4-6-0

Sten Guns

57 mins with no recognised strikers.

33 mins with one.

:vrface:

Eh? Stevenson was playing up front. Therefore not 4-6-0. :blink:

Some amount of complete *******s on here.

He Who Cannot Be Named

With Eggy being a midfielder surely by your logic it was a 3-7-0 we were playing?

Tyrion Lannister

We tried to play a 4-3-3 with our front three having free roles to do what they want, with our fullbacks roaming the line.

Unfortunately our players just weren't very good at it today. It'll come though.

to be honest i think we should start playing 4-4-2 with two strikers none of this 4-4-3 pish

so with your 4-4-3 formation did we sneak an extra player on? or did we play nearest player is goalie?

Greedy_Jambo

It doesn't matter who we have as manager we always tend to play with 1 striker. Vlad demanding 4-5-1? We don't have good enough strikers? or the rest or the defence and midfield is so poor that we have to bulk up with numbers.

You decide.

Radioactive Mince

It doesn't matter who we have as manager we always tend to play with 1 striker. Vlad demanding 4-5-1? We don't have good enough strikers? or the rest or the defence and midfield is so poor that we have to bulk up with numbers.

You decide.

THIS.

Seems awfully coincidental that 4-5-1 has been the preferred set-up of at least our last six managers...

Hearts of Vladland

Villa and Pedro.

When ever I watched Barca last season Villa and Pedro both played on the wing...

jamboinglasgow

When ever I watched Barca last season Villa and Pedro both played on the wing...

With playing a false number 9 where he drops behind the two.

jamboinglasgow

So were back to Vlad forcing the formation onto our manager, do you even realize how stupid that is?

Seems pretty much this.

It is also ignoring the fact that in 09/10 season Csaba quite often played a 4-4-2 and it still didn't work. I always find that in this country were are quite naive about formations and it seems to just be 4-4-2 bad, 4-5-1 (even though that could be 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1, or even a 4-3-3 with the two forwards playing slightly deeper) bad.

Radioactive Mince

So were back to Vlad forcing the formation onto our manager, do you even realize how stupid that is?

Not saying one way or another.

Just... awfully coincidental.

jamboinglasgow

So, JIG: All formations are bad. Cool.

Think most Hearts fans would agree.

formations are the reason we are losing. I think we should go onto the pitch without a set formation. Just every man for himself, but then is that a formation. My mind is failing...

Let's not kid ourselves, trying to compare Barcelona not using an out and out centre forward with us is ridiculous. As has been stated both Pedro and Villa are forwards. Yeah they played out wide now and again but when you have the players that Barca have, it's easy for players to have more of a free role. We need some new faces, particularly at least one possibly two creative midfielders. We are uterly devoid of any creativity at the moment. We also need another striker and another centre half.

RoussetsShorts

what's even worse is folk on here think Kyle would make a big difference :goodone: :keys: :vrface::facepalm:

Gregory House M.D.

what's even worse is folk on here think Kyle would make a big difference

Whats even worse is you pretending you support Hearts. :facepalm: :goodone: :keys:

can sutton not be used up front on his tod? we miss kyle badly though, and i feel he will keep getting injuries, he doesnt really look like a naturally fit guy, built more like a farmer lol

RoussetsShorts

can sutton not be used up front on his tod? we miss kyle badly though, and i feel he will keep getting injuries, he doesnt really look like a naturally fit guy, built more like a farmer lol

what difference is Kyle going to make when we create zero chances. none. zero. absolutely nowt.

Whats even worse is you pretending you support Hearts. :facepalm: :goodone: :keys:

in fairness tho. If sergio wants to play a passing game I can't see Kyle being involved. He's not got great movement and let's face it his passing is pretty shocking.

As much as I love the big man he would probably be sub at best to make room for quicker more mobile strikers.

what difference is Kyle going to make when we create zero chances. none. zero. absolutely nowt.

Go **** yourself.

RoussetsShorts

Go **** yourself.

why? there's a myth on here that as soon as Kyle is fit we'll magically be a great team. I would argue the teams problems lie a little further back than that.

why? there's a myth on here that as soon as Kyle is fit we'll magically be a great team. I would argue the teams problems lie a little further back than that.

Go **** yourself.

Gregory House M.D.

*******s calling other Jambos *******s:

:Vlad-Stupid:

My Irony-o-meter just broke.

The stats dont lie. With Kyle in the team we are far better than without. IHe doesnt make us a great team. What he gives us though is a focal point, someone to play off, someone to worry the opposition and most of all a leader who doesnt take defeat easily like the rest of them.

RoussetsShorts

The stats dont lie. With Kyle in the team we are far better than without. IHe doesnt make us a great team. What he gives us though is a focal point, someone to play off, someone to worry the opposition and most of all a leader who doesnt take defeat easily like the rest of them.

is 'someone to play off' going to fit in with Paulo's philosophy though, i can't see him wanting us to bang long balls up to him. I hope he can fit him in but I also think it's madness to pin the hopes of the season on one, albeit decent, striker.

Archived