under 19,s

jambopepsi

there is boys in the under 19,s that should be playing in the first team hopefully sergio will give them a go in the first team

The Mighty JTs

Man utd showed that youngsters is the way to go. Average age of 22 in the second half and they looked quality. Its the way to go.

quincy adams wagstaff

there is boys in the under 19,s that should be playing in the first team hopefully sergio will give them a go in the first team

i agree,sick of watching overpaid non-triers.wage thiefs. :yucky:

Agreed.

Even though they are young, if they play the type of football that Sergio wants - get them out there!

Did you just compare Hearts youngsters with Man United youngsters? :facepalm:

Not really.

He coompared the average age of a successful side to the average age of a team under performing.

Footballfirst

Dennis Prychynenko is one I want to see.

Denis isn't the best of the youngsters, but he does have attributes that would benefit the side. However, his pre-season hasn't matched up to expectations so I'd like to see him go out on loan for the time being.

Jason Holt is closest to the first team on the U19s at the moment, and along with Jamie Walker (if he fully recovers from the knee injury that kept him out for most last season) would offer the creativity in midfield that we have been sadly lacking in recent years. It won't happen overnight, but we have to give these guys a chance in the first team as we will never know if they will cut it at that level if managers won't play them. I assure you that they will be no worse than the dross that we have recruited and played regularly in the last three or four seasons.

We have a good crop of technically skilful and pacy players at U19 again this season. It would be sad to see them lose two years play or development by having them sit on the bench week after week.

The U19s have finished 2nd in the U19 league in 2 of the last 3 seasons, arguably playing a better quality of football that any other side, yet I think that Craig Thomson was the only player from those teams who played for Hearts on a fairly regular basis. There is something amiss in the coaching set-up that fails to build on that quality of player at 19 when it appears to have disappeared by the time they are 21..

Denis isn't the best of the youngsters, but he does have attributes that would benefit the side. However, his pre-season hasn't matched up to expectations so I'd like to see him go out on loan for the time being.

Jason Holt is closest to the first team on the U19s at the moment, and along with Jamie Walker (if he fully recovers from the knee injury that kept him out for most last season) would offer the creativity in midfield that we have been sadly lacking in recent years. It won't happen overnight, but we have to give these guys a chance in the first team as we will never know if they will cut it at that level if managers won't play them. I assure you that they will be no worse than the dross that we have recruited and played regularly in the last three or four seasons.

We have a good crop of technically skilful and pacy players at U19 again this season. It would be sad to see them lose two years play or development by having them sit on the bench week after week.

The U19s have finished 2nd in the U19 league in 2 of the last 3 seasons, arguably playing a better quality of football that any other side, yet I think that Craig Thomson was the only player from those teams who played for Hearts on a fairly regular basis. There is something amiss in the coaching set-up that fails to build on that quality of player at 19 when it appears to have disappeared by the time they are 21..

I'm really liking the look of Robert Ogleby on his loan spell. Got a few goals so far in pre season and in the cups I noticed.

Fermit the Krog

Scott Robinson straight into midfield would be my first change before I started looking at the 19s.

Black and Mrowiec didn't work under JJ's style of play - It certainly won't work with Paulos style of play.

Hopefully Pom gets and takes his chance against Aberdeen.

Footballfirst

Bit harsh to judge Denis on his performances so far this season as he missed pre-season with injury.

I watched Denis all last season and I've seen all the games that he has played this season and there is a spark missing in his play that was there previously.

I watched Denis all last season and I've seen all the games that he has played this season and there is a spark missing in his play that was there previously.

Aye has lost a litle but he has had an injury from the tail end of last season.

jambos are go!

Jason Holt is closest to the first team on the U19s at the moment, and along with Jamie Walker (if he fully recovers from the knee injury that kept him out for most last season) would offer the creativity in midfield that we have been sadly lacking in recent years. It won't happen overnight, but we have to give these guys a chance in the first team as we

will never know if they will cut it at that level if managers won't play them. I assure you that they will be no worse than the dross that we have recruited and played regularly in the last three or four seasons.

The U19s have finished 2nd in the U19 league in 2 of the last 3 seasons, arguably playing a better quality of football that any other side, yet I think that Craig Thomson was the only player from those teams who played for Hearts on a fairly regular basis. There is

something amiss in the coaching set-up that fails to build on that quality of player at 19 when it appears to have disappeared by the time they are 21..

Reading between the lines of your regular posts I suspected your were not the biggest fan of Denis. Respect your opinion and will wait and see. Obviously I hope all our youngsters prosper.

Footballfirst

Reading between the lines of your regular posts I suspected your were not the biggest fan of Denis. Respect your opinion and will wait and see. Obviously I hope all our youngsters prosper.

I don't know what posts you have been reading but I'm one of Denis' fans. His attitude and work ethic are superb. He played some terrific games last season and scored some amazing goals. He has a great personality and will readily talk to you.

I generally won't criticise any of the youth players or say that they won't make it as they are still learning the game and have time to develop, although if one of them does make a bad mistake in a game, I will make reference to it.

However, Denis is now a "senior" player and is in a much more competitive environment, so he needs to be able to let his football do the talking. I'm aware that he missed out on the Italy trip and a further week of preseason training beyond that because of his knee injury. I know that he thrives on playing every week, something that he is not doing at present, but in the friendly games I have seen him play he hasn't hit the heights that he did last season. To that extent I would say that he isn't playing well enough to merit inclusion in the first team squad at this moment and that it might be better for his own development that he goes out on loan to get games and full fitness.

Gregory House M.D.

Yupp, Feck it, Crack out the Youths.

Kello

McGowan Jonsson Zaliukas Grainger

Driver Holt Robinson Novikovas

G. Smith Sutton.

If Sutton really thrives in a passing team, he'd bang them in, in that team. Sadly, I can't see it happening.

Hopefully Jason Holt can get a run-out shortly, think he was u19 player of the year (for the full league) last season. Although he is maybe a bit lightweight?

Gregory House M.D.

Hopefully Jason Holt can get a run-out shortly, think he was u19 player of the year (for the full league) last season. Although he is maybe a bit lightweight?

:facepalm: Why do people say this? Being Young doesn't mean being Small or weak.

Arthur Morgan

Scott Robinson straight into midfield would be my first change before I started looking at the 19s.

Black and Mrowiec didn't work under JJ's style of play - It certainly won't work with Paulos style of play.

Who's Pom?!? :blink:

Gregory House M.D.

Who's Pom?!? :blink:

Scott Robinson. Why does he get called pom? Is it because of Neighbours? :unsure::lol:

jamboinglasgow

Scott Robinson. Why does he get called pom? Is it because of Neighbours? :unsure::lol:

He has said in interviews before that its apparently what he always said as a wee boy.

:facepalm: Why do people say this? Being Young doesn't mean being Small or weak.

But holt is naturally small ? IMO he should be played on the right but I have only seen him play a few times

Charlie-Brown

But holt is naturally small ? IMO he should be played on the right but I have only seen him play a few times

Holt and Robinson should be played in centre midfield either side of a sitting or defensive midfielder.

Suso / Templeton / Novikovas / Driver should play on the wings and whoever is playing centre forward ie Sutton / Stevenson / Kyle either needs to up their game considerably or else get fit!!

The problem with bumming up the U19's at every opportunity is that if they aren't immediately Carlos Alberto, the ultra harsh Tynecastle crowd will turn on them.

Charlie-Brown

The problem with bumming up the U19's at every opportunity is that if they aren't immediately Carlos Alberto, the ultra harsh Tynecastle crowd will turn on them.

Sorry but this is a dumb argument - Black, Hamill, Mrowiec, Jonsson etc etc are hardly Carlos Alberto either are they?

Who are these ultra harsh tynecastle 'fans' anyway? they sound like a right bunch of idiots to me!

Sorry but this is a dumb argument - Black, Hamill, Mrowiec, Jonsson etc etc are hardly Carlos Alberto either are they?

Who are these ultra harsh tynecastle 'fans' anyway? they sound like a right bunch of idiots to me!

You'd know, being the chief exponent :vrface:

The same crowd who would boo Obuas every touch.

Also, seeing as this place is full of moaning old women, I doubt they're any different when they're at the football.

Morgaro Gomis

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Jonsson Grainger

Denis/hammil

Holt Robinson

Templeton Driver

Sutton

I quite like the look of that team, although its possible the midfield could be over run, but I think its a steady improvement on the current midfield. Holt and Robinson are creative enough to push us forward, whilst I think, from what Ive read Denis is more defensive, whilst Hammil could also play here. Although, Hammil could drop back to RB, McGowan going into CB with Jonsson going into the holding midfield role is also possible.

Very unlikely we would ever get to see this, however. :down:

Do you know what the situation is with his injury?

Thanks

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Jonsson Grainger

Denis/hammil

Holt Robinson

Templeton Driver

Sutton

I quite like the look of that team, although its possible the midfield could be over run, but I

think its a steady improvement on the current midfield. Holt and Robinson are creative

enough to push us forward, whilst I think, from what Ive read Denis is more defensive,

whilst Hammil could also play here. Although, Hammil could drop back to RB, McGowan

going into CB with Jonsson going into the holding midfield role is also possible.

Very unlikely we would ever get to see this, however. :down:

So you would leave a fit Skacel out of the team.Personally I like your team but I would have Skacel in there for Temps and then either Temps and Driver swapping for whoever was on form the most with Touill coming in for Skacel if unfit.

Morgaro Gomis

So you would leave a fit Skacel out of the team.Personally I like your team but I would have Skacel in there for Temps and then either Temps and Driver swapping for whoever was on form the most with Touill coming in for Skacel if unfit.

Not what I was saying, but I can understand how it came across that way. I meant for the coming games, until he was fit, I deliberately missed out players who were considered unfit, and who weren't getting a start from the management due to this (i.e skacel)I'd have left out Driver too, tbh, but he is obviously considered by the manager to be ready to start/play.

In regards to the second part - I would agree about the swapping Driver/Temps about, and I reckon my team/shape would need a rethink when other players, such as taouil, come back from injury.

jamboinglasgow

Not what I was saying, but I can understand how it came across that way. I meant for the coming games, until he was fit, I deliberately missed out players who were considered unfit, and who weren't getting a start from the management due to this (i.e skacel)I'd have left out Driver too, tbh, but he is obviously considered by the manager to be ready to start/play.

In regards to the second part - I would agree about the swapping Driver/Temps about, and I reckon my team/shape would need a rethink when other players, such as taouil, come back from injury.

For Saturday I would have

Kello

Hamill Jonsson Zaliukas Grainger

Mrowiec

Robinson Skacel

Temps Driver

Sutton

Morgaro Gomis

For Saturday I would have

Kello

Hamill Jonsson Zaliukas Grainger

Mrowiec

Robinson Skacel

Temps Driver

Sutton

Quite like the look of this team. However, i'd also like to see Holt playing, and I realise this is unlikely as I dont think we'd get away with Robinson, Skacel and Holt. I'd like to see Holt and Robinson play together, but that wont happen with Skacel in the team, and I feel that he needs to play every game, or atleast every home game, when he is fit.

It's Pum :facepalm:

Tommy Wiseau

I think Scott Robinson really needs to be given a chance in midfield with Skacel and one other. His movement and energy, along with Rudi's intelligence and eye for a pass could really lift things for us just now. What we don't need is three midfielders who don't have the game to support our forwards, as we played on Sunday.

It's Pum :facepalm:

yes, that kind of horrific mistake can all too easily ruin one's day. I remember last season when people on here were mistakenly calling Craig Thomson Thommo instead of Tommo, I used to have to go home and give the wife a beating with a pillowcase full of soap. mind, I probably should have used the bars rather than the liquid stuff for maximum effect.

Footballfirst

Do you know what the situation is with his injury?

Thanks

The last time I spoke to Jamie was on the day on the Newcastle game (29th July). He said he would be out for another two weeks. Whether that meant two weeks before he resumed rehab, training or playing, I don't know.

The feedback I've had from the physios is that they will have to excercise care and progress his reintroduction slowly so as not to cause him any further setbacks on his recovery towards full fitness.

Arthur Morgan

I was being sarcastic by the way. It's because he doesn't get called 'Pom' It's infact 'Pum'.

I grew up with him in southside, went to the same nursery and school, we both played for the school team :thumbsup:

The reason why he gets called Pum, as JiG said, was because he used to say it when he was young. Instead of "Can I chum you to the shops" He said Pum.

You learn something new everyday eh?

yes, that kind of horrific mistake can all too easily ruin one's day. I remember last season when people on here were mistakenly calling Craig Thomson Thommo instead of Tommo, I used to have to go home and give the wife a beating with a pillowcase full of soap. mind, I probably should have used the bars rather than the liquid stuff for maximum effect.

This one time a guy called my by my nickname but used 'ie' at the end instead of the correct 'y'. He was speaking, not typing, but I could tell.

He's under my patio.

realdeal100

I watched Robinson in the bounce game against Dunfermline at riccarton the wee boy was outstanding in the middle of the park full of energy I would have have him in the team with either black or morewic

The last time I spoke to Jamie was on the day on the Newcastle game (29th July). He said he would be out for another two weeks. Whether that meant two weeks before he resumed rehab, training or playing, I don't know.

The feedback I've had from the physios is that they will have to excercise care and progress his reintroduction slowly so as not to cause him any further setbacks on his recovery towards full fitness.

Thank you!

I was being sarcastic by the way. It's because he doesn't get called 'Pom' It's infact 'Pum'.

I grew up with him in southside, went to the same nursery and school, we both played for the school team :thumbsup:

The reason why he gets called Pum, as JiG said, was because he used to say it when he was young. Instead of "Can I chum you to the shops" He said Pum.

You learn something new everyday eh?

Was at the same high school but older, always thought it was pum but never knew why

robinson is due a chance to prove himself and is ready,jason holt is no where near ready for the 1st team yet he played the bounce game pre season against livi and never kicked a ball seemed way above his level at present.another year at u19 level for him required still a bit lightweight and was knocked of the ball constantly when playing against full grown men.i think a lot of fans are bumming him up without even seeing him play a few games and hes getting branded the next good thing with being in the press etc recently

denis is much stronger and ready now i think when back to his best.

Archived