Obua

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Obua has looked great in the midfield position.

I would hope we are in negotiations to extend his contract.I hope to god we don't lose him for nothing in a years time.

There's absolutely no way Obua will get a new contract and nor should he. His performances over the past 3 years have been a disgrace given the money he is on.

I hope he can build on the promising 45 minutes he put in at Ibrox between now and the end of the season but I certainly won't be sad to see the back of him next May.

There's absolutely no way Obua will get a new contract and nor should he. His performances over the past 3 years have been a disgrace given the money he is on.

I hope he can build on the promising 45 minutes he put in at Ibrox between now and the end of the season but I certainly won't be sad to see the back of him next May.

Who do you reckon we could get to do the same job for the same money?

Is the OP deluded?, Obua is never a football player and should never be allowed near the first 11 again.

spot on when he got his passport sorted ootuganda then he should have went back to uganda then.what kind of footballer admits he cannae tackle especially playing in scotland.he is utter gash

Gregory House M.D.

spot on when he got his passport sorted ootuganda then he should have went back to uganda then.what kind of footballer admits he cannae tackle especially playing in scotland.he is utter gash

:goodone: :Vlad-Stupid:

Source for him admitting he can't tackle?

Who do you reckon we could get to do the same job for the same money?

Do you honestly believe we couldn't find a decent midfielder for less than c. ?10k a week?

Tell you what....

If Obua was the answer...

I would hate to know what the question was..........

Who is the luckiest footballer to find himself playing for Hearts?

Morgaro Gomis

Ffs. I can freely admit that I have never liked Obua as a footballer - however, from what I have seen this season, in a different position, it's like having a new player. Now, had you said to me that we would be considering offering Obua a new contract at the start of the season, I'd have been saying you were taking the piss. However, since he is playing a different position, you can only judge him on the games in which he has played there.

And for me, he has been easily our best CM (not hard, I know, but thats not the point) and the only one who looks to provide some creativity in the middle of the pitch. Now, I don't think he is good enough for us if we strive to win the league, or even split the old firm (don't think that will happen anyway) but he is the best we have at the moment, and anyone who disagrees, based on his performances so far is doing because of who he is, and what his old performances were like, rather than what we have witnessed so far this season.

Be fair to the guy. Give him a clean start, and allow him to win his new contract with his performances over the coming season, not by what he played like over the last three years. Just my opinion, however.

heartsfc_fan

Is he fit for Saturday?

I think a central midfield 3 of him, Skacel and Hamill would be good.

:goodone: :Vlad-Stupid:

Source for him admitting he can't tackle?

He is correct in this instance. Well Obua didn't say he "can't tackle" but he did openly admit he doesn't like putting a foot in or the physical side of the SPL. Can't find exact quote off hand.

Do you honestly believe we couldn't find a decent midfielder for less than c. ?10k a week?

I was pulling your leg pal. Obua may turn out ok in midfield but I seriously doubt he will be getting his contract renewed.

Is the answer Gary Mackay?

He is correct in this instance. Well Obua didn't say he "can't tackle" but he did openly admit he doesn't like putting a foot in or the physical side of the SPL. Can't find exact quote off hand.

So he can tackle but chooses not to?

So he can tackle but chooses not to?

I just reiterated what I remember Obua saying in the interview.

are you going somewhere with that question?

I just reiterated what I remember Obua saying in the interview.

are you going somewhere with that question?

Not really I just remember the interview and thought it was a wee bit strange.

The thing is he was signed as a left back so he must have had to do a fair bit of the physical stuff playing in that position in any league.

He was voted best South African league player while playing in that position so I can`t really understand why he is saying the physical side of things is a problem to him.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Obua being half-hearted is a myth too. He crunched McCulloch at Ibrox the other week in particular really hard. Great picture on the Hearts website somewhere.

Can't think of others specifically but they are out there

Not really I just remember the interview and thought it was a wee bit strange.

The thing is he was signed as a left back so he must have had to do a fair bit of the physical stuff playing in that position in any league.

He was voted best South African league player while playing in that position so I can`t really understand why he is saying the physical side of things is a problem to him.

:lol:

Oh no he wasn't. :lol:

:lol:

Oh no he wasn't. :lol:

In season 2006/07 David obua won the South African championship with Kaiser Chiefs and was voted the South African League Player of the Year.

This is a statement of fact.

In season 2006/07 David obua won the South African championship with Kaiser Chiefs and was voted the South African League Player of the Year.

This is a statement of fact.

Might be a statement but is not a fact.

The Hearts website is wrong. He was nominated in 2006 but did not win. He did not win the PotY in 2007.

Ryan Gosling

:vrface:

Yet more evidence that ZibisPants has no idea what he's talking about.

Any team would miss their top SPL scorer.

:keys:

#musttryharder

J Cheever Loophole

We wasted possession far to much today, Obua is good passer of the football.. We could have done with him in the middle of the park today.

He is a good passer of the ball but what's the point if he has no one to pass to.Any player on the ball needs an outlet.There's no one making runs and when they occasionally do,its the wrong'un.Obua I think needs a bit of time on the ball but the hurley burley of our game doesn't suit.

Might be a statement but is not a fact.

The Hearts website is wrong. He was nominated in 2006 but did not win. He did not win the PotY in 2007.

I didn't get it from the hearts website. I got it from an article on the FIFA website titled Obua: This is Ugandas Chance. It is also mentioned in several articles in the Ugandan press.

Like the English have different player of the year awards (sports writers/players player etc) so do the south Africans. The one Obua won was from the main sponsors of the league.

doctor jambo

Player consistantly pap over a prolonged period enters last year of deal, and knows he now needs another club. Lo and behold he starts shaking a leg and trying a bit.

Says everything about the man I think. Ridden the club blind for a few years then pulls the finger out to secure a transfer/new deal.

Give him a new contract and watch the old Obua re-appear!

I didn't get it from the hearts website. I got it from an article on the FIFA website titled Obua: This is Ugandas Chance. It is also mentioned in several articles in the Ugandan press.

Like the English have different player of the year awards (sports writers/players player etc) so do the south Africans. The one Obua won was from the main sponsors of the league.

So he didn't win the PSL player of the year.

http://www.southafrica.info/what_happening/sports/psl-awards-240507.htm

What one did he win?

RoussetsShorts

Obua being half-hearted is a myth too. He crunched McCulloch at Ibrox the other week in particular really hard. Great picture on the Hearts website somewhere.

Can't think of others specifically but they are out there

:Vlad-Stupid:

Based on what exactly? One decent game against an awful Rangers? He's got a long way to go before he proves himself worthy of a starting place given the dreadful performances he's put in over the last 3 years.

MOTM v East Fife.

What is the MTN Soccer Zone show? He seems to have won that award. It doesn't seem to be the generally referred to Player of the Year as both are mentioned in this article.

http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/30/500290

MTN are a mobile network company and as far as I knew they were the main sponsors that year and Obua got their award. I thought it was similair to the Barclays Premier League POTY award but from that it looks like you're right.

Mtn soccer zone show is a football highlights programme.

Tommy Wiseau

:vrface:

:trippin:

:lion:

trollleep1.gif?w=325&h=239

Woeful efforts. Who's getting your 6 spare tickets for Spurs?

Radioactive Mince

Obua is probably the best creative midfielder in the whole of Great Britain. Spurs better hope he's still injured when we play them or it could get embarrassing for them.

He can also jump very high and let the ball collide with his head in the most effective manner I've ever seen from a professional player.

His absence through injury is exactly why we are not top of the league on goal difference right now.

I think we need to sign an experienced creative midfielder as cover for Obua NOW or it could turn out to be a long, hard season.

:(

MOTM v East Fife.

Brilliant, he managed to put a performance in against some plumbers, brickies and binmen.

Sandy's sock

Brilliant, he managed to put a performance in against some plumbers, brickies and binmen.

He was the best Hearts player on the park.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Hopefully doesn't get back in the team.

Scored a free header versus rangers and everybodys foaming at the gash over it, chill the **** out ya deluded numbnuts!

Wee Pum to get the chance.

Sandy's sock

Hopefully doesn't get back in the team.

Scored a free header versus rangers and everybodys foaming at the gash over it, chill the **** out ya deluded numbnuts!

Wee Pum to get the chance.

Well there you go, that's that sorted :rolleyes:

MTN are a mobile network company and as far as I knew they were the main sponsors that year and Obua got their award. I thought it was similair to the Barclays Premier League POTY award but from that it looks like you're right.

Mtn soccer zone show is a football highlights programme.

:thumb:

I am only bothered because I would have to scoff vast quantities of humble pie if he actually had been PotY and I have spent years shooting down those who have mentioned it :lol:

:thumb:

I am only bothered because I would have to scoff vast quantities of humble pie if he actually had been PotY and I have spent years shooting down those who have mentioned it :lol:

:lol: it certainly looks like he got several player of the year awards that season but not the official league one.

:lol: it certainly looks like he got several player of the year awards that season but not the official league one.

It is incredible that he got so close to the official SA PotY in 2006. Says something about how he was playing at the time or the quality of the league.

It is incredible that he got so close to the official SA PotY in 2006. Says something about how he was playing at the time or the quality of the league.

The quality of the football isn't good. Been down there a couple of times on long holidays. It will get better though. The black population are all football crazy and there is more money being pumped into it. The way they play is quite good to watch lots of flicks and tricks but the quality of player is not quite there yet.

Archived