Interesting meeting!

weegie jambo

weegie jambo

In the course of my day yesterday I happened to be on business at Guardian Media the company who run Rock, Smooth and Real Radio. I was given the tour of the station and during my stay the studio where the football phone- in is broadcast was pointed out, "I rarely listen to it" quoth I, "the presenters really annoy me, its just OF propaganda", Oh I'll introduce you to Ewan Cameron said my host! "Hello JT&T please to meet you" said I "oh are you" said our man meaning are you a JT&T? Well if that guys one of us he makes a pretty good show of hating everything about Hearts or VR in particular.

Now Im the first to be somewhat sceptical about the VR revolution but my love for Hearts will always make me back up my club and defend it against all knockers but our man had not one good word to say about anything connected with Hearts.

1. We will not get a manager, Frail will be given the job, he's done a good job, has the dressing room and deserves his chance. The new manager is just pie in the sky.

2. The stand will not get built, there will be constant problems with planning, we will move out to Murrayfield, the hotel and flats will be build but a new ground outside the city will be proposed instead, this will also suffer planning problems, it will be too much hassle, VR will retreat leaving us up the proverbial creek but will still retain ownership of the lucrative hotel/flats complex although he'll be nowhere to be seen!

3. More good players will be sold, Kingston, Johnson and any youngster that shows promise!

"What about Campbell Ogilvie? surely thats a good move having a well respected Scot as Chairman?" I enquired "Nah, he's a Rangers man to the core and isnt a very vocal person, he's been paid a fortune to do exactly what VR wants"

All in all a very depressing conversation, I was given about 5 minutes of total vitriol towards VR, bottom line is we're been sold down the river, the whole thing reminds me of the usual scaremongering stories we are used to from the Weegia, didnt really expect to get that line from someone who is a Hearts supporter.

Thought long and hard before posting this, hope it doest contrevene any rules Mods?

just thought it might be of interest to fellow KBer's

Oopsupsideyerheed
In the course of my day yesterday I happened to be on business at Guardian Media the company who run Rock, Smooth and Real Radio. I was given the tour of the station and during my stay the studio where the football phone- in is broadcast was pointed out, "I rarely listen to it" quoth I, "the presenters really annoy me, its just OF propaganda", Oh I'll introduce you to Ewan Cameron said my host! "Hello JT&T please to meet you" said I "oh are you" said our man meaning are you a JT&T? Well if that guys one of us he makes a pretty good show of hating everything about Hearts or VR in particular.

Now Im the first to be somewhat sceptical about the VR revolution but my love for Hearts will always make me back up my club and defend it against all knockers but our man had not one good word to say about anything connected with Hearts.

1. We will not get a manager, Frail will be given the job, he's done a good job, has the dressing room and deserves his chance. The new manager is just pie in the sky.

2. The stand will not get built, there will be constant problems with planning, we will move out to Murrayfield, the hotel and flats will be build but a new ground outside the city will be proposed instead, this will also suffer planning problems, it will be too much hassle, VR will retreat leaving us up the proverbial creek but will still retain ownership of the lucrative hotel/flats complex although he'll be nowhere to be seen!

3. More good players will be sold, Kingston, Johnson and any youngster that shows promise!

"What about Campbell Ogilvie? surely thats a good move having a well respected Scot as Chairman?" I enquired "Nah, he's a Rangers man to the core and isnt a very vocal person, he's been paid a fortune to do exactly what VR wants"

All in all a very depressing conversation, I was given about 5 minutes of total vitriol towards VR, bottom line is we're been sold down the river, the whole thing reminds me of the usual scaremongering stories we are used to from the Weegia, didnt really expect to get that line from someone who is a Hearts supporter.

Thought long and hard before posting this, hope it doest contrevene any rules Mods?

Eggert just signed a 4 year deal.

J.T.F.Robertson
Well, thats one of his theorys shot already!

Not really, he could be signed just to be sold for maximum value. A bit like the fattening of the calf.

We can only hope Vlad proves him wrong. (a longshot)

Buffalo Bill

To be fair to Cameron, like a good politician, he's just going along with popular opinion.

It is fashionable for bitter Hibby presenters and drunk, wife-beating Weegie callers to slag off Hearts just now. And the way Vlad has turned us into a laughing stock, I don't blame him (or them) for sticking it in us.

Cameron is just playing to his majority.

We all have a mortgage to pay.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown
Cameron is a ******.

I wouldn't give him the steam off of my pish.

To be fair 'cat' - if you could bottle that stuff it is precisely the thing you should give him - preferably in his hair & over his best jacket. ;)

I have to say, that JT&T took some really nasty abuse on this messageboard, for quite some time, and I'd have to say he was pretty close to the truth.

He certainly wasn't courting popularity when he posted on here, that's for sure.

Lots of posters owe him an apology IMHO.

I'd be tempted to listen this time around, rather than just calling him a "******".

aDONis

adonis,you would maybe be right if the guy ever turned up to a game,and showed a bit of intrest in his supposed club,he is one of the guys that would actually love us to go to the wall,just to be proved right.total ******.

Konrad von Carstein
I have to say, that JT&T took some really nasty abuse on this messageboard, for quite some time, and I'd have to say he was pretty close to the truth.

He certainly wasn't courting popularity when he posted on here, that's for sure.

I'd be tempted to listen this time around, rather than just calling him a "******".

aDONis

You think what you like Adenoid :) the guy is an OF attention seeking whore who needs a good kick in the crotch, has never had a good word to say about the team he pretends to support while on this board.

weegie jambo
To be fair to Cameron, like a good politician, he's just going along with popular opinion.

It is fashionable for bitter Hibby presenters and drunk, wife-beating Weegie callers to slag off Hearts just now. And the way Vlad has turned us into a laughing stock, I don't blame him (or them) for sticking it in us.

Buffalo Bill

that was exactly the way it came across to me B B

I was hoping for a glimmer of hope or some exclusive insight but it wasnt to be.

Cameron sooks the commercial boaby..... he, as bill says does what sells, he chooses work over hearts..... cos he wouldnt get a job any where else. IMO

aDONis

I'll make it simple for you Dolly.

He doesn't get paid for posting on here so he doesn't give a toss what anyone thinks - he gets paid for being 'controversial' and he ain't going to slag any of the team's that pay his mortgage, is he?

He claims to be a Jambo but no-one has ever seen him at a game or a function involving the club.

I don't think he could actually find Tynecastle.

He is the perfect receptacle for practice footballs, made of netting. ;-)

Did you get the lottery numbers? ;)

If he can foresee that we will not get the stand,manager and players will be sold. You should have asked him for next weeks lottery numbers. JT&T used this message board to promote his show and willl say anything the station wants just to get people phoning in. Total ******.

Kenny you must be able to type faster than me

Buffalo Bill

That's about the size of it.

Heartless and homeless, not a big deal.

It's when well thought off guys turn , then you take it a bit more serious.

weegie jambo
If he can foresee that we will not get the stand,manager and players will be sold. You should have asked him for next weeks lottery numbers. JT&T used this message board to promote his show and willl say anything the station wants just to get people phoning in. Total ******.

Kenny you must be able to type faster than me

TBH I never got a word in edgeways, it was a stream of conscienceness anti Hearts rant, forgot the lottery numbers and the 4.15 at Haydock too!

Ryan Gosling

He's a bull****ter.

The stadium comment is utterly laughable and shows how little he knows.

weegie jambo
He's a bull****ter.

he was completely convinced that is what is going to happen!

The Old Tolbooth

Buffalo Bill

Very true mate, however no matter how peshed off I was with the owners of the club, I couldnt stab my fellow fans or my club in the back like he quite obviously does, it takes a special kind of old firm sucking tosser to do that instead, all in the name of ratings.

I think I would be using the radio show as a form of protest against the regime, rather than distance myself altogether from the fact that I pretended to be a Jambo a long long time ago.

Quite sad when you think about it really bud.

Ryan Gosling

It's a complete planning application - the hotel can't be built without the stand, they're adjoined for a start!!

The Old Tolbooth

He's also convinced that Roughy has the biggest boaby in world football, and he uses it regularly, I wont say where though!

weegie jambo
It's a complete planning application - the hotel can't be built without the stand, they're adjoined for a start!!

yeah, thats what I thought too, he just went on about the hotel getting built only and Vlad making his money out of that whilst promising us a green belt ground that would never get built!

I just let him ramble on it case he actually knew anything new that we didnt!

colinmaroon

Buffalo Bill

Oh that's all right then!!!

He's a bawbag. Simple as that. I'll bet him and Roughboy spend most nights touching each other's todgers in front of a Sir Dave Murray shrine.

Ryan Gosling
yeah, thats what I thought too, he just went on about the hotel getting built only and Vlad making his money out of that whilst promising us a green belt ground that would never get built!

I just let him ramble on it case he actually knew anything new that we didnt!

He doesn't.

PTBCAL knows more than Cameron ever will about the stadium.

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weegie jambo
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it thats your take on his thoughts Sir, as opposed to how genuine my story was!!

I take it thats your take on his thoughts Sir, as opposed to how genuine my story was!!

Correctomundo.

p.s. Impressed you are coherent at this hour.

weegie jambo
Correctomundo.

p.s. Impressed you are coherent at this hour.

Ah ha, the rock and roll industry never sleeps!:rock2:

One persons fantasy does not become reality.

JT&T ( if it is his opinion ) most likely looking for fodder for his schoolboy antics show.

Utter nonsense.

Would be very difficult for VR/Hearts to get permission for the flats/hotel without the stand. Would require a completely new application I have been told.

From what I understand the council have no real issues with Hearts application (trams, safety access etc...) ignore what you read in the press - people serving their own agenda and they are 'bigging' up any issues. Hearts have put a lot of time and money into this - sure it's taking longer than anyone of us would have liked but their overall aim was to do it once and do it right. These things never run smoothly as we would all like - anyone tried to get permission to alter their house in Edinburgh will verify this.

Expect a decision of the council late summer (August). All being well the stand will come down May 09 - only 13 months away now - and be rebuilt by Dec 2010.

The council are keen for this to happen but Ultimately VR will decide if the redevelopment goes ahead.

He's a bull****ter.

It is perfectly possible.

There are going to be a huge number of speculative property developments cancelled in the next few years. Who is to say that UBIG will be able to finance this one?

It is also very conceivable that the development is cancelled after the Main Stand comes down and when the fans are used to turning up at Murrayfield. Pedro Lopez would be tasked with finding us the green field site that the fans deserve with all kinds of facilities. That search will not turn up anywhere because the Council will prevent green belt development (in this case). And so Hearts continue to play at Murrayfield ...

Would be very difficult for VR/Hearts to get permission for the flats/hotel without the stand. Would require a completely new application I have been told.

From what I understand the council have no real issues with Hearts application (trams, safety access etc...) ignore what you read in the press - people serving their own agenda and they are 'bigging' up any issues. Hearts have put a lot of time and money into this - sure it's taking longer than anyone of us would have liked but their overall aim was to do it once and do it right. These things never run smoothly as we would all like - anyone tried to get permission to alter their house in Edinburgh will verify this.

Expect a decision of the council late summer (August). All being well the stand will come down May 09 - only 13 months away now - and be rebuilt by Dec 2010.

The council are keen for this to happen but Ultimately VR will decide if the redevelopment goes ahead.

Once the Main Stand comes down and (as in my previous post) we are used to Murrayfield - there would be no difficulty in getting a housing development through at Tynecastle?

It doesn't have to be about devious plots. It is conceivable that the money has been spent on the planning application with the best of intentions. The club/UBIG might have thought they could get finance for the development. With that access perhaps disappearing, then the next best option for UBIG might be to sell the site for housing. No grand conspiracy perhaps just incompetence - just as how the football club has been run.

It is perfectly possible.

There are going to be a huge number of speculative property developments cancelled in the next few years. Who is to say that UBIG will be able to finance this one?

It is also very conceivable that the development is cancelled after the Main Stand comes down and when the fans are used to turning up at Murrayfield. Pedro Lopez would be tasked with finding us the green field site that the fans deserve with all kinds of facilities. That search will not turn up anywhere because the Council will prevent green belt development (in this case). And so Hearts continue to play at Murrayfield ...

With Hearts you can never say never.

But I believe we will be playing at Tynecastle during re-development so it's possible that we will never actually be going to Murrayfield.

Hearts will find it almost impossible to get a safety certificate for the old stand very soon. So either way it comes down or does not get used.

With Hearts you can never say never.

But I believe we will be playing at Tynecastle during re-development so it's possible that we will never actually be going to Murrayfield.

Hearts will find it almost impossible to get a safety certificate for the old stand very soon. So either way it comes down or does not get used.

There must be ways to tart up the main stand so that it can get a safety certificate. Sure it would cost to remove asbestos etc. But a lot of old buildings get renovated - and it is not even all that old.

My Brother in law(jambo) got on the radio phone in a few weeks ago and he had Cameron by the baws. One of many points he made was that Cameron never highlights the good things about Hearts and that was when we brought out a commemorative programme about the late Phil O`Donnell.

My Brother in law pointed out that 3 days had passed since Hearts let it be known and Cameron had never mentioned it once.

Cameron went into a waffle and was left on the phone saying "Andy?, Andy? are you there?", my relative had hung up during his pathetic attempt at justifying why he hadn`t mentioned it.

CornhillHearts

Correction Iain Mac he was at first HOF, I went over and slaughtered him, but Ando always the diplomat chilled my drunken rant, he is a nobody always has been and always will be.

He would maybe get a job in a male equivalent of "Darlings" as a midget.

There must be ways to tart up the main stand so that it can get a safety certificate. Sure it would cost to remove asbestos etc. But a lot of old buildings get renovated - and it is not even all that old.

Think it needs a new roof and a lot of the wooden framework would need to be replaced.

Not impossible by any stretch.

Eggert just signed a 4 year deal.

Yup, with Romanov, I am always suspicious of players "signing long deals". Remember Craig Gordon signed a new deal, for a huge amount - at the time, we all thought that was great because it was good of him to do it, as we knew he would go elsewhere and when he did, we should get a lot of money - it wasn't as if any of us thought he would "see out his contract".

Same applies with Eggert - my expectattion is that Vlad is covering himself, in the hope he can make decent money on the boy.

Sad, but true.

Independence

Why fans of teams outwith the bigot brothers listen to REAL Radio is beyond me. Perhaps very few do.

It is total OF crap with the pupet that EC is licking up to anyone that will listen.

His verbal assault on Miko, after his dive against Scotland, was disgusting as many Scottish players do the same week in week out. I wonder if he gave Thomson the same treatment this week?

He even once admitted that his young son was a Rankers fan. Now if you were a true JT, EC, this would not happen.

EC a Hearts fan, dont make me laugh!!!!!

SpewHUN Cameron is without DOUBT the biggest C0ck on the Radio, Him and Roughie...Well, I'll not say what I would like to happen to these 2...Just Back from my last "Holiday"...BUT, what he said about Frail being Manager, Players leaving etc...Most have been saying the same things on here, Me included!!

Don't know about planning permission for the Stand, Hotel etal But, I'll believe that when I SEE it!!

I am not buying the pesh that MadVlad or his Puppets try to feed me anymore...The Difference is I go to Tynecastle (admittedly not much this season) OF Whore Cameron has/does NOT!!

Independence
My Brother in law(jambo) got on the radio phone in a few weeks ago and he had Cameron by the baws. One of many points he made was that Cameron never highlights the good things about Hearts and that was when we brought out a commemorative programme about the late Phil O`Donnell.

My Brother in law pointed out that 3 days had passed since Hearts let it be known and Cameron had never mentioned it once.

Cameron went into a waffle and was left on the phone saying "Andy?, Andy? are you there?", my relative had hung up during his pathetic attempt at justifying why he hadn`t mentioned it.

Yup, with Romanov, I am always suspicious of players "signing long deals". Remember Craig Gordon signed a new deal, for a huge amount - at the time, we all thought that was great because it was good of him to do it, as we knew he would go elsewhere and when he did, we should get a lot of money - it wasn't as if any of us thought he would "see out his contract".

Same applies with Eggert - my expectattion is that Vlad is covering himself, in the hope he can make decent money on the boy.

Sad, but true.

Surely this is good business sense. Better selling him for money whilst within a contract than selling him for nothing at the end of his contract?

Surely this is good business sense. Better selling him for money whilst within a contract than selling him for nothing at the end of his contract?

No doubt, and of course I agree .. just wishing people wouldn't take the impression from the signing of a player on a long deal, that the owner of the club (any club, really) is showing great commitment to that player being in the team in, say, 2012.

john brownlee
No doubt, and of course I agree .. just wishing people wouldn't take the impression from the signing of a player on a long deal, that the owner of the club (any club, really) is showing great commitment to that player being in the team in, say, 2012.

No but hes showing commitment to the club. trying to get the best deal for the future of the club

Do we want all our players to do a webstr

Dirk Diggler

I'm actually surprised someone hasn't lamped him already.

Not condoning violence but IMO you are playing a dangerous game by claiming to 'support' a team and then behave like he has on Radio.

All it would take is for him to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Seymour M Hersh
He's also convinced that Roughy has the biggest boaby in world football, and he uses it regularly, I wont say where though!

Shurely you mean is the biggest boaby in world football!!! :107years:

I've said previously, but where I currently work is the Architecture arm of the Scottish Exec, and a rather large box full of files on the new stand are here now getting looked at by the design review team.

Would seem a little far fetched for Hearts to submit plans to the SE (which is simply advisory, so not even a required step) if they actually had no intention of ever building the damned thing no?

I've said previously, but where I currently work is the Architecture arm of the Scottish Exec, and a rather large box full of files on the new stand are here now getting looked at by the design review team.

Would seem a little far fetched for Hearts to submit plans to the SE (which is simply advisory, so not even a required step) if they actually had no intention of ever building the damned thing no?

They may have the intention of building it - but they may not have the means.

Archived