Coins Are Changing...

Flux

Say What Again

As the guy reviewing them says, it does seem a strange chioce to remove all numerals from the coins.

Non-English speaking visitors are now going to have to know that fifty = 50 and twenty = 20.

The Old Tolbooth
Not really an assumption is it? ;)

Heh heh, very true mate! ;)

How about this sad *******s comments on the new coinage system.

As a coin collector of about 50 years standing, I find the designs an absolute disgrace. I didn't particularly find the previous designs very artistic, but in comparison the new designs are not artistic at all. As is common to many things these days an easy option has been taken. The lack of numbers on the coin is not "surprising" it is ridiculous. As for beaded borders on our coinage, these have been around from the time of Elizabeth I, slightly longer than 200 years. I shall probably use my credit card even more so that I don't have to handle these horrible 'bits of metal'

Geoff Reynolds, Redcar, England

I wish all I had to worry about was the design of the cash I was buying beer with ffs, get a life you mongol!!!!!

Stewart MacD
the Welsh won't be happy.

Are they ever? Never met a happy one yet.

I P Knightley
Are they ever? Never met a happy one yet.

I've met about 7 in the last fortnight and they all seem remarkably chipper. Something to do with the rugby, I believe.

As for these coins... I've been lucky enough to travel to some exciting destinations over the last few years but I've never been to a country that is so stupid as to issue coinage that doesn't tell you what it's worth with simple numerals. If I'd been stuck with notes and coins with the value written in Russian, Farsi, Spanish, Czech, Krio, Farsi or Dari, I'd have been well and truly donald Ducked.

This is just silly. Are Soles.

(It's not an ongoing April Fool is it?)

while its very uninteresting i think they look quite good. the lad that designed them (matthew dent) is only 27.

i don't see the point in redesigning them though, as surely we should be coming into an age soon where we don't have a use for coins? card spending is already bigger than cash spending and once this barclays card http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/barclays_landing/BarclaycardOnePulse16.html?TC=QXBCC16643 takes off properly and more banks folllow suit many of us won't have a proper use for change

Archived