Overall Reaction then?

boy_in_maroon

Fozzyonthefence

Looks like I'm one of the few underwhelmed Jambos. Yes, commercially we should do very well but to me it's a lose, lose situation on the pitch. A reserve Spurs team will still be far too strong for us which won't make us or the SPL look good but even if the miracle result happens we won't get much credit for beating a reserve team. I don't know what the ticket prices will be like - hopefully HMFC don't rip the fans off because we aren't going to be seeing many / any of the Spurs superstars.

Also, as has already been mentioned this tie won't capture the imagination in England and won't be a big game at all for Spurs - they'll just think they are playing a wee diddy team like we did in the last round.

I would have loved this tie around 20 years ago but with the quality (or lack of it) of our current team I really wanted somebody pish, like Rosenborg (well, ok there probably weren't any other seeds as remotely pish as Rosenborg who are worse than Tromso / Paksi).

Also pissed off with UEFA for the way they did the draw with the silly mini pots. It was already an anti climax for me - don't think we would have beaten any of the teams we could have got (maybe PAOK was it?) so maybe getting Spurs was the best we could have hoped for as it would have been the biggest money spinner. Why couldn't we just have had a chance of getting any of the 38 seeds, minus the OF?

Archived