What Happens When You Die?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

maroonlegions
It's obvious. How could you possibly experience anything once your body/brain has completely stopped functioning? To suggest otherwise is crazy talk.

and what if there is another consciousness that does not rely on the physical body or brain but operates on another frequency , vibratory reality then the above point is crazy talk , there is a lot of unknown research and evidence to suggest that this could be very true but untill one researches and digs deeper then we are left to judge it on a lack of knowledge:rolleyes:

maroonlegions

The heavens, Pythagoras "taught, are the realm of pure number, where objects move in perfect, unchanging circles, the realm that can best be perceived through pure reason. . .

"Our only release from our earthly body, 'the tomb of the soul,' is withdrawal from the world to dispassionate contemplation of reason and mathematics." 1

The Perennial Tradition explores how Divine Consciousness manifests as energy, through such ordering principles as number and frequency. Perennialist teachers Hermes, Pythagoras, and Plato explicated how energy, number, and frequency comprise the elemental substrate of Reality.

"But now the sight of day and night, and the months and the revolutions of the years have created number and have given us a conception of time, and the power of inquiring about the nature of the universe. And from this source we have derived philosophy, than which no greater good ever was or will be given by the gods to mortal man."

Plato, Timaeus

The Perennial Tradition deals with fundamental mysteries and the most basic questions:

* Why is there being at all?

* Why is our physical world ordered, and not governed by incoherent chaos?

* Why and how is this "Cosmos" (as the Greeks termed it) intelligible to humans?

* What is the essence of these organizing principles: number, frequency, pattern, structure, harmony, culture, and form?

* How do these organizing principles make apperception, understanding, and intelligence possible?

In this essay, we investigate elemental, unknown, as yet inexplicable realities--in short, Mysteries. Unfortunately, to the ordinary mind these essences will seem commonplace and lackluster. To them, there will appear to be no supernatural quality in such awe-inspiring Mysteries as being, existence, space, time, goodness, number, and frequency.

"The deeper secrets and laws of our being are self-protected; to learn them requires an adaptation of character and purpose, and a humility of mind and spirit, inconsistent with those displayed by the perverse or merely curious enquirer. To understand, let alone practically to explore, the Hermetic Mystery is not for every one--at least, at his present state of evolutional unfolding. . . . Only to those whose spiritual destiny has already equipped them with a certain high measure of moral and intellectual fitness will even a rough notional apprehension of it be practicable."

Mary A. Atwood, Hermetic Philosophy and Alchemy, 1850

Pythagoras, Plato, and later Perennialist savants have demonstrated that Reality is constructed, at its deepest level, by the imposition of divine organizing principles. Such principles as "energy," "number," and "frequency" are not merely mental patterns of thought imposed on a "blank tablet" (tabula rasa) of bodily sensations. These canons of order are imminent in physical reality and are discoverable through philosophical, mathematical, and scientific investigation.

The Elemental Mystery of Energy

Contemporary progressive scientists have come to the same hypothesis as that of early philosophers that the basic element of Reality is consciousness manifested as energy. Energy is studied and described as particles/waves, since neither aspect is accurate by itself. In sub-atomic physics, elemental reality is conceived of not as "things" but as foci of energy. Form is the result of specific frequencies, energy vibration rates. Specific energy fields, manifesting through individual frequencies, assume distinct forms.:P:rolleyes::dribble: So in theory we all can live forever and death is not the end.:)

What happens when you die? You rot.

There's no soul, no afterlife, no resurrection and no reincarnation.

If you believe in things like that you may as well believe in unicorns and intelligent Americans.

portobellojambo1
there will be hunners and hunners of virgins waiting to put in there place by MrM.

God will be circling in an ice cream van selling thai food, good grass, and pouring the finest Havana Club the planets seen, topping me up with more virgins when needed.

Pretty sure thats what happens.

Think maybe you are getting dying and a good Friday night out in Newcastle mixed up Kenny.

I have always wondered what happens when you die..!!

A question that can never be answered, until you die yourself, and when you do find out, its not like you can come back and tell anyone because you are dead!! :blink: :blink:

Aye right then, pull the other one!

portobellojambo1
What Happens When You Die?

Dunno, never experienced it. There are some days I have awakened feeling dead, some days I have awakened looking dead, but so far I am still on the go, as far as I am aware.

It's one of those situations you don't know the answer to until its too late to come back and tell anyone, I think.

Dunno, never experienced it. There are some days I have awakened feeling dead, some days I have awakened looking dead, but so far I am still on the go, as far as I am aware.

It's one of those situations you don't know the answer to until its too late to come back and tell anyone, I think.

....and continued.....

Maroonlegions,

Are you saying whilst alive we are perceivable frequencies and when we die we become unperceivable frequencies?

If so then that requires as great a leap of faith as believing in God.

I expected better from Pythagorus!

maroonlegions
Maroonlegions,

Are you saying whilst alive we are perceivable frequencies and when we die we become unperceivable frequencies?

If so then that requires as great a leap of faith as believing in God.

I expected better from Pythagorus!

no, iam not , think of it this way in the form of radio waves , we are tune into right now the physical frequency and when we die we tune into a higher non-physical frequency a bit like tuning into another station we are the DIAL on the radio, the piece that PICKS up the frequency , because the vast majority of us are unaware of the non-physical frequency when tuned in on earth its hard to conceive of any other reality but does not mean that the other non-physical realities do not exist , the form of dreaming is a small pointer of what the next vibrational frequency is like , purely subjective and a place that the subconscious mind is at home with.:rolleyes::cool:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
no, iam not , think of it this way in the form of radio waves , we are tune into right now the physical frequency and when we die we tune into a higher non-physical frequency a bit like tuning into another station we are the DIAL on the radio, the piece that PICKS up the frequency , because the vast majority of us are unaware of the non-physical frequency when tuned in on earth its hard to conceive of any other reality but does not mean that the other non-physical realities do not exist , the form of dreaming is a small pointer of what the next vibrational frequency is like , purely subjective and a place that the subconscious mind is at home with.:rolleyes::cool:

Maroonlegions is providing the kind of answer I was looking for.

No offence guys but the whole 'Whats happens when you die ... you die/you get buried/you get burned' gag is pish!

Who is to say this is the end?

Science? Hmmmmm ...

This has been done on the old KB but it's an interesting topic.

What, in your opinion, happens once you kick the bucket?

I hope you continue in some way but just can't see it.

Reckon it's just like being asleep or being absolutely reekin'

With your username, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title was....

"we're also taking emails on the big question 'what happens after we die?'

frederick emails to say he has 4 children, he is the proud father of a new baby boy - joshua, and his daughter - susan, 5 - has just started school, and he thinks after death there is NOTHING "

:P

Drew Busby !

All systems, living, manufactured or celestial ... need energy to either exist or to keep doing whatever it is they do. Once the juice is turned off, then they stop, either abruptly or slowly. But stop they do.

So exactly what energy source would this higher non-physical frequency version of "us", use to keep itself going ?

You loose your fortunes and qualifications and end up working in a call centre

Just ask irvine jambo :)

Bit upset here, take it there are no angels up there then....who make the fajita's with phili cheese and feed you them???

On a serious note I believe that our spirits live on somewhere and we communicate through these mediums etc, too many stories from friends which have been very true!

Drew Busby !

There is no evidence for the existence of life after death so I accept that when the brain dies, that "we" die.

More pragmatically, if there was any evidence that our dead parents, grandparents etc were somehow gazing down on all of us and watching our lives unfold in real-time, and seeing all the kinds of dubious moral, emotional and sexual exploits that "the living" collectively get up to, then I'd be mortified ;):rolleyes:

its great how the ad on the top is about making a will, ironic eh:p

Nope:)

The ad's on KB adapt to the threads topic. So we are talking about death and funerals, we get ad's for wills.

We talk about mobile phones, we get ad's for that.

rudi must stay
Nope:)

The ad's on KB adapt to the threads topic. So we are talking about death and funerals, we get ad's for wills.

We talk about mobile phones, we get ad's for that.

ah right, that's quite clever for this place eh.

Bit upset here, take it there are no angels up there then....who make the fajita's with phili cheese and feed you them???

On a serious note I believe that our spirits live on somewhere and we communicate through these mediums etc, too many stories from friends which have been very true!

This is so true michelle, John and I have been told things that have happened recently that we were told months ago by a spiritulist person.

just ask john about his car:rolleyes:

All systems, living, manufactured or celestial ... need energy to either exist or to keep doing whatever it is they do. Once the juice is turned off, then they stop, either abruptly or slowly. But stop they do.

So exactly what energy source would this higher non-physical frequency version of "us", use to keep itself going ?

If all systems need energy to exist what is the energy source that keeps the universe functioning?

[/b]

This is so true michelle, John and I have been told things that have happened recently that we were told months ago by a spiritulist person.

just ask john about his car:rolleyes:

Yeah have been told too many things over the years that have made the hair on the back of my head stand up!! I have never been to a medium/spiritualist but believe what I have been told through friends/family.

Dix Handley
Die ya Bassa!! ;)

"It is a far,far better thing that i do,than i have ever done.

It is a far,far better rest that i go to, than i have ever known."

(...right, wheres those Dundee virgins i was promised?);)

Believing in an afterlife is one thing, but believing the people out there who claim to be in touch with people who have recently died is another thing altogether, and can be pretty dangerous.

If you ever consider going to see a medium, you should think twice about it. Even if you think it's a bit of fun, by supporting these disguisting people and giving them a level of credibility, you are helping them exploit some incredibly vulnerable people.

Take a look at this article in The Scotsman:

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Mystery-ends-in-tragedy-after.3918174.jp

The parents of a man who was found dead in a tent in the Highlands, spent thousands travelling to Wales because a clairvoyant they consulted said that's where he was. To me that is sick, and the paper should have named and shamed these con artists.

Suddenly it isn't "just a bit of fun" any more.

Have a look at this daft bint on US TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRc4LkBRjIc

I don't mean to have a go at the girls on the thread who have said they believe in this sort of thing, but it only takes one person to be convinced and they will tell 1000's of people. If a psychic gets it wrong, no-one notices. They rely on fooling one person and letting them convince everyone.

How do they fool people? Watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxvPJFv6X94&feature=related

I'll let you make up your own mind after viewing all the videos.

If all systems need energy to exist what is the energy source that keeps the universe functioning?

The truth is, we don't know the full answer.

No-one does, and probably, no one ever will.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that we don't have all the answers. People should be humble when faced with a question like this.

Of course, where we disagree is that you think you'll get all the answers when you die and go to heaven. I don't.

You loose your fortunes and qualifications and end up working in a call centre

Just ask irvine jambo :)

:) :) :):):)

maroonlegions

eh , HIGHER NON-PHYSICAL FREQUENCY ENERGY:p, some call it the life force, hard to give it a straight ,layman's type explanation , it cannot at present be detected or produced in a lab, its pure ETHER , kind of consciousness at a oneness with its one vibration and that vibration gives it the energy frequency it needs to exist, hard to take in or perceive if you think of it in terms of the physical energy and what that energy needs to exist, the 2 are different in the way they exist , if consciousness can survive without physical bodily aid then there has to be a vibration frequency that sustains it .:P:cool:

maroonlegions

true energy is boundless and it is no different in sustaining life forms.:cool:

Thanks for the clarification.

If I was to be honest though, it all sounds like a scientific way of justifying the existance of Heaven.

Like the concept of Heaven you can't either prove or disprove that it exists until you are dead and then it is too late because you are um, dead.

I would have to be further sceptical by the use of "the vast majority of us are unaware" as this suggests that only a small enlightened group are capable of understanding the truth.

This was the doctrine followed by the Roman Catholic church for hundreds of years ie the bible could only be written in Latin and only read by the priests.

When this sort of situation arises I do not believe they are protecting the truth but hiding the falsehood.

This has been done on the old KB but it's an interesting topic.

What, in your opinion, happens once you kick the bucket?

I hope you continue in some way but just can't see it.

Reckon it's just like being asleep or being absolutely reekin'

What happends when you die? Hang yourself and find out. If it is any good let us know.

Archived