Just back.

jambonian

What a loada pash once again, nothing creative in midfield again, just like the Utd game. Decent Hearts crowd let down badly, filled the top tear from what i could see.

Templeton was pants again,and Stevenson should've been taken off along with him halfway through the 2nd half with Novikovas for Templeton and Skacel on for Stevenson. Maybe then Sutton might've got a bit more support. Vlad better get the chequebook out and get some decent players in, the last two performances in the League we've been utter gash.

livijambo55

Not a performance that will live long in the memory. Very poor performance from most but Ryan McGowan stood out as being way out of his depth at this level, his distribution for a team playing from the back is absolutely shocking. Ian black really needs to calm himself down, not 100% sure it was a red card but when you dive in recklessly your always asking the ref too make a decision. Sutton has been very dissapointing since signing with not even a sniff of scoring.

SIGNINGS ARE A MUST!!!

gerryjambo41

What a loada pash once again, nothing creative in midfield again, just like the Utd game. Decent Hearts crowd let down badly, filled the top tear from what i could see.

Templeton was pants again,and Stevenson should've been taken off along with him halfway through the 2nd half with Novikovas for Templeton and Skacel on for Stevenson. Maybe then Sutton might've got a bit more support. Vlad better get the chequebook out and get some decent players in, the last two performances in the League we've been utter gash.

I thought we controlled the first half had a few decent chances , but the red card changed the whole game , I was right in line with it , didn't look a straight red imo . Temps was poor but I disagree about Stevenson I thought he put a good shift in for the jersey. We do look a bit short on ideas when we lose the first goal

maroonlegions

Still very early days but i hope Sergio can bring in some decent quality,surely he is beginning to see who is up to the mark and who is not,i believe he will drop those players who he thinks are just not pulling their weight or just not good enough;

Jambof3tornado

I thought we controlled the first half had a few decent chances , but the red card changed the whole game , I was right in line with it , didn't look a straight red imo . Temps was poor but I disagree about Stevenson I thought he put a good shift in for the jersey. We do look a bit short on ideas when we lose the first goal

We look short of ideas full stop.

With the players we have just now we will struggle to play the way Sergio wants. We do not have enough players who are capable of passing and moving. We will need to sign at least 3 or 4 players to play this way. When Kello had the ball he would play it short to Mrowiec and 9 times out of 10 it was passed back to him as Mrowiec is just not a good enough footballer to take the ball in and make passes.

Gordon Ramsay

Sergio's trying to play this passing football from the back but its not going to work for us.

The players just aren't good enough to build from the back and carve open chances. It'l cost us more goals playing like that with our current centre midfield pairing then we'l be able to score.

We desperately need someone to take the ball from Zal and create something.

We need a Hartley type player.

chester copperpot

what about the sending off,was it? :huh:

From what I saw, yes.

Black cost us the game IMO.

When the ref held up the red card i thought it was for the Motherwell player. From my angle it looked like Black had been tackled from behind cos he went over the top of their player.

McGowan might've looked decent at Ibrox but to me i don't think he's anywhere near good enough, can't even pass a ball and as much as i don't like Jason Thomson that much either, out of the two i think Thomson would just shade it. Both of them really aren't good enough though.

Stevenson put in a shift but nothing was happening for him so should've been taken off and Sutton will come good with the right type of player alongside him, at Motherwell he was in a team that played attacking football from midfield and we don't have players good enough for that.

From what I saw, yes.

Black cost us the game IMO.

I didn't think it was at the time, both players seemed to fly in full blooded.

The game definitely swung on that decision though, we completely lost our shape. The game was heading for 0-0 until the sending off.

chester copperpot

I didn't think it was at the time, both players seemed to fly in full blooded.

The game definitely swung on that decision though, we completely lost our shape. The game was heading for 0-0 until the sending off.

I didn't have a good enough view of it, but Black must know due to his tackle on Jelavic, the officialdom have him red carded as soon as a meaty challenge goes in. So he shouldn't tackle like that full stop.

Drylaw Hearts

Sergio's trying to play this passing football from the back but its not going to work for us.

The players just aren't good enough to build from the back and carve open chances. It'l cost us more goals playing like that with our current centre midfield pairing then we'l be able to score.

We desperately need someone to take the ball from Zal and create something.

We need a Hartley type player.

All of this is 100% correct.

Thought we were in control of game without being anywhere near good until sending off, after that they controlled the game for 10-15mins but then we came back into it without creating any chances.

We definately need to get players in who will look to take the ball from the defenders and move forward with it.

Black and Hammil were honking today. Mroweic was the only one who looked to make space to take a pass from the defenders.

Driver and Templeton were not having much luck and at least one should have been removed earlier.

Drylaw Hearts

Thought we were in control of game without being anywhere near good until sending off, after that they controlled the game for 10-15mins but then we came back into it without creating any chances.

We definately need to get players in who will look to take the ball from the defenders and move forward with it.

Black and Hammil were honking today. Mroweic was the only one who looked to make space to take a pass from the defenders.

Driver and Templeton were not having much luck and at least one should have been removed earlier.

Behave.

The guy covered every blade of grass and never shirked a tackle.

gowestjambo

When the ref held up the red card i thought it was for the Motherwell player. From my angle it looked like Black had been tackled from behind cos he went over the top of their player.

McGowan might've looked decent at Ibrox but to me i don't think he's anywhere near good enough, can't even pass a ball and as much as i don't like Jason Thomson that much either, out of the two i think Thomson would just shade it. Both of them really aren't good enough though.

Stevenson put in a shift but nothing was happening for him so should've been taken off and Sutton will come good with the right type of player alongside him, at Motherwell he was in a team that played attacking football from midfield and we don't have players good enough for that.

I thought exactly the same, it didnt look that bad to me. However, Black is just a bloody liability.......

gowestjambo

Disagree entirely, Hammil got pass marks for me. Whether he is good enough to improve the team is another matter........

chester copperpot

Behave.

The guy covered every blade of grass and never shirked a tackle.

Yip, totally agree.

I am so tempted to start a thread on him, but better not. How the feck is that useless ***** Mwroviec anywhere near our team beggars belief. He did ok, but got very lucky with shoddy passes 2 or 3 times today, and if he hadn't they would have led to Motherwell having a couple of excellent chances.

I seriously cannot fathom how the guy gets in our team.

Agree with most of this. We don't have good enough players to play the way Sergio wants. I know it is early days but neither Sutton or Hammill look like they will be regular starters. Too few players with pace or the first touch and skill to make room for themselves when tightly marked. Temps needs dropped to the bench and it is early days match fitness wise for Driver. Novovirus looks more able to control the ball and beat a man. Sad day when Mroviac is the best of your midfield. As regards the sending off we were not as well placed as the ref so I'll wait to see the TV but it would not be a first for Black if it was reckless would it??

Paulie Walnut

You made **** all noise from what I could hear on the radio. down.gif

Part time supporter and hobo alert!

Chris Benoit

You made **** all noise from what I could hear on the radio. down.gif

Every time a song was started it died halfway through, ended up doing a couple of solos, never a good thing :(

pettigrewsstylist

Not a performance that will live long in the memory. Very poor performance from most but Ryan McGowan stood out as being way out of his depth at this level, his distribution for a team playing from the back is absolutely shocking. Ian black really needs to calm himself down, not 100% sure it was a red card but when you dive in recklessly your always asking the ref too make a decision. Sutton has been very dissapointing since signing with not even a sniff of scoring.

SIGNINGS ARE A MUST!!!

Seems to be Sutton is intimidated by the club, he really is like a donkey hiding from the ball whenever he can it seems to me

very dissapointing

Hamill was the only player I would pass marks to today. McGowan and Mrowiec aren't comfortable enough on the ball to play the way Sergio seems to want us to play, and there was zero creativity in the final third.

Thought Black's tackle was reckless but not dangerous enough to be a red card.

Not convinced it was a red and it deffo changed the game.

McGowan was terrible, Hamill played well, Driver looks about 2 weeks away from being fit, Temps wants too long on the ball, Moroviec is gash and there was very nearly a pagger about 4 rows behind me between a moany-faced clown and a big ginger lad.

All in all, a thoroughly depressing day.

Edit: Agree with the comments about building from the back and not having the players for it. It was very evident, especially in the first half, that Kello is under orders to play it short to either Zal or Eggert when he has it but their play is so laboured its something we shouldn't be doing in games until we've worked on it in training for at least a fortnight.

Funny how we all see things differently. I thought Mroviac (sorry about spelling) played as well as he has the ability to do and that Hammil was too wee and too slow to move the ball on. Looked like a full back playing too far forward to me. Anyway we can all agree that there is an awful lot of room for improvement. Spurs might not even send their reserves up if anyone was watching today.

simplesimon

Was sitting in the main stand with a Murderwell supporting friend. Top tier of the Hearts stand was about 2/3 full so suspect about 1500 Hearts fans there.

100% a red card. The Motherwell player made a meal of it but Black went right over the top of the ball with both feet in the air. He'd come close to something similar a couple of times before he finally connected. He was imo the best Hearts player on Thursday but was off form today and took his frustartion out the wrong way.

Why do we persist playing Stevenson up top? He did ok on Thursday playing off the striker but he doesn't make clever enough runs to lead a line. On at least 3 occassions in the 1st half we worked the ball into a good position around the box and he ran away to a place he couldn't possibly score from and which brought an extra defender into the player in possessions space, instead of giving the player a place to send a scoring pass to or drawing a defender away.

We badly need a win against the sheep next week. Novikovas showed enough in his 10 minutes here and against Rangers to merit rotating with Temps and Driver until one of them hits form.

Yip, totally agree.

I am so tempted to start a thread on him, but better not. How the feck is that useless ***** Mwroviec anywhere near our team beggars belief. He did ok, but got very lucky with shoddy passes 2 or 3 times today, and if he hadn't they would have led to Motherwell having a couple of excellent chances.

I seriously cannot fathom how the guy gets in our team.

And yet you praise Hammil, a player who should be a playmaker yet had more missplaced passes than Mroweic, who imo is basically there to protect the defence.

Cant think of one thing of note Hammil contributed today, he did though float in a wonderful free kick that sailed right out of play 20ft in the air and had the nerve to greet at Grainger for not being 20ft tall and getting his head to it. At least Mroweic, as limited as he is, makes himself available for a pass and did play in some nice passes(he made a few shockers also.

But heyho, Hammil covered every blade of grass..............................so does Black, so did McFarlane, so did Neilson.......................but i think we need more than that. How about he makes himself available for a pass, how about the odd occassion he is on the ball he finds a Hearts man now and again?

I will give him time, but to me looks like Black.......................i expect more from midfield playmakers other than they cover every bit of grass(without the ball).

Mroweic was deplyed on his own today in front of defence to protect them, he did that okay, Black and Hammil were further forward in the centre of midfield to get the ball, move forward and create......................they imo today.........failed.

scottish_chicP

Pawletts challenge on Emilio was much worse Lasleys not broke his leg

I didn't see anything wrong with that challenge, he won the ball. The break/fracture came from the way he landed.

Gerd Muller

and there was very nearly a pagger about 4 rows behind me between a moany-faced clown and a big ginger lad.

I was in the row in front; a few seats along from the moany-faced clown who was very anti-romanov. He started shouting abuse to the older guy and what looked like his daughter in front and I almost lot the plot. I shouted that he was out of order doing that and at that moment the big ginger lad flew in like superman and then proceeded to freeze in the moment. :D

The problems are just the same as they have been for ages. Not enough being created from the middle and relying on our wide players to create. Driver will make a difference when fully fit as will Rudi.

I have also changed my mind on sutton. Looked a wee bit better on Thursday then a wee bit better again today. Worth perseveringly with IMO.

Blackie-Will you ever learn?

I didn't see anything wrong with that challenge, he won the ball. The break/fracture came from the way he landed.

There was a boy with a grey hoody sitting two seats along from the ginger lad (nearer to the anti vlad nutter) beside a wee laddie.

That was me.

I was in the row in front; a few seats along from the moany-faced clown who was very anti-romanov. He started shouting abuse to the older guy and what looked like his daughter in front and I almost lot the plot. I shouted that he was out of order doing that and at that moment the big ginger lad flew in like superman and then proceeded to freeze in the moment. :D

Feck knows what caused it but he just started gobbing off about Romanov and calling Paulo Sergio a stupid Portugese puppet completely out of the blue.

Utterley bizzare.

Drylaw Hearts

Feck knows what caused it but he just started gobbing off about Romanov and calling Paulo Sergio a stupid Portugese puppet completely out of the blue.

Utterley bizzare.

Was that the guy with the beard and specs ?

Was that the guy with the beard and specs ?

No, that was the guy with the girl who the Romanov-ranter started shouting at. Dunno if the boy said something to him but the big ginger lad was going radge about the nutter gobbing off in fromt of the girl.

Thought the ginger boy was going to lamp him one :D

Utterley bizzare.

What caused it was the boy in front of the nutter asked him not to be such a madman, or words to that effect, then the Ginger ninja called him a radge, the nutter asked him what he was going to do about it, Ginger ninja leapt up of his seat into the row in front and squared up to the nutter. Best laugh I had all day. My nephew reckons ginger ninja would've smashed him :lol:

Not convinced it was a red and it deffo changed the game.

McGowan was terrible, Hamill played well, Driver looks about 2 weeks away from being fit, Temps wants too long on the ball, Moroviec is gash and there was very nearly a pagger about 4 rows behind me between a moany-faced clown and a big ginger lad.

All in all, a thoroughly depressing day.

Edit: Agree with the comments about building from the back and not having the players for it. It was very evident, especially in the first half, that Kello is under orders to play it short to either Zal or Eggert when he has it but their play is so laboured its something we shouldn't be doing in games until we've worked on it in training for at least a fortnight.

Almost exactly how I saw it.

I actually thought Black stepped over a reckless challenge from Lasley (not his first, or as it turned out, his last) and I thought we were getting the free kick. I will make a point of watching TV pics to make up my mind. Hamill MAY have been a bit fortunate not to see red in stopping a goalscoring chance. IMO if the ref hadn't sent Black off, he would have sent Hamill off. Also thought that the last half hour had Motherwell players indulging in several acts of gamesmanship. I hate the "but everybody does it" excuse. I hate it when our players dive, feign injury and tell the ref his job so I ain't going to fail to mention Motherwell's antics!

Thought Hamill was pretty good. We were very comfortable first half even though some of the players looked like it was bit alien to them, this keeping the ball lark! Red card completely changed game.

On a side note, I've only seen him live twice but I reckon Tom Hateley is the best RB in the SPL right now and we should test Motherwell's resolve (because Ryan McGowan and Eggert Jonsson will never be right backs as long as I live and I quite liked Hamill in the middle). Nobody went past him all day and when anybody tried he had the measure of them no probs. Motherwell only have him, Humphries and maybe their left back Hamill, the rest are seriously gash!!!

Drylaw Hearts

No, that was the guy with the girl who the Romanov-ranter started shouting at. Dunno if the boy said something to him but the big ginger lad was going radge about the nutter gobbing off in fromt of the girl.

Thought the ginger boy was going to lamp him one :D

Beardy sat behind me in Section C a few years ago and I was on the verge of lamping him every game.

He was a real doughnut.

Almost exactly how I saw it.

I actually thought Black stepped over a reckless challenge from Lasley (not his first, or as it turned out, his last) and I thought we were getting the free kick. I will make a point of watching TV pics to make up my mind.

Thought Hamill was pretty good. We were very comfortable first half even though some of the players looked like it was bit alien to them, this keeping the ball lark! Red card completely changed game.

On a side note, I've only seen him live twice but I reckon Tom Hateley is the best RB in the SPL right now and we should test Motherwell's resolve. Nobody went past him all day and when anybody tried he had the measure of them no probs. Motherwell only have him, Humphries and maybe their left back Hamill, the rest are seriously gash!!!

They have some decent players. Mentioned Hateley last season, Saunders and Hamell always looked a solid enough left-back. They've got a couple of decent younger players in their team and they play in an attacking style, same as Dundee Utd. Those two play the better football in the League outwith the oldfirm.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

So are you panic jumpers worried about derby ? :unsure:

Are you ******* high?

Beardy sat behind me in Section C a few years ago and I was on the verge of lamping him every game.

He was a real doughnut.

see below. Feck knows what happened there :unsure:

From what I saw he was totally the innocent party today.

The ranter just started gobbing off about Vlad and how he "really hates him" and when beardy either said something or shook his head at him he started screaming at him saying "argue with me" :blink:

Nutter :D

Ginge sounds a real roaster.

:lol:

Nah, Ginge was cool. The ranter near enough shat himself when he leapt the seats and, strangely enough, none of the people that the ranter was with did anything when he squared up to him.

Archived