Special Train to Euston

JAMBO747

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Ill be booking on Tuesday all being well. Just on my own but hope for a great trip :thumbsup:

Can supporters bring bottles of coca cola onto the train? :whistling:

Ill be booking on Tuesday all being well. Just on my own but hope for a great trip :thumbsup:

I'll be travelling on my own for this trip also, i'll be booking on the Jambo express probably after the home game.

Sydney Devine

Just spoke to a v helpful lady on the phone - the train is filling up nicely - so looks a goer.....just booked three tickets. Get in there quick my friends.......

Update on bookings: We have taken around 100 bookings for the train, however we still need more people to book on to make it viable,I will give it until Thursday before making a final decision as to whether it will run or not depending on numbers that book between now and then. Come on Jambos get booking!!

Update on bookings: We have taken around 100 bookings for the train, however we still need more people to book on to make it viable,I will give it until Thursday before making a final decision as to whether it will run or not depending on numbers that book between now and then. Come on Jambos get booking!!

I'm thinking Thursday might be a bit soon. I suspect there'll be people are holding off to see what Hearts decide to do with the tickets not sold during this initial phase and judge whether they are likely to get one. How many bums on seats do you need for the service to be viable?

I'm thinking Thursday might be a bit soon. I suspect there'll be people are holding off to see what Hearts decide to do with the tickets not sold during this initial phase and judge whether they are likely to get one. How many bums on seats do you need for the service to be viable?

I think Thursday is fine. I appreciate what you say here, but we'll need time to look at alternatives. Hearts fans will not be the only people going to London!

Don't see this train happening tbh, but hope for the ones already booked that it does.

Bloody hope so. I booked 2 seats today.

Rocky jamboa

Tip for anyone booking a normal train service for 3 or more people.

Click here

A third off normal price, working out at ?90 per person return.

Thanks mate. wasnt aware of this. Got down and back for ?68 whereas was looking at around ?108 before. Down at 10.30 on thurs morning and back on friday night at 7pm

Bloody hope so. I booked 2 seats today.

Likewise, booked 5 on friday. No money out the account yet though. Better hurry up and take it out before the direct debits take it. Will need to phone them tomorrow!

Sydney Devine

You should get Scott Wilson to read out the details at the match on Thursday evening. I am sure Radio Forth will also read out a plug for the train too.

FAO - Scott Wilson, any chance you could give this a plug at Tynie and on Forth?? Please PM me to advise, Cheers.

You have taken a big risk with this as if it dosen't go ahead a lot of fans will be let down.

COYS

I know somewhere there are two seats on a trip that's definitely going ahead... :rolleyes:

I know somewhere there are two seats on a trip that's definitely going ahead... :rolleyes:

Can you PM me the details - this trip suited me right down to the ground as I need to get back to Edinburgh early Friday morning, i now fear it will not happen.

Tried to book the sleeper last night as a back up plan but it is fully booked

Can you PM me the details - this trip suited me right down to the ground as I need to get back to Edinburgh early Friday morning, i now fear it will not happen.

Tried to book the sleeper last night as a back up plan but it is fully booked

It's outlined on this thread... http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/98060-travel-and-accommodation-for-two/

E-mail [email protected] if interested and I'll reply with an attachment with our itinerary.

Have a good chance of ticket, so I REALLY hope this train happens! Fingers crossed! :ninja:

Romanov Stole My Pension

The next batch of tickets don't go on sale until Thursday so I hope the deadline for booking the train isn't until Friday to give everybody a chance.

I have heard that there are around 1,400 tickets left!

If people have not booked travel yet, this may be the only way to get there and back for some so hopefully fills up on Thursday/Friday

Good idea to announce it at Thursdays game

Really hope this happens as looks like the only way I can get there and back

Have just gone ahead and booked normal Edinburgh to kings x train leaving 9.30am Thursday, and coming back leaves kings x 9.30am the friday morning 114.00 each.45 quid for b&b in oxford street for twin room not taking any chances on not getting down.

Good luck to all those who have booked on this hopefully it should run, and fill up over Thursday and Friday.

Back to 2005

I would use this and will book once I get a ticket. However seeing as I have only 65 loyalty points I would imagine this wont be until early next week if at all.

North Berwick Jambo

I am waiting to sort tickets before i book the travel but i assume plenty of fans like me will book up for the train when they are sorted! :thumbsup:

Sydney Devine

I am desperate for this train to run but the more I think - it's probably a tad optimistic that over 19% of the hearts supporters with tickets will choose to travel on this train (that's assuming we do sell all 2,900 tickets). Fingers crossed though.

UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT NUMBERS TO RUN THE TRAIN AND WE NEEDED TO CONFIRM WHETHER WE WERE RUNNING OR NOT TO NETWORK RAIL BY TODAY. WE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE FOR ALL THOSE ALREADY BOOKED AND THE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

COACH FROM EDINBURGH WAVERLEY TO WHITE HART LANE LEAVING 9AM AND GOING STRAIGHT TO THE GROUND WITH REST STOPS EN ROUTE. THE COACH WILL PICK UP FROM BEHIND THE GROUND AFTER THE MATCH AND WILL TRAVEL DIRECTLY BACK TO EDINBURGH WITH REST STOPS ON THE WAY HOME. NEW COST IS ?60 PP RETURN. WE ARE CURRENTLY CALLING EVERYONE WHO WAS BOOKED ON THE TRAIN TO ASK IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN THE COACH, ANYONE ELSE WHO STILL HASN'T BOOKED ANYTHING AND WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL BY COACH CAN ALSO BOOK ON THIS, AGAIN WE WILL NEED MINIMUM NUMBERS FOR THE COACH TO OPERATE, HOWEVER NO WHERE NEAR THE NUMBERS WE NEEDED FOR THE TRAIN.

I AM TRULY SORRY WE HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THE TRAIN, BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WE CANNOT OPERATE A TRAIN THAT IS LESS THAN A QUARTER FULL.

Sexton Hardcastle

Im sure a lot of people would fancy a drink etc in and around London if you could make the departure earlier.

UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT NUMBERS TO RUN THE TRAIN AND WE NEEDED TO CONFIRM WHETHER WE WERE RUNNING OR NOT TO NETWORK RAIL BY TODAY. WE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE FOR ALL THOSE ALREADY BOOKED AND THE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

COACH FROM EDINBURGH WAVERLEY TO WHITE HART LANE LEAVING 9AM AND GOING STRAIGHT TO THE GROUND WITH REST STOPS EN ROUTE. THE COACH WILL PICK UP FROM BEHIND THE GROUND AFTER THE MATCH AND WILL TRAVEL DIRECTLY BACK TO EDINBURGH WITH REST STOPS ON THE WAY HOME. NEW COST IS ?60 PP RETURN. WE ARE CURRENTLY CALLING EVERYONE WHO WAS BOOKED ON THE TRAIN TO ASK IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN THE COACH, ANYONE ELSE WHO STILL HASN'T BOOKED ANYTHING AND WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL BY COACH CAN ALSO BOOK ON THIS, AGAIN WE WILL NEED MINIMUM NUMBERS FOR THE COACH TO OPERATE, HOWEVER NO WHERE NEAR THE NUMBERS WE NEEDED FOR THE TRAIN.

I AM TRULY SORRY WE HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THE TRAIN, BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WE CANNOT OPERATE A TRAIN THAT IS LESS THAN A QUARTER FULL.

Sorry to see it not running, good on you for offering alternative.

You have not been helped by Hearts taking an age to sell tickets.

we may be up for this a wee bit early would be better

no disrespect to you for trying think the train would have been fine had we either had more tickets or it had been announced earlier. don't see the bus running either. i assume it will be a full 10 hours bus journey arriving at White Hart Lane just in time for kick off and then leaving right after. i know i would rather watch it in the house than spend 20 hours stuck on a bus. the whole point in going to a game like this is soaking up the city atmosphere in the lead up to kick off.

good luck to those who don't feel like i do though

Was up for this, had Hearts sorted out the briefs sooner.

Would have been 5 of us.

Nevermind.

Shame that.

I don't think HMFC can be blamed for this train not happening, they were slaughtered after the shambolic release of the home tickets, now they are doing it properly and releasing tickets to deserving fans in a phased, organized process.

It is impossible to please everyone.

Did always seem unlikly this would happen.

It is a big call to try and fill a train, when nobody knows who you are.

Spurs buses are leaving at 3.15am due to arrive around 1pm. at least they can have a drink.

I don't think HMFC can be blamed for this train not happening, they were slaughtered after the shambolic release of the home tickets, now they are doing it properly and releasing tickets to deserving fans in a phased, organized process.

Part of the problem is that the draw is only a couple of weeks before the match. I do still think that Hearts could have done this a little bit quicker. Made the deadlines for people to purchase tickets earlier and been clearer on how many people had the required number of loyalty points.

A very slow process imo when you take into consideration that holiday leave/travel/accom to be organised.

Is it possible to just get the coach back to Edinburgh?

Yeah I was wondering about this as well, I'm sorted for travel down though.

Archived