Temps

the windae cleaner

Thunderstruck

How many balls did Temps play in the box that game? Every time Arvy got the ball he had the head up looking for movement in the box, and when he saw a target he played it straight in. Temps keeps his head down to much and takes it all on himself. It used to end up in him scoring goals but now he seems to get on the edge of the 18 yard box before taking that one touch too many before giving the ball straight to an opposing defender.

I think that's a fair summing up. It was noticeable in the last two home games that good overlaps by Grainger were too often ignored or the pass delayed, giving the defence time to adjust. Novikovas does seem to have better situational awareness and is quicker to bring others into play.

Hopefully PS will coach the faults out of Temps because we need him on song.

I didn't count either players crosses. What I can say is that in that particular game it took an excellent save from Pernis to stop Templeton from Scoring. What about Novikovas?

.thumbsup.gif

Maybe Novikovas doesn't cut in to get the shots away but he realises that he is out wide for a reason and that is to set up chances. It's great to see Temps cut in but majority of the time this season he takes one touch too many and delays hitting the ball.

Ability wise Temps is class, theres no doubt he can improve so much more though,physically he HAS to improve, yes you can talk about xavi etc but these guys have a physically strong core. As JJ has alluded to,the lad needs to learn when to pass, if he has 2 markers on him,thats when to pass,find space and cause danger again,its not always an invite to skin 2 guys. Under JJ I.wouldve liked him to have played 'in the hole' and given more freedom,part of his problem now is people are sussin him out and when he gets the ball its in the same situation whete he cuts inside into traffic or gets out muscled,again by passing or growing physically he can solve these problems. For me,as fans we have to.stick by this lad,hes the type of talent that might flourish more in other leagues and given his slight physique he has done well to get this far in scotland.Hes takes the kicks and doesnt react and when on his game,he's a matchwinner. I think PS can challenge temps to become even better imo.

Archived