The official "How many tickets for WHL will we get" thread

Mr Sifter

I've booked my train, accommodation will soon be sorted out.....but what if I don't get a ticket?

It's been playing on my mind all day. I've had a ST for 17 years now, and I'd like to THINK I'll be ok for a ticket down there, but I can't help but worry it could go tits up!!

This issue has been covered sporadically on the numerous other threads, but I reckon it's such an important issue it deserves it's own thread!!

Some are sayin we will get 5% and no more (approx 1800) whilst others are saying we will get as many as we want (surely not, we could take 10,000 down there FFS!). So please put my mind at rest....

...how many ******* tickets are we gonna get!!!!

Romanov Stole My Pension

Hopefully those who traveled over to Hungary at such late notice will be given some sort of priority.

Tottenham should give us the home end if they are not interested in the comp.

That way none of us would need worry

Suspect a few may end up in the home end anyway

If the tie is still in the balance i can see us taking a massive support down

:)

Guest Borat

3,000 is what they usually give to away fans for EPL fixtures.

By the looks of things they have in the past extended the away section round further towards the goals for certain European ties so who knows, we could get more.

Edit. Charlton got over 4000 tickets for a cup tie at White Hart Lane back in January.

I've booked my train, accommodation will soon be sorted out.....but what if I don't get a ticket?

It's been playing on my mind all day. I've had a ST for 17 years now, and I'd like to THINK I'll be ok for a ticket down there, but I can't help but worry it could go tits up!!

This issue has been covered sporadically on the numerous other threads, but I reckon it's such an important issue it deserves it's own thread!!

Some are sayin we will get 5% and no more (approx 1800) whilst others are saying we will get as many as we want (surely not, we could take 10,000 down there FFS!). So please put my mind at rest....

Most Premiership teams get 2900 - you definitely won't get any less than that.

But last season Charlton, Inter Milan and AC Milan all got more than that, probably about 4000 - can't really see it being more than that tbh.

Most Premiership teams get 2900 - you definitely won't get any less than that.

But last season Charlton, Inter Milan and AC Milan all got more than that, probably about 4000 - can't really see it being more than that tbh.

I was at the Inter game and there's no way Inter had anything like 4000 tickets. We only had a small section on the lower level to the left of the goals. I reckon it held about 2000.

I was at the Inter game and there's no way Inter had anything like 4000 tickets. We only had a small section on the lower level to the left of the goals. I reckon it held about 2000.

Oh sorry, I live abroad so I wasn't actually at the game so I only saw the lower level - and it came much closer to the goals than what any Premiership teams get so I presumed it was extra. Probably the same for AC Milan as well then.

Premiership teams get less of the end behind the goal but they get both tiers in the corner and that holds 2900 for the large away supports I believe.

North Berwick Jambo

We will have three times the size of the Inter support at least :thumbsup:

Hopefully Hearts and Spurs come to a % deal.......................give Spurs 3 sections of the Roseburn (about 15%) and we get 15% of WHL in return.

One and a half sections in the Roseburn for Hearts fans.

If we give them the whole of the Roseburn, then we should be demanding at least 6-7,000 for WHL.

Decent away supports at both games will add greatly to the atmosphere.............we might have to give up the Roseburn for a guarantee of enough tickets for WHL.

What Hearts should not do is agree to a deal that sees us with a smaller % at WHL than we give them at Tynecastle.

Does anyone know what UEFA rules are on minimum ticket allocation to away support?

Maroon & White

Exactly my issue.. I think they will not fill there end and hopefully it'll be 'as much as you like' arrangement..

Fingers crossed..

the general

I dont think it will be as easy as some people think to get tickets for the home seats as most clubs nowadays require you to have a previous buying history

portobellojambo1

I dont think it will be as easy as some people think to get tickets for the home seats as most clubs nowadays require you to have a previous buying history

Agree general.

I also hope HMFC get the allocation of tickets for White Hart Lane spot on. As I said on another thread I seemed to see nothing but posts on internet sites last night about people who have booked up for London and are planning on going to the game with kids, grandparents, the neighbour and their dug.

My feeling is there are people who 100% deserve to be at this game, as a reward for loyalty shown to the club, by travelling away regularly in the SPL and Europe, and people who would like to be there, because it is an attraction to them, like The Scottish Cup final etc. The second group should only be considered as a very last resort, if there are any tickets left over. If those who are loyal to the club don't get fully rewarded while some part time punters get tickets for a one off jaunt I will be feckin pissed off big style.

boabyarsebiscuit

I knew there would be a time I was thankful my daughter's boyfriend was a Spuds member!

Although if Paks away travellers get priority, we'll hopefully be sorted anyway.

Agree general.

I also hope HMFC get the allocation of tickets for White Hart Lane spot on. As I said on another thread I seemed to see nothing but posts on internet sites last night about people who have booked up for London and are planning on going to the game with kids, grandparents, the neighbour and their dug.

My feeling is there are people who 100% deserve to be at this game, as a reward for loyalty shown to the club, by travelling away regularly in the SPL and Europe, and people who would like to be there, because it is an attraction to them, like The Scottish Cup final etc. The second group should only be considered as a very last resort, if there are any tickets left over. If those who are loyal to the club don't get fully rewarded while some part time punters get tickets for a one off jaunt I will be feckin pissed off big style.

Bad kickback netiquette I'm sure, but "Spot on!" (presumably I'm meant to paste some knobend smiley in here, but what the hey)

portobellojambo1

Surely Pj1, the loyalty points will take care of that?

I suspect the loyalty points count held by HMFC is about as accurate as Hibs account of football history. I know for a fact mine is wrong, by a fair bit, so presume others find themselves in the same boat.

We are going to get probably around 3,000 tickets (unless HMFC can organise a higher allocation with Spurs), and these should go to people who deserve them, not simply people that want them.

Spurs take a huge away support in Europe, to suggest they will not fill their end at Tynecastle is naive. If, and its a bif if, if Hearts give them all of the Roseburn they'll fill it easily. You can bet your bottom dollar that a trip to such a wonderful city as Edinburgh will be hugely appealing to the Spurs fans. I bet they've been to some real shit holes in Eurpoe and they'll be delighted at the prospect of Edinburgh.

I think Hearts mighht just give them all of the Roseburn although I hope not as it will impact on home availability for Hearts fans. It would make the ticketing administration easier for Hearts and the bottom line is that Tynecastle will be sold out whoever the tickets go to.

As for the Hearts support in London, I think it could possibly be the largest support we've ever taken to an away European tie. If we're still in with any kind of a chance after the home tie you there's little doubt that every single Hearts fan who could get down to London will be trying to get tickets, and thats why there may be value in giving Tottenham all of the Roseburn from the outset so that Hearts can ensure Tottenham reciprocate with an equal % of away tickets for WHL. Realistically, and in the right circumstances I beleive Hearts could take up to 10,000 to WHL. Essentially its only doon the road and can be done by driving straight there and back again after the game. Can you imagine being at WHL if Hearts were to empty them. To quote a much used Keegan phrease, "I'd love it I'd really love it". This is our opportunity to demonstrate that there are more than 2 teams in Scotland - mainly to the english media who will I am sure have already dismissed Hearts as any type of threat at all.

Having said all of the above, the fact that tickets are on sale from today means these issues have already been agreed between the clubs.

Everyone who went to paks had to put down a customer number for a ticket. Surly it should be easy as feck for hearts to check these and give first choice to those fans!

As people have already mention the Europa games are part of the spurs season tickets so tickets won't be easy to get down south.

Spurs take a huge away support in Europe, to suggest they will not fill their end at Tynecastle is naive. If, and its a bif if, if Hearts give them all of the Roseburn they'll fill it easily. You can bet your bottom dollar that a trip to such a wonderful city as Edinburgh will be hugely appealing to the Spurs fans. I bet they've been to some real shit holes in Eurpoe and they'll be delighted at the prospect of Edinburgh.

I think Hearts mighht just give them all of the Roseburn although I hope not as it will impact on home availability for Hearts fans. It would make the ticketing administration easier for Hearts and the bottom line is that Tynecastle will be sold out whoever the tickets go to.

As for the Hearts support in London, I think it could possibly be the largest support we've ever taken to an away European tie. If we're still in with any kind of a chance after the home tie you there's little doubt that every single Hearts fan who could get down to London will be trying to get tickets, and thats why there may be value in giving Tottenham all of the Roseburn from the outset so that Hearts can ensure Tottenham reciprocate with an equal % of away tickets for WHL. Realistically, and in the right circumstances I beleive Hearts could take up to 10,000 to WHL. Essentially its only doon the road and can be done by driving straight there and back again after the game. Can you imagine being at WHL if Hearts were to empty them. To quote a much used Keegan phrease, "I'd love it I'd really love it". This is our opportunity to demonstrate that there are more than 2 teams in Scotland - mainly to the english media who will I am sure have already dismissed Hearts as any type of threat at all.

Having said all of the above, the fact that tickets are on sale from today means these issues have already been agreed between the clubs.

I'd expect us to give Spurs around 1,000 tickets based on the 5% rule

Hopefully those who traveled over to Hungary at such late notice will be given some sort of priority.

Disagree

Dagger Is Back

Everyone who went to paks had to put down a customer number for a ticket. Surly it should be easy as feck for hearts to check these and give first choice to those fans!

As people have already mention the Europa games are part of the spurs season tickets so tickets won't be easy to get down south.

So you're suggesting that folks who went to Hungary get priority? If so, no way. I didn't go to Hungary but have followed Hearts abroad on several occassions (a lot less than folks like PJ1 mind you) and I'd be well peeved if someone got prioriy due to attending 1 game.

Sexton Hardcastle

3 Sectiosn of the Roseburn blanked off.

So what, 1800 odd seats inc segregation?

I couldn't make Hungary, should I get priority because of Zagreb, Bordeaux, Feyenoord, Mallorca etc.?

I agree fans who have loyalty points because they travel to Inverness, Paisley, Motherwell etc should get first shout but sorry don't agree those that went to Hungary should automatically get tickets.

portobellojambo1

Spurs take a huge away support in Europe, to suggest they will not fill their end at Tynecastle is naive.

Correct, THFC should and will get the full Roseburn Stand. I was at a European tie at Tynecastle the other night, and the total HMFC support who bothered turning up would have easily been accommodated in the other three stands. We shouldn't pander to those who pick and choose their matches, especially at Tynecastle. Spurs will pack out the Roseburn with people who follow them regularly and they deserve to be there as much as fans who follow HMFC regularly deserve first bite at the tickets for WHL.

portobellojambo1

There were a number of people in Hungary who I'd never seen abroad with HMFC before (although admit alcohol may have played a part in that :teehee:). The ticket allocation for WHL should be based on more than one game, the loyalty points system should cover that but it doesn't appear to be accurate. I can see from my total the last match showing on it is the trip to ICT in April last season. nothing as yet for the three away games after that at the end of last season, the ST points, the trip to Ibrox this season and the Paksi away game.

But all games should be taken into account, not just the trip to Hungary.

the general

Correct, THFC should and will get the full Roseburn Stand. I was at a European tie at Tynecastle the other night, and the total HMFC support who bothered turning up would have easily been accommodated in the other three stands. We shouldn't pander to those who pick and choose their matches, especially at Tynecastle. Spurs will pack out the Roseburn with people who follow them regularly and they deserve to be there as much as fans who follow HMFC regularly deserve first bite at the tickets for WHL.

100% agree the fans who didnt turn up on Thursday through choice should be ashamed but I bet these will be the ones bleating about not getting tickets for Spurs home and away!

agree about the folk going to Hungary NOT getting priority but Hearts have to ensure its done fairly on a loyalty points basis and tickets not hived off to Corporate,Federation and friends of friends

Hi there. Yid here to try & adress a few bits & bobs i have been reading.

The usual away allocation is indeed 1800 but i would be very surprised if are not given 10% (3600).

When we played Wisla Krakow it went to general sale & there must have been 7k Poles there (afterall they live closer to the Lane than most of us).

You will have either All of the South Lower or half the Lower & Half the Upper. Most of the more vocal Yids (myself included) go in the South stand (Park Lane End).

Drinking with kids. Most away fans generally drink in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool St. There is no issue with taking kids in there. You can drink at KingsX & get the Victoria Line but then you either have to bus/walk or try & get on an aready packed train at Seven Sisters. Train from Liverpool St is my chosen route. Away fans will not get into any pubs anywhere near the ground. However, there are cafes which sell beer & allow away support in.

Aggravation. It has been many many years since i have seen a 'shirt' come unstuck in the vicinity of WHL - contrary to a post i saw here Yids are most definitely not bullies. If you are there for a beer, a sing-song & to support your team there will be no problems. However, if you want trouble you will not have to look to far to find it. Not too many shinking violets at ours. If you turn up with any 'known' Chelsea things could get ugly.

Also, you really do not want to be going too far off the beaten track - the Somalians, Albanians & Turks are not very friendly!!

Not sure what we will take to yours - all depends on allocation although generally our away support is excellent but the short notice may not help. We took 10k to Inter which was a blinding experience.

As for the game? Over two legs i expect us to win but these games are rarely walk-overs & i think this could be tricky but we should (hopefully) prevail.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

the general

I knew there would be a time I was thankful my daughter's boyfriend was a Spuds member!

I love that wee guy .. sure I bought him a pint in Berlin (well thought about it anyway)

Romanov Stole My Pension

I couldn't make Hungary, should I get priority because of Zagreb, Bordeaux, Feyenoord, Mallorca etc.?

I agree fans who have loyalty points because they travel to Inverness, Paisley, Motherwell etc should get first shout but sorry don't agree those that went to Hungary should automatically get tickets.

To be honest it was more wishful thinking than actually believing those in Hungary should get priority.

100% agree the fans who didnt turn up on Thursday through choice should be ashamed but I bet these will be the ones bleating about not getting tickets for Spurs home and away!

agree about the folk going to Hungary NOT getting priority but Hearts have to ensure its done fairly on a loyalty points basis and tickets not hived off to Corporate,Federation and friends of friends

Totally agree with this. Haven't been on since the game due to public house attendance, but, I was very disappointed with the turnout. Especially given the way some moaned about European games not being at Tynecastle.

There were a number of people in Hungary who I'd never seen abroad with HMFC before (although admit alcohol may have played a part in that :teehee:). The ticket allocation for WHL should be based on more than one game, the loyalty points system should cover that but it doesn't appear to be accurate. I can see from my total the last match showing on it is the trip to ICT in April last season. nothing as yet for the three away games after that at the end of last season, the ST points, the trip to Ibrox this season and the Paksi away game.

But all games should be taken into account, not just the trip to Hungary.

Not sure if this is a dig at me, but i'll let that go.

I do agree the whole history should be taken into account, but before the game in Paks i was sick and tried of all the shit from hearts fans who were saying they weren't going and waiting for a bigger team in the next round! Don't see why these people who can't be bothered with the last round now should jump up and down and demand a ticket. Some people need to remember that its about supporting hearts and not just a jolly up when u can be bothered.

there was what about 500 people at paks, can't see the problem if we get 3000 tickets that these guys get priority?

If as Alfie Conn says above, we do get 3600 then everyone who should get a ticket,will get one imo. Whether its enough to satisfy demand remains to be seen.

portobellojambo1

Not sure if this is a dig at me, but i'll let that go.

I do agree the whole history should be taken into account, but before the game in Paks i was sick and tried of all the shit from hearts fans who were saying they weren't going and waiting for a bigger team in the next round! Don't see why these people who can't be bothered with the last round now should jump up and down and demand a ticket. Some people need to remember that its about supporting hearts and not just a jolly up when u can be bothered.

there was what about 500 people at paks, can't see the problem if we get 3000 tickets that these guys get priority?

I'm not sure if I fell over you in the street I would know who you are super_vlad, so I would have no idea if I've bumped into you either in Europe or around Scottish grounds. It was a generalisation rather than aimed at anyone in particular.

Nope. Hearts fans have bought tickets for the Roseburn stand already today, so Spurs must be getting half at best.

Danderhall Jambo

Looks like Spurs have been allocated 3 sections of the Roseburn, only 2 sections available for JTs fans to buy

Danderhall Jambo

Forget that, there will probably be a section empty in the middle for security/segregation, so Spurs might at best have 2 sections

portobellojambo1

Nope. Hearts fans have bought tickets for the Roseburn stand already today, so Spurs must be getting half at best.

Think that is an absolutely shocking decision by HMFC. If these feckers cannot get their backsides along to Tynecastle once a fortnight they should have been allowed nowhere near the stadium for this game. Much prefer to see the ground full of loyal football supporters than feckin glory hunting part time cocks.

Forget that, there will probably be a section empty in the middle for security/segregation, so Spurs might at best have 2 sections

FFS.... :down:

How much does 2 sections hold?

Mr Loverman

Think that is an absolutely shocking decision by HMFC. If these feckers cannot get their backsides along to Tynecastle once a fortnight they should have been allowed nowhere near the stadium for this game. Much prefer to see the ground full of loyal football supporters than feckin glory hunting part time cocks.

Change the record eh?

If getting people along to Tynie for this game encourages them to come more often or buy a ST (some already have according to some posts on here) then all the better.

The club should be congratulated on this decision to help increase it's customer base.

I'm signed up to the Spurs online ticketing thing after trying to buy seats for the Arsenal game last March. So I've got a 'history' but that will be my last resort.

Just checked to see if they're selling them - they're not on sale yet.

the general

I'm not sure if I fell over you in the street I would know who you are super_vlad, so I would have no idea if I've bumped into you either in Europe or around Scottish grounds. It was a generalisation rather than aimed at anyone in particular.

and no dig from me

I was at the Paksi game and dont expect a ticket based on that but I do on my loyalty points

kingantti1874

Each section holds 700, spurs getting 3 - segregation so about 1800-1900 according to the bird in the TO

Guest Borat

Each section holds 700, spurs getting 3 - segregation so about 1800-1900 according to the bird in the TO

If they are getting 1900 tickets for Tynecastle then we should get around 4,000 for WHL surely

Nonsense. Would rather see the ground full of Hearts fans.

Thats what I'm thinking so at the moment as I am making my plans for 25/8/11 I will be relying on my bro to get me my ticket (no probs there he's a platinum ST holder) and anything else I will worry about later :thumbsup:

Hi there. Yid here to try & adress a few bits & bobs i have been reading.

The usual away allocation is indeed 1800 but i would be very surprised if are not given 10% (3600).

When we played Wisla Krakow it went to general sale & there must have been 7k Poles there (afterall they live closer to the Lane than most of us).

You will have either All of the South Lower or half the Lower & Half the Upper. Most of the more vocal Yids (myself included) go in the South stand (Park Lane End).

Drinking with kids. Most away fans generally drink in the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool St. There is no issue with taking kids in there. You can drink at KingsX & get the Victoria Line but then you either have to bus/walk or try & get on an aready packed train at Seven Sisters. Train from Liverpool St is my chosen route. Away fans will not get into any pubs anywhere near the ground. However, there are cafes which sell beer & allow away support in.

Aggravation. It has been many many years since i have seen a 'shirt' come unstuck in the vicinity of WHL - contrary to a post i saw here Yids are most definitely not bullies. If you are there for a beer, a sing-song & to support your team there will be no problems. However, if you want trouble you will not have to look to far to find it. Not too many shinking violets at ours. If you turn up with any 'known' Chelsea things could get ugly.

Also, you really do not want to be going too far off the beaten track - the Somalians, Albanians & Turks are not very friendly!!

Not sure what we will take to yours - all depends on allocation although generally our away support is excellent but the short notice may not help. We took 10k to Inter which was a blinding experience.

As for the game? Over two legs i expect us to win but these games are rarely walk-overs & i think this could be tricky but we should (hopefully) prevail.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Really helpful post, mate, thanks a lot -- more solid info in here than I've seen since the draw was made. Should be two great nights. I would have preferred if we'd given Spurs a bigger allocation, but maybe not that many will want to come up anyway, with Harry's comments on the competition etc. Anyway, cheers and thanks for the info

Archived