Driver - 4 - Doesn't look fit yet, but almost scored early doors with a lovely curving shot which produced a great save by the Motherwell keeper, if he can get his fitness levels up then we have a player again though.

Stevenson - 4 - Huffed and puffed and put himself about all day long, but not his day sadly.

Subs

Rudi - 2 - Nothing special but little time to do anything.

Sutton - 0 - Did absolutely zero when he came on and it shows what Sergio thinks of the guy when he starts with a 4-6-0 formation, worrying!

Arvey - 5 - This guy is a hit or miss for me, and today he looked interested and lively, I wish he looked like that every week!

Diadora Van Basten

So based on ratings we need a right back who can go forward, two wide players, a creative midfielder and another striker.

Nookie Bear

It is becoming increasingly obvious that the problem with our team lies in the centre of midfield.

I usually argue against playing the kids as I sometimes feel they get over-hyped on here but something has to be done to add some drive to that part of the team.

Kello 7

McGowan 4

Zal 6

Jonsson 6

Grainger 6

Mrowiec 5

Black 0

Driver 5

Hamill 4

Temps 3

Stevenson 3

Disagree with OP about sutton I thought he was slightly better today and we looked more like scoring with him on the pitch.

I do not think we would have lost that game with 11 men on the park as Motherwell were also poor.

Hammill's family on here? God help us if him in midfield is as good / creative as we are going to get. I have eyes and I don't agree that he was either best or worst but probably nearer the latter. Ultimately it will be what the coach thinks that matters but from the comments attributed to him not many folk in midfield or up front pleased him much and I had rather hoped Hammill would be right back when he signed. Surely would have been at best 4th pick from Killie midfield last year? Anyway it will depend on who we sign and who can adapt their game as to who will feature in the coming weeks.

KilbrideJambo

kello 7

mcgowan 4

eggy 4

zal 6

grainger 5

black 2

temps 4

driver 4

mrowiec 5

hamill 7

stevenson 4

sutton 4

skacel 4

novi 6

Kello 7 - not much to do. Couple of good saves.

McGowan 4 - not a right back

Zaliukas 6 - did ok

Jonsson 6 - did ok

Grainger 7 - defended well against humphry. No cover ahead of him.

Hamill 7 - looked comfortable on the ball and worked hard. Not sure if I'd play him right back or midfield.

Black 2 - always looking to leave his foot in. Deserved red.

Mrowiec 6 - worked hard. Not sure his passing is good enough to play his position.

Driver 5 - not match fit but always carries a goal threat.

Templeton 5 - needs to work on decision making. Looked more of a threat in second half.

Stevenson 5 - looked tired.

Sutton 4 - needs a goal.

Novikovas 4 - looked a threat.

Skacel 3 - didn't see much of ball.

Overall felt we were comfortable with eleven men and wouldn't have been surprised if we'd got a late equaliser. Badly lacking creativity in midfield.

Kello 7

McGowan 6

Zaliukas 7

Jonsson 6

Grainger 7

Mrowiec 7

Black 3

Hamill 6

Driver 4

Stevenson 3

Templeton 5

Didn't think McGowan played too badly today, and also didn't think Hamill was our best player, though he was ok.

I'll go for Zaliukas as my MotM, seeing as out of the defensive central three of him, Jonsson and Mrowiec, he was the only one who wasn't afraid to drive the ball forward.

The forward three were awful. Stevenson's touch and passing were ridiculous and Driver looked off the pace to me.

So based on ratings we need a right back who can go forward, two wide players, a creative midfielder and another striker.

:laugh:

Piece of piss thumbsup.gif

Archived