Obua

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Gregory House M.D.

What would obua give us? Certainly nothing creative.

:keys:

gowestjambo

We're missing him in midfield.

Especially after his masterclass in midfield artistry against dundee united..........

The Old Tolbooth

If people think Obua is the answer then they need glasses, he's no worse than some of the utter dross we have in the middle of the park just now, but he's no better either.

If Vlad is serious about challenging for the title :rofl: then we need to get rid of players like him, Mrowiec, Black (especially this dud!) and the like, and replace them with much better quality, because the only creative midfielder we have is not getting a game for some reason.

(This is not knee jerk btw as I've been saying this for weeks and weeks now) :thumbsup:

We wasted possession far to much today, Obua is good passer of the football.. We could have done with him in the middle of the park today.

Chris Benoit

If people think Obua is the answer then they need glasses, he's no worse than some of the utter dross we have in the middle of the park just now, but he's no better either.

If Vlad is serious about challenging for the title :rofl: then we need to get rid of players like him, Mrowiec, Black (especially this dud!) and the like, and replace them with much better quality, because the only creative midfielder we have is not getting a game for some reason.

(This is not knee jerk btw as I've been saying this for weeks and weeks now) :thumbsup:

I know your not a fan John but even you have to admit that possibly along with Robinson he's our best bet in midfield to retain possession and do something with it. In fact I'd like to see those two with Hammil in midfield to see how they get on.

The Old Tolbooth

I know your not a fan John but even you have to admit that possibly along with Robinson he's our best bet in midfield to retain possession and do something with it. In fact I'd like to see those two with Hammil in midfield to see how they get on.

I'd like to see us bring in someone completely different from abroad mate, Sergio must have contacts somewhere because if Robinson isn't going to get a chance, then nothing else we have is anywhere near good enough imo. (Robinson may not be good enough either, but he deserves his chance)

Gregory House M.D.

Bring back Bruno Aguair. Give him Palazuelos and Bouzids wages.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

We should be building the team around him.

Exactly. Instead of building the team to benefit Kevin Kyle we should have set it up around Obua.

Thought he was Kickbacks number one villian?

Cause he scores v Rangers hes now untouchable... Jesus most of yous now who slagged the guy since he came are now changing your tunes!

Personally would like to see Skacel and Taouil combine in the middle of the park. Would give us more creativity although lacking the protection of the back 4 that we've become used to.

cantleyzonehmfc

David obua is pap , no other way to put it ,his recent performances wont change my opinion of him as iv had 2/3 years to make my mind up and i just do not rate the guy at all so a couple of half decent performances wont change anything and if thats the standard of player we hope will take the club forward then we are in for a long long season !!!

We should be building the team around him.

Based on what exactly? One decent game against an awful Rangers? He's got a long way to go before he proves himself worthy of a starting place given the dreadful performances he's put in over the last 3 years.

I think we all need to chill the beans a wee bit.

Give Sergio time to asses the squad and get some influential players fit. Remember he is seeing his players for the first time, iif we all can see we are desperatly lacking creativity in midfield, I'm sure he does too. The biggest plus I can see in appointing Sergio is his contacts and if Vlad wants a new brand of football he has to back him in maybe bringing in some new faces

Based on what exactly? One decent game against an awful Rangers? He's got a long way to go before he proves himself worthy of a starting place given the dreadful performances he's put in over the last 3 years.

Obua has looked great in the midfield position.

I would hope we are in negotiations to extend his contract.I hope to god we don't lose him for nothing in a years time.

alnessjambo

spot on !! one decent game in 3 years and now he is a world beater alot of you kickbackers should really get a reality check !!!

Ginger God Is Back

Tell you what....

If Obua was the answer...

I would hate to know what the question was..........

Nicholas Brody

Tell you what....

If Obua was the answer...

I would hate to know what the question was..........

What is our midfield crying out for?

Ginger God Is Back

What is our midfield crying out for?

I think you better phone a friend.....

alnessjambo

Obua has looked great in the midfield position.

I would hope we are in negotiations to extend his contract.I hope to god we don't lose him for nothing in a years time.

are you for real mate !! have you no been watchin him the last 3 years . A new contract would gladly take a contract out on him utter gash !!!

are you for real mate !! have you no been watchin him the last 3 years . A new contract would gladly take a contract out on him utter gash !!!

You're only as good as your last result.

JamboJase59

Is the OP deluded?, Obua is never a football player and should never be allowed near the first 11 again.

Is the OP deluded?, Obua is never a football player and should never be allowed near the first 11 again.

Every dog has its day.

We have found his position.He is only 27.Has a great few years in front of him.

Now stop being silly.

alnessjambo

We have found his position.He is only 27.Has a great few years in front of him.

Now stop being silly.

well lets hope his better(????) years are far far away from tynie

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

well lets hope his better(????) years are far far away from tynie

What? You want him to have his best form somewhere else so it benefits another team?

Get out.

What? You want him to have his best form somewhere else so it benefits another team?

Get out.

I know it's hard mate but try not to bite.

Chris Benoit

Why is everyone judging him on how he played in previous seasons in different positions? Since he has been played in centre midfield he's been top notch.

Usual kickback would rather see a player under perform than admit they got it wrong.

Clique's fault obviously :angry:

Harry Palmer

I like Obua.

Nothing seems to get him down.

Keep fighting the good fight Dave. :thumbsup:

Why is everyone judging him on how he played in previous seasons in different positions? Since he has been played in centre midfield he's been top notch.

Usual kickback would rather see a player under perform than admit they got it wrong.

Clique's fault obviously :angry:

As long as the Wolfpack doesn't get the blame :smuggy:

alnessjambo

I like Obua.

Nothing seems to get him down.

Keep fighting the good fight Dave. :thumbsup:

his heavy pay packet may !!!!

Obua goes to pieces when under pressure.

The new Chelsea boss described Sergio as "the third best Portugese coach" so maybe Sergio has good judgement. I don't think that there are many Obua's in Portugal's top league, so I don't see a top coach from that country looking at Obua and saying to himself "I wish I had 11 David Obua's".

Gregory House M.D.

Obua goes to pieces when under pressure.

The new Chelsea boss described Sergio as "the third best Portugese coach" so maybe Sergio has good judgement. I don't think that there are many Obua's in Portugal's top league, so I don't see a top coach from that country looking at Obua and saying to himself "I wish I had 11 David Obua's".

Great Logic! Headhunters will be all over this post in their search for an intellectual heavyweight such as yourself.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Personally would like to see Skacel and Taouil combine in the middle of the park. Would give us more creativity although lacking the protection of the back 4 that we've become used to.

If these two were to be put into central midfield, then we'd need to play 4-5-1, with one holding midfielder and skacel and taouill, with two wingers supporting a lone striker. Not too sure that they are the answer. What we really need is a Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley style player. A box to box midfielder who can create and gets past the forwards and can score goals. That being said, not sure where we could find that sort of player. It's possible that we might need to get someone on loan to fill this position for the time being.

Robbo-Jambo

If Obua new position is central midfield lets see what happens when the many 50 - 50 challenges arise in that area. He will sh*t himself. He will never be suited to the Scottish game. :(

Archived