Interesting meeting!

weegie jambo

Same could be said about a lot of things then Coco.

How are Rangers going to fund the ?800m redevelopment of of Ibrox and the surrounding area? No one ever really pulled them up when that plan was in the papers.

Same could be said about a lot of things then Coco.

How are Rangers going to fund the ?800m redevelopment of of Ibrox and the surrounding area? No one ever really pulled them up when that plan was in the papers.

Murray's companies have a record of developing properties in Scotland and have been involved with reinvigorating a football stadium before. In addition David Murray has the support of the establishment in this country. Would suspect there is more chance of it actually happening.

Murray's companies have a record of developing properties in Scotland and have been involved with reinvigorating a football stadium before. In addition David Murray has the support of the establishment in this country. Would suspect there is more chance of it actually happening.

But doesn't Romanov have experience of building stadiums (albeit outwith Scotland). Pretty sure he is involved in some pretty decent looking projects in Lithuania and Belarus (i think).

I'm not disagreeing with what you say though. Murray is definitely a more acceptable figure to back, and I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen.

But i've seen nothing to say Vlad (ubig) don't have the resources to cover the outlay of the 50million stand...maybe the don't...but then where is Murray finding 800million?

It is just easy to bash Vlad cause he is an outsider trying to build the stand, rather than someone like David Murray. But the proof certainly points to the fact the all the wheels are in motion for the new stand at Tynecastle

Dirk Diggler

But i've seen nothing to say Vlad (ubig) don't have the resources to cover the outlay of the 50million stand...maybe the don't..

At the start of 2007, total assets of UBIG controlled companies amounted to Eur 537 million. Total turnover during 2006 was Eur 392 million and the total number of employees working in group controlled companies is over 4,500

Ultimately, if VR wants to build it he will.

Independence
They may have the intention of building it - but they may not have the means.

More negativity.

Why would VR go to all this bother if he did not have the means to progress it?

By all means crticise VR but when there is so much proof, right in front of your eyes, that this project is progressing why do you still manage to put a negative spin on it.

If VR had no intention of building the new stand then why doesn't he just walk away. This surely would be the easiest solution.

The only establishment from which VR needs support is the planning committee and local authority as a whole. From what I've heard, he has submitted a peach of a planning application, Hearts haven't put a foot wrong in terms of the consultations etc and he has a decent relationship with those at the city chambers.

If he managed to snap up the old bank building on St Andrews Square without any whisper of a problem, I don't know why there's as much concernt that he doesn't have the cash. There may be issues, I don't yet know...I think we can only wait and see when it comes to that...but I don't think it'll be anything to do with either planning or finding the cash.

But doesn't Romanov have experience of building stadiums (albeit outwith Scotland). Pretty sure he is involved in some pretty decent looking projects in Lithuania and Belarus (i think).

I'm not disagreeing with what you say though. Murray is definitely a more acceptable figure to back, and I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen.

But i've seen nothing to say Vlad (ubig) don't have the resources to cover the outlay of the 50million stand...maybe the don't...but then where is Murray finding 800million?

It is just easy to bash Vlad cause he is an outsider trying to build the stand, rather than someone like David Murray. But the proof certainly points to the fact the all the wheels are in motion for the new stand at Tynecastle

I can't remember which stadiums were mentioned but I'm pretty sure one of them might have been the National stadium for Lithuania. Liutauras Varanavicius is the boss of the Lithuanian Football Federation so that would make sense I guess...

More negativity.

Why would VR go to all this bother if he did not have the means to progress it?

By all means crticise VR but when there is so much proof, right in front of your eyes, that this project is progressing why do you still manage to put a negative spin on it.

If VR had no intention of building the new stand then why doesn't he just walk away. This surely would be the easiest solution.

Why would VR employ the likes of Malofeev, Ivanauskas, Chernenkov and himself as football team managers if he wanted Hearts to succeed?

I don't think there is any grand conspiracy at Hearts. I think that there is a fair bit of evidence that Hearts are run by incompetent people. And reports of the huge price for St Andrews Square and the failure to open the bank in Castle Street suggests that there are issues with the management too. VR and team may try to build the development - and go over all the hurdles - but a failure to find finance may derail it.

I am not any more convinced when I hear from Charlie Mann that Hearts will both fund the stand and see profits flow to the playing staff - simultaneously.

I have seen estimates of the assets UBIG control. I have not seen estimates of how they are funded and how much (if any) profit that they make.

I think that the evidence is that there are lots of issues in funding particularly for property developments at the moment. Perhaps UBIG will be able to fund some of their proposed projects.

I have seen estimates of the assets UBIG control. I have not seen estimates of how they are funded and how much (if any) profit that they make.

I think that the evidence is that there are lots of issues in funding particularly for property developments at the moment. Perhaps UBIG will be able to fund some of their proposed projects.

Is it not the case though Coco, that only a certain percentage of the funding would come from UBIG? If they operate like a normal investment company, would the funding not be sought from several different organisations to hedge against risk?

In the current climate that is where the problem would lie, as investors are very twitchy at the moment about any kind of risky investment...

Is it not the case though Coco, that only a certain percentage of the funding would come from UBIG? If they operate like a normal investment company, would the funding not be sought from several different organisations to hedge against risk?

In the current climate that is where the problem would lie, as investors are very twitchy at the moment about any kind of risky investment...

That is precisely my point.

rudi must stay

Cameron konws the same as everyone else about Hearts, absolutely **** all. That's one of the few good things about the way Romanov's running us, not even people who you'd think knew something having any clue whatsoever

That is precisely my point.

I can't see how they would get the funding in the first place, certainly not if the project is branded as being part of HMFC plc. Who in their right mind would invest in a project started by a technically insolvent football club with debts in excess of ?35 million?

Surely the only way they could go about this would be to create a new company that would ultimately be the owner of the development?

Ryan Gosling
I can't see how they would get the funding in the first place, certainly not if the project is branded as being part of HMFC plc. Who in their right mind would invest in a project started by a technically insolvent football club with debts in excess of ?35 million?

Surely the only way they could go about this would be to create a new company that would ultimately be the owner of the development?

Like UBIGorgie Ltd?

Dirk Diggler

Can't be arsed looking it up but did Pedro Lopez not say recently that funding was already in place, Most of which will be provided by UBIG?

Like UBIGorgie Ltd?

Has this company been set up Chris? Probably good news if it has.

Charlie-Brown

I think UBIG's financing partners will be mostly very rich Russian's & Ukranians & from other former soviet satellites - most of the wealth in the former Soviet Union is based on wealth from the real "physical economy" ie resources - the financial & banking crisis in the west is mostly a financial problem based the sharing of 'bad loans' and who is exposed to what & for how much and who will be left to take the hits as well as a decline / slowdown in the USA economy.

Ryan Gosling
Has this company been set up Chris? Probably good news if it has.

I actually don't know, I read it on here a few days ago.

Chip Douglas
In the course of my day yesterday I happened to be on business at Guardian Media the company who run Rock, Smooth and Real Radio. I was given the tour of the station and during my stay the studio where the football phone- in is broadcast was pointed out, "I rarely listen to it" quoth I, "the presenters really annoy me, its just OF propaganda", Oh I'll introduce you to Ewan Cameron said my host! "Hello JT&T please to meet you" said I "oh are you" said our man meaning are you a JT&T? Well if that guys one of us he makes a pretty good show of hating everything about Hearts or VR in particular.

Now Im the first to be somewhat sceptical about the VR revolution but my love for Hearts will always make me back up my club and defend it against all knockers but our man had not one good word to say about anything connected with Hearts.

1. We will not get a manager, Frail will be given the job, he's done a good job, has the dressing room and deserves his chance. The new manager is just pie in the sky.

2. The stand will not get built, there will be constant problems with planning, we will move out to Murrayfield, the hotel and flats will be build but a new ground outside the city will be proposed instead, this will also suffer planning problems, it will be too much hassle, VR will retreat leaving us up the proverbial creek but will still retain ownership of the lucrative hotel/flats complex although he'll be nowhere to be seen!

3. More good players will be sold, Kingston, Johnson and any youngster that shows promise!

"What about Campbell Ogilvie? surely thats a good move having a well respected Scot as Chairman?" I enquired "Nah, he's a Rangers man to the core and isnt a very vocal person, he's been paid a fortune to do exactly what VR wants"

All in all a very depressing conversation, I was given about 5 minutes of total vitriol towards VR, bottom line is we're been sold down the river, the whole thing reminds me of the usual scaremongering stories we are used to from the Weegia, didnt really expect to get that line from someone who is a Hearts supporter.

Thought long and hard before posting this, hope it doest contrevene any rules Mods?

just thought it might be of interest to fellow KBer's

You should have thought a little longer. He's just used you to spark another thread about Real Radio.

Chip Douglas
I actually don't know, I read it on here a few days ago.

Nothing as at today's date.

weegie jambo
You should have thought a little longer. He's just used you to spark another thread about Real Radio.

Nah, just thought his rant was worthy of debate, never listen to the pesh myself, would never advocate listening to it, more of a Radio 4 man myself!!

rudi must stay
Nah, just thought his rant was worthy of debate, never listen to the pesh myself, would never advocate listening to it, more of a Radio 4 man myself!!

exactly, it was a rant. Which is why you shouldn't have posted it. It's not got any fact it's just his opinion, which isn't worth listening to

Eggert just signed a 4 year deal.

he could sign a 20 year deal, and if a good offer came in he's be sold. who's to sat cameron is wrong, who's going to put money on everything romanov has promised. sure we can all hope but at this time that's all we have, HOPE.

for well over 2 years romanov has messed the players and the fans about, it's a bout time he started doing the right thing.

with romanov it's better to believe nothing until it happens.

awadooningorgie2
I think UBIG's financing partners will be mostly very rich Russian's & Ukranians & from other former soviet satellites - most of the wealth in the former Soviet Union is based on wealth from the real "physical economy" ie resources - the financial & banking crisis in the west is mostly a financial problem based the sharing of 'bad loans' and who is exposed to what & for how much and who will be left to take the hits as well as a decline / slowdown in the USA economy.

Don't have a clue what all that means NMH - did you make it up yourself?

I would bet my bottom dollar you are right however and the investors will come from that part of the world.

I would also be pretty certain the 'main contractor' will be either UBIG or a.n.other Lithuanian or Russian company. They will hire UK firms and in turn invoice Hearts for their services.

Pedro has stated the stadium costs will be ?31 million. What will this stand be made of.....gold?

I'm actually surprised someone hasn't lamped him already.

Not condoning violence but IMO you are playing a dangerous game by claiming to 'support' a team and then behave like he has on Radio.

All it would take is for him to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He would have to turn up at Tynecastle first.

Oh well, he should be ok then.

Archived