Overall Reaction then?

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

After a bit time to settle down and react. This is my thought

It is a glamour tie and one I am very delighted and very excited with. Regardless of who we could have got drawn against. It was always going to be very tough for us to progress through to the group stages.

If we had got drawn against either PAOK or Hapoel, yes maybe we may have had a slight chance of going through? But even then we would have been up against it.

For me it would have been like the AEK Athens draw for the Champions league qualifier a few years back. We all had high hopes for they two matches, and we know how that ended up.

If we are honest? Yes we are expected to go out so why not have a glamour tie against a side that were Champions League quarter finalists last year. Lets give it our best shot over the two legs and see how we fair against them?

Its one for the fans to remember and a chance to Go up against one of the so called "big teams" of England.

Lets behind the lads all the way in this regardless. Tynecastle has to be LOUD on the 18th. Let the travelling fans be heard at the Lane.

What is everyone elses views now its settled.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

YAAAASSSSS! lets get intae them!

But, IMO, we have a good chance. Arry has said he's not taking the competition too seriously.

Ribery's Face

Tottenham are probably the weakest team we could have drawn to be honest, purley becuase of the fact that harry has said publicly he basically isnt intrested in the europa league because hes giving his young guns a run out in europe. every othere team will be playing their strongest 11 but thankfuly spurs arnt which is a massive bonus. :thumbsup:

jack D and coke

CANNY.F*****.WAIT :woot: :woot: :woot:

For both legs!!! Think im more looking forward to go to WHL!

Get in ya dancer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it makes no sense for spurs to field a significantly weakened team for the play-off. they are as well to be in the group stage where they have the chance to play all the fringe players and youth and give them outstanding experience.

if you hold out for them playing a weakened team then you may get a nasty shock.

Johanes de Silentio

Great draw, tough draw - potential money-spinner, which will allow us to 'concentrate on the league'.

I just don't see what is 'glamourous' about Spurs. Give me a continental side any day. Sure they have some big players but I just don't buy into all the EPL shite that sky try to feed us.

mulleted_jambo

it makes no sense for spurs to field a significantly weakened team for the play-off. they are as well to be in the group stage where they have the chance to play all the fringe players and youth and give them outstanding experience.

if you hold out for them playing a weakened team then you may get a nasty shock.

I agree - It's a smoke screen - They will be dead keen to get thru'

Sexton Hardcastle

I just don't see what is 'glamourous' about Spurs. Give me a continental side any day. Sure they have some big players but I just don't buy into all the EPL shite that sky try to feed us.

Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Lennon, Defoe... to name but a few.

Right enough eh

Since this will be built up in the media to be 'The battle of Britain', it might convince Arry to play a strong squad, because national pride will be at stake.

However, Spurs have big games against both Manchester sides, before and after playing Hearts, so they might not risk playing star players.

The preassure is all on them, and maybe (although probably not) that will work in our favour. :thumbsup:

:arry:

:pleasingao:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I agree - It's a smoke screen - They will be dead keen to get thru'

I can see both legs being used by Spurs as opportunities for first team and fringe players to get match fit and sharp for the start of their domestic campaign - i would predict at least half the team beings first team regulars.

I would predict a Spurs team you would see play in the early stages of the Carling Cup players like van der vart, modric etc not in the team

any one else in the same situation as me, missing both legs as will be in Gran Canaria? no thought not:(

Guest Borat

It is a glamourous tie. Its two British clubs for a kick off. And like it or not the EPL is not "shite", its one of the best leagues in the world. Spurs also finished 5th in the EPL and were Champions League quarter finalists last year. Take a look at their squad FFS - Modric, Bale, van der Vaart.

A few days in London and a game against a top English Premiership side or a few days in Israel or Russia FFS, no contest, great draw.

Cant wait :jjyay:

jambojim1986

Couldnt of asked for anything more! They are not concentrating on Europe this season so we will have a chance against their weakened side, after we pump them at Tynie I fear they will bring out the big guns at the Lane :whistling:

Most importantly, trip to London = sesh!

bajthejambo

As someone who has no time for Tottenham, I am delighted. We are massive underdogs for the tie undoubtedly, but that should not stop us from giving it our best shot and singing our lungs out.

Tottenham are probably the weakest team we could have drawn to be honest, purley becuase of the fact that harry has said publicly he basically isnt intrested in the europa league because hes giving his young guns a run out in europe. every othere team will be playing their strongest 11 but thankfuly spurs arnt which is a massive bonus. :thumbsup:

There is no guarantee Spurs will play a weakened side. If we somehow won the first leg we would face a strong side in the second. He will not be up for getting embarrassed this early.

I think it is a glamorous tie. There's no denying that Tottenham are a very big club. On balance I'd also rather have had a big continental club - I'm already dreading all the "Battle of Britain" and "wish we could play in a British league" stuff - but this is a pretty good draw.

Great tie. When i hear folk bemoan us being in Europe it irritates me. This is reward for our efforts in the previous season, even if we go out.

It`s about memories. Its going to be a great atmosphere, great build up and something to remember. Becomes part of our history.

As much as domestic success, i want Hearts to keep qualifying for Europe and having these nights.

Absolutely buzzing. This is what Europe is about for hearts. It was the one I wanted when the pots were announced. If they field a weakened team then better still

I am absolutely buzzing about the impending battle of Britain.

I think this one will be in the memory for a long time.

Most excited I have been about a match for a long time.

I am absolutely buzzing about the impending battle of Britain.

I think this one will be in the memory for a long time.

Most excited I have been about a match for a long time.

they are a football team we are a football team 1 game in to the season and they have to come to a rockin tyne game on me thinks

I hate Spurs almost as much as I hate Hibs and despise Redknapp. I can't wait. On paper we should get spanked but we aint playing on paper are we? Mon the Hearts :thumbsup:

Agreed , i would even go as far as saying that Spurs have the potential to go all the way in this competition.

For once we will be the centre of attraction even though the uglies are in the same competition (well, at least that's the way it should pan out).An all British tie, in Edinburgh for the first time in around 35 years. It is a feckin belter :woot:

Spurs will play a number of players on the fringe of their squad in both games. They'll expect to beat us comfortably with those players and why wouldn't they, one of these individuals probably gets paid more weekly than our entire squad. They'll keep some quality players on the bench in case they are slipping up. If our best players are fit and play well, our tactics are right and we get some luck we can give them a good game. That's all.

Castle Magyar

Turd.

This is a top draw, a fekin top draw!

Open yr eyes, we couldn't have pulled a more glamerous tie if we tried !!!

I fekin loath people like you - this game is our season, there will likely be no higher charge than having THFC in the capital.

Prestige, full house, top-cracking-ear-splitting atmosphere in the mother of all stadiums. Monster, monster huge glamour match for us - and our guests will sh1te themseves!

It's people like you who go to the Weedjie and hope we get a draw - you feking kill me!!!

Take your SuDuKo to the match and try beat your personal best !!

Me; I'm fekin dreaming of kickin these mothers... !!

JamboRossi79

Spurs will play a number of players on the fringe of their squad in both games. They'll expect to beat us comfortably with those players and why wouldn't they, one of these individuals probably gets paid more weekly than our entire squad. They'll keep some quality players on the bench in case they are slipping up. If our best players are fit and play well, our tactics are right and we get some luck we can give them a good game. That's all.

They aren't interested in this competition anyway so it really annoys me as we would give our right arm to be the group stages.

**** this English arrogance to the Europa league

http://www.premierleaguenow.com/story.php?title=Europa%20League%20worries%20Redknapp&team=Tottenham&player=redknapp

Jam Tarts 1874

It's a great tie for Hearts. Both games will be on TV so good revenue and good ticket sales. It's a great tie for the fans to get excited about.

For the players there is a great incentive to make sure they put in good shifts over the next couple of games so as they don't miss out.

I think it is also a good reward for those sponsors both long standing and new who didn't make knee jerk reaction decisions and continued to support us. Especially Wonga who will get a great return on their investment already.

Who was that bottled water company again? Who cares? Probably tap water in their bottles anyway. Suck it up you plums!

Absolutely deeeeeelighted.

As hearts fans, this is what we strive for. This is what makes 3rd place an achievement. This is why we sing all year about going to Europe.

Feck going out to a team you've never heard of, or even a team like AEK whom we all know but have no real feeling towards.....playing with the big guns from dan sarf is what we all dream of.

Biggest tie of my hearts supporting life and I cannot fecking wait!

We've played some of Europes greats before and competed very well. This could be the time that we are NOT the gallant losers going out on away goals, but the 1 time we shock the footballing world.

This is why we love European football. Who could ever forget the time we had in Bordeaux? X1000000 for what Spurs will be like if we win:)

marshallschunkychicken

We have no chance, but it was absolutely the draw I wanted. I didn't see us going further than this round, so I really wanted a massive game at Tynie. This is it.

In the last 5 seasons, the Champions League semi finalists:

06/07: 1 Italian, 3 English

07/08: 1 Spanish, 3 English

08/09: 1 Spanish, 3 English

09/10: 1 German, 1 French, 1 Italian, 1 Spanish

10/11: 2 Spanish, 1 German, 1 English

Total:

1. England - 10 semi finalists

2. Spain - 5 semi finalists

3. Italy and Germany - 2 semi finalists

5. France - 1 semi finalist

Hmm.......'EPL shite'?

In the last 5 seasons, the Champions League semi finalists:

06/07: 1 Italian, 3 English

07/08: 1 Spanish, 3 English

08/09: 1 Spanish, 3 English

09/10: 1 German, 1 French, 1 Italian, 1 Spanish

10/11: 2 Spanish, 1 German, 1 English

Total:

1. England - 10 semi finalists

2. Spain - 5 semi finalists

3. Italy and Germany - 2 semi finalists

5. France - 1 semi finalist

Hmm.......'EPL shite'?

A good number of Jambos will travel regardless of having a ticket or not do you recon a few spurs fans will do like wise up here?productenlarged.jpg

A good number of Jambos will travel regardless of having a ticket or not do you recon a few spurs fans will do like wise up here?

Given that it's not a massive game for us (no offence), I doubt that they will in large numbers. I'm sure there will be some, maybe 500 or so but not like what you will bring down to London I'd expect.

Although I've heard that Spurs could be given as little as 1000 tickets at Tynecastle so if that's it then maybe there will be more...

Rudolf's Mate

I cannot believe some on here don't think this is a massive draw for us!

It's HUGE make no bones about it. Biggest game we've played or likely to play for a while. It's also being hyped up by the media and will most likely be on telly.

Just gutted my daughter goes into hospital for surgery for the away tie on 24th otherwise I'd make the 50 minute journey to London regardless of getting a ticket.

Given that it's not a massive game for us (no offence)

None taken mate,this game has got this town buzzing and even the second class citizens on the other side of town can't stop going on about how they want you lot to hammer us,maybe happen but you'll get a game at Tynecastle my friend of that i have no doubt!! :thumbsup:

None taken mate,this game has got this town buzzing and even the second class citizens on the other side of town can't stop going on about how they want you lot to hammer us,maybe happen but you'll get a game at Tynecastle my friend of that i have no doubt!! :thumbsup:

Yeah I know, we will get a game especially with the team that we will choose imo. I'm really excited for it :)

It's just that the three games that surround the two Hearts games are Everton (first game of the season), Man United and Man City - they are all such big games that Hearts is unfortunately dwarfed a little.

North Berwick Jambo

Yeah I know, we will get a game especially with the team that we will choose imo. I'm really excited for it :)

It's just that the three games that surround the two Hearts games are Everton (first game of the season), Man United and Man City - they are all such big games that Hearts is unfortunately dwarfed a little.

As i said before Ross, thats a good thing & fingers crossed Arry will play the reserve/youth side & underestimate us :thumbsup:

True thats a tough start to the season right enough,tell you what we may give you lot a goal start :D

As i said before Ross, thats a good thing & fingers crossed Arry will play the reserve/youth side & underestimate us :thumbsup:

I think we will line up:

------------------Cudicini------------------

Walker-------Bassong-----Kaboul---------Rose

Townsend-----Jenas------Livermore-----Pienaar

-----------------Kranjcar--------------------

----------------Crouch/Defoe----------------

So a bit of a mix of youth and reserve there....wouldn't call it 'underestimating' you, it will probably be the same for our whole Europa League campaign to be honest, and only if this side makes it past the group stages will we start playing the likes of Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart IMO.

North Berwick Jambo

I think we will line up:

So a bit of a mix of youth and reserve there....wouldn't call it 'underestimating' you, it will probably be the same for our whole Europa League campaign to be honest, and only if this side makes it past the group stages will we start playing the likes of Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart IMO.

Pienaar, Kranjcar & Defoe are the only real worry in that line up & as for Crouch he will get snapped in half the first time Ian Black gets anywhere near him, it might cost us a card but it will be worth watching :thumbsup:

I think we will line up:

Tell you what mate that team would cruise to the title up here.

It is a glamourous tie. Its two British clubs for a kick off. And like it or not the EPL is not "shite", its one of the best leagues in the world. Spurs also finished 5th in the EPL and were Champions League quarter finalists last year. Take a look at their squad FFS - Modric, Bale, van der Vaart.

A few days in London and a game against a top English Premiership side or a few days in Israel or Russia FFS, no contest, great draw.

Cant wait :jjyay:

Thats unfair. You manipulated what I said. At no point did I say the EPL was shite.

Also I didn't say it was a bad draw in terms of the game. Its just not got the va va voom factor for me. Ive been down to Sunderland a few times against spurs over last few seasons and I personally would rather of had a team from the continent. Italy, Spain etc (because of the pools I know this wasn't possible).

Given that it's not a massive game for us (no offence), I doubt that they will in large numbers. I'm sure there will be some, maybe 500 or so but not like what you will bring down to London I'd expect.

Although I've heard that Spurs could be given as little as 1000 tickets at Tynecastle so if that's it then maybe there will be more...

Interesting Ross, I'd have thought that an away tie in Edinburgh (during the festival too) would have been a big attraction for the Spurs fans?

Nice avatar btw - most appropriate.

On paper, this should be a straightforward victory for Tottenham. They have the money and the players, they should walk this.

But, you know what, stranger things have happened in football. If we can go to White Hart Lane with a chance, who knows? I certainly haven't written off our chances.

Interesting Ross, I'd have thought that an away tie in Edinburgh (during the festival too) would have been a big attraction for the Spurs fans?

Nice avatar btw - most appropriate.

I don't really know tbh, you're probably right. If you gave us 4000 tickets they would all be snapped up straight away, I just don't know how many would travel without one.

I got it off this site in the 'Hearts related' section under avatars...very nice :)

Archived