Temps

the windae cleaner

the windae cleaner

just not doing it

whole team needs a good shake but

recently temps has been the most dissapointing :angry:

loveofthegame

I think he is better on the left than he is on the right. Problem for him is, Driver is better on the left than the right too... Different types of wingers. Driver much better going down to the byline, Temps better at cutting back inside.

The wee man will come good though, I'm sure of it.

Jambof3tornado

His developement has stalled thats for sure, Not sure he is strong enough for the scottish league. There are plenty as fast as him with much more strength about them.

Bulk up soon Temps or you will be gone at the end of your contract and it wont be to a bigger club.

Young players always do this, really impresss for 4 or 5 months then go right off the boil. The really good ones get it back.....time will tell.

Love him when he's on form but seems his confidence has gone! The way he is looking now the goal at E/R would never happen he seems afraid.

I'll ask the same thing I asked on another thread, I take it we are ignoring a good performance at Ibrox, a great shot that produced an excellent Pernis save and a great shot that produced an excellent Paks 'keeper save but led to Skacel's goal?

Now, I know he isn't on fire at the moment, but that isn't a bad start to the season.

Jambof3tornado

I'll ask the same thing I asked on another thread, I take it we are ignoring a good performance at Ibrox, a great shot that produced an excellent Pernis save and a great shot that produced an excellent Paks 'keeper save but led to Skacel's goal?

Now, I know he isn't on fire at the moment, but that isn't a bad start to the season.

But thats only little moments within a 90 minute game. He has to become consistant quickly and start to influence games more or he will be out the starting 11 ,and that will be a great shame as he clearly has talent.

Dont think hes playing that bad, just teams are wise to him. They are putting two players on him, which makes it impossible for him. Still a cracking player tho.

But thats only little moments within a 90 minute game. He has to become consistant quickly and start to influence games more or he will be out the starting 11 ,and that will be a great shame as he clearly has talent.

Sorry, I don't agree. Wide players are not expected to be all guns blazing every minute of the game, they are there to make things happen. I for one will be happy if our wide player(s) do at least one thing creative a game. I reiterate, he isn't on fire at the moment but he is contributing as much going forward as any Hearts player.

He will return to influencing games, of that I have no doubt, but at the moment we have fleeting signs. Whisper it, Neil McCann, Allan Johnston and even the great John Colquhoun were not on fire every game.

BoJack Horseman

I know he's not getting a full 90 minutes at the moment, but isn't this what Skacel is like and is universally praised by the fans?

Thunderstruck

Apart from half an hour against Whittaker at Ibrox, he has not been on fire for a long time. Good wingers are always causing trouble to defences, they should gave defenders scared of making a tackle, they should be able to get the ball to the head or feet of colleagues and above all they should know when to pass or run at defenders. Too often, he tries to recreate the goal at Easter Road.

Suso had much more of a positive effect on performances last season because he was unpredictable, because he had the skill and acceleration to turn defenders and get a yard of space and because he knew how to find a player with a good ball. It might not have worked for him every time but he was always involved - including tracking back to help his full back.

As I said on another thread, I hope he comes good as the game needs more players like him.

Apart from half an hour against Whittaker at Ibrox, he has not been on fire for a long time. Good wingers are always causing trouble to defences, they should gave defenders scared of making a tackle, they should be able to get the ball to the head or feet of colleagues and above all they should know when to pass or run at defenders. Too often, he tries to recreate the goal at Easter Road.

Suso had much more of a positive effect on performances last season because he was unpredictable, because he had the skill and acceleration to turn defenders and get a yard of space and because he knew how to find a player with a good ball. It might not have worked for him every time but he was always involved - including tracking back to help his full back.

As I said on another thread, I hope he comes good as the game needs more players like him.

So, APART from the game two weeks ago, he hasn't been on fire for ages. APART from the game where the Champions were skinned by Templeton. The fallout from that game was that he was publicly praised by the Rangers manager and Rangers players. Since then, we have had one poor game collectively and two solid games against European opposition.

Given we are talking about Templeton's "on fire" status and ignoring the game two weeks ago, I'd like to ask when Suso was last "on fire"?

Clerry Jambo

Temps has been poor recently but the lad has it in his locker and just needs the right guidance to get his confidence back

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

One good half and 2 decent shots from the other 2 games respectively? It's not bad but it's not great, either.

I'm confident he'll pull it back though.

Thunderstruck

So, APART from the game two weeks ago, he hasn't been on fire for ages. APART from the game where the Champions were skinned by Templeton. The fallout from that game was that he was publicly praised by the Rangers manager and Rangers players. Since then, we have had one poor game collectively and two solid games against European opposition.

Given we are talking about Templeton's "on fire" status and ignoring the game two weeks ago, I'd like to ask when Suso was last "on fire"?

Just before he was injured.

Are you honestly suggesting that one good game in twenty is good enough?

The problem is our lack of quality in midfield. Temps gets double marked because the rest of our midfield aren't fit for the purpose.

J.T.F.Robertson

Temps has been poor recently but the lad has it in his locker and just needs the right guidance to get his confidence back

And better players around him, wouldn't hurt. He is a prospect, but at this stage of his development he can't carry the team (nor be expected to) on his own.

Clerry Jambo

And better players around him, wouldn't hurt. He is a prospect, but at this stage of his development he can't carry the team (nor be expected to) on his own.

Certainly, I think we all know where the issues lie

One good half and 2 decent shots from the other 2 games respectively? It's not bad but it's not great, either.

I'm confident he'll pull it back though.

Who has performed better?

Just before he was injured.

Are you honestly suggesting that one good game in twenty is good enough?

Are you honestly saying it is only one good game in twenty?

Thunderstruck

Are you honestly saying it is only one good game in twenty?

It may have been more.

I am sure others in the team would welcome the leeway afforded ,by some supporters, to Templeton

He needs to start lifting his head and learn when to dribble and when to pass.

This may be JJ's fault. Temps was told every time he has the ball to go on runs and got shouted at when he didnt do it. Fact

It may have been more.

I am sure others in the team would welcome the leeway afforded ,by some supporters, to Templeton

Absolutely bonkers.

One trick pony, too predictable nowadays. Needs to adapt his game to progress. Always takes one touch too many and never seems to weigh up his options. Still has potential though and plenty of time to improve.

RoussetsShorts

it's no coincidence he always does well at Ibrox. The tighter pitches make it a bit more difficult for him, including Tynie. Last thing I would do is drop him, i'd play him through to form.

Thunderstruck

Absolutely bonkers.

Self praise is no honour.

I am sure you are compiling a list of his game-turning moments since the end of January. Shouldn't take you long - hopefully not as long as the list of goals that your favourite defender "has cost us".

Jambof3tornado

Temps downturn did coincide with Big Kev getting injured,now whether thats down to Kev freeing up space for Temps or just whether KK had a good effect on Temps attitude I dont know,but lets hope the Big man is back soon to give the team a real boost.

Temps cannot get by on 1 shot every 2 games and a goal every 20. He should be a constant threat and thats not happened for ages.

Self praise is no honour.

I am sure you are compiling a list of his game-turning moments since the end of January. Shouldn't take you long - hopefully not as long as the list of goals that your favourite defender "has cost us".

I don't see why I should be compiling you a list. I offered you a few incidents from the last few games that you are ignoring. I have also posed on this thread (albeit not directly to you) the question of who is doing better than him but I still haven't got an answer.

As for the defender, I wasn't going to name him as this thread is about Templeton, but since you have brought him up, it doesn't surprise me that it is you that doesn't seem to value the efforts of Templeton. I am certain that Templeton will go on to better things in football whilst Zaliukas will be lucky to get a good move from Hearts.

Temps downturn did coincide with Big Kev getting injured,now whether thats down to Kev freeing up space for Temps or just whether KK had a good effect on Temps attitude I dont know,but lets hope the Big man is back soon to give the team a real boost.

Temps cannot get by on 1 shot every 2 games and a goal every 20. He should be a constant threat and thats not happened for ages.

Who has played better than Templeton over that period? Taking that a step further, who is performing better than him now? From what I can see, people are advocating Kello, Grainger, Stevenson and eight kids for our team.

Jambof3tornado

Should add that Temps like anyone else in the team is liable to criticism when he under-performs. If he was Lithuanian he would have been hung drawn and quartered by now(on kickback only,not in the real outdoorsy type world!!)

Ardy didnt get many games before he was battered about on here.

Gregory House M.D.

He's hit two shot's and beat a defensively inept RB!?

we-are-not-worthy.gif

He's hit two shot's and beat a defensively inept RB!?

we-are-not-worthy.gif

I'll not even bother going into your inability to read my post properly as I cannot be hooped, so, straight onto your response. I take it that you are saying the defensively inept right back is Whittaker? Not sure if you noticed but he was a regular performer as they stormed to the league title last season. The list of players that skinned him will not be long.

Anyway, please feel free to enlighten me as to who has performed better than Templeton this season?

Gregory House M.D.

I'll not even bother going into your inability to read my post properly as I cannot be hooped, so, straight onto your response. I take it that you are saying the defensively inept right back is Whittaker? Not sure if you noticed but he was a regular performer as they stormed to the league title last season. The list of players that skinned him will not be long.

Anyway, please feel free to enlighten me as to who has performed better than Templeton this season?

Black, Obua, Grainger, Stevenson, Driver, Kello, McGowan, Jonsson.

Hope this helps.

In the 20 minutes I saw Novikovas play against United I thought he looked a bigger threat on the wing than Temps is. Novikovas plays the ball when it suits other players, Temps goes at his own pace.

grumpyespana

just not doing it

whole team needs a good shake but

recently temps has been the most dissapointing :angry:

They were saying on the radio that he got injured early in the game today thats why he had a poor game.

Grumpy.

Black, Obua, Grainger, Stevenson, Driver, Kello, McGowan, Jonsson.

Hope this helps.

I wasn't at today's game so cannot judge anybody on this performance, but....

Black has been dreadful.

Obua has played well, but only two games.

Stevenson. Whilst I mentioned him above, let's be clear he has only played well one game.

Driver has played okay once.

McGowan has been hot and cold.

Jonsson isn't as good at centre back as he is in midfield and it has shown.

Kello and Grainger I'd grant you, as noted above.

I find it absolutely baffling that you are saying that the above have performed better than Templeton, but, you are Happy Graham Weir, I shouldn't be so surprised. thumbsup.gif

In the 20 minutes I saw Novikovas play against United I thought he looked a bigger threat on the wing than Temps is. Novikovas plays the ball when it suits other players, Temps goes at his own pace.

20 minutes of Novikovas? You are taking the piss! :rofl:

Not even gonna dignify that with a full response!

Thunderstruck

I don't see why I should be compiling you a list. I offered you a few incidents from the last few games that you are ignoring. I have also posed on this thread (albeit not directly to you) the question of who is doing better than him but I still haven't got an answer.

If half-an-hour at Ibrox and two shots on goal at home (one of which was long after the game had been put to bed) are good enough for you then there seems to be little point in continuing a debate.

The brutal truth is, however, that he had a few goods weeks last season before opposition managers sussed him out and, since then, he has been peripheral to games.

gowestjambo

Dont think hes playing that bad, just teams are wise to him. They are putting two players on him, which makes it impossible for him. Still a cracking player tho.

If you watched him today, you would not have made that statement........

20 minutes of Novikovas? You are taking the piss! :rofl:

Not even gonna dignify that with a full response!

How many balls did Temps play in the box that game? Every time Arvy got the ball he had the head up looking for movement in the box, and when he saw a target he played it straight in. Temps keeps his head down to much and takes it all on himself. It used to end up in him scoring goals but now he seems to get on the edge of the 18 yard box before taking that one touch too many before giving the ball straight to an opposing defender.

Gregory House M.D.

I wasn't at today's game so cannot judge anybody on this performance, but....

Black has been dreadful.

Obua has played well, but only two games.

Stevenson. Whilst I mentioned him above, let's be clear he has only played well one game.

Driver has played okay once.

McGowan has been hot and cold.

Jonsson isn't as good at centre back as he is in midfield and it has shown.

Kello and Grainger I'd grant you, as noted above.

I find it absolutely baffling that you are saying that the above have performed better than Templeton, but, you are Happy Graham Weir, I shouldn't be so surprised. thumbsup.gif

Templeton hasn't played well in any. McGowans had one bad game. Blacks been good. Driver done more in two games than temps in 7 months. Stevensons our top scorer. Obua has hardly put a foot wrong. Templetons been shite all year. The novelty of Templeton's direct play has worn off and he is nowhere near strong enough.

Last act of a sinking ship.

Cheers,

Happy Graham Weir x

Wasn't his day today and he took a dull one about 15 minutes into the game

but

He needs to start lifting his head and learn when to dribble and when to pass.

This totally.

I said after the Dundee Utd game that he needs to judge when to pass it better than he does as he's continually trying to hang on to it for too long and he did the same again today.

When he gets it right though, he fecking gets its right.

It'll come, no doubt about it.

How many balls did Temps play in the box that game? Every time Arvy got the ball he had the head up looking for movement in the box, and when he saw a target he played it straight in. Temps keeps his head down to much and takes it all on himself. It used to end up in him scoring goals but now he seems to get on the edge of the 18 yard box before taking that one touch too many before giving the ball straight to an opposing defender.

I didn't count either players crosses. What I can say is that in that particular game it took an excellent save from Pernis to stop Templeton from Scoring. What about Novikovas?

Templeton hasn't played well in any. McGowans had one bad game. Blacks been good. Driver done more in two games than temps in 7 months. Stevensons our top scorer. Obua has hardly put a foot wrong. Templetons been shite all year. The novelty of Templeton's direct play has worn off and he is nowhere near strong enough.

Last act of a sinking ship.

Cheers,

Happy Graham Weir x

Well, I can only conclude that you didn't see the Rangers game. As it was roundly agreed that he played well. To the extent that the opposition all remarked that he was the big danger prior to him going off injured.

Don't sink, you won't be here to amuse me if you are at the bottom of the ocean.thumbsup.gif

Archived