What Happens When You Die?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This has been done on the old KB but it's an interesting topic.

What, in your opinion, happens once you kick the bucket?

I hope you continue in some way but just can't see it.

Reckon it's just like being asleep or being absolutely reekin'

The Old Tolbooth

I think your heart stops :D

And since I don't have a will, I get to watch from above as my dearly beloved fight over my wealth...

Your no a doctor are you John?!

The Old Tolbooth
And since I don't have a will, I get to watch from above as my dearly beloved fight over my wealth...

Crikey, you dont have a will, I didnt know that :cheese:

You get taken to the morgue, some sort of funeral service will probably be held for you, and your corpse will be buried and decompose, or be incinerated and turned to ash.

dunno.

to die would be an awfully big adventure

In what way would it be an adventure? You can't experience anything when you are dead.

Rick Grimes
In what way would it be an adventure? You can't experience anything when you are dead.

its from Peter Pan.

though, you should think about what it actually means.

The Old Tolbooth
worms eat you, seems fair enough!:blahblah:

I dont think thats fair, I mean, would you eat worms? :confused:

chester copperpot
I dont think thats fair, I mean, would you eat worms? :confused:

No the worms eat you mate. :confused:

How do you know?

there will be hunners and hunners of virgins waiting to put in there place by MrM.

God will be circling in an ice cream van selling thai food, good grass, and pouring the finest Havana Club the planets seen, topping me up with more virgins when needed.

Pretty sure thats what happens.

there will be hunners and hunners of virgins waiting to put in there place by MrM.

God will be circling in an ice cream van selling thai food, good grass, and pouring the finest Havana Club the planets seen, topping me up with more virgins when needed.

Would you want virgins? Personally I'd prefer to be up against someone with a wee bit of experience...

Would you want virgins? Personally I'd prefer to be up against someone with a wee bit of experience...

Good point..... chuck in some well used slags.... but not for me, to hold lectures in a gold plated lecture theatre, educating the virgins on how to please a man of my stature. :P

If you want the shlags after the tutorials I'm more than happy Boris.

won't be much of a fight cos the the rules on intestate succession will apply!

I dont think anything much happens when you die....just become nothing....like before you were born.

you either rot....or as i would prefer you get cremated...!

I have always wondered what happens when you die..!!

A question that can never be answered, until you die yourself, and when you do find out, its not like you can come back and tell anyone because you are dead!! :blink: :blink:

Sexton Hardcastle

No way !?

Maybe we are all dead and living in a second life.. one were Hibs dominate and lift cups over and over again... naaah

I'm can't say what will happen, but I know what won't happen - and that's Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

FWIW, I don't reckon anything happens when we die. There is no afterlife, heaven, better place or re-incarnation. It's the end. Simple.

:eek:

maroonlegions

Explaining a Spiritual Experience

BY ARLENE HARDER, MA, MFT

This piece describes the difficulty of describing the essence of any spiritual or peak experience.

What is spirituality?

If you were asked for a definition of spirituality, what would you answer? Of course, your definition would be quite different if you were a monotheist, humanist, polytheist, follower of New Age concepts, or Native American.

Would your answer be a definition you've heard from the wise men and women who have taught you about their spiritual experiences, or would you use your own experiences to give your definition of spirituality?

However, if you want to define spirituality because of what you've experienced, as Explaining a Spiritual Experience illustrates, you realize that:

bulletthe most important thing about such experiences is the experience itself.

bulletthe second most important thing is what you tell yourself about what you've experienced and how that understanding informs your perception of the non-physical world, and

bulletthe third most important thing is what you tell others about your experience.

Therefore, once you have had a profound spiritual experience, you are aware of the difficulty of translating your experience into words ? and you know this is true for everyone. So when you hear someone else talk about their spiritual experience in words you wouldn't have used, you realize they are merely trying to express the essence of what has happened to them in the best way they can.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
What happens when you die?

You're dead.

too simple :P a explanation for the one thing in life nae one can get out off, there are tones of books on the subject but the one that stuck in my mind is The Art Of Astral Projection were the author explains his experiences about what happened to him over his childhood and adult life, to cut it short he started to have vivid and very detailed recollections of what he thought were waking dreams but as they got stronger he knew they were very different from normal dreams , he then got to the stage were he could at will bring about this process at anytime of day:dribble: , he believed that he was leaving his body and travelling about in what he called his ,"astral doulble", this body did not obay the limitations of the physical body and he could go anywhere , i for one have an open mind on the subject it would not surprise me in the least that one day it will be discovered that we all in fact do survive physical death and our conscious passes on to a different vibrationally plane or field , nature has many more tricks up her sleeve and to pretend or to think she has shown us all there is,is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.:rolleyes:

rudi must stay

you die.. Don't believe any more happens than that. Ofcourse nobody can really tell you can they :confused:

Oxford City
I'm going to heaven, which is nice.

No...if you're really the Doctor, what happens when you die is you get replaced by another actor (usually one slightly more annoying than the last one).

The Old Tolbooth
When I die, I'll come back as a ghost and haunt celebrity bedrooms, female only of course :D

I think you'll need a sidekick mate ;)

the voice from above

you're buried cremated or decapitated and dumped in the sea...

I P Knightley
You go to Heaven and meet the baby Jebus

Ahh but is the baby Jesus or the full-grown 33-year-old Jesus with the Jaggy Bunnet and the holes in his side, hands & feet.

If we're destined to meet our loved ones when we get to heaven, I hope we get to choose which version of them we see.

I'd hate to be shepherded into Angelina Jolie's room to service her only to find an 88-year-old withered hag.

Charlatans like Doris Stokes will pretend you are still alive somewhere in Spiritland and charge your loved ones ?200 just to 'remind' them that you loved them (or didn't , as the case may be).

the voice from above

Good point..... chuck in some well used slags.... but not for me, to hold lectures in a gold plated lecture theatre, educating the virgins on how to please a man of my stature. :P

If you want the shlags after the tutorials I'm more than happy Boris.

where do i sign? :dribble::dribble::dribble:

"do you know where hell is? hell is easter road

heaven is tynecastle where the hibees sh**e their load"

:107years:

Don't think anything happens after you die...you just cease to exist. As nice as afterlife and heaven and such sound, I think it is just the fragile human mind that can't accept that there is 'nothing' after death.

Kinda my take on religion a bit too. Simple refusal to accept that there really is no purpose of us, so we created this imaginary scenario to validate existence.

Anyhoo...thats my deep and meaningful thoughts for the day

How do you know?

It's obvious. How could you possibly experience anything once your body/brain has completely stopped functioning? To suggest otherwise is crazy talk.

I didn't realise you were a muslim jihadi Kenny. :eek:

In the words of a caller to your show Alan, "after death there is NOTHING!"

Belter.

And we have such and such who has a loving wife and two beautiful daughters and he believes that after death there is NOTHING.

Archived