Robbo to lose 2 goals versus Hibs

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

Disaster :)

Disputed Goals Guidelines

Which player scored the goal? Who gets the credit? Who gets the blame? Sometimes the answer is not clear and a judgement is required. When there is a doubt about the goalscorer in a UEFA match, the following guidelines will be used to make a decision:

Basic Philosophy

Fairness, player protection and the promotion of the game will be paramount when assessing disputed goals.

Priority Considerations

A. Was the shot goal-bound before any intervention by another player?

B. Did the player play the ball or did the ball play the player?

C. When there is uncertainty, the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker.

1. Own Goals (Defending Team)

A goal is classed as an own goal when:

A. A player inadvertently plays the ball into his own net (e.g. a mis-hit clearance, a poor back-pass, etc.). This is the clear-cut case where the ball ends up in the net due to the defenders' active participation.

B. A player redirects (i.e. plays) an opponent?s shot, cross or pass (which is going wide of the target) into his own goal.

Further Guidance

? Shots which deflect/glance off a defender on the way into the net are not considered as own goals. In such cases, the credit for the goal, according to UEFA's basic philosophy, should go to the attacking player who hit the goal-bound shot.

? Shots which rebound from the goal frame and are redirected back into their own net by an outfield player or a goalkeeper will be viewed as an own goal.

2. Deflected/Redirected Goals (Attacking Team)

A. In the case of shots which inadvertently deflect off a team-mate into the opponent?s net, the goal will be awarded to the player who struck the goal-bound shot in the first place. If the shot is not goal-bound and strikes a team-mate, then the goal will be awarded to the player who last touched the ball.

B. When a goal-bound shot is played/redirected into the opponent?s net by a team-mate, the goal will be attributed to the team-mate whose active participation produced the change of direction.

The Decision-Making Process

1. The referee will identify the goalscorer in his report ? if necessary, after consultation with the UEFA delegate, the UEFA referees observer and the participating coaches.

2. In rare controversial/disputed cases, when there is disagreement about the decision, UEFA's technical representative(s) will confirm the goalscorer, after studying the TV footage from various angles.

Hearts Heritage
So what s your point?

By your handle you know the answer already! ;)

iI he was credited with them at the time,thats good enough for me and probably every other Jambo out there.

Rules are for fools ;)

When you are jumping about the terrace does it really matter who scored?

:Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun:

Robbo was/is a legend, aye. But whether he score a goal or not makes not ferkin difference to me now!!!!!

MonkeyHeidHater

Any thoughts on Paul McStay's "goal" versus the CIS (russia - not the diddy cup!!) in the Euro 92 finals in sweden? McStay hits from 25 yards, ball hits post, hits the keeper's back (who had dived to attempt a save) and goes in.

Universally given as McStay's goal. Nowadays - i reckon it goes down as an og every time...

Any thoughts on Paul McStay's "goal" versus the CIS (russia - not the diddy cup!!) in the Euro 92 finals in sweden? McStay hits from 25 yards, ball hits post, hits the keeper's back (who had dived to attempt a save) and goes in.

Universally given as McStay's goal. Nowadays - i reckon it goes down as an og every time...

That was the other useless tattie muncher McClairs only goal for Scotland was it not, and he got picked before Robbo

Look on the bright side.

If the history books are to be changed then they have to give Dave McPherson one when he deflected a Craig Levein shot with his ARSE!!!

We score all sorts of goals against them.

Which two goals are they taking off Robbo?

My guess would be the looping deflection in 1983 and perhaps the Pat McGinlay one in 1990???

Someone must be writing a new book or something and the only new material they can think of is changing 20 year old stats. Sad!

It is unless its Wayne Rooney who hits it, remember he got accredited with it against Switzerland in Euro 2004? (i think)

Hearts Heritage
Look on the bright side.

If the history books are to be changed then they have to give Dave McPherson one when he deflected a Craig Levein shot with his ARSE!!!

We score all sorts of goals against them.

Which two goals are they taking off Robbo?

My guess would be the looping deflection in 1983 and perhaps the Pat McGinlay one in 1990???

Someone must be writing a new book or something and the only new material they can think of is changing 20 year old stats. Sad!

I was being ironic. ;) Of course they won't change the record books.

The 2 I was thinking of were; one at ER which looked as if it was going past and took a big deflection and the PG one.

MonkeyHeidHater
That was the other useless tattie muncher McClairs only goal for Scotland was it not, and he got picked before Robbo

Nahh mate it was McStays - very odd that you got them mixed up 'cause many others seem to also ! I've won a couple of bets about who scored which goal..

McClair's was (i think) a shot from the left hand side of the penalty area which took a deflection off a defender and looped in...

Then Gary Mac finished off the scoring with a penalty - leaving us "higher placed" in the 8 team tourney than rubbish england!!

Imeantasong
Nahh mate it was McStays - very odd that you got them mixed up 'cause many others seem to also ! I've won a couple of bets about who scored which goal..

McClair's was (i think) a shot from the left hand side of the penalty area which took a deflection off a defender and looped in...

Then Gary Mac finished off the scoring with a penalty - leaving us "higher placed" in the 8 team tourney than rubbish england!!

That's how I remember them.

A deflection (McClair's only Scotland goal) , an own goal (he plays for Celtic so we'd better give McStay the credit) and a penalty (No comment about Macca and penalties). Total style.

The only team ever to have beaten the CIS (and no-one else can).

Archived